Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,958 members, 7,799,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office (71641 Views)

Niger Soldiers Announce President Bazoum's Removal From Office (Photo) / Nancy Pelosi Gets 'Enough Testimony' To Remove Trump From Office / Snakes Chase President George Weah Away From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by rottennaija(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2019
Mahsums:
Effects of being supported by ipob grin

My dear, the way them carry Trump matter for head, its like they will claim ancestry to US.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 19, 2019
kokomilala:
@Damiriel,removed how? Impeachment doesn't translate into removal.It's the Senate that can remove him.Or,events can force him to resign.

I understand.. Its very clear he would be reinstated but the guy will apply caution henceforth.. He talks too lousy and he is too quick to act
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by chewwie(m): 7:09am On Dec 19, 2019
Martinez39:
I wonder why people are celebrating like he has been kicked out of office. This is due to ignorance and, for some, being brainwashed by CNN and MSNBC. grin

Nothing can shake the great white hope aka. Donald Trump. cool

#Trump2020
MSDNC* I was watching CNN this morning (GOtv doesn't have Fox News and my Startimes is expired), the joy in Chris "Fredo" Cuomo's face was so evident. Shameful!
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Martinez39(m): 7:09am On Dec 19, 2019
KBdownloads:

where did u get your information that he can't contest for re-election? where are you people getting your news?
CNN and MSNBC. They are gulping the koolaid of the Liberal leftist media. I pity those that take Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper seriously. grin

4 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Galaticos444: 7:09am On Dec 19, 2019
solmus:
cool

we know and the process is still ongoing

US runs a bicameral Legislature just like Nigeria, and scaling through impeachment with all the exposure made about him, scaling a 2020 re election might be difficult

dis impeachment saga is actually a victory for him and d republicans cos he will generate public sympathy from his supporters and more hatred 4d democrat jst like wot happened to d impeachment saga of Bill Clinton,many republicans lost their seat in d next election

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by zubino(m): 7:11am On Dec 19, 2019
I@ OP thanks for educating me this morning.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by chewwie(m): 7:11am On Dec 19, 2019
Bedwyr:

Ah no, The Orange Abomination is very very popular. And the fact is, the Republicans , while many of them don't like Trump are far more interested in maintaining party unity than acting out their desire to flush the Orangeoid One out of office.

And Pence is a very loyal party man. He may not love the Orangeoid One, but he is sensible enough to see that intra-party divisions can be very harmful long term.

Still, the aim of this impeachment isn't to remove Trump....it is to mark the Republicans with the mark of Cain. Nothing more, nothing less.
Okay. You don't like Trump, give me one good reason, just one.
Yes, Trump is very very popular among Americans because of his strong economy. Trump is very very popular among his party members because:
1. He helped most of them win elections by campaigning and doing rallies with them. And
2. He's the most successful President the GOP has produced since Abraham Lincoln in the 1800s

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by AnanseK(m): 7:12am On Dec 19, 2019
MrGidifeed:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2019/12/impeachment-does-not-mean-removal-from.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+NotesFromAtlanta+(Notes+from+Atlanta)&m=1

You said only two Presidents of the US ( Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) were ever impeached and even they, were not removed but acquitted by the Senate.

What about Richard Nixon in 1974? He was impeached and actually removed from office over the watergate scandal.
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 19, 2019
chewwie:

Okay. You don't like Trump, give me one good reason, just one.
Yes, Trump is very very popular among Americans because of his strong economy. Trump is very very popular among his party members because:
1. He helped most of them win elections by campaigning and doing rallies with them. And
2. He's the most successful President the GOP has produced since Abraham Lincoln in the 1800s

He's also a racist, and he is very shady

(And anyway, I'm not too fond of the democrats either. If I was an American, I would be voting Libertarian or Green Party).
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by chewwie(m): 7:13am On Dec 19, 2019
Martinez39:
CNN and MSNBC. They are gulping the koolaid of the Liberal leftist media. I pity those that take Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper seriously. grin
Don Lemonhead and Anderson Cooper are both fake news peddling cum guzzlers. Their ratings are down in the gutters, unlike their counterparts Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity over at Fox News.
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by rottennaija(m): 7:14am On Dec 19, 2019
2chukwu:
Just like one gworo chewing red teeth parasites will wake up one faithful morning and start spewing "Treason trisin, treasonable offence,hang him hang him hate speech hate speech" tufiakwa!!!! Whoever brought us together in 1914 will never rest in peace until we go back our separate ways....

@bolded
That's the effect of Jesus receiving crown in 1914. Don't ask me, ask the JWs
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 19, 2019
solmus:

it doesnt matter , some of republican congressmen are seriously rooting for a Pence as president and 2020 presidential candidate since trump remains less popular everyday
lol less popular? He has a 95% approval among republican voters. That’s even higher than Ronald Reagan often considered the greatest republican President.

