Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery (62298 Views)

JAMB Score For Medicine, Is 248 Okay? / Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / JAMB 2023 Cut Off Mark for Medicine, Law, Engineering, Accounting etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Slynation(m): 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
Fayos1:
Not something new..
Last year, jamb 293,
Post utme 317.
Was denied admission. Not even considered at all.
Broz which Course & which Uni?
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by starstaz(m): 11:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
I have read plenty comments on this subject with amusement and by extension gnashing teeth.

I will share my personal experience.

Life is a rollercoaster. A roller-coaster is a small railway at a fair that goes up and down steep slopes fast and.

Sometimes life can be dangerously unfair.

1) way back exactly 20yrs ago, I was among the lucky group that was admitted for Medicine with a JAMB score of 230. With a hindsight of morality I so much shudder in despair for a score as high as 302 not to be so worthy to claim a spot in a medical class. So pity. Mind u, we had no post jamb in our time and all u need is minimum of 6 credits in six subjects. To the extent that there was a common joke among medical students in thoses days that A1 in O' Level subject for entrance into medical skool is as useless as a p in psychology. because the admission officer rate both A 1 and C6 on equal footing. This references applies to Year 2000.

The unpalatable part is that, a big friend of mine, am so sure can be reading this; always T.O.T.C during our diploma days, scored same Jamb score like I did (230) but life was so unfair to him and was pushed to study something else apart from Medicine he applied for. Ups and downs of life sometimes.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by starstaz(m): 11:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
starstaz:
I have read plenty comments on this subject with amusement and by extension gnashing teeth.

I will share my personal experience.

Life is a rollercoaster. A roller-coaster is a small railway at a fair that goes up and down steep slopes fast and.

Sometimes life can be dangerously unfair.

1) way back exactly 20yrs ago, I was among the lucky group that was admitted for Medicine with a JAMB score of 230. With a hindsight of morality I so much shudder in despair for a score as high as 302 not to be so worthy to claim a spot in a medical class. So pity. Mind u, we had no post jamb in our time and all u need is minimum of 6 credits in six subjects. To the extent that there was a common joke among medical students in thoses days that A1 in O' Level subject for entrance into medical skool is as useless as a p in psychology. because the admission officer rate both A 1 and C6 on equal footing. This references applies to Year 2000.

2) On a moral grounds this particular lady deserve a spot. No more no less. Whether catchment, regional, quota system or archaic system. she deserves an opportunity.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
ComradeShegs:

Please if u have nothing to type, then just read comments and pass. If it's difficult for u to cram, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be difficult for others too. Go and complete with an Arabic Studies student in cramming and see if he doesn't defeat u hands down.. People wey dem Don dey flog with cane right frm childhood on how to recite the Quaran.
just shut up there u hear... u guys can type rubbish for nothing...

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Coolgent(m): 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2019
Must she study in ABU?

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by lordprogress: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2019
Lol this country I knew how many jamb I wrote before I was able to succeed in getting my course of study I will say don't give up dear keep the good work you will get there.
Some years back I can't remember but the year post utme was scrapped and we didn't write putme I scored 287 in jamb applied for med in one of the university in the south-south but waited for all the list but nothing when people with 209 was given the med it was a year to forget.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by starstaz(m): 11:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
starstaz:

2) On a moral grounds this particular lady deserve a spot. No more no less. Whether catchment, regional, quota system or archaic system. she deserve an opportunity.

3) Finally, here comes my experience part.
Medical school however do not judge by your pedigree I.e how many A's u made or how great was ur commanding jambs score result are.

Have witnessed people coming into medical skool with ridiculous jamb score, below cut of mark and coming out tops at the end of their 6 years program. So also the chest beater who made d best grades at O level , finding it heard to compete, some struggle throughout, some fell through along d tortuous journey while some even do not move beyond the first year of their celebrated landmark scores. It is a rollercoaster events. The points am striking out is Med skool is a different ball game.

On this matter of this young lady, I am wounded in my tenderest susceptibilities.

I would have wish this particular candidate was given one , just one life time opportunity to test what steel of minds she is made of. ABU, pls give this girl one opportunity to test the water.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by sweetonugbu: 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

You are too stupid to reason like human. Am a Dr at ABUTH tell the girl to approach the admission office on Monday and I promise to help her if this info is genuine.
you lack home training,your parents did a shoddy job in raising you.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by jakandeola(m): 11:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
explosiveskull:

Oga no dey give yourself consolatory hopes say you be dullard, some people still pass exams and you no fit look them for eye.
Just enjoy the small privilege life issued you and stop gloating.
animal
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by ComradeShegs(m): 12:03am On Dec 20, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
just shut up there u hear... u guys can type rubbish for nothing...

