Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH (679 Views)

UAE Lifts ban on Transit flights From Nigeria, India, Others On August 5 / Ondo Sends Back Almajiris From Sokoto – Official / Fuel Truck Explodes On Transit In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by daddymummy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
Yesterday i embarked on a journey from Sokoto to Onitsha.

It was a night journey which started yesterday evening and ended today evening.

I took FG ONWENWE luxurious bus.

So many of the passengers in the bus were soldiers who got pass to travel for Christmas

They all wore mufti.

They are all from Giginya barracks sokoto.

One of the soldiers sat near me.

He was number 56 and i was 57

Because the bus was already full,few of the soldiers also took attachments with other hausa people and corp members.

Before the journey began,a corp member kept an item on a soldier's seat when the soldier went out.

He did not know that the owner of the seat was a soldier because all of the soldiers on board wore mufti.

The soldier came back,took the item and threw it violently at the corper.

He and another soldier started threatening to beat the corper seriously.

They boasted that they have fought with boko haram and fulani herd men.

They also boasted that driving through the Sokoto-Gusau highway would not have been possible(They were the ones who cleared the highway of herdmen,according to them.)

That corpers like claiming as if they were not civilians.

One of the soldiers said that if corpers believe they are educated people,he himself is also educated as he is currently doing his masters.

So corpers should not do shakara because they are educated.

The bus started driving and then stopped to pick more attachments

A corp member soon entered as attachment.

A soldier (who himself took attachment)asked the corper to go front inside the bus.

The corper did not suspect that the man was a soldier.

He said he was okay standing at the point.

Before you know it,two of the soldiers started slapping and beating him.

His eyes were totally red from the blows.

As if that was not enough,they seized his phone.

When we reached a check point before Suleija,the soldiers on board the bus came out and reported the corper to the soldiers at the check point.

They claimed that the corper threatened to call cultist to attack them when the bus enter Igbo state.

The corper was not even given a chance to counter the accusation before the soldiers at the check point asked the corper to sit on the floor and started beating him.

When they let him go,the soldiers in the bus came in and started threatening the civilians inside the bus.

They said civilians were crazy.

One of the soldiers claimed that before he joined the army,he was a cultist and that he killed as a cultist.

One female corper made a mistake by asking one of the soldiers to stop talking.

She thought the soldier was the corper that was beaten.

Whereupon the soldier went close to her and threaten to blind her.

She said she was sorry,that she did not know he was a soldier.

She said she thought he was the corper that was beaten.

As the bus started moving one soldier on attachment said that any time they reached a check point,they should bring out the corp member and beat him to teach him a lesson.

But by God's mercy,they did not make good their threat.

I could not have the heart to take pictures as this was going on because it could have spelt problems for me.

Even when i make calls,they would be watching me not to talk of snapping them.

I later heard some of them talking of going to Bori camp in PH.
Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by CaptainStephen(m): 10:02pm On Dec 20, 2019
Can you identify the alleged soldiers if you see them again ?
Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by daddymummy(m): 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2019
They were very many in the 2 buses which left Sokoto yesterday.

But i can identify some of them
CaptainStephen:
Can you identify the alleged soldiers if you see them again ?

Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by Odunolumide(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
Oga o....thought soldiers give corpers special privileges.
Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by dawnomike(m): 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
Beware of men in camo in Nigeria... This is not America or UK where soldiers smile at civilians!
Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nigerian soldiers hate people who know their right.

They hate people who argue with them.

They believe in total obedience.

They believe all civilians are lower than the least among the soldiers.

They believe that one soldier can control millions of civilians.

Even if a soldier is nothing/inferior among his colleagues,when he sees a civilian,he suddenly feels superior.

And it is the civilians that encourage it.

They give in easily to a soldier even when their rights have been infringed upon.

They will say something like 'You know he is a soldier'

So because he is a soldier,he can infringe on your right?

The senators and house of rep members are all civilians,but they can't make a law to curb the excesses of military men.

That is why a newly recruited soldier(who is seen as nothing among his colleagues) will feel he is superior to a senator.

That is why a low ranked soldier who is doing frog jump inside a barracks will come out and be calling a governor of a state a bloody civilian.

Why?Because the civil authority is not doing anything to curb military excesses as is obtained abroad

Normally military is subject to civil authority and rule.

But the reverse is the case in Nigeria.

That is why military always planned to overthrown government in Nigeria.

Because a soldier in Nigeria cannot imagine himself being under a civilian.

Our laws concerning the military have to change if we want our democracy to continue forever.

Otherwise,the military will take over when we least expect.

This can easily happen because the Nigerian civilians believe soldiers are superior to them and soldiers themselves know this mindset of civilians

A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by spinna: 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
This wan na cashout for all of una..if you could just identify them and report to the authorities..they are trained and armed with our money and are supposed to serve us.

This is a taste of what life will be like if we allow this democracy (flawed as it is) to fail . This democracy must continue so that Bu can go and sm1 else can enter. Every wicked plan they have by positioning themselves every where will soo fail by Gods grace
Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by darfay: 1:37am On Dec 21, 2019
But if them see boko Haram now, no to drop weapons run
Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by royalads: 5:35am On Dec 21, 2019
Nigerian soldiers, especially those at the war front should be subjected to a post-trauma mental examination and therapy. This will help give them mentally balance so as not to lose the humane side of their person.
So sad your colleagues had to go through these ordeals.

1 Like

Re: How Soldiers Beat Up Corp Members On Transit From Sokoto To PH by CaptainStephen(m): 5:58am On Dec 21, 2019
daddymummy:
They were very many in the 2 buses which left Sokoto yesterday.

But i can identify some of them
OK thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Canada Is A Better Immigration Destination Than The United States / ( Photos) World's First Space Hotel Scheduled To Open In 2027 / Emirates Suspends Flights To And From Nigeria From 18 March 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.