Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery (62208 Views)

JAMB Score For Medicine, Is 248 Okay? / Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / JAMB 2023 Cut Off Mark for Medicine, Law, Engineering, Accounting etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Suremikky(m): 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
edoairways:

Are you OK? It seems you weren't brought up properly by your parent to understand decorum on social media. ABU is a competitive university yet the student applied there. To crown it all she choose competitive course. Go read about catchment area before coming to the internet post thrash.

Oga, the fact that she was given human anatomy instead of medicine rules out the issue of catchment area here..if ABU wasn’t her catchment area she wouldn’t be given admission at all, and besides nobody makes institution choices these days without considering catchment area...I have lived in kaduna all my life so there’s nothing u can tell me about ABU that I don’t already know..I know over 30 people who studied medicine from the same ABU with less than 210 jamb score just because they are northerners and I know over 50 people with over 260 jamb score who were denied admission because they were not indigene

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by samtoo(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
She should just go for change of institution, i believe they will victimize her even though she is been admitted to the institution ..
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by olaswim: 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
That's glorified sentiment academic institution na.... No be ABU wey I no
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by einsteine(m): 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
MrRemedy:
I know someone who got 327 in Jamb and wasn't admitted to study medicine at Unilag.

WAEC has it's point same as Post Jamb, so it's not just about passing Jamb. No one knows if her Waec is filled with C6 undecided

Did you read or you just jumped to comment?

She had 6 A1s.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by einsteine(m): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
There has been grade inflation in UTME though. 310 is not a very high score these days.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by gaskiyamagana: 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2019
aylipple:
Read most of the responses to this story & majority spoke from an emotional point of view - which is understandable - considering how religion and ethnic jingoism have taken centre stage in present day Nigeria.

However, anyone who is very familiar with the admission process in A.B.U (I speak now as one who was born, bred & educated within the vicinity of that citadel of learning, not as an "uninformed" commentator) will tell you straight up that while "catchment area" (a policy the President has directed should be abolished forthwith, don't know if the institution adhered to it) plays a great role in securing admission especially if you're from the "core" northern states, meritocracy is also a contributing factor.

It's on the basis of the latter that I suspect Miss Goodness didn't secure admission to study the course of her choice. Before you get me wrong, let me explain further; the young lady had very good UTME/Post-UTME scores as well as excellent grades in O'levels according to the author but for someone who comes from Kogi - which is a catchment area - trust me when I say her grades/scores probably paled in comparison to other candidates from the state who applied to study medicine.

Anyone who knows will tell you for free that candidates from Kogi State applying for admission into A.B.U are the most competitive & probably hold the largest number of applicants. In fact, due to the clamour to gain admission into A.B.U. many applicants from states in the Southwest (outside the "catchment area"wink now claim Kogi (similarly in names between Yoruba & Okun peoples) to help brighten their chances. And many of these "acquired" indigenes have very good scores/grades too, thereby, swelling the ranks of those seeking admission into A.B.U from the state. In contrast, other less "intelligent" candidates from the state, due to the stiff competition, have in turn acquired "certificate of indigene" from other "core" northern states (similarity in names as well especially when it's not a tribal one e.g the names Khadijat Yusuf or Abdullahi Mohammed can be borne by any northerner or Igala/Ebira/Okun Muslim without telling the difference their real states of origin) to help increase their chances of admission.

Finally, Miss Goodness may not have gotten admission to study Medicine & Surgery, she's perhaps fortunate because she could've been flung to "far away" Faculty of Sciences to study Biological Sciences or even Biochemistry or whatever they're called these days. It's a good thing she's still within the Faculty of Medicine (or is it now a college? Not sure anymore) & if she's still determined to study Medicine, the experience & additional knowledge she'll gain in her first year as a student of Human Anatomy would've prepared her to retake her UTME/POST-UTME & earn very high scores (higher than what she initially scored) that even if she hails from Mars, those in the admission's office will have no choice but to offer her the admission.

