Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 (59385 Views)

Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine / Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by nicedayontop: 11:48am On Dec 20, 2019
What you failed to realise is that there are many indigenes of Niger state studying in better schools in various states of the federation. Grow up in your thinking and not become myopic.In my school here in Abuja, I can count six girls who scored more than 320 in jamb and they are from Niger state.The north is not as backward in education as many southeners think.
prodigyevans:
Who will believe that in a state as NIGER, that we have over 7 persons that scored over 320?
This is just a silly way of exonerating themselves from outright nepotism!!!
Hiw many candidates can score over 320 in jamb nationwide let alone, NIGER state where we are believed to have over 7persons score over 320

1 Like

Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 20, 2019
nengibo:

They kill only those Muslims who speak out against their rule and clerics who condemn the Koranic belief's, saying they've killed more Muslims without stats is baseless

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/21/sri-lanka-attacks-christians-worldwide-persecution-silence
I Never said they don't kill christains, you find them mainly in islamic states, where they bombs mosques and kills Muslims, they don't care if the person is a Muslim or christain, they just kill, the journalist they executed are all muslims.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by manlawal(m): 11:50am On Dec 20, 2019
jumper524:
hmm..
Bros how many lectures from plateau state do you know?
Na kogi men dominate unibuja and the obvious fact on admission is based on the state of the sitting VC.
We know the number of yorubas that dominated during the time of Adelabu same thing with idomas during adikwu.
In terms of quota and merit unibuja is poor but rich in connection..
i know 3 lecturers which are from plateau when i was there ,
nuhu yaqub era was also dominated with igalas , when adelabu came he also use admit people from his local government and when adikwu was there he will d his own even prof nwabueze tried for igbo when he was acting vc before adelabu , that doesnt all local government doesnt have representative
except you are the type that dont attend state association meetings and cultural day , i attend all states and tribes that did cultural day during my time and they have at least 2 lecturers from that state.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by traihit: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2019
jumper524:
are you in anyway undermining the quota system?
If so then you need to learn how to fix yourself in the shoes of others.
Remember merit was given 45% according to the O.p it wasn't neglected.
The quota system gives room for all to be involved so as to improve the academic awareness across the country.
A system in which if it we're adopted much earlier would have helped the country.

Careful how you ascertain cos even in democracy, check and balance is required.

Except you don't support the presidential Zoning system then you shouldnt support the quota system..

The first line where you asked a question is exactly what I'm speaking against. It's becoming cancerous to our system. Not long ago, results of Unity Schools were released and it's even more saddening. In some parts of the South, the zeal of learners to be more diligent is already dying out. How do we create a system where diligence is applauded and balance is allowed cos the system we're running is only focused on regionalism and ethnicity while diligence is in the thrash?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2019
MasterKernel:

Sometimes it’s better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you’re stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Did you say, Oil is all we've got to show for? Wow! I challenge you to list infrastructures that were built from Groundnut Pyramid and Coco Plantations we still have till date.

Need I remind you infrastructures that we're built over 200 years in various states of the world.

Lagos wouldn't be different from Ibadan without infrastructures from proceed of crude oil sells.
Bridges
Train Stations
Roads
Stadiums
Military installations
Airports
Sea Ports
Various Federal ministries.
You mean, you oil developed Lagos, you must be sleeping. As if Lagos is the only state oil revenue is spent on. When Nigeria relied on Agricultural produce of the North and South West, 1 Naira was 0.9 dollar, as time goes one when we start relying on the crude oil, Naira start to diminish in value. Nigeria wasn't better for the last 50 years. Then Nigeria had money on it's own, we even supply other countries with electricity, we don't collected loans, our revenue was bulky, but now we collect loan alot, we have nothing on our own and there is no plan to pay back.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Akandehmd(m): 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
[quote author=MoIbrahim post=85057661]Honestly *the person who wrote this piece “Injustice to one is injustice to all” is completely ignorant of the process of admission in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria,*

For those of us that wrote Jamb 3 times passed all and failed to secure admission whom also are from the catchment area of the University felt the same way but later got to understand the process & how it works!

