Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) (58813 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 69th Birthday (throwback & Recent Photos) / Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal / Pete Edochie, Onyeka Onwenu, Genevieve Nnaji And Phyno Share Cute Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by nerorex01: 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
Good looks though...
But if I may ask, how come this same generation keep hitting hard at our generation for dressing the way they did when they were much younger.
My views though... Haters stay offfff

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Goldencheese(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nice piece of information on one of Nigeria's very achieved songstresses.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by midnighter(f): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
The original Slay Queen ...we salute you mami kiss
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Rilley(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
obembet:
No man Enjoyed this woman pass king sunny Ade. Not even obj

Maybe u are one of KSA pikin wey we know no self
You are getting sued soon

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
Wuuworld:
Are you having a malaria or stomach upset?.
Add this to your bathing water and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by klax(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
ebukajay184:
IgbereTV captured a throwback photo of Nigerian singer, songwriter, actress, civil servant and journalist, Onyeka Onwenu at Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975, at the age of 23.

Onyeka Onwenu was born on 17 May 1952. She is from Arondizuogu, a small town in Ideato, North Local Government Area of Imo State in the south eastern part of Nigeria. She is the youngest daughter of the Nigerian educationist and politician D.K. Onwenu. Her father died when she was four years old in an autocrash.

Raised and cratered for by her mother, she studied abroad, bagging a Bachelor's degree in International Relations and Communication at the Wellesley College of Massachusetts, USA, and a master's degree in Media Studies from The New School for Social Research in New York..

Onyeka Onwenu's music career began in 1981 with the release of ‘For the Love of You' and 'Endless Life' which was produced by Sunny Okosun in 1982, 'The Morning Light' in 1984, 'One Love' in 1986 and 'Dancing In The Sun' in 1988. She stands out as the only musician to have crossed Pop with Juju music and Highlife, and still produce ‘eargasmic’ sounds. Her songs like her writing advocate for unity and cultural cohabitation as well as picking on social issues, issues relating to health and women rights as well as the plight of children.

She emerged into the movie scene in 1999 with the movie 'Not Your Wealth' and has since then been debuted in over 100 Nollywood movies including, 'Conspiracy' in 1999, 'Different Worlds' in 2006 and in Chimamanda's Half of a Yellow Sun which featured Chiwetel Ejiofor and Thandie Newton in 2014. In recognition of her contribution to music, movies and arts in Nigeria, she has been celebrated by professionals like Mahmood Ali-Balogun, Laolu Akins, Charles O’Tudor and former PMAN president Tony Okoroji among others.

She was the former chairperson of the Imo State Council for Arts and Culture and currently the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Centre for Women Development.

http://igberetvnews.com/1204091/onyeka-onwenu-wesley-college-massachusetts-usa-1975-throwback-photo/
And we should throw a party or go for thanksgiving or what

And to what important is her Uni days throwback is to us here if I may ask

Sorry if you are dry of information then find something else to do we are too busy here for stuffs like this ok.

No offense. Thanks.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Obas101(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
ziegurf:
....that's my Mom, I'm her only child/son.....Mom I love you, may your dayses be longatua and may you walk and never to stumbled....
Can't believe you will chose another over your real mum.. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by donprinyo(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
powerfulguy:
I dont know her
Small pikin

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by AceVentura: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
Arondizuogu is not a small town.

@Op, Be warned.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Agugbadin: 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2019
ziegurf:
....that's my Mom, I'm her only child/son.....Mom I love you, may your dayses be longatua and may you walk and never to stumbled....

One of the brightest woman Nigeria has ever produced,when I remember her, I think of late Professor Dora Akuyili, she is brilliant, beautiful, hardworking and what have you. Nwanyi Oma with a beautiful soul, One Love and Ekwe were some my favorite songs from her.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by donprinyo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2019
Wuuworld:
Wicked man
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by ziegurf(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
Abalado:
u self like better thing,,, aren't proud of your biological mother ni instead adopting a mother for urself ......omo komon,,,(bad child)

....wetin konsan me, grin grin
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by franchasng: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
Wuuworld:
black people and wickedness, kai shocked cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
Proper African woman, No make ups, No wigs/fake hairs, No fake eyelashes or bleached skin.

As Natural as it comes.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
Wuuworld:
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by bdsm: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
Alleluia music is Onyeka Onwenu in her finest.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by CSTR2: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
Time is fleeting.

