Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! (39137 Views)

Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee / Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by calabardick(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2019
chival:
He probably doesn't have the funds to rent a new apartment yet. He'll leave eventually. Home owners should learn to have compassion for their tenants. The state of affairs in the country is causing millions to suffer untold hardship.

Are you the tenant the OP is talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by Aboguede(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2019
I wanted to tell the solution but since his my possible bloda, NO.

Oga just wait and pray grin
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:33am On Dec 20, 2019
AmuDimpka:
The name is Chigozie Okongwu James is an Anioma name... It is Delta Igbo !

You see , when they do bad you guys call them Igbo
When they do good you call them Anioma

Well, he is Igbo and we would not reject him because of rent issues

I know a property in the same Surulere shared by my Chirch, and an Igbo man. When the Church bought over the property, this man will not quit his apartment for a whole year. And will not even act sorry, or plead for time. He simply says "He doesn't have anywhere to go to".

Like I say again, don't resort to self help, take him to court, and also take him to God in prayers day and night and ask God for Justice and judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by CJIDEX(m): 8:35am On Dec 20, 2019
WAECMATHEMATICS:
Good day all.

Please, I need your advice on one wicked stubborn tenant. My family gave this our tenant a quick notice since February this year 2019. As a matter of fact, the tenant and our family went to Lagos Arbitration and Mediation Centre. It was at the Mediation Centre that we both reached an agreement that he should leave our apartment.

So, we gave him 6 months quit notice in February, 2019. His previous house rent elapsed that same February, 2019. So, for the 6 months quit notice we gave him, he didn't pay any money. He actually said he would need 6 months to search for another apartment at that meeting we had with him at the Mediation Centre in February. So, we gave him the 6 months for free.

The 6 months we gave him elapsed at the end of August, 2019. When the 6 months elapsed, he refused to vacate the apartment. So, my family went back to the Lagos Mediation Centre to complain. The Mediation Centre sent him (the tenant) a letter giving him 7 days ultimatum to vacate the apartment. At the end of the 7 days, this man refused to leave. My family complained again to the Mediation Centre and they said they would look into it.

After another 3 months again by last November, 2019, this tenant refused to leave the apartment. My family went back again to the Lagos Mediation Centre and one of the officials there said "So, the man has not left the house since?". We responded yes. At the Mediation Centre there, they said something like they are incapacitated by the law to take any action.

This is December now going to an end. The tenant is still in the house. He has refused to vacate the apartment. It's about 10 months now living in our apartment without any payment. He has refused to leave.

The apartment is a 2 bedroom flat in Aguda Surulere, Lagos. The tenant's name is Mr Chigozie Okongwu James.

We don't want to take law into our hands as it seems there is no solution to the problem through the Lagos Mediation Centre. It's about 10 months now!

What can my family do to get the man ejected from the apartment? Your advice are welcomed.

I advise that you contact a legal practitioner to help you file for recovery of premises in the magistrate court (yaba).
The Lagos Citizens Mediation Centre will only try to resolve issues amicably as they lack enforcement powers unlike court.. Meanwhile all things being equal you should get judgement in a reasonable time in court... Give it a thought man.
You can contact for further clarification (08060672567) Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by whitering: 8:37am On Dec 20, 2019
That's wickedness. I don't want to sound bigotic, but that's why most igbo don't usually get accommodated by Lagos Landlords.

Most landlords have vowed never to give igbos their houses because most of them are too cunning and destructive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by AleAirHub(m): 8:37am On Dec 20, 2019
You are a very wicked person.
chival:
He probably doesn't have the funds to rent a new apartment yet. He'll leave eventually. Home owners should learn to have compassion for their tenants. The state of affairs in the country is causing millions to suffer untold hardship.

2 Likes

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 20, 2019
PearlStreet:

You are very unintelligent

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by whitering: 8:38am On Dec 20, 2019
E
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by davillian(m): 8:38am On Dec 20, 2019
WAECMATHEMATICS:

Thanks for your advice.

Hope it'll not drag for months before he's ejected by the court's Sherrifs.