There are some unique facts about ABU that we must appreciate which includes among so many others; ABU is the most cosmopolitan University in the whole of Africa not even Nigeria �� it’s no news that ABU Zr has students from each and every of the 774 local governments in �� which makes it a mini ��.

When it comes to teaching staff, ABU is the only record holder of having atleast 1 senior staff from each and every of the 36 states in Nigeria and it has remained so till date. So in essence not even the University of Abuja that is in the heart of Nigeria can boast of having students from all the 774 local governments or a staff from each of the 36 states in the Country. Then we should be proud of ABU Zr.

I can personally attest to the fact that in each and every Departmental admission guideline clearly spells out three criteria’s and is religiously adhered to which includes: 1. Merrit list 45% of the total students admitted to the dept (Atleast 2 to 3 students with the highest score from each state). 2. Catchment area list 35% (like any other university in Nigeria ABU considers students from its selected States as it catchment area). & 3. Less Educationally developed states list 20% (in other to give candidates in some selected states that are not as educationally developed as the others a chance to be in ABU as they are at a disadvantage and cannot stand their colleagues from the opposite side) which makes 100% for each department and in doing this no state is left out. Please tell me which other University in Nigeria can say same of their institution? I’ll tell U the answer for free “NONE”.

As regards the case of one *Goodness Thomas, she would have made it for the MBBS Merit list from her state but unfortunately she was number 7 on the list in terms of jamb score from Niger state* and only the first two were picked as it is in d case with all other 36 states and the FCT, she also wouldn’t have made it for the 2nd & 3rd criteria for admission as the number from the Medical and Dental Board limits ABU MBBS to only 120students per session so please do the maths how would U have admitted Goodness into MBBS and justify it even if U are on the admissions committee?

It is also important that I call the attention of the writer of this mischievous piece, that Goodness Thomas was quick to change her 1st choice to ‘Anatomy’ from MBBS seeing she didn’t make the 1st list and she was admitted in the 2nd list of admission which she accepted gladly and quickly, so why are people been mischievous and sharing very wrong information on social media?

I have seen the list of about 25 candidates this year alone from Kwara, Benue and Kogi states who scored above 300 and didn’t make the list for MBBS but unfortunately their representatives don’t have social media handles to speak out on their behalf.

This year alone ABU received more than 40,000 qualified candidates which is the largest number of applicants for any university in Nigeria and Jamb gave ABU the clearance to take in 11,000 candidates which is also the highest number any university is taking in this year, so who will speak for the over 29,000 qualified candidates? Even ASUU is crying that accademic staff are over stretched due to the number of lecturer to student at the moment.

As it stands, ABU is among the 1st generation of universities in Nigeria and there has been plans from the management under the leadership of Prof. Ibrahim Garba with support from the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) and the Ministry of Education for ABU Zr to Migrate into a fully pledged Post-Graduate University and that can only happen if the number of undergraduates intake is cut by more than half the number its currently taking in.

So please let’s call all mischief makers to order and if anyone has any issue on admission of a candidate to write to the University rather than embarking on campaign of calmuny on social media to dent the reputation of a University we all hold
Comrade Rafindadi, point of correction University of Ilorin have the highest number of Jamb candidate
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by jumper524(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
traihit:

The first line where you asked a question is exactly what I'm speaking against. It's becoming cancerous to our system. Not long ago, results of Unity Schools were released and it's even more saddening. In some parts of the South, the zeal of learners to be more diligent is already dying out. How do we create a system where diligence is applauded and balance is allowed cos the system we're running is only focused on regionalism and ethnicity while diligence is in the thrash?
every system has its good and bad and the bad part of the quota system is this news.
But if you can put yourself in both shoes ( merit and quota) and ascertain the good and bad in long and short run maybe you'll agree with ABU zaria that manage to give room for both.
Merit: 45%
Quota: 55%
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Guest14(m): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
And she's dumb that only MBBS she can study. Mtsew
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by MasterKernel: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
Snowale:
You mean, you oil developed Lagos, you must be sleeping. As if Lagos is the only state oil revenue is spent on. When Nigeria relied on Agricultural produce of the North and South West, 1 Naira was 0.9 dollar, as time goes one when we start relying on the crude oil, Naira start to diminish in value. Nigeria wasn't better for the last 50 years. Then Nigeria had money on it's own, we even supply other countries with electricity, we don't collected loans, our revenue was bulky, but now we collect loan alot, we have nothing on our own and there is no plan to pay back.

Oga... Kindly mention 3 key infrastructures that were built with Coco Money, and still standing till today. I will mention every key infrastructure built with oil money in Lagos.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by DECLAN2015(m): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
traihit:
That's a very silly excuse, so silly not only because cut-off mark for university is 180, the candidate had over 300 even though ABU would still admits students scoring less than 200 for the same exam. How then do we battle exam malpractices when individuals like the said candidate will diligently prepare for an exam, come out in flying colours and still be denied admission? Meanwhile, some on the alter of unprogressive and outdated sentiments be given the same admission. For how long is Nigeria going to drag herself underdevelopment?

Our environment is very toxic to success
U denied someone with high score admission ,
Only to give the same admission to less qualify in the name of quota system.We are still far.no country developed like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by izubext007: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
Thanks 4 The Orientation, She Would Av Been A Bad Doctor.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by DECLAN2015(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
IAmStrange:

Look at another insincere approach!

It's either you are insincere or you are ignorant of the whole thing

First of all, I'm not supporting what the school did. my message was directed to those who attributed what they did to Islam in the previous post that went on front page.

If you didn't see that post, go and check front page.

So my message is directed to those that attacked Islam because of it.

And secondly, the school has already explained the reason why they did what they did. did you not read the post?

So what is your claim of "assassination of hsrdwork,
diligence and meritocracy" based on and why would you go to the extent of calling me "not qualified to complain about bla bla bla"?

again, it's either you are sincere and just wanted to attack me like the rest of your people or you are ignorant of the whole thing.

By the way, Imes is coming grin

So u are now the ultimate defender of islam.continue.
Y are muslim to insecure alwayz want to protect,fight for religion and god.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by abujaafar18: 12:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
darfay:

Please @ the bolded, did he also say anything on Boko Haram, ISIS, ISWap, Al Qaeda,because those niggas are kinda the real shit, when it comes to threat to world peace

Salaam/shalom
perhaps he should have also said something about Uganda's Lord Resistance Army, a Christian terrorist group that has killed, maimed and raped thousands of innocent Ugandans.
Do you think terrorism is a monopoly of Muslims and Islam?
You mischief maker!
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by abujaafar18: 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
DECLAN2015:

So u are now the ultimate defender of islam.continue.
Y are muslim to insecure alwayz want to protect,fight for religion and god.
Just as the Roman Catholics LRA are fighting for their God in Uganda.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by ojasopeatlast(m): 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
Let us debunk all this now Goodness Thomas has gotten admission to Anatomy department of the grate ABU, except if she can deny that as at now she don't have admission. I was among the people who is doing the media protest for her and was sent to the appropriate quota. Let read the the analysis below and stop the destructive criticism.

From the wall of Prof Muhammad Kabir Isa
This explanation is satisfactory and should be read by all naysayers.

"A Colleague's response on the Article above

Honestly the person who wrote this piece “Injustice to one is injustice to all” is completely ignorant of the process of admission in Ahmadu BELLO University Zaria, for those of us that wrote Jamb 3times passed all and failed to secure admission whom also are from the catchment area of the University felt the same way but later got to understand the process & how it works!

There are some unique facts about ABU that we must appreciate which includes among so many others; ABU is the most cosmopolitan University in the whole of Africa not even Nigeria �� it’s no news that ABU Zr has students from each and every of the 774 local governments in �� which makes it a mini ��.