Story, story, stories.
When she is not from their catchment area why not disallow her from post UTME?
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Lexjully: 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2019
I am not even surprised. Her name is not Aisha or Amina so, how can that easily be?

Funny thing about all this is that since 1960, darkness has been bitter with the light but one thing is that the darker it becomes, the brighter the light shines.

Let us continue
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by EMDIEY: 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2019
ProudBoy:
Lol. Over 30 people from her state scored higher than her. ABU admission policy is based on states. They pick at least one person from each state in every department. And if you are not from the catchment area and supposedly there are people who scored higher from your state, you may be denied admission.
Thank you o, people dont even know what they are saying, this is MEDICINE o where the bests of the best meet. Y'all will be shocked that there is someone from her region with score higher than hers. No doubt the girl is good and deserves something good, but the score that looks unattainable to u people is a common occurrence in medicine. Except if ABU has changed, there is always room for merit, then another factor is catchment area, and all in all there is fairness. Her average score if post utme and jamb are added is 288 is a very good score but i bet u there are score on average of above 300 that apply for same course from her state, if not she would have gotten. Don't forget the slots are so limited that in some states u only have 1 candidate taken, ofcourse has to be the best.
I'm really sorry for her predicament, but don't be so hasty in passing justice without indepth knowledge of what happened. The VC wouldn't even flinch cos he know he would win if u people sue him.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by abusurv(m): 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
You are absolutely right,I remembered then when we are in school, people looking for admission go to the extends of getting local government birth certificate from kogi state just to get admission into ABU,it's so bad 20 years ago
aylipple:
Read most of the responses to this story & majority spoke from an emotional point of view - which is understandable - considering how religion and ethnic jingoism have taken centre stage in present day Nigeria.

However, anyone who is very familiar with the admission process in A.B.U (I speak now as one who was born, bred & educated within the vicinity of that citadel of learning, not as an "uninformed" commentator) will tell you straight up that while "catchment area" (a policy the President has directed should be abolished forthwith, don't know if the institution adhered to it) plays a great role in securing admission especially if you're from the "core" northern states, meritocracy is also a contributing factor.

It's on the basis of the latter that I suspect Miss Goodness didn't secure admission to study the course of her choice. Before you get me wrong, let me explain further; the young lady had very good UTME/Post-UTME scores as well as excellent grades in O'levels according to the author but for someone who comes from Kogi - which is a catchment area - trust me when I say her grades/scores probably paled in comparison to other candidates from the state who applied to study medicine.

Anyone who knows will tell you for free that candidates from Kogi State applying for admission into A.B.U are the most competitive & probably hold the largest number of applicants. In fact, due to the clamour to gain admission into A.B.U. many applicants from states in the Southwest (outside the "catchment area"wink now claim Kogi (similarly in names between Yoruba & Okun peoples) to help brighten their chances. And many of these "acquired" indigenes have very good scores/grades too, thereby, swelling the ranks of those seeking admission into A.B.U from the state. In contrast, other less "intelligent" candidates from the state, due to the stiff competition, have in turn acquired "certificate of indigene" from other "core" northern states (similarity in names as well especially when it's not a tribal one e.g the names Khadijat Yusuf or Abdullahi Mohammed can be borne by any northerner or Igala/Ebira/Okun Muslim without telling the difference their real states of origin) to help increase their chances of admission.

Finally, Miss Goodness may not have gotten admission to study Medicine & Surgery, she's perhaps fortunate because she could've been flung to "far away" Faculty of Sciences to study Biological Sciences or even Biochemistry or whatever they're called these days. It's a good thing she's still within the Faculty of Medicine (or is it now a college? Not sure anymore) & if she's still determined to study Medicine, the experience & additional knowledge she'll gain in her first year as a student of Human Anatomy would've prepared her to retake her UTME/POST-UTME & earn very high scores (higher than what she initially scored) that even if she hails from Mars, those in the admission's office will have no choice but to offer her the admission.

