Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD (41595 Views)

Tinubu Dangerous Brand Of Rent Seeking Politics And Impacts On Yoruba Muslims / A New Force Tries To Dismantle The Cabal In Aso Rock - The Nation / Osinbajo And The Aso Rock Cabal By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Dagrace01(m): 12:16am On Dec 24, 2019
Cherez:

Can you show us any anti-Tinubu comment here before the pro ones that was gross?
Nawaooooooooooo!
Take it easy, oga
I like the way u said this, I'm not here for Tinubu, as a matter of fact, I don't give a Bleep abt him. But the way ur guys react to anything concerning Tinubu is outta this world, Tinubu here, Tinubu there, damn! Is Tinubu our problem in Nigeria? We know our problem and we should face it squarely, why are we contemplating about the man who isn't in government.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Cherez: 2:31am On Dec 24, 2019
Dagrace01:
I like the way u said this, I'm not here for Tinubu, as a matter of fact, I don't give a Bleep abt him. But the way ur guys react to anything concerning Tinubu is outta this world, Tinubu here, Tinubu there, damn! Is Tinubu our problem in Nigeria? We know our problem and we should face it squarely, why are we contemplating about the man who isn't in government.
Answer the question, "Show me even on newspaper any anti-Tinubu stance by any Igbo man"?
No one is obsessed by Tinubu
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by NGpatriot: 2:38am On Dec 24, 2019
Cherez:

Answer the question, "Show me even on newspaper any anti-Tinubu stance by any Igbo man"?

You must be a JJC on NL.. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by NGpatriot: 2:54am On Dec 24, 2019
Cherez:

No one is obsessed by Tinubu[/quote]

[quote author=Cherez post=84936297]
Funny and you still support Tinubu?
Oga stop being a hypocrite, tell the truth

Presidency Uncovers Alleged Diversion Of Firs’s N40bn As ‘2019 Campaign Fund’

https://www.nairaland.com/5582879/presidency-uncovers-alleged-diversion-firss/1#84936297

This is you crying, lamenting and obsessing over Tinubu in a thread and Topic what wasn't even about Tinubu.

Hypocrite calling other people hypocrite..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Cherez: 2:59am On Dec 24, 2019
NGpatriot:

Presidency Uncovers Alleged Diversion Of Firs’s N40bn As ‘2019 Campaign Fund’

https://www.nairaland.com/5582879/presidency-uncovers-alleged-diversion-firss/1#84936297

This is you crying, lamenting and obsessing over Tinubu in a thread and Topic what wasn't even about Tinubu.

Hypocrite calling other people hypocrite..

Lol
Jobless man, Tinubu was passively mentioned but not discussed.
Oga, Tinubu is an influential politician though corrupt too.
I asked you a question and I guess grammar has become a problem for you not to understand the question, "Have you heard any Igbo politician or so discuss Tinubu?"
Guy, Tinubu in himself isnt a threat.
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by NGpatriot: 3:06am On Dec 24, 2019
Cherez:

Lol
Jobless man, Tinubu was passively mentioned but not discussed.
Oga, Tinubu is an influential politician though corrupt too.
I asked you a question and I guess grammar has become a problem for you not to understand the question, "Have you heard any Igbo politician or so discuss Tinubu?"
Guy, Tinubu in himself isnt a threat.

Look at this liar, the person you quoted in that thread was not talking about Tinubu and the topic was not Tinubu, but you jumped in to lament and obsessed over Tinubu even though the person you quoted did not mention Tinubu.

Tnubu is not a threat, but you can not eat, sleep, breath or exist without shouting his name from morning till night, even when the topic of discussion is not Tinubu, you people still manage to turn it into Tinubu obsession topic.

Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by MoIbrahim: 3:23am On Dec 24, 2019
madridsta007:

Ogbeni respond to Professor Kperogi abeg! undecided

If you can’t, no wahala. We understand. Bloody coward.