When it comes to teaching staff, ABU is the only record holder of having atleast 1 senior staff from each and every of the 36 states in Nigeria and it has remained so till date. So in essence not even the University of Abuja that is in the heart of Nigeria can boast of having students from all the 774 local governments or a staff from each of the 36 states in the Country. Then we should be proud of ABU Zr.

I can personally attest to the fact that in each and every Departmental admission guideline clearly spells out three criteria’s and is religiously adhered to which includes: 1. Merrit list 45% of the total students admitted to the dept (Atleast 2 to 3 students with the highest score from each state). 2. Catchment area list 35% (like any other university in Nigeria ABU considers students from its selected States as it catchment area). & 3. Less Educationally developed states list 20% (in other to give candidates in some selected states that are not as educationally developed as the others a chance to be in ABU as they are at a disadvantage and cannot stand their colleagues from the opposite side) which makes 100% for each department and in doing this no state is left out. Please tell me which other University in Nigeria can say same of their institution? I’ll tell U the answer for free “NONE”.

As regards the case of one Goodness Thomas, she would have made it for the MBBS Merit list from her state but unfortunately she was number 7 on the list interms of jamb score from Niger state and only the first two were picked as it is in d case with all other 36 states and the FCT, she also wouldn’t have made it for the 2nd & 3rd criteria for admission as the number from the Medical and Dental Board limits ABU MBBS to only 120students per session so please do the maths how would U have admitted Goodness into MBBS and justify it even if U are on the admissions committee?

It is also important that I call the attention of the writer of this mischievous piece, that Goodness Thomas was quick to change her 1st choice to ‘Anatomy’ from MBBS seeing she didn’t make the 1st list and she was admitted in the 2nd list of admission which she accepted gladly and quickly, so why are people been mischievous and sharing very wrong information on social media?

I have seen the list of about 25 candidates this year alone from Kwara, Benue and Kogi states who scored above 300 and didn’t make the list for MBBS but unfortunately their representatives don’t have social media handles to speak out on their behalf.

This year alone ABU received more than 40,000 qualified candidates which is the largest number of applicants for any university in Nigeria and Jamb gave ABU the clearance to take in 11,000 candidates which is also the highest number any university is taking in this year, so who will speak for the over 29,000 qualified candidates? Even ASUU is crying that accademic staff are over stretched due to the number of lecturer to student at the moment.

As it stands, ABU is among the 1st generation of universities in Nigeria and there has been plans from the management under the leadership of Prof. Ibrahim Garba with support from the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) and the Ministry of Education for ABU Zr to Migrate into a fully pledged Post-Graduate University and that can only happen if the number of undergraduates intake is cut by more than half the number its currently taking in.

So please let’s call all mischief makers to order and if anyone has any issue on admission of a candidate to write to the University rather than embarking on campaign of calmuny on social media to dent the reputation of a University we all hold Dear.

Abubakar A Rafindadi
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Semaj77(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Honestly *the person who wrote this piece “Injustice to one is injustice to all” is completely ignorant of the process of admission in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria,*

For those of us that wrote Jamb 3 times passed all and failed to secure admission whom also are from the catchment area of the University felt the same way but later got to understand the process & how it works!

As regards the case of one *Goodness Thomas, she would have made it for the MBBS Merit list from her state but unfortunately she was number 7 on the list in terms of jamb score from Niger state* and only the first two were picked as it is in d case with all other 36 states and the FCT, she also wouldn’t have made it for the 2nd & 3rd criteria for admission as the number from the Medical and Dental Board limits ABU MBBS to only 120students per session so please do the maths how would U have admitted Goodness into MBBS and justify it even if U are on the admissions committee?

So please let’s call all mischief makers to order and if anyone has any issue on admission of a candidate to write to the University rather than embarking on campaign of calmuny on social media to dent the reputation of a University we all hold Dear.

Abubakar A Rafindadi.