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
The same school will give admission to a Northern Muslim who scored 100 in same course. I don't like discussing this kind of issues.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Suremikky(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
[quote author=Yaronmama01 post=85053227]Let her park well, there are people that scored above 310 gahn nd they didn't give them admission. She no even happy say dem no give her admission, make dem throw her go computer education with her jamb score she go know wassup

There are people who scored 310 u said, u wat did u score wen u wrote jamb?..AWU
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by crazygod(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
I guess nobody is stating the obvious. She was probably denied because of her age. Some institutions have age limit for admission
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by arinzos(m): 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2019
crazygod:
I guess nobody is stating the obvious. She was probably denied because of her age. Some institutions have age limit for admission
She is 16.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by ridbell01(m): 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2019
Unilorin is guilty of this also
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Ejiod(m): 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
If you are supporting this dead country just know your brain is dead

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by AlphaStorm: 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
Lets hear from ABU first
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by crazygod(m): 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
arinzos:

She is 16.
Exactly. Perhaps the school feels she's too young.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by aylipple: 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
If you're ignorant of the fact that candidates that pick any University as "first choice" while filling their UTME forms are eligible to write Post-UTME of such varsities - whether they're from the "catchment areas" or not, it means my response is way above your level of understanding.

gaskiyamagana:

Story, story, stories.
When she is not from their catchment area why not disallow her from post UTME?
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by arinzos(m): 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
crazygod:

I think 16 is the Minimum age to Gain Admission.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by crazygod(m): 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2019
arinzos:

I think 16 is the Minimum age to Gain Admission.
It also depends on schools o. I know some schools abroad where minimum age to gain admission into their college is 18years.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by aylipple: 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2019
That's another factor some institutions take into consideration but knowing A.B.U if she was below the age limit, she wouldn't even be offered any admission at all, let alone, Human Anatomy.

crazygod:
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by alfredo1(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
She might just be a victim of quota system.
This is why quota system should be expunged with immediate effect. It's possible there are candidates with better jamb scores than her from her state. We all know that specific admission slots are allocated to each states.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Nobility25(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
ABU zaria should just be changed to Islamic university of Nigeria,a family friend of mine from the south score 299 and was denied pharmacy no even medcine,once ur name is not a Muslim name forget it.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Suremikky(m): 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
crazygod:

Lol Abeg no make me laf
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by aylipple: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
abusurv:
You are absolutely right,I remembered then when we are in school, people looking for admission go to the extends of getting local government birth certificate from kogi state just to get admission into ABU,it's so bad 20 years ago

Wow!! You say 20 years ago?? Didn't even realise the practice went as far back. E don tey wey people don dey scramble to enter A.B.U be dat.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by paix(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
Elzak:
keep turning a blind eye to the truth and keep believing dem say dem say. In my class, they are as much Christians as they are muslims
Thanks for the info. I dey wonder.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OVIHINNO(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
ComradeShegs:

Niger or Chad? grin I'm sure you're joking.
Honestly i have seen and heard too much shit in this country. You cannot have it worse elsewhere...
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by crazygod(m): 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
Suremikky:

Lol Abeg no make me laf
cheesy
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by edoairways: 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
Suremikky:

Oga, the fact that she was given human anatomy instead of medicine rules out the issue of catchment area here..if ABU wasn’t her catchment area she wouldn’t be given admission at all, and besides nobody makes institution choices these days without considering catchment area...I have lived in kaduna all my life so there’s nothing u can tell me about ABU that I don’t already know..I know over 30 people who studied medicine from the same ABU with less than 210 jamb score just because they are northerners and I know over 50 people with over 260 jamb score who were denied admission because they were not indigene

Ok. ABU and University of Ilorin which is worst off in giving admission?
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Lexjully: 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
It is only natural for darkness to be bitter with the light but the darker it becomes, the more the value if light is appreciated.

Keep up your "good work" North. Everyone is seeing. Posterity is seeing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Student Burns Down Her Hostel While Holding A Knife / See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class / See The Low Cut-off Mark For Medicine And Surgery For Various Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.