Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything (36312 Views)

APC Primaries: Lawan Is Buhari’s Choice – Daily Post / Ahmed Lawan Is The New Senate President / Buhari To Tell Danjuma Goje, Ndume: Lawan Is Apc Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by rusher14: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2019
Minjim:

Please, put APC and PDP palava aside.

I think it's time we call a spade a spade.

Further borrowing in not making any economic sense- that's the topic

And why doesn't it make sense?
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by Enwhen(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
Magicians:
If posterity should judge anything in Nigeria no living soul supporting PDP should exist after the 16 locust hears of retributions we are all paying for right now. Let your entire household always remember PDP ruined Nigeria to an extent Buhari Nigeria rejected thrice became the only option. If as a PDP supporter that isn't enough for you to die of remorse n regret I doubt anything in human existence can shame u.

Which PDP are you talking about ??.... Or u don't know the antecedents of most of the present APC members ??

Is that the reason why the APC borrowed in 3years more than what the PDP borrowed in 16years??.... If at all you don't have shame, at least look at the masses suffering... It will not be well with you people both the PDP and APC stealing the lives of the Nigerian masses... God purnish all of una , including u wey na peanut u eat from the money, thinder fire u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by IMRAAN33(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
rusher14:

Keep fooling yourself.

No more padded budgets.

No more delays.

Projects being executed.

If you are home for xmas I'm sure you saw the 2nd Niger bridge coming on strong.

Those going to Ibadan saw the rail tracks.

Those going to Kaduna from Abuja got on the rail line.

This is just a little above 4 years.

Tell us what 16 years of PDP gave us.

Sir, it's the debt aspect that is eating up the best of me...
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by Princedapace(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2019
rusher14:

Go and sit your butt down.

Or go to the senate to picket them.

Where were you when over 60 billion dollars was taken as loan pre-2015?

Maybe you are a teenager sha.

so becus it was done in the past, we should continue to do so? Can u see how soundless u sound? Why was pdp removed? U guys are so funny! U removed pdp for the same things apc is doing and u are justifying it! I mean, we could have all left pdp to continue na! Since apc will continue where pdp stopped!

shame!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by rusher14: 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2019
IMRAAN33:
Sir, it's the debt aspect that is eating up the best of me...

Why are we in debt?

How much is our debt?

What can we do about our debt?

What fraction of our debt today was inherited?
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by Just2endowed2(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
rusher14:

Keep fooling yourself.

No more padded budgets.

No more delays.

Projects being executed.

If you are home for xmas I'm sure you saw the 2nd Niger bridge coming on strong.

Duddish dude, who told you the budget of 2020 was not padded. It's because it was not that reported. Did you know how many billions the senate added to the budget that was brought forward?

1 Like

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by rusher14: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
Princedapace:

so becus it was done in the past, we should continue to do so? Can u see how soundless u sound? Why was pdp removed? U guys are so funny! U removed pdp for the same things apc is doing and u are justifying it! I mean, we could have all left pdp to continue na! Since apc will continue where pdp stopped!

shame!

Stop being sentimental.

How do you think productivity is boosted?

By wishing it to happen?

You were not unhappy about a 63 billion dollar debt when we should have been saving but you are unhappy about a potential 30 billion dollar debt because the people asking for it are not your choice.

You prefer the thieves that cant point to what they've done with 63 billion dollars but hate the ones that can show you what they've done with 15 billion dollars.
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by rusher14: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Duddish dude, who told you the budget of 2020 was not padded. It's because it was not that reported. Did you know how many billions the senate added to the budget that was brought forward?

I don't do rumours.

Provide evidence or stop quoting me.
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by jaxxy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
Magicians:
If posterity should judge anything in Nigeria no living soul supporting PDP should exist after the 16 locust hears of retributions we are all paying for right now. Let your entire household always remember PDP ruined Nigeria to an extent Buhari Nigeria rejected thrice became the only option. If as a PDP supporter that isn't enough for you to die of remorse n regret I doubt anything in human existence can shame u.