How do you want the country to develop with this quota nonsense , what you're essentially saying is someone from another state or local government who has a much lower score but fewer candidates will get admitted Where is the sense in that ? If all best 120 candidates come from a single local government then please they should be admitted
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2019
MasterKernel:

Oga... Kindly mention 3 key infrastructures that were built with Coco Money, and still standing till today. I will mention every key infrastructure built with oil money in Lagos.

oil only contributes about 9% to the GDP. Nigeria produces only about 2.7% of the world's oil supply (in comparison, Saudi Arabia produces 12.9%, Russia produces 12.7% and the United States produces 8.6%).[30] Although the petroleum sector is important, as government revenues still heavily rely on this sector, it remains a small part of the country's overall economy...... That's google.

In 2012, the GDP was composed of the following sectors: agriculture: 40%; services: 30%; manufacturing: 15%; oil: 14%.[39] By 2015, the GDP was composed of the following sectors: agriculture: 18%; services: 55%; manufacturing: 16%; oil: 8%

As of 2010, about 30% of Nigerians are employed in agriculture.[127] Agriculture used to be the principal foreign exchange earner of Nigeria.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Alexaonfleek: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bedwyr:
Matters arising

1.I beleive the OP's post, and I beleive he is telling the truth.

2.The truth is, there are a lot of people struggling to enter public universites...because they are cheap and because they are cheap.

3.ABU Medical school is oversubscribed....from time inmemmorial. (Infact, unless your parents worked for ABU , your chances of getting into ABU are low.).

4.Actually, ABU has been taking in more northern students of recent....tribalist, yes, but then again, the North has an acute doctor shortage relative to the South. So, understandable (even if I don't agree).

5.Niger state has a lot of academically brilliant students. (I have studied alongisde Nigerlites...and many of them do well at JAMB, and university. Just because it is a Northern state...besides the immediate past Etsu Nupe was a BIG TIME education promoter...Western Education. Anytime the guy was in the news, it was mostly promoting education.)

6. I won't be surprised if the number of Niger students was high...too high. See, ABU has a lot of criteria...and they can't take in everyone.

7. The real issue is that far too many Southerners

a) Think that Northeners are dull(not necessarily true)
b) think that Northerners get into universty on lower scores..(true, and that is even in my opinion damaging to the North...if I was educaiton minister, I would raise cut off marks for the North, and watch as standards go up).
c) One more thing...a Southerner is more likely to find it harder to get into university than Northerners because...there are FAR MORE SOUTHERNERS who are educated than Northerners...so in the numbers game, Southerners lose out more.
d) the real issue is that because our economy is so badly run, there aren't enough technical jobs. Everyone has to go to uni to make it in life. And since private universites are too too expensive...public unis is it.

All in all, Goodness should read Anatomy, graduate with a first class...and then try to gain entry into UI's medical school...and train as a doctor...from 400 level. Or even shine in Anatomy because Lord knows we need more Anatomists in this country.
I agree with almost everything you posted except two
1.The main reason why it's harder for Southerners to gain admission generally is because of the catchment area stuff
2.She should study anatomy.HABA!!!!
You are wicked ooo
So that she will be looking for job on the street abi
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by drlateef: 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2019
traihit:

This is not even about religion and tribalism. That's too petty. But by supporting what happened in that school, you've supported the assassination of hardwork, diligence and meritocracy and thus, you are not qualified at all to complain about the failumre in Nigeria's system anymore.

But this is what happens everyday in Nigeria. It is even in our constitution, quota system. ABU should not be singled out for condemnation, thats the message. Because even in the state you claim as yours, they also practice quota system. It is not only in Nigeria they practice quota system. In UK the governmebt made it compulsory for Russell group universities including Oxford and Cambridge to admit certain number of students from state educated pupils. Now, almost 50% of students going to Oxford are from public schools.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by MasterKernel: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
Snowale:
oil only contributes about 9% to the GDP. Nigeria produces only about 2.7% of the world's oil supply (in comparison, Saudi Arabia produces 12.9%, Russia produces 12.7% and the United States produces 8.6%).[30] Although the petroleum sector is important, as government revenues still heavily rely on this sector, it remains a small part of the country's overall economy...... That's google.

