Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring (16979 Views)

"We Are Safe And Sound" - VP Osinbajo Says After Helicopter Crash / Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says He Has 'Leprous Fingers' / End Of Boko Haram Will Come Sooner Than Later - VP Osinbajo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by airminem(f): 6:37am On Dec 19, 2019
cheesy

Nigeria is the butt of doomsday prophets whose pastime is to see her dismember at ballot times. Its the reason there is for a clamorous call nationwide for the restructuring of the polity, for the return to old nation state, when centrifugal administration gave birth to Nigerias renaissance age.

Mr Vice, Nigerians know what they want! wink

A level of a Vice president talking about rice.lol

smiley
very embarrassing govt

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 19, 2019
As if, if Nigeria is restructured, the problems of corruption and virtually all others, will not be easily tackled. What a corrupted traitor you have become and too blind to see it. See his educated big lips like "geographical restructuring', like he doesn't know it's not just geographic were seeking but a total restructuring. I pity those who think to vote for him if he ever contests, you've heard from the horses' mouth what you'll get.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by mrvitalis(m): 6:38am On Dec 19, 2019
sonnie10:

Do the maths, public utility generated electricity is fraction of what it cost to run a generator. It is practically impossible for most startups to break even.
The end result is unemployment which leads to idleness which is the precursor to criminality. The untapped human capital in Nigeria is enormous and a burden to the society both economically and socially.
Bro I own a pure water factory ..I'm not connected to PHCN at all I depend on my gen 100% ...electricity adds less than 5% operating cost .......it cost me around 35k to run diesel a month

1500 can run u petroleum for 8 hours depending on the gen ...even 1000 can ...most bet shops don't use more than 1000

Nigerians are not smart we just like to do what others do
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Odinaka00(m): 6:39am On Dec 19, 2019
blazeahams:
Nigeria problem is the government. Nothing else.

No Sir.. Nigeria problem is the coward youths and not the government.. The Youths vote these people into power cuz of tribalism

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by contigiency(m): 6:40am On Dec 19, 2019
These are the kind of intelligent discussions Nigerians ought to be having. And not being easily swayed by those who were at the helm of affairs and paid deaf ears to those things they claim today.

That's why Atiku and his supporters annoy me seriously. He was the second in command when those States the VP is referring to went to court about fiscal federalism which is the most important aspect of restructuring, he looked the other way.

And today, he is behaving as if he just graduated from school where he was taught governance and all other things he is saying. And those who claim to have gone to school and are intelligent, are seeing him like a new Messiah and a new sheriff in town different from that same person who was the VP for 8years.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 19, 2019
Let's restructure.
If you check very well these states that are not self sufficient are the most imprudent in economizing the scarce resourses they've got. They'll build 90 mosques, embezzle the money that they don't even have.
When there's a restructuring, I believe they'll try and have sense

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by jahsharon: 6:44am On Dec 19, 2019
Freestainworld:
prophet of the doom talking

Lazy youth lamenting
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by GEEBITE: 6:45am On Dec 19, 2019
Why dig up old news here again if not mischief.This news is running to 2 years now.
ledamaster:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/281579-nigerias-problem-isnt-restructuring-osinbajo.html
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by jahsharon: 6:45am On Dec 19, 2019
Josh44s:
This asslicker is just saying this to save his asss as VP. Modafucking modacucka. angry

This lazy youth is suffering from psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by NOHOLDSBAR2: 6:45am On Dec 19, 2019
People's brains need to be restructured. These are lazy unrealistic set of people that never faces reality.
In fact let them even define in details what they mean by restructure and they won't be able to tell you.
It's just a fancy terminology that means different things to each one of the people crying restructure.

My VP kindly carry on oh jare and ignore these louts.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by jahsharon: 6:46am On Dec 19, 2019
GEEBITE:
Why dig up old news here again if not mischief.This news is running to 2 years now.

The hatred that their parents planted in them is growing everyday. This hatred is making them go backwards instead of forward. This is why they are sad, miserable, depressed and suicidal.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by ufotty2001: 6:47am On Dec 19, 2019
Restructuring is the only problem out I'm this country.. allow states to be independent of their own that is all...
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Lydia696: 6:48am On Dec 19, 2019
We are the bigger problems of Ourselves in this country
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by GEEBITE: 6:48am On Dec 19, 2019
Second in command really.Ok tell VP Osibanjo to recall all his aides sacked or is it redeployed the term that was used. This will tell you how the office has got no powers over the kind of issue you raised.
contigiency:
These are the kind of intelligent discussions Nigerians ought to be having. And not being easily swayed by those who were at the helm of affairs and paid deaf ears to those things they claim today.

That's why Atiku and his supporters annoy me seriously. He was the second in command when those States the VP is referring to went to court about fiscal federalism which is the most important aspect of restructuring, he looked the other way.