Republican congressmen respond to what their base wants. Not a SINGLE republican voted with democrats to impeach. Even if they lose one idiot like Romney In the senate trial vote, that would be nowhere near enough to remove Trump.

In other words he is going nowhere and democrats just have to face him in next election. Which is what they are truly scared of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by chewwie(m): 7:15am On Dec 19, 2019
Bedwyr:

He's also a racist, and he is very shady

(And anyway, I'm not too fond of the democrats either. If I was an American, I would be voting Libertarian or Green Party).
Okay, please be specific. Give me one instance of racism from President Trump and I'll debunk it in a second. No Google searches.
There are only 2 parties in the USA, a presidential hopeful can run as an independent or 3rd party candidate if he can't run under the GOP or Democratic party
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by bromen: 7:16am On Dec 19, 2019
TRUMP may be vindicated by the senate
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Martinez39(m): 7:16am On Dec 19, 2019
chewwie:

MSDNC* I was watching CNN this morning (GOtv doesn't have Fox News and my Startimes is expired), the joy in Chris "Fredo" Cuomo's face was so evident. Shameful!
Even if Donald Trump discovers the cure to HIV and all fatal illnesses and finds a way to extend life, democrats will still hate him (funny enough, his cures would be declared racist). It's always "Orange man bad" for these liberal NPCs. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 19, 2019
AnanseK:

What about Richard Nixon in 1974? He was impeached and actually removed from office over the watergate scandal.
get your facts right. Google is free. Nixon was never impeached nor removed. He resigned before impeachment proceedings could even start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by NicemanJosh(m): 7:17am On Dec 19, 2019
LordAzubuike:
I'm sure many people actually thought it was removal from office. Nigerians are just too dull.
Nigerians ain't dull, its what has been in use, even before u were born.
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by kokomilala(m): 7:17am On Dec 19, 2019
Nigerians rush to conclude .Impeachment doesn't translate into removal from office, at least ,according to the US constitution.
The House of Reps impeachment or charge or bring accusations, just like in the Watergate scandal of President Nixon.Some of his party members didn't support him .So,he was forced to fall on his sword figuratively.
In Clinton's case,during the Monica Lewinsky saga,the Senate eventually acquitted him.
Now,take note, the House of Reps members act as prosecutors,while the Senate act as jurors. Here,in this Trump case,the allegations are not even valid.They said he withheld military aid to Ukraine and asked her to investigate Joe Biden another Presidential candidate, whose son is benefitting from some deal involving Ukraine. So,the Republicans are having none of it.In essence,they are acquitting Trump even before the case gets to them.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by chewwie(m): 7:17am On Dec 19, 2019
kokomilala:
Yes.So,it seems Nancy Pelosi is just wasting her breath and energies about the whole drama.First,they failed to get bi-partisan votes in the Dems dominated House of Reps. In fact,one Dem is crossing over .Second,in the Republican dominated Senate,no one will try to remove Trump. They are already pre-empting the outcome, saying they will throw out the whole thing.
Meanwhile,Trump is set to win the Presidential polls of 2020,riding on the success of a virile economy,with lowest unemployment rates in years.
The only bipartisan vote in the House was the vote against impeachment and they went on with it.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:18am On Dec 19, 2019
The lower congress impeached Trump because all the needed was a simple majority from a democrat dominated house but can't remove him. It is the senate that has the right to remove him and proceed to stop him from recontesting.
To remove him they need 2/3 majority vote from a republican dominated senate ( 53 republicans and 47 democrats).
To stop him from contesting they a need a simple majority. But the later can't happen without the former.
Trump is still the president untill the senate says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by mediafada(m): 7:18am On Dec 19, 2019
LordAzubuike:
I'm sure many people actually thought it was removal from office. Nigerians are just too dull.

Even you until you read this post
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Martinez39(m): 7:19am On Dec 19, 2019
chewwie:

Don Lemonhead and Anderson Cooper are both fake news peddling cum guzzlers. Their ratings are down in the gutters, unlike their counterparts Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity over at Fox News.
Tucker Carlson is a journalist and presenter that I respect more than any. He is ready to criticise both sides. All in all, Donald Trump is going nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 19, 2019
Palmerbarry:
What's the difference since he can't contest for the next election in coming months. I'll miss him so much. #king_of_twitter
lol who told you he can’t contest? Someone that was having re-election rally while the whole nonsense partisan impeachment sham was going on.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by deebrain(m): 7:20am On Dec 19, 2019
Thanks to the Op.
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by kokomilala(m): 7:20am On Dec 19, 2019
@Damiriel,but he was never removed for a start.He was just charged. How he talks has no currency in the scheme of things.
Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by blowjohn(m): 7:21am On Dec 19, 2019
emkz:
That the Republican party dominates the US Senate does not mean he won't be impeached.