In 2012, the GDP was composed of the following sectors: agriculture: 40%; services: 30%; manufacturing: 15%; oil: 14%.[39] By 2015, the GDP was composed of the following sectors: agriculture: 18%; services: 55%; manufacturing: 16%; oil: 8%

As of 2010, about 30% of Nigerians are employed in agriculture.[127] Agriculture used to be the principal foreign exchange earner of Nigeria.

The Nigerian economy is heavily dependent on the oil sector, which, accounts for over 95 percent of export earnings and about 40 percent of government revenues, according to the International Monetary Fund.

Please kindly show us the infrastructures built by your agricultural Era.

Why did Nigeria, Russia and Venezuela go into recession the moment crude oil dropped in price?

Can you tell us any sector that brings more foreign exchange than oil ($20 million per day).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry_in_Nigeria
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by prodigyevans(m): 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
nicedayontop:
What you failed to realise is that there are many indigenes of Niger state studying in better schools in various states of the federation. Grow up in your thinking and not become myopic.In my school here in Abuja, I can count six girls who scored more than 320 in jamb and they are from Niger state.The north is not as backward in education as many southeners think.

Six girls who wrote the exams themselves? Is that what you mean? And you want to tell me that the only thing you went about doing in a citadel of Learning is looking for girls from the north who scored above 320 for research purpose abi? And what was there course of study or didnt you bother to ask them? Mr researcher!!!

I wont want to banter words with you. We all know the essence for the introduction of THE EDUCATIONAL LESS PRIVILEGED STATE and FEDERAL CHARACTER.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
MasterKernel:

The Nigerian economy is heavily dependent on the oil sector, which, accounts for over 95 percent of export earnings and about 40 percent of government revenues, according to the International Monetary Fund.

Please kindly show us the infrastructures built by your agricultural Era.

Why did Nigeria, Russia and Venezuela go into recession the moment crude oil dropped in price?

Can you tell us any sector that brings more foreign exchange than oil ($20 million per day).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry_in_Nigeria
I've given you my evidences, As of 2010, about 30% of Nigerians are employed in agriculture. griculture used to be the principal foreign exchange earner of Nigeria. Wikipedia.

And all the infrastructure built in Nigeria isn't directly from oil, it's revenue made through agriculture, services, mining, oil etc.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by nicedayontop: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
The same thing will happen at U I because there would be more than six who scored more than 302 and are seeking MBBS admission.Don't let us be carry away by emotion.The population of candidates seeking admission into MBBS each year in ABU and UI is higher than 400 and they can't admit more than 150 each.The quota system we complain about has been there for more than 30 years now and Nigerians are not complaining because it favours them sometimes. they only complain when the opposite occurs.
planetzone10:
When Nigerian politicians wants to justify illegality with their speech, they muddle up facts and fictions together, knowing fully well that only few would bother to sift through the two. Whoever this guy is I don't know, but he'll make a good Nigerian politician. He is good at spewing out jargons and thrash thoroughly mixed together and making look like he's talking sensibly. He said and I quote "
As regards the case of one Goodness Thomas, she would have made it for the MBBS Merit list from her state but unfortunately she was number 7 on the list in terms of jamb score from Niger state* and only the first two were picked as it is in d case with all other 36 states and the FCT, she also wouldn’t have made it for the 2nd & 3rd criteria for admission as the number from the Medical and Dental Board limits ABU MBBS to only 120students per session so please do the maths how would U have admitted Goodness into MBBS and justify it even if U are on the admissions committee" the question I want to ask this guy is: did everybody who had very high score in jamb in each state apply to ABU as this statement he made which I quoted above suggests? No matter how cosmopolitan ABU is, most first generation federal universities are just as much cosmopolitan. I finished from University of Ibadan, and one of the best young lecturer in my department(mathematics) at that time was from Kano state and other departments had lecturers from across the country too. So let's call a spade exactly what it is, a girl scored above three hundred and we have someone here telling us why not admitting her to the faculty of medicine in ABU is justified, what a load of bullshit! there is no justification for turning down such a brilliant young mind. I wish that girl had applied to university of Ibadan instead of ABU, then she would have been able to realize her dreams.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by MasterKernel: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
Snowale:
I've given you my evidences, As of 2010, about 30% of Nigerians are employed in agriculture. griculture used to be the principal foreign exchange earner of Nigeria. Wikipedia.

