Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car (59820 Views)

Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Private Car in 1979 (photo) / Lockdown: Makinde To Relax Curfew, Secretariat Reopens On Monday / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by victorogundepo0(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
Now I believe you can’t rule to please everybody

Ajimobi enter government, you complain

Same with Seyi makinde

I believe Seyi is still the best governor have seen so far in oyo state
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Cantonese: 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
Governor Makinde has 48 months in his first term. He has spent 7 months and people are comparing his tenure with Ajimobi. If Ajimobi/APC did well as said APC would have retained the governorship. The people of the state chose their preferred candidate on the basis of their experiences in the hands of the previous government.

The truth we need to know is that proper accountability, human capital development and infrastructure will retain a political party in a state for many years.

If Makinde is playing the populist card then in 4 years the electorate will decide. So he needs to be supported by the people of the state to get them to their places of happiness.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by 369digital: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
Many people obviously do not know what development means
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by barragan: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
grammarian247:

Don't mind those looking for roads and bridges. We are talking about paying teachers salaries as and when due. Coming up with policies that will alleviate poverty, they are looking for bridges up and down. I don't know much of what Ajimobi did, what I do know, however, is that GSM sounds very intelligent and visionary. He looks like a man who has a target

If you don't know what Ajimobi did especially in his first tenure I don't think you're qualified to hold this discussion.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by blowjohn(m): 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
RealSleek:

That’s the problem with you guys is that you think development is all roads and bridges.. even a brainless governor can do that.. ,in fact they need stupid projects to make themselves richer...how has that affected people’s life personally.. right now Oyo road is okay.. good policies that will alleviate poverty and improve lives for generations is what we need.

Ibadan has one of the best roads by Nigerian standards in the country.
U want to compare Ibadan roads to roads in Benin or delta or all the states in the east? Or cross river? Or lokoja?
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
dhestiney:
oshiomole has a University? Where did u get that from? What is the name of his university?
with your comment its obvious, you don't live in Nigeria and its Edo University , Iyamho. They would tell you it's state-owned but na lie. Edo has a state-owned university already named after the late Ambrose Ali. The whole world would soon know the arrangement behind edo university.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2019
Sterope:
You don't understand the level of corruption those guys are into. He may jot be able to build a uni but I am pretty sure he can afford to build a dozen of lecture theaters.

shocked
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by blowjohn(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2019
For decades, governor's have used roads and bridges and flyovers to blind Nigerians to the point that they don't know what else governance means except those structures.

Once ur voted in and u can build a flyover or bridge, ur the real deal.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by sammhi(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
Magicians:
This is what is called propanGandi e senior ganda.
Ode
What project are you expecting in 6 months of governance?
Ode !
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Bimpe29: 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
May Allah bless Engr Seyi Makinde
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Detolanny(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
RealSleek:

That’s the problem with you guys is that you think development is all roads and bridges.. even a brainless governor can do that.. ,in fact they need stupid projects to make themselves richer...how has that affected people’s life personally.. right now Oyo road is okay.. good policies that will alleviate poverty and improve lives for generations is what we need.
it shall be well with your generation. You get sense.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by MrBONE2(m): 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
Flier:
Imagine no tangible project on the list
He is investing money on e-warriors
Ajimobi constructed lot of roads and Bridges,this one is sharing the wealth

grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by bolubennie(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2019
backnbeta:
Good. I hope he'll fix the access roads within the city, especially odo ona/Orita and the roads off Akala Express undecided

I stay off Alao Akala expressway. Mhen, that road na die. You dare not board a bike through that road without turning all dirty before getting to your destination. I pray, he does something about the road.

People are lamenting hereembarassed
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by dhestiney(m): 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
fairfora:
with your comment its obvious, you don't live in Nigeria and its Edo University , Iyamho. They would tell you it's state-owned but na lie. Edo has a state-owned university already named after the late Ambrose Ali. The whole world would soon know the arrangement behind edo university.
so a state cannot have more than one university?
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by shadeyinka(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2019
Yebosola:

This is capitalist country, Makinde is another Fayose in the making, want to turn Oyo state to begging state, populist agenda without development will backfire big time, we are watching u closely.
Is development synonymous with bridges and flyovers or Empowerment and Job creation?
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by mashad(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
Cajal:
..GSM IS A MEDIAL GOVERNOR
NOTHING ON GROUND OTHER THEN LIGHTENING PART OF THE STREET, XMAS DECORATION
EVEN 13TH MONTH... AJIMOBI ALSO PAID THIS IN HIS FIRST 3 YRS BEFORE ECONOMIC MELTDOWN

