Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years (40999 Views)

Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix) / OAU ODL Graduates Second Set Nursing Students / Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by talk2hb1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hmmm...

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by BluntBoy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
ejimatic:
. online programme! rigorous learning? for where?There is no substitute for campus based programme

Try an online program like programs of University of the People, and you will know that online programs can be even more rigorous than classroom based programs. With two registered courses, you have to turn in at least 2 plaigiarism- free papers every week, and you also need to provide at least 4 sentences of feedback to at least 3 coursemates.

In classroom based programs, you have lecturers to at least break down some topics, but in online, you are the one who would read textbooks and break them down yourself.

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by lereinter(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Florblu:

They are not responsible for your misfortune. So if you want to be sober, be sober in peace and let the joyous fellow be joyful.

You are unfortunate

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by Mmadu111: 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
This university of people, how much is their masters school fees?
BluntBoy:

Try an online program like programs of University of the People, and you will know that online programs can be even more rigorous than classroom based programs. With two registered courses, you have to turn in at least 2 plaigiarism- free papers every week, and you also need to provide at least 4 sentences of feedback to at least 3 coursemates.

In classroom based programs, you have lecturers to at least break down some topics, but in online, you are the one who would read textbooks and break them down yourself.

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by xcelentattitude(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
lereinter:

I don't know why people celebrate after finishing higher education in this Nigeria

It calls for sober reflection

They should be mourning ba?

I believe when you finished yours you were crying.

Must you comment kiss

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by harisclub: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
Education has gone beyond sitting in the classroom and lecturer will be reading textbook/handout for u. lets be sincere all these lecturers sef do they really teach u or u struggle to get things done ursef
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by xcelentattitude(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
ijewejones:
Congratulations to them all..beta things abounds

Welcome to reality... [b]naija labour market is different from what school is

Congrats once more,family,friends, relatives are proud of you

Which labour market again? grin grin

Do you think they have been living online?

Seems you are into marketing sir grin

They must have been working now grin grin

I know you must feel like replying angrily, all na joke o bros grin
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by harisclub: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
ejimatic:
. online programme! rigorous learning? for where?There is no substitute for campus based programme

Education has gone beyond sitting in the classroom and lecturer will be reading textbook/handout for u. lets be sincere all these lecturers sef do they really teach u or u struggle to get things done ursef

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by ijewejones: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2019
xcelentattitude:

Which labour market again? grin grin

Do you think they have been living online?

Seems you are into marketing sir grin

They must have been working now grin grin

I know you must feel like replying angrily, all na joke o bros grin

Nah nah bros..your comment is factual.

Medical line ain't same with other courses/profession & you right(some might already be working).

How about those that ain't working?(should they not be welcomed) or should we also not welcome them for graduating?

Whichever be the case,they must search for where to work in Naija market/hospital

grin grin Hope you feel me?? wink

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by BluntBoy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mmadu111:
This university of people, how much is their masters school fees?

No idea. A cousin of mine is running an undergraduate program. He got a scholarship which covered exam fees.

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by Fantachapman(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

No idea. A cousin of mine is running an undergraduate program. He got a scholarship which covered exam fees.

Hi BluntBoy, please I need some information for my younger sister who wants to study for an online undergraduate degree. I have looked it up online and it seems to be an american university. Does this University have any physical presence in Nigeria? Like a study center for instance. How can one get the scholarship? Do you know any other good online university that is affordable?

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by Ayotimi222(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
Congrats!
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by ejimatic: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
harisclub:

. You are right considering the present condition of education in Nigeria.Any lecturer who comes to the class room and starts reading textbook is a misfit in the academics.Many lecturers are not even motivated for their profession let alone poor condition of service in some institutions.The need to generate money for schools and provide further education for those already working gives rise to online learning in Nigeria.
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by ejimatic: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

. As described in your comment it could be tedious. Additionally an online programme will assist those working to further their education and be a source of revenue generation for schools running it.

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by sharone21(f): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
Good option apart from NOUN Nursing program. But, Nigeria's system is not flexible. Imagine studying for 3yrs @College of Nursing (after entering via exam+interview) then, studying for another 3-4yrs @a university(NOUN/online&offline), quite stressful. Seems if one isnt stressed enough, one doesn't make a good graduate. This is similar fate with those who have HND.

