Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,033 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:48 AM

16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb (3619 Views)

You Can Have 320 In GRE Exam In One Sitting / Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Nomannaz(m): 5:31am On Dec 19, 2019
This girl scored 302 in her JAMB, 274 in Post UTME at the ABU Zaria. She has 6 A1s (including Maths and Biology also Physics and Chemistry) in her WAEC.

Yet ABU Zaria denied her admission to study her course of choice.

Medicine and Surgery rather she was offered Human Anatomy.

ABU Zaria cut off mark for Medicine and Surgery is 250.

She surpassed that score by 52 points.

She is currently demoralized by this act and we need to fight for her.

She is only 16 years old and does not deserve this trauma.

Source: https://westdelivery.com.ng/16-years-old-girl-denied-medicine-admission-to-abu-scoring-320-in-jamb/

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Foxman19: 5:34am On Dec 19, 2019
By age she is not even qualified.

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by macIB(m): 5:38am On Dec 19, 2019
Go to Unilag or OAU will give her admission.
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by helinues: 5:40am On Dec 19, 2019
It may be random denial after all she is not the only one denied.

Try other Uni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by ednut1(m): 5:43am On Dec 19, 2019
She must not study medicine to make in life . The admission process is corrupt is not new

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 19, 2019
She should ask her parents to sue the uni. Period
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 19, 2019
Age is not a problem

HER NAME IS

So tell us her name and tribe

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by BabaRamota1980: 5:54am On Dec 19, 2019
ezenwajosh:
Age is not a problem

HER NAME IS

So tell us her name and tribe

I agree.

With those scores and considering she wants Medicine, why is she even going to ABU? I would choose UI if I were in her position.

6 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Racoon(m): 5:55am On Dec 19, 2019
For fairness sake,ABU should give the young lady her rightful place on the list of prospective MBBS gunners of the university in the new academic session.
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by iyimide(m): 5:55am On Dec 19, 2019
Go tomorrow and meet Prof Buba or Prof Adaramaja in Dept of Health education.. and inform them.. they will carry d Mata for head and help her

3 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 19, 2019
Foxman19:
By age she is not even qualified.
Who told you I gained admission at the age Of 16 dummy (delsu)

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by udoka2013: 6:21am On Dec 19, 2019
Tell us her name and tribe, maybe, that might be the reason.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:09am On Dec 19, 2019
If she's a MUSLIM, the case would have been different........

3 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:47am On Dec 19, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
this one don affiliated the mata with religion now

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Parrzzeeval(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
Why must u bring religion into the matter

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Parrzzeeval(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2019
Nomannaz:
This girl scored 302 in her JAMB, 274 in Post UTME at the ABU Zaria. She has 6 A1s (including Maths and Biology also Physics and Chemistry) in her WAEC.

Source: https://westdelivery.com.ng/16-years-old-girl-denied-medicine-admission-to-abu-scoring-320-in-jamb/
If we are to look in the aspect of merit the girls is over qualify, but i'm sure they must have there reason for not offering her admission. By the way no institute will willingly let such kind of student go
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Kennytopp55(m): 8:28am On Dec 19, 2019
But why na?
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Generalwoodz(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2019
Parrzzeeval:
Why must u bring religion into the matter
Broz you don' t just know ABU.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Lekan111(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2019
Perhaps she is not qualify by name or several people also pass more than she does
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by MZrapper(f): 9:52am On Dec 19, 2019
Who dey go aboki school sef?? undecided

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by obiekunie2: 9:59am On Dec 19, 2019
she did not qualify due to tribe and religion.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by DAramis: 10:12am On Dec 19, 2019
Where is the evidence she got those scores? Anyway, the summary is above.

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by lebron7(m): 10:12am On Dec 19, 2019
It's not by tribe or religion rubbish, these schools divide everything to get a certain mark, she obviously did not get the school cut off

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by DAramis: 10:15am On Dec 19, 2019
iyimide:
Go tomorrow and meet Prof Buba or Prof Adaramaja in Dept of Health education.. and inform them.. they will carry d Mata for head and help her
Follow this advice, it might go a long way to help according to the iyimide.

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by lebron7(m): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2019
This year's admission is given by jamb not even the school, this is just rubbish

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by lebron7(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2019
Nobody is fighting for rubbish oh!!!
She did not pass!

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by meobizy(f): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2019

You and who? Guy, I’m here Netflixing and Chilling. Nothing concern me concern another man pikin. She should pick her second choice of a uni or get funding for a private one.
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by chuxy12(m): 11:41am On Dec 19, 2019
if d admission did year was handled by jamb and not d uni then she should reach out to them 4 reconsideration. it might have been an omission or something.
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by mujibson(m): 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
Nomannaz:

I know you can't think, let me just help you ..

Abu just like UI does not use O-level in calculating composite, what is required is just minimum of credit in all her relevant subjects.. So having A's is not an advantage here.

Who told you Abu pegged her MBBS cut off at 250? Where did you see that? How on earth does it sound okay to your stinking brain that school of Abu calibre will fix 250 as cut off for Medicine? Name any federal university that will admit candidates with 250 average for MBBS?

Her 302 jamb score and 274 putme score gives her an average of 288 ( good but not enough for medicine). Candidates with higher average would have been given on merit.

Do you even know UI MBBS minimum cutoff is 78.87( this is equivalent to 315.48). Do you know Unilag cut off is 328?. Are you aware UNN cutoff for Medicine is 326? Do you know that of OAU is in same range 315+?

Those scores are the least candidates can have in order to be considered for MBBS in those schools. Do you think Abu should be different? Would you have cried foul if the girl had chosen those schools and had that kind of average( 288)?

Look, like my friend will say, MBBS is no more for the brilliant ones it's for the genius. She should even be thankful she's given Human Anatomy. Some schools will not even consider her.

If you think 300+ is something so difficult to get like before, then you are still living in oblivion.

I'll like to let you know that I had 318 jamb score and 290 putme during my time. Applied and was given Civil engineering in this same Abu. I thought it was very high until we resumed. There are lot of dudes with higher average. Just civil engineering o, now how do you expect MBBS class to be? ......

In short, the girl tried but it's not enough for MBBS.

9 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by mujibson(m): 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

I agree.

With those scores and considering she wants Medicine, why is she even going to ABU? I would choose UI if I were in her position.
And you think those scores will get her MBBS in UI? Do you even know UI MBBS cut- off mark?... Well, the girl's average is 288 and the person with the least aggregate admitted to study Medicine in UI had 78.87average which is equivalent to 315.48 ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m A Computer Science Student, I Don’t Know What To Do / Jamb: Billionaire Gaius Chibueze To Sponsor Mmesoma Despite Forgery / Lautech Campus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.