This your rant and insults are not about Kperogi, but about you and your deep seated hate. Be bold enough to tell yourself the truth. Dont hide behind him. Okay?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by AmuDimpka: 3:38am On Dec 24, 2019
mercyville:

Don't worry about under the staircase where you sleep,we won't revoke that.. grin

LoL...revoke Ilorin , Offa first before we can talk about going going gone Lagos

You have all the tribes to fight, the Hausa have taken Agege, the Igbo FESTAC side, the Benin Esan Egbeda side , the Ijaw the Ajegunle side

Can you fight these people ? Let's enjoy one Nigeria ...get used to that
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by NGpatriot: 3:39am On Dec 24, 2019
Cherez:

MASSOB accuses Tinubu of planning to revoke properties owned by Igbos

The leadership of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign
State of Biafra (MASSOB) has accused the former governor of Lagos State and National leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu of planing to revoke all properties owned by Ndigbo in Lagos.

The group made this known in a statement signed by the National Director of information, Comrade Edeson Samuel and obtained by DAILY POST in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State capital on Thursday.

https://www.africa-press.com/nigeria/all-news/massob-accuses-tinubu-of-planning-to-revoke-properties-owned-by-igbos

[b]MASSOB warns Tinubu against attacks, killing of Igbos in Lagos

The leadership of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign state of Biafra (MASSOB) on Monday warned the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and former governor of Lagos State, Alahaji Bola Tinubu against the sponsorship of thugs to attack and kill Igbos living in Lagos state. The group made this known [ ] 2019: MASSOB warns Tinubu against attacks, killing of Igbos in Lagos

https://nigeria.shafaqna.com/EN/AL/5791070[/b]

Ohanaeze blows hot, asks Tinubu to bury presidential ambition

Chuks Ibegbu, the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has asked the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, to shelve any ambition he is nursing for 2023 presidential election.

Ibegbu, who made the group’s position known, in an interview with reporters on Friday, in Umuahia, the Abia State capital, urged the ex-Lagos State governor to rather form a Non Governmental Organization (NGO), to assist poor Nigerians and democratise the wealth some of them accrued from the country.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/28/2023-ohanaeze-blows-hot-asks-tinubu-bury-presidential-ambition/

Tinubu obsession is not limited to you and your kind on NL, it's a collective and communal affair, the young, the old and the leaders all obsess, lament and cry over Tinubu.

The million-dollar question is why is Tinubu so prominent, so powerful, so influential, and so dominant in igbo land?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Cherez: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2019
NGpatriot:

[b]MASSOB warns Tinubu against attacks, killing of Igbos in Lagos

The leadership of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign state of Biafra (MASSOB) on Monday warned the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and former governor of Lagos State, Alahaji Bola Tinubu against the sponsorship of thugs to attack and kill Igbos living in Lagos state. The group made this known [ ] 2019: MASSOB warns Tinubu against attacks, killing of Igbos in Lagos

https://nigeria.shafaqna.com/EN/AL/5791070[/b]

Tinubu obsession is not limited to you and your kind on NL, it's a collective and communal affair, the young, the old and the leaders all obsess, lament and cry over Tinubu.

The million-dollar question is why is Tinubu so prominent, so powerful, so influential, and so dominant in igbo land?

Oh! Your efforts paid off.
I agree you got this, right. However, I meant discussion on his ambition and even at that non of these mentioned guys are Igbo politicians nor leaders.
There is no obsession of Tinubu cos without the North he is nothing in national politics.
What's the whole noise about him?
Yeah the gentle man is smart but he is still a regional champion.
Just pray to GOD the North accepts him come 2023 or better still advise him to allow PYO succeed PMB.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Cherez: 7:35am On Dec 24, 2019
NGpatriot:

Look at this liar, the person you quoted in that thread was not talking about Tinubu and the topic was not Tinubu, but you jumped in to lament and obsessed over Tinubu even though the person you quoted did not mention Tinubu.

Tnubu is not a threat, but you can not eat, sleep, breath or exist without shouting his name from morning till night, even when the topic of discussion is not Tinubu, you people still manage to turn it into Tinubu obsession topic.

Hypocrite.

