Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss (1377 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss by InesQor(m): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2010
The 25 year old book "the Seduction of Christianity" (at the link below) discusses the future of the Seduced Church, which today we see all around us in various forms of heresy. The authors make references to Napoleon Hill of the 'Think and Grow Rich' fame because he was the one making those waves at the time.

http://www.4shared.com/get/qZNqA2bG/SeductionofChristianity.html

Following are 4 reviews of the book contents.

In the Olivet Discourse, when Jesus' disciples asked Him what would be the signs of the end of the world and of His return, His first response was, "See to it that no man deceives you!" Many books over recent years have chronicled the rise of natural disasters, one-world government preparation, and the coming "Mark of the Beast", but few if any have addressed the very first sign that Jesus said would mark the nearness of his return: unprecedented spiritual deception!

Hunt and McMahon expose ancient witchcraft and sorcery as they are repackaged in modern, pseudo-scientific terminology and passed off to undiscerning Christians as the latest in "self-help" or "personal development" techniques. The authors place all the modern spiritual deception in the context of Bible prophecy and how it will play into the hands of the coming Antichrist, the one-world government, and the apostasy of the Christian church.

Clever counterfeits that appear to be genuine deceive millions. In Galatians, the apostle Paul severely reproves these churches for their defection from the faith. Dave Hunt in his books and ministry, in prayerful Paulian fashion, exhorts, identifies, analyzes and warns the church against the wolves amongst our flocks.

As a fellow Berean, Hunt's ministry earnestly contends for the faith. He desires to join together tens of thousands of concerned believers who will not only be informed but who will act upon the Biblically sound information they provide. They believe we stand at a historic juncture no less significant than the Reformation itself. God has called us to earnestly contend for the faith and to rescue as many as possible from Satan's deception.

Many years ago, Dave Hunt amused me when he good naturedly quipped about his antagonists when they are exposed to public scrutiny for their aberrant teachings, ----- "When you throw rocks at a chicken coupe, the only ones likely doing the squawking will be the ones that are getting hit." The difference of course, is that unlike the ad hominum arguments of his detractors, Mr. Hunt always heavily supports his positions with copious footnotes, accurate quotes, followed with sound Biblical exegesis.

Dave Hunt asks: "Will you join me in earnestly contending for "the faith once for all delivered to the saints"? Let us heed the Berean call to search the Scriptures daily and to evaluate everything we read and hear by that standard! Let us love others enough to tell them the truth without compromise!" amen.

I read this book back in 1994. It was at a time when I was deep into the health and wealth gospel. I was also a member of a well known church here in Columbus that is broadcast to many cities outside of Ohio and outside of the country. It really opened my eyes and I am grateful to God that I read this book because I began to read my Bible. Which caused me to be the Berean I should have been long ago.

The teachings that I was following in the health and wealth gospel pulled me away from God not closer to Him. Most of the time the health and wealth gospel sounds like something at a multi-level marketing meeting (pick whichever company out there).

Because of Mr. Hunt's book, I started reading my Bible to get to know God for Himself and not for what He can give me. I recommend it for anyone caught up in health and wealth or any false teaching. But most of all read the Bible and let the Holy Spirit lead you. That's what I did and now I fellowship in a congregation that preaches and teaches the True Gospel.

Dave Hunt addresses the phenomenon sweeping the church which is encompassed by New Age thought and the seduction of motivation/success teachers such as Napoleon Hill. Using well-grounded biblical principles he reduces the health/wealth/prosperity gospel to what it is - a sham, and a shamanistic conspiracy to seduce believers into accepting the AntiChrist system. Of course, those easily offended at this critique may be put off, but if readers approach this with an open-mind, I believe the Spirit of God will reach them appropriately, and in light of the Word of God.

After all, our experiences should be measured by the standard of the Word of God, as well as our reading. Like the Bereans, we should check it, to be sure it lines up with the pure, unadulterated scriptures. This book was a blessing, and I plan to read and re-read it. I would suggest the same to anyone who not only is interested in what is taking place in l999 modern churches, but anyone who is taking the claims of success gurus and disciples of Napoleon Hill. As will be revealed, Hill's philosophies not only came from questionable sources, but were totally foreign to the Truth of Scripture. A gem of a book.

Re: The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss by aletheia(m): 12:10am On Nov 29, 2010
bookmarked
Re: The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss by Joagbaje(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2010
InesQor:

The 25 year old book "the Seduction of Christianity" (at the link below) discusses the future of the Seduced Church, which today we see all around us in various forms of heresy. The authors make references to Napoleon Hill of the 'Think and Grow Rich' fame because he was the one making those waves at the time.

What has motivational teaching got to do with seduction. People usually criticise what seem to be out of the conventional. The teachings of motivational speakers are mostly based on biblical principles. Principles that many Christians have lazily abandoned through ignorance. For example what is wrong with a teaching that says "YOU CAN BE A SUCCESS" "MAXIMIZING YOUR POTENTIALS"?.

Many motivational speakers are Christians. John Maxwell has been a pastor for years. They use biblical principles to bless the world.in my opinion.
Re: The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss by tpia5: 5:58am On Aug 05, 2012
aletheia: bookmarked

likewise.
Re: The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 05, 2012
Joagbaje:

What has motivational teaching got to do with seduction. People usually criticise what seem to be out of the conventional. The teachings of motivational speakers are mostly based on biblical principles. Principles that many Christians have lazily abandoned through ignorance. For example what is wrong with a teaching that says "YOU CAN BE A SUCCESS" "MAXIMIZING YOUR POTENTIALS"?.

Many motivational speakers are Christians. John Maxwell has been a pastor for years. They use biblical principles to bless the world.in my opinion.
One of the chickens has been hit...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sex & Hypocrisy In Christianity Part 2 / Who Is Ruling The World? / Living Faith Church Burnt Down By Muslim Youths In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.