Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) (58801 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 69th Birthday (throwback & Recent Photos) / Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal / Pete Edochie, Onyeka Onwenu, Genevieve Nnaji And Phyno Share Cute Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by GrayBeard: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
Christophorus:
A single mom with integrity and swag!

Integrity?
Where were you when this woman lined up to sing for Abacha's life presidency bid?

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Dozie32(m): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
powerfulguy:
I dont know her

You be all pikin of 2000 na!! No be that say you go sabi her.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Ceoluoma: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
Wuuworld:
Are you having a malaria or stomach upset?.
Add this to your bathing water and thank me later.
Guy Akugbara. The day the seed touched my body, I almost ran man.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by SirBunky85(m): 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
ziegurf:
....that's my Mom, I'm her only child/son.....Mom I love you, may your dayses be longatua and may you walk and never to stumbled....
I can't see maslf
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Pizzlelight: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
powerfulguy:
I dont know her
Then you are 2000 kid
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Obascoetubi: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
powerfulguy:
I dont know her
GO WATCH NOLLEWOOD MOVIE CALLED conspiracy
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Chochovini: 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
Defenderalert:
Beautiful woman.
. ON POINT DEAR.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
It's Wellesley College not Wesley
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by shogsman(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
nerorex01:
Good looks though...
But if I may ask, how come this same generation keep hitting hard at our generation for dressing the way they did when they were much younger.
My views though... Haters stay offfff

Are you blind or you're just an hypocrite, go and dig out your folks old picture and compare it with what is currently obtainable in our society, quote me when you see the difference.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by cosmos1440: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
desmond2pk:
You will begin to know why yorubas dey beef igbos for nothing.
That profile and the beauty is intimidating

This your comment shows your level of inferiority complex and envy of the Yorubas.
Everyone was praising her irrespective of tribe, but your tribal bigotry won't let you rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by mudiana(m): 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
Kestolove:
Sunny ade enjoy sha
wat did he enjoy?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by OYAY(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
Rich profile! But has she started breast showcasing since 1975? Op should have used another picture with this solid CV jarey.l!!! Again are you sure she is still the chairperson of NCWDC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by moshino(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
chigoziri2403:
Obj really hustle this woman that year.

...And you were an eyewitness? Did you also see how your neighbors hussled your mother when your father was not around.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by farem: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
powerfulguy:
I dont know her

How powerful old are you?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by otipoju(m): 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
sharone21:
She has natural, captivating beautiful eyes....very few people are good in both music and acting eg Vanessa Williams, Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez and her rival in her hay days, late Christy Essien Igbokwe- the lady that was tagged, 'lady of songs' despite her cracked voice with many hit songs like Madam Onyeka Onwenu.
Their songs are evergreen not like some songs you hear now.
Onyeka Onwenu did well in her career, her only minus was when she sold Abacha to us on the '5m man march', aside that, she is still a good role model.

I don't know what got into her head that year. Maybe she was broke or maybe she was afraid i dont know. But a whole lot of them Musicians betrayed Nigerians that year....and it seriously tainted her legacy and her ability to ever speak on matters of public concern.

Till today, that is all i remember her for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by DelphiOracle(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
chigoziri2403:
Obj really hustle this woman that year.
hustle how?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Russianlord101(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
powerfulguy:
I dont know her

You are a child

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by SisterFire(f): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
She luks like uyailncomparabl
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Koboko2580: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
see below
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by nerorex01: 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2019
Guess you are one of those whose fingers moves faster than their brain...
To start with I am a fashion blogger, so I don't speak cos I have free MB
It was clearly stated for haters like you to stay clear cos it was my opinion on the issue but read una no go read
I have contributed to some articles on the evolution of fashion nativity and modernity. Read and learned from older contributors making me to understand that fashion keeps coming back to us...
If you can remember the good old days of boot cut trousers and how it resurfaced in the early 2000's before paving way for pencil trousers which is still in vogue till date.
For me it is poor to condemn anyone for what they believed to be fashionable to them.

shogsman:

Are you blind or you're just an hypocrite, go and dig out your folks old picture and compare it with what is currently obtainable in our society, quote me when you see the difference.

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by chigoziri2403(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
DelphiOracle:
hustle how?
chased her
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Tobichimezie: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nwa Mazi in the building, Onyeka Onwenu na my hometown sister grin

Izuogu mmanu!!

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by TheMubaraqS: 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
So e don Tay wey dem dey wear bad cloth sef

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
Her profile is not complete.

There has always been a speculation that onyeka is a single mum. It's actually quite confusing as she her last name is still her father's name.
Onyeka is married to a Yoruba man that produced 2 male children.

The husband is tall and dark. One of the boys is a carbon copy of the man.
She is one of those who know how to separate family from fame and She did that successfully.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Legendguru: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
hmmm
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Gee64: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2019
The beginning, the midsection, the decline.
Phases of life.
She lived a life full of fun.
If you wish to have your children and live a single life, it's okay.
Life is how you wish to live it

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Starhearts: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
powerfulguy:
I dont know her

She no dey no goat like U

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by tuzle(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
valarmorghulis:

Indomie generation
i have been seeing dis indomie generation thing and I want to understand something, what age do u term indomie generation? Indomie is about 30 something years old in Nigeria
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by Kestolove(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
mudiana:
wat did he enjoy?
na him babe dat yr na
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by briggson07(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
And dem girls thought they started the crop top movement
Re: Onyeka Onwenu At Wesley College, Massachusetts, USA, 1975 (Throwback Photo) by madjune(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
ziegurf:
....that's my Mom, I'm her only child/son.....Mom I love you, may your dayses be longatua and may you walk and never to stumbled....

Are you sure you're Onyeka's son?
It's really hard to believe judging from your poor written english.
Onyeka i knew from her broadcasting days through the 80s would have raised a more polished mind than your writing evinced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chioma Spotted At The Inauguration Of Davido's Uncle As Osun State Governor / Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) / Victor Osuagwu Pictured With Norsemen Confraternity Members In Ghana. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.