One thing is that you lack understanding.
The guy claims the SW doesnt support corruption so I sighted the widely known one, which is oga BAT. So, what's the obsession and off-topic issue there?
Was I segalinks & Deju who discussed about the bullion van?
Oga, this obsession of Tinubu is on your minds.
See, you lack knowledge of the Igbo mans mind nor it's challenges; the North is while the SW is just supporting it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by madridsta007(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2019
MoIbrahim:

This your rant and insults are not about Kperogi, but about you and your deep seated hate. Be bold enough to tell yourself the truth. Dont hide behind him. Okay?

Ogbeni respond to Kperogi so we can read your response. Stop this cowardice.

Your deep-seated hate of the Igbo man whom you chose to respond to, despite not receiving a mention on Kperogi’s article, is what brought me here as I found it, as many did, ridiculous, diversionary, inane and downright silly.

Or does Kperogi have some Igbo lineage that we don’t know of?
I don’t care about Kperogi or his article. Or even the persons he wrote about; they don’t feed me. I’m concerned about your hate of a people unconnected to his article. I’m sure your friends and does who are close to you, if they are honest, are concerned too. You need help. And fast. Before you divert to talking about Ijaw or Trump or Putin instead of facing Kperogi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Kfed4ril(m): 9:24am On Dec 24, 2019
Magicians:
It is now official it is Tinubu that will STOP the Igbo tribe from making it to heaven, no obsession can be this addictive. This matter officially don pass be careful.

You’re the most stupid person on earth.
You saw the name of the author Farouk kporeegi and you still manage to bring Igbos into the discussion, what is the role of the Igbos in this write up now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by johntolu: 10:22am On Dec 24, 2019
Cherez:

Bros, read my comments and place it side-by-side yours and see the kind of attack some (yes some cos the Yorubas, Hausas and every human remain my darling) of you rain on the Igbos.
Imagine a thread from a non-Igbo and currently no single write up or interview by any Igbo elite on Tinubu, I mean none.
So, who sold you the creepy thing the Igbos are concerned about Tinubu?.
I grew up in the east & I tell you I hardly heard or know any gross of the Igbos against the Yorubas safe for the cresting of "betrayal". No hate of any kind.
On this thread alone, read objectively and you'll see who is attacking more. It makes no sense
Abraham's blessings are yours and more egbon

Thanks, 'Nwanne'.
I really appreciate your objectivity and sense of responsibility in all your responses and comments on this forum.
I agree with you that we are all influenced by the 'stories' and 'gists' passed on to us by our parents and society at large, during our formative years. You just shared a story passed on to you, while growing up in the East, that the Yorubas are 'betrayers', which implies that my tribe must have collectively betrayed your tribe at a point in our shared history or relationship.
I will appreciate if you could share the story line of the 'cresting of betrayal', that you were told by your people so that we can be informed and probably, give a response to the allegation.
The reason for this request is because I am not aware of any betrayal on the part of the Yoruba ethnic group against the Igbos in any form.
'Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it' - Uthman Dan Fodio (1754-1817).
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by MoIbrahim: 10:38am On Dec 24, 2019
Your problem is clear. Anyone that seems to play a tune you love you try to force it into rhyming with your deep seated bigotry; Atiku, Kperogi, FFK etc. Just anyone. You even forget their own ethnicity too. Just the way that you forget that Atiku is Fulani everyday. I pity you.

2023, your general hatred shall give you an ally

madridsta007:

Ogbeni respond to Kperogi so we can read your response. Stop this cowardice.

Your deep-seated hate of the Igbo man whom you chose to respond to, despite not receiving a mention on Kperogi’s article, is what brought me here as I found it, as many did, ridiculous, diversionary, inane and downright silly.

Or does Kperogi have some Igbo lineage that we don’t know of?
I don’t care about Kperogi or his article. Or even the persons he wrote about; they don’t feed me. I’m concerned about your hate of a people unconnected to his article. I’m sure your friends and does who are close to you, if they are honest, are concerned too. You need help. And fast. Before you divert to talking about Ijaw or Trump or Putin instead of facing Kperogi.
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by madridsta007(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Your problem is clear. Anyone that seems to play a tune you love you try to force it into rhyming with your deep seated bigotry; Atiku, Kperogi, FFK etc. Just anyone. You even forget their own ethnicity too. Just the way that you forget that Atiku is Fulani everyday. I pity you.