Donald Trump has locked horns with almost everyone, including a sixteen year old climate activist. He doesn't take advise, he has destroyed many careers because he is very impulsive. Many capable hands have left his government. He is too volatile and his buffoonery is quite unique.

I am sure the old foxes like Senator Mitch McConnell would have been tired of him but won't publicly admit it, because Trump is now a political liability. This impeachment, whether ratified by the US Senate or not, would impact on the Republican party in the next elections. Many risk losing their seats if Trump is acquitted. I suspect some disenchanted Republicans may ask for a secret ballot so no one knows who voted for what. And in the not so unlikely event that that happens, the impeachment would be ratified.

Which bloody 16 year old climate activist?
That scam that should be in school!!
Have u watched videos and interviews of those children that democrats are using to pursue their climate ish?
Even I, am a better actor than those kids.
Just imagine the nonsense parents and politicians are doing, using children to get public sympathy.
So out of all the people in the world, its kids that know more about climate change?
Imagine one of them on CNN some days ago feigning crying and juxtaposing climate change with poverty and suffering while growing up.
It's like u don't know how popular Trump is. Ofcos the bastardy at CNN will always make us think otherwise..... From amanpour to fareeda and the gay gays Richard quest(who strangely enough looks like he respects Trump).
the day Trump leaves office may just be the beginning of the end of moral values in America.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by sunnyeinstein(m): 7:21am On Dec 19, 2019
Palmerbarry:
What's the difference since he can't contest for the next election in coming months. I'll miss him so much. #king_of_twitter

Who told you he can't contest? He is the number one pick for the Republicans. Some states have cancelled primaries already and adopted him for 2020.
Impeachment was just to slow him down, Senate will acquit him of all charges.
No quid pro quo
No obstruction of congress
Democrats decided not to approach the third arm of govt to get documents needed, that's gross abuse of power!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by chewwie(m): 7:23am On Dec 19, 2019
Martinez39:
Even if Donald Trump discovers the cure to HIV and all fatal illnesses and finds a way to extend life, democrats will still hate him (funny enough, his cures would be declared racist). It's always "Orange man bad" for these liberal NPCs. grin
They complained when Al Baghdadi was killed with him as commander in chief, but danced naked when Bin Laden was killed. He called Nervous Nancy, the Danish PM, AOC, and a host of other women nasty and CNN this expertly deduced that "nasty" is a misogynistic word.
He called Baltimore, Central America and Africa crime and rodent infested (which is true), CNN said he only uses the word "infested" on Blacks, so it's a racist word.
Someone needs to put a leash on these liberal media hacks. And thank God Devin Nunes is suing CNN.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by noblemind(m): 7:23am On Dec 19, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5577355/sharp-2006-toyota-sienna-8

Stop worrying and humiliating yourselves abt Donald Trump (the best president the world ever seen) go do something with your life lazy Naija youths. Go buy sienna maybe and start transportation company. shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 19, 2019
4w4eva:
Simply mean a president is strip off his immunity so as to face trial which only Senate can. A chief justice preside while the senators serve as juries.
he is not stripped of his immunity. So much miseducation and ignorance on this thread.

The impeachment trial is not an actual criminal trial.it is not even a legal process at all. It is a completely POLITICAL process to determine weather to remove the president.

Only if removed does he lose immunity and can be charged for whatever crime. The democrats did not even allege any actual crime here. Abuse of power and obstruction of congress are nonsensical political jargon that cannot be prosecuted in a court of law

They thought about alleging bribery for a minute, which would have been an actual crime, but even they realized they don’t have the evidence for that so they dropped it.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office by OfficialAPCNig: 7:24am On Dec 19, 2019
It was a massive failure for the dems and their Isis apologist. Their strategy was to secure a bipartisan impeachment which they failed at.

Before the impeachment, a national poll shows that 48% supported the impeachment while 48% were against and 4% don't care while a poll of the Republicans shows 90% against it.

Over 20 dems senators from republicans strongholds had already stated their intentions to work with Trump while 3 are preparing to decamp to secure their seats.

The V.P is the President of the Senate and will preside over the impeachment and the majority leader has stated without numbers that Republicans will not remove their commander in chief.

White House tweeted that they will be exonerated by the senate.

While the dems were busy holding their partisan impeachment, Trump was busy in a campaign rally with his MAGA army.

They weaponized the dems charade by stating the impeachment was because they couldn't stomach their defeat of 2016.

Removing Trump at the senate is near impossible

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Donald Trump Leaves The White House For Last Time As President / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.