Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery (62316 Views)

JAMB Score For Medicine, Is 248 Okay? / Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / JAMB 2023 Cut Off Mark for Medicine, Law, Engineering, Accounting etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Novinro: 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Slynation(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
Same thing happened to my sis.... 86/100 in aptitude test, yet they told her to add a Muslim name for her to secure admission.....

4 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Kyrx(m): 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
JBoss25:
Bloody useless school, it's very hard to gain admission to this school if you're a southerner

So right!
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OlujobaSamuel: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
adedayourt:
Maybe her waec no qualify her
Reading doesn't kill, trust me.

4 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Slynation(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
That's what u get when your name is not Zainab, Amina, Hadiza, Rukiyat etc....

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by shugaboy6102(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Fire will consume every corrupt entity everywhere in this country. God will fight for you girl

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by maasoap(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
ochejoseph:
Dear Prof Garba This Should Not Happen In ABU Zaria

To deny this girl this admission is to cement the the wrongly held notion that the ABU of today no longer values merit . Using religious quota under any guise is a sacrilage that no Nigerian Muslim or Christian should be subjected to.

Those charged with the responsibility of correcting this error should remember that the tenor of human positions no matter how highly exhalted will one day come to an end only Gods tenure is eternal.

Una go set Nigeria on fire one day by relating every incident to religion. Well done

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
Aliyu Ammani
A Little More Light
My attention was drawn, by a very good friend, to the story making the rounds, that a certain Goodness Thomas was denied admission by the ABU to read for the degree of MBBS despite scoring 302 in the last UTME.
I made some inquiries about the matter and wish to share my findings with you dear friends.
However, before I do so, let us understand a thing or two about University admission process.
The minimum requirements for University admissions is credit pass in at least 5 subjects including English and Mathematics. This being the minimum requirements does not suggest that a student with distinctions in 6 subjects including English and Mathematics must be admitted.
There are other requirements, and circumstances, that guide the admission process apart from meeting the minimum requirements eg the attainments and performances of other candidates.
Now let's take a look at the case of Goodness Thomas.
She scored 302 in the UTME exams, and 274 in the Post UTME. Thus having an average of 288 out of a maximum of 400 points.
The Ahmadu Bello University has as its catchment area the entire 19 States of Northern Nigeria, being an indigene of Kogi State she belongs to the fold.
However, in the last UTME, more than 20 Kogi State indigenes that applied to ABU for MBBS had scores of 320 or more.
So what do you suggest the University should do? Jump over all those other candidates that had higher scores from her State to give her admission? Admit her alongside all those that scored higher than her in the examination from the same state with her?
The University offered her admission for BSc Human Anatomy.
Remember there is a very low limit to the number of students that can be admitted for MBBS; it is the most competitive programme of study in Nigerian universities.
Which University can afford to give admission to all those that crossed the minimum requirements line?
The Ahmadu Bello University is, I stand to be corrected, the only truly national University in Nigeria today, going by the geographical spread of its staff and students. As our former Vice Chancellor, the late Professor Adamu Nayaya Muhammed of blessed memory was fond of saying "there is no local government area in Nigeria that is not represented in ABU”
This is just an attempt to throw a little more light on the issue. It is not in anyway 'speaking' for the University.
Aliyu Ammani
U/Shanu Kaduna
19/12/19

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Alexaonfleek: 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
She should have put in for a uni like UI if she wanted free and fair admission.

That being said,I think it's high time federal universities in the south stop considering ELDS to these people from the north.
Some people who are from zamfara or kastina that lived in Lagos all their lives will still be considered as ELDS simply because it's their father land. Besides most people in power are from the north,they can develop those northern states instead of giving them unfair privileges .
If they don't want to go to school,it's their problem.
They should stop making it harder for Southerners

5 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by xcelentattitude(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
delpee:
This is very unfair except if ABU has some other meaningful reason which I can't think of now. Perhaps she should do change of institution and try another university.

That's to avoid victimisation if she gets into ABU.