The major problems with Nigerians is that even if he decides not to do anything, you will still have something to say...we are our own problem
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
dhestiney:
so a state cannot have more than one university?
. The state only has 30% stake while oshiomohle retains the remaining 70%. Anyone with the largest share in a company is in control of it.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Trezagezz: 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2019
RealSleek:

when I see reasonable ppl.. all I do is to vown respect them..
you are recognised n u have a medal for speaking truth maturedly...

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by dhestiney(m): 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2019
fairfora:
. The state only has 30% stake while oshiomohle retains the remaining 70%. Anyone with the largest share in a company is in control of it.
evidence?
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Yemi7up: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2019
Flier:
Imagine no tangible project on the list
He is investing money on e-warriors
Ajimobi constructed lot of roads and Bridges,this one is sharing the wealth
Ajimobi even paid the 13th month Salary. The man is just deceiving those that want to be deceived.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Yemi7up: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ajimobi paid the 13th month Salary, he should start working and stop deceiving those he is trying to impress.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by hush15: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
lilwetdick:

but that is nothing, states and some companies do it,

oyo state isnt london, oyo state cant even maintain and sustain a motor park talk less of a state

oyo state internl onthly revenue is just 2.7 billion
monthly federal allocation is just 4.2 billion

what does oyo produce nothin. the state is a dead state

Ehn ehn, I don get your time. you were sayin...

13th month na normal thing, that's sounding ungrateful and that's wrong mentality which is killing Nigeria. Oya tell me how many offer 13th month salaries. List them if you can. Not everybody cos it's not statutory but a gesture to appreciate and encourage workforce but Naija mentality, turning privilege to a right. How many governors offer 14th month? Buhari himself doesn't pay 13th month cos it's not constitutional and you claiming it's normal! Warn yasef....

Secondly, am not from Oyo state but I know that under western region, Oyo played a big role in modern Yoruba age. Oyo was a big producer of Agricultural products. While too much dependence on oil may have cos many step backs as with many other states, Oyo is still an industrial hub and can still be revive with good governance, the kind that's started with Seyi. Consistency is all that's required.

Oyo state revenue can be increased and will be increase with increasing the tax net and then creatively engaging the populace and giving value for their money. With proper planning, which I believe Seyi is doing so far, he will go far and pls let's encourage him
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by wengerman: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2019
governance should have human face and that is what gsm is showing us.how can u take away the livelihood of people without providing alternative.he is with the masses and may God bless him for this.he doesn't spend money on frivorities like official cars is another key achievement.very soon gsm will be the definition of good governance in nigeria
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by SaFree(m): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
This is how politians are meant to be.. At least even if you wan chop later nobody go put eye for your body..
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by aisha2008(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
My brother so far so good all what the media said is true not propaganda or pro pang and I.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by aisha2008(m): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Ajumobi paid 13th months for 3yrs in the first tenure.he also completed alot of infrastructural projects.when is seyi going to emulate ajumobi in delivering infrastructural projects.
I pity u, go and check five kilometer road constructed by Ajimobi or Ajirebi at OGBOMOSO, the state of that road is very bad and is the only project for 8 years
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Magicians: 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
The same Ibadan I lived several years after finishing from OSU ?!
fairfora:
I doubt if you know makinde. Go to Ibadan and find out about his good will 10 before he became governor. He's not a hungry man
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Magicians: 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
Tanker you mean to say not thinker.

segun18:

Rather brother .This Governor is a Thinker.He seems to know what he is doing.
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by Magicians: 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
The same cursed souls lambasting Sanwo as the pointing governor with the several medical center almost 3 now he inaugurated, boat terminals, completion of the last bridge stand for the Eko rail are here asking what we expect Makinde to do within 6 months as governor. It is glaring God must surely punish your entire household for daring to ask this question while you expect other to perform within the same period.

sammhi:

Ode
What project are you expecting in 6 months of governance?
Ode !
Re: Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car by habeesola(f): 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
OYO AND OSUN PLANNING LAUTECH DIVORCE

This is funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Moment President Buhari Was Received At Tokyo Airport, Japan (Pics) / Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.