2023, your general hatred shall give you an ally

Ogbeni respond to Kperogi and stop this stylish deflection jare grin grin
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by MoIbrahim: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2019
madridsta007:

Ogbeni respond to Kperogi and stop this stylish deflection jare grin grin

Constantly using the word "ogbeni" won't ever change the shape of your head grin
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by madridsta007(m): 11:56am On Dec 24, 2019
MoIbrahim:

Constantly using the word "ogbeni" won't ever change the shape of your head grin

Ogbeni respond to Kperogi jare grin

If you can’t, we understand. But drag him. I didn’t write the article and honestly, I don’t know Kperogi to stand in for him grin undecided
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Cherez: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
johntolu:

Thanks, 'Nwanne'.
I really appreciate your objectivity and sense of responsibility in all your responses and comments on this forum.
I agree with you that we are all influenced by the 'stories' and 'gists' passed on to us by our parents and society at large, during our formative years. You just shared a story passed on to you, while growing up in the East, that the Yorubas are 'betrayers', which implies that my tribe must have collectively betrayed your tribe at a point in our shared history or relationship.
I will appreciate if you could share the story line of the 'cresting of betrayal', that you were told by your people so that we can be informed and probably, give a response to the allegation.
The reason for this request is because I am not aware of any betrayal on the part of the Yoruba ethnic group against the Igbos in any form.
'Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it' - Uthman Dan Fodio (1754-1817).
My guy, that betrayer tag sef I dont agree with it.
See, the Yorubas made a choice at the time for what's best for them and they prolly dont trust the Igbos so I see it not as betrayal but a choice of interest.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as the Yorubas have a way of playing their own politics; they put themselves first
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by johntolu: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2019
Cherez:

My guy, that betrayer tag sef I dont agree with it.
See, the Yorubas made a choice at the time for what's best for them and they prolly dont trust the Igbos so I see it not as betrayal but a choice of interest.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as the Yorubas have a way of playing their own politics; they put themselves first

Thanks for the clarification, Nwanne.
Coalition/Alliance between political parties is the norm worldwide. During the 1st & 2nd Republics the Yorubas decided to be anti Hausa-Fulani while the Igbo Nation deem it wise to be an ally of the same Hausa-Fulani. The actions of both ethnic groups now and in time past, is called 'self interest' and I do not think the Yoruba Nation owe any ethnic group an apology for our current political relationship with the North.
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Cherez: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2019
johntolu:

Thanks for the clarification, Nwanne.
Coalition/Alliance between political parties is the norm worldwide. During the 1st & 2nd Republics the Yorubas decided to be anti Hausa-Fulani while the Igbo Nation deem it wise to be an ally of the same Hausa-Fulani. The actions of both ethnic groups now and in time past, is called 'self interest' and I do not think the Yoruba Nation owe any ethnic group an apology for our current political relationship with the North.
See bros, history needs to be holistic and not told in bits.
Have you noticed the Igbos give more respect to Ojukwu than Pa Zik?
Zik was a nationalist and hardly for the Igbos. Remember when the coup happened ad after?
Zik was entirely against session insisting on negotiation when thousands of Igbos were slaughtered up North, while Ojukwu insisted that if the massacre of Igbos continued, he'd draw a line.
If there was a coalition between the Igbos & the North, why was Sar'duana insisting he'd rather employ a foreigner than an Igbo man?
Bros, animosity between the Igbos & Hausa-Fulani no be today and they can never align politically cos the politics of the North thrives on elitism while that of the Igbos is premised on communalism. So, how can an Igbo man bend to an elite who only gives him freebies while he keeps offering his loyalty?
The alliance you so believed was by Zik and some of his allies void of the Igbo man's interest.
The Igboman has no herd mentality like the Hausas & Yorubas.
See, Ojukwu lost elections in Igboland, the man understood his people, didnt take it personal and moved on. Can Awo loose elections in Yorubaland?
And this is why the Hausas & Yoruba elites ain't in sync with the Igbos cos their elites cannot get same loyalty from Igbos as they get from their people.
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by johntolu: 5:44am On Dec 25, 2019
Cherez:

See bros, history needs to be holistic and not told in bits.
Have you noticed the Igbos give more respect to Ojukwu than Pa Zik?
Zik was a nationalist and hardly for the Igbos. Remember when the coup happened ad after?
Zik was entirely against session insisting on negotiation when thousands of Igbos were slaughtered up North, while Ojukwu insisted that if the massacre of Igbos continued, he'd draw a line.
If there was a coalition between the Igbos & the North, why was Sar'duana insisting he'd rather employ a foreigner than an Igbo man?
Bros, animosity between the Igbos & Hausa-Fulani no be today and they can never align politically cos the politics of the North thrives on elitism while that of the Igbos is premised on communalism. So, how can an Igbo man bend to an elite who only gives him freebies while he keeps offering his loyalty?
The alliance you so believed was by Zik and some of his allies void of the Igbo man's interest.
The Igboman has no herd mentality like the Hausas & Yorubas.
See, Ojukwu lost elections in Igboland, the man understood his people, didnt take it personal and moved on. Can Awo loose elections in Yorubaland?
And this is why the Hausas & Yoruba elites ain't in sync with the Igbos cos their elites cannot get same loyalty from Igbos as they get from their people.

The North were willing to secede from Nigeria Federation in 1953 but Azikiwe was the one that begged Northern leaders to change their minds for reasons best known to him. It is also not true that that Azikiwe did not play any role during the Biafran secession bid. He was in fact the spokesman for the Biafran government and an adviser to Ojukwu before he switched allegiance to Nigeria when reality dawned on him.
You might want to take a look at the link below, to read Azikiwe's statement pleading with the North not to secede from Nigeria in 1953.

https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

Wikipedia
National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons
The National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC), was a Nigerian political party from 1944 to 1966, during the period leading up to independence and immediately following independence.

Foundation
Pre-independence
Post-independence Edit
After Nigeria's independence, Azikiwe was Governor-General (1960-1963) and President (1963-1966). In 1966, a military coup ended Azikiwe's term as president, and the NCNC dissolved in the following turmoil. The NCNC was accused by its adversaries of focusing overly on the interests of the Igbo population. By the late 1940s, the remnant of the Nigerian Youth Movement, now effectively a western Nigeria political organization, had decided to support the Action Group accusing the NCNC of ethnic imperialism. However, the western opposition needed to tactically rev up local sentiments as its base was made up of local elites who depended little on nationalistic sentiment but on the local economic and political activity in their various towns and cities. During the Biafran war of secession, Azikiwe became a spokesman for the republic and an adviser to its leader, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, before switching allegiance back to Nigeria and publicly appealing to Ojukwu to end the war.
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by Cherez: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2019
johntolu:

The North were willing to secede from Nigeria Federation in 1953 but Azikiwe was the one that begged Northern leaders to change their minds for reasons best known to him. It is also not true that that Azikiwe did not play any role during the Biafran secession bid. He was in fact the spokesman for the Biafran government and an adviser to Ojukwu before he switched allegiance to Nigeria when reality dawned on him.
You might want to take a look at the link below, to read Azikiwe's statement pleading with the North not to secede from Nigeria in 1953.

https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/1953-nnamdi-azikiwe-speech-secession/

Wikipedia
National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons
The National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC), was a Nigerian political party from 1944 to 1966, during the period leading up to independence and immediately following independence.