You made sense ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by NELLY1990: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
This is injustice ABU. Fear God o
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by mamaafrik(m): 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Nothing good comes out of that region called Northern Nigeria,if you have seen any tell me,they will desire Hospitality from southern for the Fulanis to rear goat and cow but will discriminate against a southerner in Allocating a southerner as the Minister of FCT,army recruitment,And University admission and e.t.c

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by backnbeta(f): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
One thing I hate about our federal unis down South! If ABU is doing it, why can't UI also admit only Yorubas for the best courses? Or why is FUTO also using merit? Let's admit only our own, biko

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by jakandeola(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
am happy dey Neva give her admission if dey give her dey will frustrate her and Neva let her get 1st class. she still young let her go to unilorin or oau next year.she will do well in life.wat a beautiful girl.

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by airminem(f): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
She deserve one of the top 4 universities in naija
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Madas1986(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
JBoss25:
Bloody useless school, it's very hard to get a course like medicine in this school if you're a southerner
Fools will the southern offer the Northern even Biology to studied in their universities let us not be bias for even a sec na

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by unmask: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Flier:
What you wrote sound like a joke but they are actually using it to admit freshmen,school fees and cut of mark of indigene is always lower than student from other states
it is called catchment area if I remember correctly and all federal schools did that back in the days, don't know of now

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by SmartMen: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2019
delpee:
This is very unfair except if ABU has some other meaningful reason which I can't think of now. Perhaps she should do change of institution and try another university.

it has always been their stock in trade. The first time i ever heard this nonsense was over 20 years ago when my elder sister cried that they cheated her.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by ProudBoy: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2019
Lol. Over 30 people from her state scored higher than her. ABU admission policy is based on states. They pick at least one person from each state in every department. And if you are not from the catchment area and supposedly there are people who scored higher from your state, you may be denied admission.

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by MrRemedy(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
I know someone who got 327 in Jamb and wasn't admitted to study medicine at Unilag.

WAEC has it's point same as Post Jamb, so it's not just about passing Jamb. No one knows if her Waec is filled with C6 undecided

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Blackking98(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
Because her name isn't Fatima, Amina or Aisha. Simple

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Culin(f): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by jakandeola(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2019
I wrote exam and failed a lot why most of my mate almost graduate. today most cant look at my eye cos.life mate diffrent from schl mate.am better Dan dem.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Madas1986(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2019
mamaafrik:
Nothing good comes out of that region called Northern Nigeria,if you have seen any tell me,they will desire Hospitality from southern for the Fulanis to rear goat and cow but will discriminate against a southerner in Allocating a southerner as the Minister of FCT,army recruitment,And University admission and e.t.c
What able your region will they offer we the Northern even the course for admission pls dont be Bias
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Alexaonfleek: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
Madas1986:

Fools will the southern offer the Northern even Biology to studied in their universities let us not be bias for even a sec na
They do
Through ELDS that they reduce cutoff for those almajiris in the north

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Topmaike007(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
delpee:

it's already late
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Leebeedo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
That's how I was treated when I went there for admission in the year 2002. The academic secretary (which was in charge of admissions) told me to my face that 'THIS SCHOOL IS NOT FOR SOUTHERERS' even though I had 13pts in IJMBE. I saw northerners with 3 points gaining admission into my department screeming allahu akhbar at the notice board. I was totally demoralized then.

They hardly admit Christians into faculties of medicine and surgery or Law.

B.B Mshetlila (academic secretary of ABU 2002), in case you, any of your children/grand children are reading this , I leave you to God.

10 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
I studied in Zaria. As at then 10 years ago, u could sense the path it was heading. Its highly religious now. If a Christian applying Zaria, u r wasting ur time. The are highly anti other religion.infact if u a Muslim with name resembling other religion, forget ur admission.
Except u are going for those courses, nobody wants.

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by arodavoo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
Where is this country even going to...the right people would always be denied. God would save us in this country oo

December is here, check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey, Malaysia USA and UK

And also importation of Hair from India, Cambodia and Vietnam
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Elsucre042: 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
How can she be given admission when the Govs, senators, Reps, special assistants, Emirs, LG Chairmen, counselors etc from that geo political zone candidate(s) that scored less than the cut off mark has not been squarely attended to... to make matter worst, didnt you hear her name?

I will never forget what i went through in OAU in 2005 when i was seeking direct entry.

How i wish we had the power of the present social media as it is now

Which way 9ja?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Teachers Sent To Prison For Shaving Pupil’s Hair / Neco 2010/2011 Result Out / David Onwualu Beaten By St.Valerian Catholic School Teacher, Died & Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.