That’s probably true bt looking at the terrible job Apc is doing sofar from bad policies to in house fighting, power desperation, photocopying all bad vices of Pdp in electoral process, recession, abuse of power and disregard for court orders and then law, the economy still worse than where Jonathan left us. We indeed miss Pdp’s missrule or whatever as I call it.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by Yusman316(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

APC were voted to correct the misdoings of the previous administration, but they've only suceeded in making everything worst. Tell yourself the truth. Everything PDP was accused of, APC has done the same thing, and has done much worse
Chief remove Buhari, Osibanjo and Tinubu from APC then tell me what's the difference between the former PDP and the current APC, personnel wise

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by GoodGovernance: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2019
GamalNasser:
Our constitution never intended for the legislative arm of govt to be a mere rubber stamp of the executive but an independent arm of govt with the primary aim of directly representing the interest of the people and a deterrent to deter or checkmate the excesses of the Executive ..The Senate under Saraki played that role quite well but evil zombies accused him of stopping Buhari from succeeding in governance so now we have a senate that is now a ceremonial rubber stamp of not just the president but unelected members of the cabal .. Nigerias democracy has never been under greater threat than it is today

Stupidity is when you think independence means antagonism.

How does approval of a loan for the benefit of all Nigerians equate to rubber stamping.

Even the worst economists know that the loan is inevitable for Nigeria to develop infrastructure.

That is the only short term option available,other than immediate and unconditional increase in income tax.The long term option is to organically grow our revenue base.

Nigeria can not afford to wait for only the long term solution.Both short and long term options must go pari pasu.

Those who still think a lower debt burden with low infrastructure,is better than a high debt burden with high infrastructure,need their brain re-examined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by lexy2014: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2019
rusher14:

And Atiku is still paying you guys for your propaganda.

I heard its 18k these days on part time basis.

No be so?

What did atiku pay APC when they said this? Or is this still propaganda?

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by Yusman316(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
jaxxy:

That’s probably true bt looking at the terrible job Apc is doing sofar from bad policies to in house fighting, power desperation, photocopying all bad vices of Pdp in electoral process, recession, abuse of power and disregard for court orders and then law, the economy still worse than where Jonathan left us. We indeed miss Pdp’s missrule or whatever as I call it.

PDP didn't do any better than this APC economic wise. They simply enjoyed unprecedented oil revenue boom. Nothing more, nothing less

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by Sannisege: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
rusher14:

Keep fooling yourself.

No more padded budgets.

No more delays.

Projects being executed.

in fact no fuel scarcity and basterds are still wailing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by rusher14: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
lexy2014:

What did atiku pay APC before when they said this? Or is this still propaganda?

Another one of those on Atiku's payroll.

I'm sure he gave you Xmas bonus of 7K to make 25K that's why you are working over time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by djoey89: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hin face b like rubber self... jokes apart we are in big poo. The legislative and judiciary are puppet to the executive.. and we have till 2023 o... chou.. who send us major general o. Abi we fear say monkey and baboons will be soaked in blood?

1 Like

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by nascodamus(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
Are sure you are ok
rusher14:

Keep fooling yourself.

No more padded budgets.

No more delays.

Projects being executed.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by lexy2014: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
GoodGovernance:

How does approval of a loan for the benefit of all Nigerians equate to rubber stamping.

Even the worst economists know that the loan is inevitable for Nigeria to develop infrastructure.

Those who still think a lower debt burden with low infrastructure,is better than a high debt burden with high infrastructure,need their brain re-examined.

Pls help me explain this. Am sure u heard that this administration took delivery of $320m, proceeds from "Abacha loot". D govt said that it spent that free money by distributing it to d "poorest of d poor". A month after taking delivery of this money, d govt went to China to borrow a similar amount. Can u pls make sense of it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by rusher14: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
Sannisege:
in fact no fuel scarcity and basterds are still wailing

I'm just looking at all the follow follow we have in Nigeria.

PDP virtually had no opposition for 16 years but what did they give us?

They plunged us into a 63 billion dollar debt but no one said anything, even in times of oil boom.

Absolutely nothing to show for it.

When their double-agent Saraki was made Senate president they ensured no budget was ever passed earlier than 5 months after it had been proposed.

At the end, all we got was delays and their inevitable padding.

Ask them what can be done to improve the economy, they'll be the first to shout infrastructure. Na mouth dem take dey get infrastructure?

About rubber stamping, the HYPOCRITES are the same one saying Trump would not be removed by the Amerrican senate because they are in majority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by lexy2014: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
rusher14:

I'm sure he gave you Xmas bonus of 7K to make 25K that's why you are working over time.

Are u saying that APC is on atikus payroll because they said this?

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by rusher14: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2019
nascodamus:
Are sure you are ok

I'm certain.