And today, he is behaving as if he just graduated from school where he was taught governance and all other things he is saying. And those who claim to have gone to school and are intelligent, are seeing him like a new Messiah and a new sheriff in town different from that same person who was the VP for 8years.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:48am On Dec 19, 2019
hisgrace090:
Restructuring is the only way out for now Mr VP let's accept the truth.

UNDER APC NIGERIA BECOME THE POOREST PEOPLE ON THE EARTH!

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by baysol: 6:49am On Dec 19, 2019
Wetin this man dey talk now? This careless comment goes to show that Nigerian leaders don't consult before commenting on far reaching emotive issues of national import and serious import. Its so unfortunate.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Hallabee1(m): 6:49am On Dec 19, 2019
then do the needful sir
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by solmus: 6:50am On Dec 19, 2019
GEEBITE:
Second in command really.Ok tell VP Osibanjo to recall all his aides sacked or is it redeployed the term that was used. This will tell you how the office has got no powers over the kind of issue you raised.

Ask Lawal Daura the former DSS boss if osinbajo has powers or not
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by King44(m): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2019
This is what they want us to believe but in reality restructuring, amendment of the Constitution and having all arms gvt properly separated would do the job awon oloshi
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 19, 2019
I'm sorry to say this, but the VP is right..

(Yesterday, I was agreeing with Atiku , today, I agree with Osibanjo)

The truth of the matter is, restructuring is just simply a call by one side for more oil money. So that at the end of the day, they would use the oil money to build massive buildings a la Dubai, and give everyone a big nice payout...and chop money well well....

And everyone would use the oil money to import and import...

The truth is, all arguments...sharia, herdsmen,IPOB, OPC, etc etc...is about who gets more oil money.Restructuring is just another addition to the grand fight over the thing. That's why I haven't backed restructuring since 2009. Because development isn't about sharing the money, it is about using what you have to develop something for the world.

And that is the problem I have with Nigeria. Nigerians want more money, where and how it comes, they don't care.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Princemichael93: 7:04am On Dec 19, 2019
ledamaster:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/281579-nigerias-problem-isnt-restructuring-osinbajo.html
My joy is that he's not going to be there for ever. One day he will be wailing soon.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by LabDNA: 7:05am On Dec 19, 2019
Farotimi72:
See this person Sha. Oridinary senate was given to an ignorant man, what did he do? Yet he was impeached.

Yes...use your yoruba propaganda as usual. The country is messed up beyond repair because an Igbo man was once given Senate presidency.

You think nairaland is your roadside Alaroye free readers association meeting point.

Keep deceiving yourself with your empty propagandas.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by tete7000(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2019
dukeprince50:
There wasn't any part of his statement that was false, restructuring won't do Nigeria any good.
Management is what both the government and the people lack

My question is that we were inundated with how much the past governments earned but were not told how much has accrued to the present government since they came to power in 2015. Or could it be they didn't earn anything? We can only do a fair assessment of each government if we know no the level of money earn with the level of corresponding development recorded. I am sure, when we do that we will discover that this government is only good at pointing finger, they are as horrible and wasteful as their predecessors they seek to vilify...
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by okefrancis: 7:07am On Dec 19, 2019
I have the hope that better Nigeria is coming to us under the leadership of Buhari/ Osinbajo
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by LAguy(m): 7:08am On Dec 19, 2019
JonDon12:
Then after 5 years in power why havent you solved the problem. Why is Nigeria moving backward, not forward?
which backward are you talking about? Is it the same backward in English dictionary?
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by 2chukwu(m): 7:15am On Dec 19, 2019
You will have to wait after rapture for your dream to have meaning
waleadex:
In all, let us just be hopeful a better Nigeria is near.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by contigiency(m): 7:18am On Dec 19, 2019
GEEBITE:

Osibanjo's aids is your major problem? Atiku should have supported the move let it be that his boss did not allow it. History would have recorded it for him. I am aware that he spent greater part of that period quarreling with Obasanjo. But all the problems centered on selfish politics and power tussle, and never on developmental challenges of the country.

But today, even my mother in the village is fully aware of the impact of Osibanjo in the government of the day. He has wielded power and made far greater impacts in governance than all the VPs we have had in the past. Reason is because him and buhari are focused on what they want to achieve for the good of all, and never on selfish enrichments.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by MEGAWATCH: 7:24am On Dec 19, 2019
Chicastle:

How old are you there?

They are here.......
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Awoleesu(m): 7:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Who still listens to a Commissioner in the Federal cabinet...
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by ayemip(m): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmm Pastor..... Let me not say anything make FG no come find me
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by nick50(m): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2019
Does it mean that Nigerians doesn't buy rice in this administration or u share it free of cost?
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by musicwriter(m): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2019
He said that prudent management of national resources and providing for the people properly were better ideas for Nigeria’s development challenges.

Of course, such an idea has been offered by everybody. The question is: why is not happening in Nigeria?

Mr. Vice president, "prudent management of national resources and providing for the people properly" don't pop up from nowhere .It is mostly a product of a social structure that has resolved issues such as restructuring and identity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Retracts Statement On Oil Workers’ Rescue / Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko / Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.