For the traditional means, can you shed more light on it? grin
Lmao...
Just act fetish he go run...
Pour red oil first for front of his door
Buy snail shell tie red cloth
Or do small coffin buy red candle and white candle
All this na empty threat o...

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by DaddyMorenike: 8:38am On Dec 20, 2019
He's the real owner of d house. Una be the tenants.
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by mechanics(m): 8:40am On Dec 20, 2019
The only alternative is to sue them.
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by iamethan(m): 8:40am On Dec 20, 2019
WAECMATHEMATICS:
Good day all.

Please, I need your advice on one wicked stubborn tenant. My family gave this our tenant a quick notice since February this year 2019. As a matter of fact, the tenant and our family went to Lagos Arbitration and Mediation Centre. It was at the Mediation Centre that we both reached an agreement that he should leave our apartment.

So, we gave him 6 months quit notice in February, 2019. His previous house rent elapsed that same February, 2019. So, for the 6 months quit notice we gave him, he didn't pay any money. He actually said he would need 6 months to search for another apartment at that meeting we had with him at the Mediation Centre in February. So, we gave him the 6 months for free.

The 6 months we gave him elapsed at the end of August, 2019. When the 6 months elapsed, he refused to vacate the apartment. So, my family went back to the Lagos Mediation Centre to complain. The Mediation Centre sent him (the tenant) a letter giving him 7 days ultimatum to vacate the apartment. At the end of the 7 days, this man refused to leave. My family complained again to the Mediation Centre and they said they would look into it.

After another 3 months again by last November, 2019, this tenant refused to leave the apartment. My family went back again to the Lagos Mediation Centre and one of the officials there said "So, the man has not left the house since?". We responded yes. At the Mediation Centre there, they said something like they are incapacitated by the law to take any action.

This is December now going to an end. The tenant is still in the house. He has refused to vacate the apartment. It's about 10 months now living in our apartment without any payment. He has refused to leave.

The apartment is a 2 bedroom flat in Aguda Surulere, Lagos. The tenant's name is Mr Chigozie Okongwu James.

We don't want to take law into our hands as it seems there is no solution to the problem through the Lagos Mediation Centre. It's about 10 months now!

What can my family do to get the man ejected from the apartment? Your advice are welcomed.

human rights will do justice , just visit their office and get them involved. The tenant go comot by force sha.

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by MztrChukwu(m): 8:41am On Dec 20, 2019
This is the useless attitude that makes Lagos Landlord avoid renting apartments to Igbo people.

Na this kind madness dey cause am.

This is a very useless Igbo man and a curse to all easterners!

Stupid fool!

3 Likes

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by Famax(f): 8:42am On Dec 20, 2019
Remove the doors and windows in the name of renovating the apartment.

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by MztrChukwu(m): 8:42am On Dec 20, 2019
whitering:
That's wickedness. I don't want to sound bigotic, but that's why most igbo don't usually get accommodated by Lagos Landlords.

Most landlords have vowed never to give igbos their houses because most of them are ctoo cunning and destructive.

I am an Igbo man and I can't help but agree more. This is pure wickedness

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 20, 2019
lomprico:

after 10 months free? that's unfair to the landlord na.

10 months is even small..u have not seen 3years...
there’s a tribe that have skill in this area of not paying rent.

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by samnaija: 8:45am On Dec 20, 2019
WAECMATHEMATICS:
Good day all.

My brother, don't take matters into your hands.
The mediation center after the 7 days are meant to send your case to a multidoor court.
Don't mind does at at the center. Demand they should forward your case to multidoor court. If they refuse something is wrong.
You don't need a lawyer.
Don't insult them ask politely.
If they refuse take your aggrement and 7 days notice to their ikeja head office and explain to them everything.
They will make sure your case forwarded to a multidoor court. You don't need a lawyer.

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by samnaija: 8:47am On Dec 20, 2019
[quote author=WAECMATHEMATICS post=85062615]Good day all.

