Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 (36154 Views)

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day / How To Earn N1,500 To Up To N35,000 Weekly From Branch Loan App / Breaking News: Cbn Slashes Banks’ Atm Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by obembet(f): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2019
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Sunday reduced the withdrawal fee charged for the use of other banks’ Automated Teller Machines from N65 to N35.

The N35 ATM fee according to the CBN should be imposed on customers after the third withdrawal within one month.

The new directive is part of the major highlights of the new Guide to Bank Charges released by the CBN on Sunday.

Source: https://punchng.com/cbn-slashes-banks-atm-withdrawal-fee-from-n65-to-n35/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Bewiseedet(m): 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2019
Good development

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by GOFRONT(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2019
How about POS charges??

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
There shouldn't be any charges in the first place lipsrsealed

300 Likes 13 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Trustme2(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Systrom(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
Zero charges, then we can clap for them

148 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by obembet(f): 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
sassysure:

This slashing is called corruption; because they're trying to ease the tension that would surely rise in January when tax will reach to climax in the country. So I really don't care!

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by obembet(f): 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by itsme01: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
cool

Nigerians would still complain after a while... but this is great i hope this wont force banks to reduce ATM location to save cost incured on managing the machine

since the introduction of the 65 naira charges ATM centers have being increased astronomically with private business centers and shopping malls having functional ATM, i pray we dont go back to days of where out of 10 ATM machines on a block only 2 would dispense, while some places ATM wouldnt even have power and no bank official would be willing to come

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by ainas247: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
grin grin shocked Nice one,
some banks would not like this...

I am SEO expert
I will rank your website on Search engine
chat up now

4 Likes

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by yanabasee(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
Finally..... pheww

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by toffyz(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ope oooooooooooooo
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Gentlemanforyou: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ope ooo at last they did something good for common pipu like me way somebody cannor have #1040 in peace and want to withdraw , then you become mathematician and be looking for paga.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by olaboy33(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Mikkyjay17(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nonsense Ingredients!

I'm of the opinion that was used to appease the public burden of tax initiated by this 'democratic pose military regime'

Perhaps it's guarantee is pointless.

Radarada!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Daniel058(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Which spirit enter Dem so?

Probably they have scamming plan B .

That $29b loan, all of us go pay am

Next level!!! of Wickedness

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Akposy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Good news!!!

They should also reduce the charges on interbank transfer.

Compliments of the season. May this season bring us continuous joy and victory!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Lovelies1: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Cool

Scientific define Plastic that do extreme

https://nevoon..com/2019/12/extreme-plastic.html
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by iamawara(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
You dornt knorw wharris going on..... They are about to introduce another bomb to hit customers..... Nothing positive from this government that would be of benefit to a common man. Una go pay am in one way or the other

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by CzarChris(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
Finally some good news, but why do I have this gut feeling that whenever government gives a largesse like this one, there is a monstrous monumental disaster luking somewhere in the shadows.

Well, what do I even know? Only time will tell.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Sylraph1: 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
We lwish things would be more like THIS......

KUDOS TO CBN FOR THIS.....
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by healthserve(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Halleluyah. Push it down further CBN so these undeserving systemic fraud would discontinue. With all the billions declared quarterly bank workers aren't treated any better than shop attendants..

That's the next thing to look into, the casualization of bank workers and its substandard treatment of its workers.

Given that many banks now have vast branches overseas, they should be subjected to applying global standard practices in their engagements, especially in service delivery and staff management

I use this opportunity to tell Nigerians to reject the normalcy of suffering, one, drop comments on all your banks twitter and other social media handles telling them to have sheds not just over the atm machines but also for the queue. Yes, the monies deducted should also be used judiciously.

Also, post comments on all social media handles instructing banks to have atleast 6 to 8 atm machines with at least 80% functional at all times to deal with the ever growing need for fast cash wothdrawal

Time to consider POS machine for all transportation needs so people can move around swiftly

I like to call out all Nigerians that aren't tired of suffering or are rather comfortable with bad service that refuse to demand better treatment. I am constantly embarrassed by the large crowd I see at Gtbank Ojodu Branch atm machines on a daily. The machines at this branch was increased from three to about 3/4 machines just a couple of years ago, to my greatest surprise the larger amount of dispensing machines led to negligence as in the past two years I walk by there's always massive crowd and atleast 50% of these machines not dispensing. My problem is this, Nigerians used to bad treatment for not going to the social media handles of this bank to make complains to this effect, two, the bank for not doing enough to make services less stressful for its customers. The view walking by each time I pass is nauseating. Nigerians wake up and press demands for good services but from public and private sector organizations

Let's stop normalising bad service delivery

Disclaimer : I almost never use this atm Centre, but find it an eyesore watching people standing under intense heat of the sun daily to access their own funds. Why can't bank cover the entire front with protective sun covering and offer better services. Call out your banks guys

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by davidodiba(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hmmm...a little breathe of fresh air at least
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by zeusdgrt(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
35 naira na still money

2 Likes

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Pidginwhisper: 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
it means something worse is coming. If you know, you know grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by Lastanza: 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
Good move but total removal should be the right thing. U can't be preaching cashless economy and at the same time be raping us in the process.

Total removal of all this charges is the easiest answer to cashless economy.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by chigoziri2403(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nice decision

2 Likes

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by olaboy33(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
obembet:

This slashing is called corruption; because they're trying to ease the tension that would surely rise in January when tax will reach to climax in the country. So I really don't care!

What a skewed mentality!

What's really with Nigerians and negativity..

3 Likes

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by BrutusOj(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
sassysure:
At all. We pay for card maintenance, yet pay for transaction again. Only in Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by studentofTruth: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
Who knows about these people?
https://www.nodcredit.com/
Great idea but appears like a fraudulent scheme run by these good-for-nothing people to gain access to people's account. If only these evil people can use their ideas for something useful
Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by money121(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
Sakamaje Change

What of the New #50 charges on POS

2 Likes

Re: CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 by obajoey(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ogbeni remove am completely.
I know they can't do that. Imagine 65 x 100,000,00million people let's say in a month.
They stylishly reduced to 35

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammed Indimi & Daughter, Adama Cry At Their Birthday Party In Spain / What Was Your Initial Seed Capital? / Kuda Bank Is A Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.