Are you sure you are ok?
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by winterfell007(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
Colonelswitz101:

Intellectually incapacitated fool. U mean u are supporting APC for mismanaging our resources n disregarding the rule of law because u think PDP did worse wen in power n on that basis, their(APC) unending impunity is justified?? Me I have already lost hope in dis God forsaken country since it's obvious we have a majority of intellectually incapacitated folks like u littered on the streets n cyber space n always ready to defend misrule n tyranny...

I wonder why it took you this long to realize that Nigeria is a lost cause. It's doomed; beyond redemption...
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by lexy2014: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
rusher14:

That means that atiku gave Tinubu Xmas bonus that's y he said this, right?

https://dailypost.ng/2016/11/25/nigeria-needs-atiku-make-lives-meaningful-tinubu/
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by jaxxy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
Yusman316:

PDP didn't do any better than this APC economic wise. They simply enjoyed unprecedented oil revenue boom. Nothing more, nothing less

U think so.. what was the price of oil in obasanjo time?

Apc brought in a state of fear and panic, the business climate worsen for no reason just simply because of the harsh and unpredictable approach of Apc posture all in a bid to ridicule Pdp than develop the economy further. Now we are here and Ure blaming oil Prices. Oil prices without intelligence will solve nothing. We have had oil even b4 democracy. That is not Apc’s actually problem.
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by GoodGovernance: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
lexy2014:

Pls help me explain this. Am sure u heard that this administration took delivery of $320m, proceeds from "Abacha loot". D govt said that it spent that free money by distributing it to d "poorest of d poor". A month after taking delivery of this money, d govt went to China to borrow a similar amount. Can u pls make sense of it

Can you make sense of this also:

1. Neglect the poor,use $320m to develop long term infrastructure OR
2. Take care of the poor and borrow $320m to develop long term infrastructure at 1 % interest ate,with about 4 years moratorium.

Every sane country has a social intervention problem.

No money spent by a government internally ,is a waste.There is an economic multiplier effect of government internal spending.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by lexy2014: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Yusman316:

Chief remove Buhari, Osibanjo and Tinubu from APC then tell me what's the difference between the former PDP and the current APC, personnel wise

Does removing buhari, osinbajo & Tinubu from APC make APC more like PDP, better than PDP or worse than PDP?
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by lexy2014: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
GoodGovernance:

2. Take care of the poor and borrow $320m to develop long term infrastructure at 1 % interest ate,with about 4 years moratorium.

I don't no. U tell me. That's y I asked u d question in d first place
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by eedimo(m): 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
No longer interested in the affairs of the legislature.
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by kurupt1: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
lahizak:

U are a very big fool. How can u keep comparing d new govt to a past govt kicked out because of bad governance? U were able to bring out a handful of projects done with billions of dollars. Times 5 of the money spent on those projects had been embezzled. We are looking for ways to promote our country and retards like u keep encouraging bad governance. What do u tink will happened to the 25billion dollars that will be borrowed? Less than 30% of it will be spent on Nigeria, the remaining percentage will be shared by the politicians and their families. Putting the future generation in a huge debt. Do u sincerely tink that if the buhari led govt are forced to repay the loan before the end of their tenure, they will borrow such? Instead of u to join fellow nigerians in fighting for our future, u re here licking ass. Its not ur fault though, u probably a son or family to one of dos thieves milking us dry. Stupid ass
very stupid fool my brother.You nailed it
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by lexy2014: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Every sane country has a social intervention problem.

No money spent by a government internally ,is a waste.There is an economic multiplier effect of government internal spending.

So what social intervention was d $320m abacha loot spent on? What is d multiplier effect of that social intervention?
Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by Sannisege: 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
winterfell007:

I wonder why it took you this long to realize that Nigeria is a lost cause. It's doomed; beyond redemption...
it’s your father’s house and your generations unborn that are doomed and beyond redemption. Thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Is Just A ‘rubber’ Waiting To Stamp Anything by GamalNasser: 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
GoodGovernance:

That is the only short term option available,other than immediate and unconditional increase in income tax.The long term option is to organically grow our revenue base.

Nigeria can not afford to wait for only the long term solution.Both short and long term options must go pari pasu.

You and I know no infrastructure will be built with that loan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another Fallen Hero(picture) / Nigerians Have Updated Andrew Yakubu's Page; Special Thief, Business Crook Added / Buhari Presenting The N8.6trn Budget For 2018 To NASS (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.