If a man or woman lives for 70 years, that is just 3640 weeks.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by ziegurf(m): 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
AceVentura:

@Op, Be warned.

...nor mind the anu mpam, until umu mazi rough handle him

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
ebukajay184:
IgbereTV captured a throwback photo of Nigerian singer, songwriter, actress, civil servant and journalist, Onyeka Onwenu at Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975, at the age of 23.

Onyeka Onwenu was born on 17 May 1952. She is from Arondizuogu, a small town in Ideato, North Local Government Area of Imo State in the south eastern part of Nigeria. She is the youngest daughter of the Nigerian educationist and politician D.K. Onwenu. Her father died when she was four years old in an autocrash.

Raised and cratered for by her mother, she studied abroad, bagging a Bachelor's degree in International Relations and Communication at the Wellesley College of Massachusetts, USA, and a master's degree in Media Studies from The New School for Social Research in New York..

Onyeka Onwenu's music career began in 1981 with the release of ‘For the Love of You' and 'Endless Life' which was produced by Sunny Okosun in 1982, 'The Morning Light' in 1984, 'One Love' in 1986 and 'Dancing In The Sun' in 1988. She stands out as the only musician to have crossed Pop with Juju music and Highlife, and still produce ‘eargasmic’ sounds. Her songs like her writing advocate for unity and cultural cohabitation as well as picking on social issues, issues relating to health and women rights as well as the plight of children.

She emerged into the movie scene in 1999 with the movie 'Not Your Wealth' and has since then been debuted in over 100 Nollywood movies including, 'Conspiracy' in 1999, 'Different Worlds' in 2006 and in Chimamanda's Half of a Yellow Sun which featured Chiwetel Ejiofor and Thandie Newton in 2014. In recognition of her contribution to music, movies and arts in Nigeria, she has been celebrated by professionals like Mahmood Ali-Balogun, Laolu Akins, Charles O’Tudor and former PMAN president Tony Okoroji among others.

She was the former chairperson of the Imo State Council for Arts and Culture and currently the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Centre for Women Development.

http://igberetvnews.com/1204091/onyeka-onwenu-wesley-college-massachusetts-usa-1975-throwback-photo/

Wow... My mentor in the music industry.

Hmm...she studied abroad Little wonder shes so articulate in her song renditions. We had her album those days.
I remember how my dad used to play her song "morning light" I loved and still love that song till date. you guys need to hear her voice in that song ooohh...very soft and perfect voice control she gat there.

Much love from youqr mentee Mam.��

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by CSTR2: 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
gypsey:
Proper African woman, No make ups, No wigs/fake hairs, No fake eyelashes or bleached skin.

As Natural as it comes.
The women of those days were highly intelligent.

If woman go school those days, you go know say she go school.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by midnighter(f): 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
AceVentura:

@Op, Be warned.

hahaha cheesy it is a small town ooo Mr. Aro man come and beat me tongue

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by ziegurf(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
Obas101:

Can't believe you will chose another over your real mum.. Smh

....never in this planet you'll understand this
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Gbemiie: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
Interesting. All these people commenting, I hope you all have conscience
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by chidooh1: 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
ziegurf:
Please are you for real?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Bahamas95(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
E get one of her tracks wey dey burst my head dat year, I can't remember the title. Maybe it's "Ekwe"

Beautiful mama!

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by WildChild00(m): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
When mama was a girl shocked

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by hyperflex(m): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
I will totally ploughing her in 1975. See babe
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by ziegurf(m): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
chidooh1:
Please are you for real?

....do you wanna confirm it

abum nwa ndiejezie

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Agugbadin: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
obembet:
No man Enjoyed this woman pass king sunny Ade. Not even obj

Maybe u are one of KSA pikin wey we know no self

Black man with dirty mind, that you did a music show with a man does not mean that you are in a relationship.Man grow up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
Jonathan's side-chick that year

If you followed most Villa parties during Jonathan regime you go pick my point.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
Agugbadin:

Black man with dirty mind, that you did a music show with a man does not mean that you are in a relationship.Man grow up

Jonathan's side-chick that year

If you followed most Villa parties during Jonathan regime you go pick my point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Shares Her Chats With Kpokpogri To Refute The Claim That She Leaked / Funke Akindele Gets 40th Birthday Surprise From Her Husband And Crew Members / Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.