And all the infrastructure built in Nigeria isn't directly from oil, it's revenue made through agriculture, services, mining, oil etc.

How does Agricultural employment of 30% transend to foreign exchange? You don't know the main aim of export is to earn foreign exchange.

Surprisingly, we don't have food sufficiency and you're talking of export. We import Rice, Beans (Niger), Groundnut Oil, Tomato (Cotonue), Fish (Cameroon), Pepper (Ghana) etc...

Nigeria depends on the oil and gas industry for more than 90% of its export earnings and about 70% of government revenue.

https://www.shell.com.ng/media/nigeria-reports-and-publications-briefing-notes/economic-contribution.html

I still challenge you to mention those infrastructures built with Agricultural proceeds, I don't want to waste your time.
I can mention all infrastructures in Lagos, time and who built them.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by zeedof(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
ABU is the only uni in Nigeria that has almost all tribe and even local government in Nigeria as a student and staff
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
I agree with almost everything you posted except two
1.The main reason why it's harder for Southerners to gain admission generally is because of the catchment area stuff
2.She should study anatomy.HABA!!!!
You are wicked ooo
So that she will be looking for job on the street abi

Anatomy is a good course.

Infact, if not for the anatomists that taught me and many of my colleagues anatomy, we won't have been good enough doctors at all.

When your surgeon operates, he knows where to go because an anatomist taught him that when he was a student.

And it is not for dull people...it can be tough.

Plus...like I said, she can get a first class, and read medicine at UI...or even get out of the country.
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Alexaonfleek: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bedwyr:

Anatomy is a good course.

Infact, if not for the anatomists that taught me and many of my colleagues anatomy, we won't have been good enough doctors at all.

When your surgeon operates, he knows where to go because an anatomist taught him that when he was a student.

And it is not for dull people...it can be tough.

Plus...like I said, she can get a first class, and read medicine at UI...or even get out of the country.
pls let's be realistic
Where will she get a good paying job as an anatomist.
Even most first class anatomists end up teaching basic science in secondary school.
And if she decides to do DE for UI,it's okay but the years she would use lipsrsealed
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
pls let's be realistic
Where will she get a good paying job as an anatomist.
Even most first class anatomists end up teaching basic science in secondary school.
And if she decides to do DE for UI,it's okay but the years she would use lipsrsealed

Doctors self wey no get good job...

(I should know, I'm one of them)
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Splendor27: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
IAmStrange:
And some people were attributing it to Islam, calling it Islamic agenda.

Many began to spite the school, calling it all sorts of derogatory names, with Islam in the picture.

WaLlohi, the minds of many of these people are dark and evil, the Muslims have just become too weak to expose them.

Indeed, it's the truth what Allaah said:

“Never will the Jews nor the Christians be
pleased with you (O Muhammad) till you follow their religion"

It's Islamophobia that will kill some people.

Did a story not come up one time of Covenant university rejecting admission to one Muslim guy in a similar fashion like this?

Did anyone shout Christianization?

When a Muslim does something, they attribute it to Islam. If it's the other way round, you won't hear such a thing coming from us.

Why are you all so deeply obsessed with Islam if you do not fear for its greatness and try to talk it down or criticize it at any given chance?

The reality is that many of these people are just insincere, sick-minded hypocrites!

Imes is coming! Imes is coming! The world should prepare. angry

The reality of your true selves, how evil your hearts are actually and how foolish your arguments and philosophies are will soon be exposed to the world when Imes comes.