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by UncletC: 4:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
that's great.. .online nursing graduates.... mmmm , online treatment of patients, pray before meeting them ..
how about having online hospital?
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by OLUWABIG(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
To finish in OAU CDL Moro no easy
Ask Ex predites

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by toyinakomolafe(m): 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
Online blended, meaning it is combined with classroom instructions, besides, these are already registered nurses, not freshers
UncletC:
that's great.. .online nursing graduates.... mmmm , online treatment of patients, pray before meeting them ..
how about having online hospital?
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by purpleicious(f): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
I can see Idy Nsima

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by webngnews: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
hmmm
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by mechanics(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
ameenahz:
Congratulations to us!
where you part of them?
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by olaodun: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
Congrats to all these nurses are working already they just want to upgrade to have a degree after the RN and Midwifery
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by Mmadu111: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

okay
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by deuzgreat: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2019
ejimatic:
Backward nigerian. Herr in advanced country, you choose to do online or not simultaneously. If u have 12 courses. 6might be online and rest not online. People like you believe 1st class should be denied to people. Wicked soul

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by BluntBoy(m): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
Fantachapman:

Hi BluntBoy, please I need some information for my younger sister who wants to study for an online undergraduate degree. I have looked it up online and it seems to be an american university. Does this University have any physical presence in Nigeria? Like a study center for instance. How can one get the scholarship? Do you know any other good online university that is affordable?

The university is purely online, and has no physical presence anywhere. Although, I have heard that some students organize groups to assist one another.

To get the scholarship, you need to write and state why you need it. You must be very convincing to get a scholarship. You will find a list of available scholarships on their website. Many of these scholarships are not for Nigerians and many African countries, but you will find one or two scholarship schemes for Nigerians.

However, you must first pay a processing fee of 50 dollars (I don't know how much it is now) which would be sent together with your regional certificates (e.g., WAEC, GCE) and your degrees (if there are any). After you have been given admission, you will then get your own personal portal from which you can access the list of available scholarships. You can get scholarships all through your program which would mean your education from start to finish would be free (except for the 50 dollars processing fee before admission).
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by Fantachapman(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

The university is purely online, and has no physical presence anywhere. Although, I have heard that some students organize groups to assist one another.

To get the scholarship, you need to write and state why you need it. You must be very convincing to get a scholarship. You will find a list of available scholarships on their website. Many of these scholarships are not for Nigerians and many African countries, but you will find one or two scholarship schemes for Nigerians.

However, you must first pay a processing fee of 50 dollars (I don't know how much it is now) which would be sent together with your regional certificates (e.g., WAEC, GCE) and your degrees (if there are any). After you have been given admission, you will then get your own personal portal from which you can access the list of available scholarships. You can get scholarships all through your program which would mean your education from start to finish would be free (except for the 50 dollars processing fee before admission).

God bless you my brother for the info. I have checked the site, It is now $60 for application. But the issue like you rightly said is that the scholarships are not really for Nigerians. Can you please do me a favour and find out from your cousin which particular one applies to Nigerians? The ones I saw mention things like syrian refuges and brazilian females.
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by Ramjet: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2019
Ramjet:

I don't know why people celebrate after finishing higher education in this Nigeria

It calls for sober reflection
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by ameenahz(f): 4:13am On Dec 22, 2019
mechanics:
where you part of them?

Yes sir
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by BluntBoy(m): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2019
Fantachapman:

God bless you my brother for the info. I have checked the site, It is now $60 for application. But the issue like you rightly said is that the scholarships are not really for Nigerians. Can you please do me a favour and find out from your cousin which particular one applies to Nigerians? The ones I saw mention things like syrian refuges and brazilian females.

No problem, bro.

Fortunately, he is coming to my place today, so I will ask him some questions and send the info to you.
Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by lanxebony(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2019
Lautech offers odl, the sacrifice is much. You spend more. I'm a student of nursing science under lodlc. The program gives us more chance to get over degree faster. The havoc sch of nursing has caused us is what we are facing now. Most of the students are older adult. We run 3 semester in a year making the program faster , 2 week for exam and face-2-face facilitation. Everyday online class on the lms.
It's not as easy as u think

Re: OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years by toyinakomolafe(m): 11:28am On Dec 22, 2019
lanxebony:
Lautech offers odl, the sacrifice is much. You spend more. I'm a student of nursing science under lodlc. The program gives us more chance to get over degree faster. The havoc sch of nursing has caused us is what we are facing now. Most of the students are older adult. We run 3 semester in a year making the program faster , 2 week for exam and face-2-face facilitation. Everyday online class on the lms.
It's not as easy as u think
People think it is an easy task. OAU drilled us my brother since 2014.

Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / Photo: The Power Of The Mind! Weird But Interesting

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70