Foundation
Pre-independence
Post-independence Edit
After Nigeria's independence, Azikiwe was Governor-General (1960-1963) and President (1963-1966). In 1966, a military coup ended Azikiwe's term as president, and the NCNC dissolved in the following turmoil. The NCNC was accused by its adversaries of focusing overly on the interests of the Igbo population. By the late 1940s, the remnant of the Nigerian Youth Movement, now effectively a western Nigeria political organization, had decided to support the Action Group accusing the NCNC of ethnic imperialism. However, the western opposition needed to tactically rev up local sentiments as its base was made up of local elites who depended little on nationalistic sentiment but on the local economic and political activity in their various towns and cities. During the Biafran war of secession, Azikiwe became a spokesman for the republic and an adviser to its leader, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, before switching allegiance back to Nigeria and publicly appealing to Ojukwu to end the war.
Bros, read my words and read yours, see your approach.
I quote you, "The North were willing to secede from Nigeria Federation in 1953 but Azikiwe was the one that begged Northern leaders to change their minds FOR REASONS BEST KNOW TO HIM."
You ain't being objective with your argument.
You yourself posted Zik's speech and I quote him, "As one who was born in the North, I have a deep spiritual attachment to that part of the country, but it would be a capital political blunder if the North should break away from the South. The latter is in a better position to make rapid constitutional advance, so that if the North should become truncated from the South, it would benefit both Southerners and Northerners who are domiciled in the South more than their kith and kin who are domiciled in the North."
Like I said earlier, "Zik is seen by many Igbo men as a nationalist than an Igbo man".
Be humble enough to read this please
https://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/sunday-trust/20151115/281487865242785 or https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-role-in-the-civil-war-by-zik.html
From Zik:
A part of it, Then something happened. Some of his advisers felt that I was becoming a victim of compromise and that I was a bad influence. That all I was trying to do was to make Biafra impotent. They told Ojukwu that Biafra was holding its own militarily. And why should we want a peace conference? That he should be very, very careful with me, especially as an Onitsha man because they thought that I was using him as a means to give publicity for myself internationally and that time will come when people will look more to me than to himself. Well, as a young man, human, he fell for such flattery. I don’t want to mention all the names, but particularly influential in swinging his opinion at that material time was Mr. C. C. Mojekwu, WHO WAS BASED IN (understand Zik's subtlety suggesting Mojekwu was elsewhere faraway claiming Biafra was doing well) Lisbon. Then Mr. Matthew Mbu was our Commissioner for External Affairs and he himself did as much as possible, but then he realized that he was having someone who has power of life and death over everybody. So, we went to Addis Ababa and on the night before the conference, Matthew came to my bedroom at about 10 in the night. He said, “Do you know that all we have done, this man is going to undo them tomorrow?’ I said ‘No’. Then he brought out a printed version of a long speech. The world press said it lasted for 90 minutes. He [Ojukwu] went back on everything we discussed. He attacked the United Kingdom, the United States, the Soviet Union – all the nations of the world and the OAU, and said that they were misleading us and that the sovereignty of ‘Biafra’ was not negotiable. We went to the conference. I sat next to him. I thought that he was going to speak in accordance with the spirit of Niamey. But he spoke for 90 minutes and he just got the whole place upside down(Zik kept blaming Ojukwu for it and at this point Zik left Biafra till the negotiation for arms up as against your claim that he decided to switch cos ..)
You are claiming Zik was for Biafra and reneged when he saw things turn around?
Read this interview and see how Zik subtly rubbished Ojukwu.
Zik was never a man of aggression, out of the 3 founding fathers, he was more peaceful, quiet & prolly weakest (the last is my opinion).
Zik never wanted Biafra but Ojukwu & every other Igbo man wanted Biafra. Ojukwu and co became suspicious of Zik and called his efforts bluff.
And this is where the communalism xter of the Igbo man is disadvantageous.
If Ojukwu had listened to Zik, Zik would have drained the sentiments of the world to Biafra against Ojukwu's anger and priding on the current success of the Biafran soldiers leading the world to the side of the Nigerian forces.
Bros, read and get your opinion and not the cliche they sold you.
Re: Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD by maestro299: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
Lol. This didn't age well...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: I Will Fight For A Better Society Through My Movie Roles / See Why Buharis Asset Declaration Is A Deception / The Policeman That Shot Opeyemi Bamidel Is Not Fake But On Illegal Duty - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.