Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics (27815 Views)

Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals / Agbonlahor: Harry Kane Is Better Than Cristiano Ronaldo / Wacth Dele Ali Furious After Been Substituted By Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by livebyday(m): 7:49am On Dec 18, 2019
Tottenham striker Harry Kane is excited by the prospect of learning a new style of play under Jose Mourinho, having only ever worked with Mauricio Pochettino at Spurs prior to this season.

When Pochettino was handed the managerial reigns at the club back in 2014, he quickly set about promoting some of the younger members of the squad.

Kane was among those to be thrust into the limelight, and with the Argentine's guidance, he quickly emerged as one of the most promising young talents in English football.

Kane won the Golden Boot at the 2018 World Cup in Russia as England enjoyed a thrilling run through to the semi-finals, before inheriting the captain's armband earlier this year.

Pochettino was always able to get the best out of Kane, but as a collective, Tottenham failed to build on their Champions League final appearance in June at the start of the 2019-20 campaign.

The 47-year-old was relieved of his duties on November 21 after Spurs slipped into the bottom half of the table, with Mourinho drafted in for his first role in management since being sacked by Manchester United last December.

The Portuguese has won five of his seven matches in charge to date, with Kane helping himself to five goals in total while benefitting from a change in approach which has seen Tottenham rediscover their attacking spark.

Kane is wholeheartedly embracing the opportunity to learn from "one of the highest-level managers in our sport", as he told reporters: "I got on very well with Poch and I respect Poch very, very, very much.

"But Mourinho's got his own style, his own way of doing things. For me, it is about learning that way. My top-level career has only been with one manager, so for me, it's good to experience new things, see how different managers work.

"Mourinho's one of the highest-level managers in our sport, so I can only learn from him."

The north Londoners can move into the top four if they secure a home victory against Mourinho's former club Chelsea on Sunday.

Spurs were closer to the relegation zone than the Champions League prior to the ex-United manager's arrival, with Kane happy to admit that the players have raised their game to impress their new boss.

When asked how Mourinho has managed to turn fortunes around so quickly, Kane added: "It's hard to say. We weren't picking up results earlier in the season for one reason or another. Little things went our way towards the end [against Wolves].

"Whenever a new manager comes in, everyone's ready, wants to work, wants to impress. It's important over this month, a busy period, and in January that we carry it on. It's not just for an early period.

"We've been feeling good. We've scored goals in pretty much every game we've played with the new manager in charge so if we can get it right, grind out results like that throughout the season we'll be OK."

Source: https://www.goal.com/en/news/tottenham-striker-kane-excited-to-be-learning-new-style-of/7ig35p73yhki1ed9w8wr8bff6

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by ghettokid1(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2019
My love for this guy ehn! Na only god know

10 Likes

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Jack500: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Well, that's true. It seems mourihno has improve, no more boring defensive footbal

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by kolafolabi(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mourinho is a better coach.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by pascalbenz: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by youngest85(m): 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ftv
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by baal(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
ghettokid1:
My love for this guy ehn!
Na only god know

Muorinho or Kane

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Flier: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mourinho is turning them to lazy guys,now they don’t have to run too much like those Pochettino days,just wait for opportunity and counter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Bantino(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mourinho is a better coach now he has learnt his lessons to be humble and not being a braggart

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by GeneralPula: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mourinho Is a very good coach!

He’s the only one I’m sure of that can help Arsenal at the moment!

If no be say Spurs was faster, nah Mourinho Arsenal for carry

My own opinion tho cool

8 Likes

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by youngbabaj(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Next!
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by ghettokid1(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
baal:

Muorinho or Kane
Both of them

1 Like

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by livebyday(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
[[s]
author=Flier post=85016970]Mourinho is turning them to lazy guys,now they don’t have to run too much like those Pochettino days,just wait for opportunity and counter
[/s]
What?? Are you sure you watch football?

1 Like

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by timothydgreat: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
That's the special one. Mou is the best. The only gaffer that doesn't joke with African players.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Amstupid(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
U will still relegate ,,,,,
My darling useless Arsenal is coming to d top angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by LagBlogger(m): 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Which Kain. Somebody that will soon court controversy.
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Na still cane
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by livebyday(m): 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Horlaidex:
Overrated English striker

Harry Kane?

OVERRATED?
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Asabe4(f): 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Who wouldn't love Mourinho's tactics? grin
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Flier: 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
livebyday:
[

What?? Are you sure you watch football?
Gbenu soun,I am a Mourinho fan
That is what Tottenham have been doing since Mourinho took over,wait for opportunity and counter
Go and check statistics if you have not been watching their games

1 Like

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by ybalogs(m): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
Don't be just excited,score goals for me. You gave me just 1 pt this past game week and you expect me to be happy with you abi?

2 Likes

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by TemmyT002(m): 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
He should better play well and score well o because I have him on my FPL team.

1 Like

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by TemmyT002(m): 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
ybalogs:
Don't be just excited,score goals for me. You gave me just 1 pt this past game week and you expect me to be happy with you abi?

Lol
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by livebyday(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
Flier:
Gbenu soun,I am a Mourinho fan
That is what Tottenham have been doing since Mourinho took over,wait for opportunity and counter
Go and check statistics if you have not been watching their games

Ogbeni gbenu joko jare !! angry

This is not globacom football

You clearly do not understand football tactics of technical aspects

Smh
Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Angelfrost(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
The only meaningful part I got there was "The players have raised their game to impress their new manager"!

In other words, the snakes deliberately played trash to get the Argentine sacked, even at the risk of relegation... Talk about " Players' Power".

Mr. Mourinho, enjoy it while it lasts.... Going by your antecedents, it won't last that long. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by livebyday(m): 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
Angelfrost:
The only meaningful part I got there was "The players have raised their game to impress their new manager"!

In other words, the snakes deliberately played trash to get the Argentine sacked, even at the risk of relegation... Talk about " Players' Power".

Mr. Mourinho, enjoy it while it lasts.... Going by your antecedents, it won't last that long. grin

This is not enyeamba of aba thread or rangers if enugu thread we are talking serious football clubs here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics by Angelfrost(m): 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
Asabe4:
Who wouldn't love Mourinho's tactics? grin

Ermmm... Anyone serious about attacking football and scoring loads of goals... Did you start watching football recently??! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League: Clubs Kick Against New Reforms / BIG BOY! Ahmed Musa Makes N4million Promise To U-23 Eagles After Libya Win / Nigeria Wins U17 World Cup For Record 5th Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.