My brother, don't take matters into your hands.
The mediation center after the 7 days are meant to send your case to a multidoor court.
Don't mind does at at the center. Demand they should forward your case to multidoor court. If they refuse something is wrong.
You don't need a lawyer.
Don't insult them ask politely.
If they refuse take your aggrement and 7 days notice to their ikeja head office and explain to them everything.
They will make sure your case forwarded to a multidoor court. You don't need a lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by pryme(m): 8:48am On Dec 20, 2019
WAECMATHEMATICS:
Good day all.

Why am I not surprised?
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by uvie66: 8:49am On Dec 20, 2019
chival:
So ten months of living free and denying the landlord of his rent is not compassionate enough......abi the landlord won't feed again.

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by MhizBecky1992(f): 8:49am On Dec 20, 2019
otuekong1:
I hate to sound like this but its kinda a norm amongst some greedy Igbo's to rent your house and refuse to pay,he(tenant) is building his house that he intends packing into
I am speaking from a real experiences I had
***The options you have are:
1.Involve the police
2.Disconnect every disconnectable(roof,water,power,
3.Report him to his pastor
4.Buy a good padlock n lock them in/ out
5.pray cause the tenant might be using JAy Z on you
Smart
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by shilefan2(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2019
Nawao...Some tenants get mind o...

Meanwhile, For your Travel needs, Kindly check my signature for more info...
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by Roroapple: 8:51am On Dec 20, 2019
Go to mediation center around ur area and complain trust me it will take only 2-3 months they will move his things out side and will have to pay for the outstanding months he used trust me I have been there B4 u will thanks me later
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by clemzo101(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2019
Just notify him that you want to carryout maintenance on the property, do a letter to him in order to avoid any legal battle, then carry some people to removethe roof, Windows and doors.

1 Like

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by clemzo101(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2019
Roroapple:
Go to mediation center around ur area and complain trust me it will take only 2-3 months they will move his things out side and will have to pay for the outstanding months he used trust me I have been there B4 u will thanks me later
did you read the post at all?

2 Likes

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by ashleyconcept: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2019
sinaj:
Remove the roof
inside life, go to high court and start a fresh case
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by WAECMATHEMATICS: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2019
Venerable612:

The legal ejection will take you an extra 3 months give or take. But that’s your best bet. If you get a good lawyer, it may be faster.

Thanks. Noted
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by Zhirinovsky: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2019
Op, don't listen to any advice here telling you to use force, police, soldiers, remove his roof, etc. These are just illiterate kids typing from their backyard.
You have done well by giving him the statutory 6 months notice. You are the cause of your problems sef. Why the delay? Rush to the magistrate court with a lawyer and the signed agreement you had with the tenant in the mediation center. The magistrate will then enforce it.
If you use soldier, when the case starts, nothing consigns the soldier o, police, etc na on top your family head. You should had involved a lawyer from the on set. The next step is the magistrate court abeg.
WAECMATHEMATICS:
Good day all.

2 Likes

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by RamseyBolton: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2019
otuekong1:
I hate to sound like this but its kinda a norm amongst some greedy Igbo's to rent your house and refuse to pay,he(tenant) is building his house that he intends packing into
I am speaking from a real experiences I had
***The options you have are:
1.Involve the police
2.Disconnect every disconnectable(roof,water,power,
3.Report him to his pastor
4.Buy a good padlock n lock them in/ out
5.pray cause the tenant might be using JAy Z on you

You make sense. Na their way
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by clemzo101(m): 8:56am On Dec 20, 2019
Famax:
Remove the doors and windows in the name of renovating the apartment.
exactly
Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by Westernlove: 8:57am On Dec 20, 2019
sinaj:
Remove the roof

Sinaj Is bae.....I Just kissed you through your DP. I hope I'll get married to a beautiful humorous lady as you lol. We go dey crack Jokes together die lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! by WAECMATHEMATICS: 8:57am On Dec 20, 2019
emmamudi:
Don't get mad, get a lawyer

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Building designs and advice for your projects / Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State / Frustrated Tenants Print Poster For Their Landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.