Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. (5063 Views)

Checkout The 9 Oldest Auto-makers In The World / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / Checkout The Evolution Of The Bentley (1921 To 2018) – PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by kingreign(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
nakoks:
From the two submissions above ,i infer sludge...OP stop using palm oil
He should also follow manufacturers recommended oil change interval or even change oil 500miles/5.5months earlier than the 5,000miles/6months oil change interval
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nairaland1stson(m): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
kingreign:

He should also follow manufacturers recommended oil change interval or even change oil 500miles/5.5months earlier than the 5,000miles/6months oil change interval

I laugh in Swahili grin

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Themandalorian: 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nairaland1stson:

Make e dey look like grin i don travel go Enugu come back will be traveling to PH tomorrow..
Enjoy and journey mercies.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by nakoks(m): 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2019
Nairaland1stson:

I laugh in Swahili grin
20W50 spotted.You will buy another engine soon no be curse

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by kingreign(m): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
nakoks:

Amen brother. This is a valid prophecy!
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by obstead200(m): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nairaland1stson:

Lol don't underestimate a person you've not meet before sir. it might surprise you to know that I know more than you can imagine. Sure I identified the fault, the Engine oil pump failed.

I don't know how much u know, but for u not have identified a failed oil pump within minutes is just gross carelessness.

My oil pump has failed twice and I noted it in minutes, thus saving myself expensive bengine repairs
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by obstead200(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
homeboy205:

Most cases it’s the pick up screen that get block
very correct
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nairaland1stson(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
obstead200:
I don't know how much u know, but for u not have identified a failed oil pump within minutes is just gross carelessness.

My oil pump has failed twice and I noted it in minutes, thus saving myself expensive bengine repairs
I wasn't the one driving
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by mourinhob: 10:16am On Dec 27, 2019
obstead200:

pls how do you know that an oil pump wants to fail
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by homeboy205: 11:43am On Dec 27, 2019
mourinhob:

The red oil light on your dashboard will start flickering
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by mourinhob: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
homeboy205:

The red oil light on your dashboard will start flickering

asides that, remember he said minutes. no driver has his eye on the dashboard every minute.

I am thinking is there a peculiar sound or so something
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by homeboy205: 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
mourinhob:

asides that, remember he said minutes. no driver has his eye on the dashboard every minute.

Speak for yourself brother, I look at my dashboard every min oo it’s just a glance

Yes the engine sound will be louder but I pray you hear that if you are the type that loud your stereo
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by mourinhob: 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
homeboy205:

Speak for yourself brother, I look at my dashboard every min oo it’s just a glance

Yes the engine sound will be louder but I pray you hear that if you are the type that loud your stereo

you lie brother, no driver on earth can take a glance on his dashboard every damn minute. when you no bi machine. in fact you must get accident if that's your driving pattern.
occasional glances is acceptable but not every damn minute. just pray that no glitches occur outside those occasional glances
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by homeboy205: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
mourinhob:

you lie brother, no driver on earth can take a glance on his dashboard every damn minute. when you no bi machine. in fact you must get accident if that's your driving pattern.
occasional glances is acceptable but not every damn minute. just pray that no glitches occur outside those occasional glances

Speak for yourself
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by homeboy205: 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
mourinhob:

And how do you think he knows within minutes?

[quote author=obstead200 post=85242052]I don't know how much u know, but for u not have identified a failed oil pump within minutes is just gross carelessness.

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by obstead200(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2019
mourinhob:

u hear the knocking sound that shows it is no longer pumping. Or u see the temperature rise due to increased friction, or the engine just stalls (extreme situation)
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by MedicH: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nairaland1stson:
it is so funny on how you guys here conclude on what you did not see.. cool

Beats my imagination really. Low lives will stay in their houses and use their phones to pour out negativity on something they know absolutely nothing about.

Pls oga enjoy ur engine. U.s, used, somalia used, Nigerian used, Syrian used what nonsense.
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by A305: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nairaland1stson:

I laugh in Swahili grin
Bros, Don't use this oil otherwise, you will kill this new engine faster. Look at the cover of the crankcase to determine your oil grade.
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nairaland1stson(m): 9:51am On Dec 31, 2019
mourinhob:

There is no peculiar sound.. Just the flickering of engine oil light on the dashboard.. Mine just went off while on motion..
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nairaland1stson(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2019
mourinhob:

No mind am.. My eyes is more on the road than the dashboard
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nairaland1stson(m): 9:55am On Dec 31, 2019
MedicH:

Beats my imagination really. Low lives will stay in their houses and use their phones to pour out negativity on something they know absolutely nothing about.

Pls oga enjoy ur engine. U.s, used, somalia used, Nigerian used, Syrian used what nonsense.

Thanks brother man. Mine is Japanese used.. Currently in Anambra enjoying the holidays..

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by homeboy205: 11:09am On Dec 31, 2019
Nairaland1stson:

No mind am.. My eyes is more on the road than the dashboard

I guess now that you changed the engine your eyes will be more glued to your dashboard than the road

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nairaland1stson(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
homeboy205:

I guess now that you changed the engine your eyes will be more glued to your dashboard than the road

Maybe cheesy
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by paix(m): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Start the engine, make we hear the noise......... grin
But don't allow the smoke enter our eyes o.
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by thebigkendo(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
mourinhob:

That mean i be machine then.. Because no way my oil pressure warning lamp go flash or come on & i won't notice it
The oil pressure warning light is red for a reason.. But Nigerians are used are used to having so many malfunction lights on, so even when a new one pop up.. They won't notice
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by nurey(m): 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
thebigkendo:

That mean i be machine then.. Because no way my oil pressure warning lamp go flash or come on & i won't notice it
The oil pressure warning light is red for a reason.. But Nigerians are used are used to having so many malfunction lights on, so even when a new one pop up.. They won't notice

Fallacy of generalization
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by kingreign(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
cry
nurey:

He is right.
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by thebigkendo(m): 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
nurey:

Oya sorry.. Most Nigerians grin grin grin..

One of my guy told me that check engine light is normal.. Because the car was not made for Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by nurey(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
thebigkendo:

Oya sorry.. Most Nigerians grin grin grin..

One of my guy told me that check engine light is normal.. Because the car was not made for Nigeria grin grin grin

normal thing, mechanic use to tell me that if a car doesn't show check engine light continuous on the dash board, the car won't start ever.

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
nurey:

normal thing, mechanic use to tell me that if a car doesn't show check engine light continuous on the dash board, the car won't start ever.
You didn't greet us merry Christmas why?
Re: Checkout The Engine I Bought Today. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
nakoks:

Not necessarily true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Negotiating Bends At High Speed / Fuel Gauge Issues! / Advice On Replacing My Mitsubishi Outlander Fuel Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.