Jerk grin

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by ForbesHomesNG(m): 12:04am On Dec 20, 2019
ComradeShegs:

You want to compare the Yorubas and Hausas in spoken English?. Don't be a jerk. And mind you, I never said the Quota system wasn't applied in the south too, I personally feel it shouldn't serve as a criteria for admitting students into the University. So next time, read thoroughly before quoting.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OwoukoUrua(m): 12:07am On Dec 20, 2019
MaNyEsq:
I am totally confused and not sure how to opine here. Excuse my naivete but I need a clarification: I did not know that In Nigeria, Human Anatomy is a separate and distinct major (course of study) from Medicine. While I was in Grad School, I took alot of the classes that are required for first and second year Medical students (Gross Anatomy, Microbilogy, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, Histology, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Genetics, Oncology, etc) and had them paid for by the school since I was a TA (Teaching Assistant) and on stipend because I had intended to go to Medical School. But I changed my mind afterall (due to the length of time required including residency) and went to Law School instead after grad school. I said all these simply because the author of the article stated that the litte girl who scored 302 in Jamb was denied her choice of study, which was Medicine but instead offered Human Anatomy. Here in the US, Anatomy is one of the classes that Med students have to take along with the Lab. So, I am really confused and would like someone to enlighten me here with the system in Nigeria. Thanks!

In Nigeria;
*Biochemistry,Physiology and Anatomy are available as independent courses of study.They usually constitute a faculty called "Basic Medical Sciences" under the Medical College.

*Nevertheless,medical students still study all the aforementioned courses.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by James4424: 12:08am On Dec 20, 2019
abeg . they are probably envious of her. apart from the fact she is not core north .

this school ABU is where you will see lecturers happy to fail their students out of envy and low self esteem.

i am in ABU accounting department . you can not tell me trash

most notorious department with alot of scheming .
you will write simple exam swearing that you will get an A but you will see C in results board .
or
they will give you something you were not taught in school as exam question . just to fail you and MODERATE the results .

very selfish .
this kills morale like mad.
they mess with your reality .

i have never seen a situation where teachers are happy to see theirr students fail.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 20, 2019
OwoukoUrua:

In Nigeria;
*Biochemistry,Physiology and Anatomy are available as independent courses of study.They usually constitute a faculty called "Basic Medical Sciences" under the Medical College.

*Nevertheless,medical students still study all the aforementioned courses.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 20, 2019
ABU does not like brilliant students like her...they want only Malians into their institution

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by starstaz(m): 12:17am On Dec 20, 2019
James4424:
abeg . they are probably envious of her. apart from the fact she is not core north .

this school ABU is where you will see lecturers happy to fail their students out of envy and low self esteem.

i am in ABU accounting department . you can not tell me trash

most notorious department with alot of scheming .
you will write simple exam swearing that you will get an A but you will see C in results board .
or
they will give you something you were not taught in school as exam question . just to fail you and MODERATE the results .

very selfish .
this kills morale like mad.
they mess with your reality .

i have never seen a situation where teachers are happy to see theirr students fail.

Most of Nigeria public universities share this common attribute of " moral killer " and this in no way is the exclusive right of ABU in this regards. Haaaaaaaaaa. From unilag to lasu to oau to unn, the list goes on and on. Am not so sure of private uni in this regards.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by illiteratepmb: 12:39am On Dec 20, 2019
Aremson14:

Baba calm down I have a couple of friends who scored more than that and met up with all requirements but were still denied at that same university. They were from the north lalso
Show us evidence
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by James4424: 12:43am On Dec 20, 2019
starstaz:

Most of Nigeria public universities share this common attribute of " moral killer " and this in no way is the exclusive right of ABU in this regards. Haaaaaaaaaa. From unilag to lasu to oau to unn, the list goes on and on. Am not so sure of private uni in this regards.

well. allow me to disagree .
simply because here in ABU its not all department that are involved in that evil morale killer act.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by ForbesHomesNG(m): 12:55am On Dec 20, 2019
MaNyEsq:

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 20, 2019
starstaz:

To mr manyesq.

I ll do it briefly. Nigerian educational system as regards applied medicine and its application is quite unique and do not share in western ideals.

1) Just like monocultural economic model we practice here in Nigeria, as we depend only and only on oil rent as d only source of Govt funds. so also it applies to Nigeria style of medical education. Medicine is medicine when it comes to job hunting in Nigeria. if u study other relevant and allied course like anatomy, physiology etc. You are basically on your own. We don't have value chain for this courses.

2) And if you are tricked to study them as undergraduate with the hope of using it as a pedestal to gain Direct entry to study medicine in Nigeria ( courses like anatomy physiology etc) Ur chances of getting admission is 0.0001 to 0.001%. It is as bad as a Shit.