All of you should continue! angry Imes will be making you all famous; yes, the whole will know you all for your evil and hypocritical ways.

By the time Imes will come, humiliation will be your companion. humiliation will be your nick names. You will all wine and dine with humiliation unless you repent and turn towards truth.

When Imes comes, it will be the end of your era and the beginning of a new one.

When Imes comes, it will be game over for many of you hypocritical lots

Imes is coming, You should all get prepared! angry

And you are free to wail and attack me on mention. grin That's your way and it will only make your humiliation more interesting when Imes eventually shows up. grin if the imes come,,how sure are u will be alive...
Don't kill ursef over a religion u were not there when they start it....
Same to christianity...

Imes, we await your coming grin cheesy
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by Splendor27: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
IAmStrange:
And some people were attributing it to Islam, calling it Islamic agenda.

Many began to spite the school, calling it all sorts of derogatory names, with Islam in the picture.

WaLlohi, the minds of many of these people are dark and evil, the Muslims have just become too weak to expose them.

Indeed, it's the truth what Allaah said:

“Never will the Jews nor the Christians be
pleased with you (O Muhammad) till you follow their religion"

It's Islamophobia that will kill some people.

Did a story not come up one time of Covenant university rejecting admission to one Muslim guy in a similar fashion like this?

Did anyone shout Christianization?

When a Muslim does something, they attribute it to Islam. If it's the other way round, you won't hear such a thing coming from us.

Why are you all so deeply obsessed with Islam if you do not fear for its greatness and try to talk it down or criticize it at any given chance?

The reality is that many of these people are just insincere, sick-minded hypocrites!

Imes is coming! Imes is coming! The world should prepare. angry

The reality of your true selves, how evil your hearts are actually and how foolish your arguments and philosophies are will soon be exposed to the world when Imes comes.

All of you should continue! angry Imes will be making you all famous; yes, the whole will know you all for your evil and hypocritical ways.

By the time Imes will come, humiliation will be your companion. humiliation will be your nick names. You will all wine and dine with humiliation unless you repent and turn towards truth.

When Imes comes, it will be the end of your era and the beginning of a new one.

When Imes comes, it will be game over for many of you hypocritical lots

Imes is coming, You should all get prepared! angry

And you are free to wail and attack me on mention. grin That's your way and it will only make your humiliation more interesting when Imes eventually shows up. grin if the imes come,,how sure are u will be alive...
Don't kill ursef over a religion u were not there when they start it....

Imes, we await your coming grin cheesy
Re: ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
bnovative:

I should ignore you because you are not the Op, but let me respond as follows :
I don't do sentiment in my analysis of issues. Any opinion you can't support with facts is a lie.
This op isn't the spokes person for ABU, and he rushed to spew this "There are some unique facts about ABU that we must appreciate which includes among so many others; ABU is the most cosmopolitan University in the whole of Africa not even Nigeria �� it’s no news that ABU Zr has students from each and every of the 774 local governments in �� which makes it a mini ��. lie." lie number 1.
Also transparent admission should be published for the public to see. Everything else is a shame. When a school is called out like the case of ABU, it should be their position to show how transparent they have been in carrying out the admission process. Is that too hard for u?
"
at least u acknowledge Abu is cosmopolitan which is good from you... I quite agree process of admission and criteria should be made open for all to see... but some information are confidential and can be brought out if need be... which is why transcripts are not given to students by hand... back then in Unical I was fortunate to see d admission list and it was casted in merit catchment less educationally developed states format... my point still stands we need more schools... medicine is competitive esp for a schools like Abu unilag ui unn... initially many were responding with ethnic jibes not knowing d girl is from North Central.... my cousin applied to uniben chemical engineering later got chemistry he is from edo State... the lady got anatomy and she is young meaning she can always read medicine tomoro self...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / FUTA Final Year Students Storm School In A Grand Style (Photos) / Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.