Thanks as well for your input.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by stormborn28(m): 2:20am On Dec 20, 2019
Yaronmama01:
Let her park well, there are people that scored above 310 gahn nd they didn't give them admission. She no even happy say dem no give her admission, make dem throw her go computer education with her jamb score she go know wassup
rubbish
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by EMDIEY: 2:45am On Dec 20, 2019
ComradeShegs:

You want to compare the Yorubas and Hausas in spoken English?. Don't be a jerk. And mind you, I never said the Quota system wasn't applied in the south too, I personally feel it shouldn't serve as a criteria for admitting students into the University. So next time, read thoroughly before quoting.
You are the silly jack here bringing ethnicity into trivial things like spoken English. What department did u finish from that u know all the hausas can't speak English like the yorubas?
Boy sit your ass down several miles away. I finished from ABU b4 u ever thought of getting to university and had the opportunity to interact with the best intellects from students to lecturers, and have traveled round the north and south yl u sit in ur cocoon thinking which tribe is superior in English.
While you were making your point about quota system, of which is the reason u got admission in d 1st place, u can do that without being condescending on any tribe.
I grew up, did my Primary and secondary education in the south west and i can tell u that u get bad english everywhere irrespective of tribe. It's a common thought over there tha a 'mola' or 'abokis' (a derogatory name) can't be better intelligent wise.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Madas1986(m): 2:59am On Dec 20, 2019
mamaafrik:
if how many Northerner you see for South here with intelligence and passion for education,i no get ur time too
Neither do i have a time for fools like you myopic brain
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Madas1986(m): 3:01am On Dec 20, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
They do
Through ELDS that they reduce cutoff for those almajiris in the north
you see as fool as u are you can' t answer a simple question ok i will answer for u, we the almajiri dont want to give the ashawos admission again
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Madas1986(m): 3:18am On Dec 20, 2019
brexit:
Where is ASUU president, he will be promoting university autonomy full of corrupt academics , let him intervene to see that justice is granted to a poor girl, on the other hand the girl should forget ABU, nobody recognises the school in the comity of universities
Are u updated let me ask u when last did u buy Data sef
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Madas1986(m): 3:20am On Dec 20, 2019
shaw2:
This young asset doesn't deserve Nigeria treatment.
What if I decide to sponsor her study in Ukraine?
Will the parents approve when she is just 16.
I'm willing to sponsor this young fellow throughout her medical school.
What a brilliant girl.
pls i need sponsorship too Sir
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Madas1986(m): 3:28am On Dec 20, 2019
Nadio2019:

Arewa Northern Nigeria has wrecked the rest of Nigeria due to the type of Islam in northern Nigeria.
what About CAN haven't they open ur brain to mediocritic
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 4:02am On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
sweetonugbu:
Northern Nigeria thrives on mediocrity, see the kind of president they gave us, someone who never address Nigerians or Nigerian press directly what we are always hearing is this.
The president was ATTRIBUTED saying that no no haram has been defeated
As narrated by Garba shehu he said Mr president when he was about going to his private quarters made this statement
As was narrated by Lai Muhammad the president said that the boko haram sect has been technically defeated he was in London when he made the statement
As was narrated by Demi Adeshina the president was sitting down and was watching the super eagles match when he said that and I quote" insha Allah boko wil
l be defeated
As narrated by Lorita onochie, it was when members of ohaneze came to see him with some Palm wine in daura that he said boko harms was collaborating with IPOB to destabilize the country but they are on their way to be defeated, he was on his palour
And this statement was made same day, our president is a DEITY
[/s]
Shutup!
Go to UNN, things are worse there...
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by FreeSoworeNow: 4:38am On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:
[s][/s]
Shutup!
[/s]
trash
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by FreeSoworeNow: 4:38am On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:

Shutup!
[/s]
trash
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by mamaafrik(m): 5:40am On Dec 20, 2019
Madas1986:
Neither do i have a time for fools like you myopic brain
check the private sector organized competitions,where there is no nepotism or Nigerians doing well abroad where all are put through real Flame of Refining and there is no mediocrity and give me a sound statistics of Hausa_fulani ratio compared to those of the other tribes.
You know the truth, keep fooling yourselves,your conscience will imprison you.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by selemempe: 5:43am On Dec 20, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Anyone and everyone should be saddened whenever merit is sacrificed on the altar of ethnicity.

Let us however not pretend this trend is isolated to this institution.

We can all do better.

motor......v booth.... story. You and I know that it's worst in the north.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Teachers Sent To Prison For Shaving Pupil’s Hair / Neco 2010/2011 Result Out / David Onwualu Beaten By St.Valerian Catholic School Teacher, Died & Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.