Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano (21012 Views)

Governor Ganduje Vs Emir Sanusi: The Battle Continues / Ganduje Vs Sanusi: Abdulsalami Abubakar Chairs Reconciliatory Committee / Spot The Difference Ganduje Vs Kwankwaso Bridge In Kano. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Islie: 7:09pm On Dec 22, 2019
* The Intervention Is Important, Timely – Emirate

* We Don’t Know What They’re Up To – Govt

The Northern Elders Forum has launched a peace effort to Kano State, with a view to ending the prolonged misunderstanding between Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and Emir of Kano Malam Muhammad Sanusi.

The Forum will lead eminent personalities from the North to meet with elders, leaders and other stakeholders, with a view to finding a lasting solution to the lingering crisis.

Daily Trust on Sunday learnt that the Forum had already sent invitations to eminent personalities in the region for the planned meeting, scheduled to hold today at Tahir Guest Palace, Kano.

Our correspondent also gathered that dignitaries have started arriving Kano for the scheduled meeting.

In one of such letters addressed to Walin Kano, Alhaji Mahe Bashir Wali, a copy of which was obtained by Daily Trust on Sunday, the Forum indicated that its members would also interact with Governor Ganduje and Emir Sanusi.

The letter, signed by the Forum’s chairman, Professor Ango Abdullahi, further stated that they were deeply worried by the current dimension taken by the misunderstanding between the emir, Ganduje and a section of Kano elders.

“The crisis, we are afraid, is pregnant with unforeseen circumstances that ultimately threaten the integrity of the entire Kano traditional institution, overall peace and security of the state, and by extension, the cohesion of the northern region.

“It is our hope that this intervention would finally get to the root of the matter and find a lasting solution with mutual understanding and respect so that the state can move on,” the letter concluded.

The letter did not give names of the eminent northern personalities on the entourage.
When contacted, Walin Kano, Alhaji Mahe Bashir Wali, confirmed the receipt of the letter, but said he could not attend the meeting because of his health condition.

“I have received the invitation. I personally told Professor Abdullahi that I would not make it to the meeting because of the condition of my health.

“However, I wish them the best. The meeting is important, not only to the personalities involved but to the traditional institution, the state and the northern region.

“The team will first meet on its own, then interact with invited personalities before meeting with the governor and the emir separately. It is after they meet with the two leaders separately that they will meet with them together when the need arises.

“There is no way the team can succeed in their efforts to reconcile the two leaders without hearing from each of them in a separate meeting before meeting them together.

“I am in support of this effort because the Kano traditional institution and the state in general are being affected negatively by this crisis, and unless something is done to address the problem, it will not augur well for the state and the northern region as well,” Wali said.

The Walin Kano added that although Emir Sanusi was not in town, he would return to the state in order to meet with the team as scheduled by the Forum.

Contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ganduje, Abba Anwar, said the Kano State Government was not aware of any meeting with any group regarding the issue of creation of new emirates in the state.

“We didn’t receive any letter from anybody, not to talk of what will be the subject of discussion. We don’t know what they are up to.

“All we know is that we have our law establishing our newly created first class emirates of Bichi, Karaye, Rano and Gaya. And we have since started implementing the law. It is as simple as ABC.

“Our new emirates have come to stay. Anybody that is thinking of influencing us to go back to the drawing board on this law is only doing that for the fun of it. We repeat, our first class emirs have come to stay,” Anwar said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ganduje-vs-sanusi-northern-elders-lead-peace-mission-to-kano.html
Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by helinues: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hmmmm

I am shaking my head for Ganduje.. After his tenure as governor, he may go into political oblivion in Kano cos it is obvious he has stepped on so many toes.

Life after service should be a reminder to our politicians

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by crownwealth: 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
They should fight to death. Ko’kan’aiye!

14 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by healthserve(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
I feel sorry for Ganduje. After his tenure, I doubt if he won't have problems everywhere

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by crownwealth: 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Hmmmm

I am shaking my head for Ganduje.. After his tenure as governor, he may go into political oblivion in Kano cos it is obvious he has stepped on so many toes.

[/s]

Irrelevant gibberish!

6 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by itsme01: 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
cool

Sanusi finally met his match , now the hypocrite bows

when PDP brought Sanusi to CBN they did that with purest of heart and Sanusi soon turned himself to fake news monger in other to bite Jonathan's fingers by accussing Jonathan of stealing $50 billion USD. when GEJ decided to jail him , it was Tinubu and Pastor Osinbajo that saved him by getting an injuction and challenging the legality of his suspension, while Kano emirate decided to Crown him so as not to go to jail

Imediately he got crowned and APC became ruling party, he again started running his mouth and trying to bring APC down in Kano and Federal level sprewing out unclaimed allegation that Buhari's family got dollars at subsidised rate from CBN to re sell it.. pointing out Aisha Buhari and Garba Shehu as if they werent entitled to estacode forex

Now APC are showing him that not everyone is as stupid as Jonadulll, you try shiit you get the soak away

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by vanida6: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
abeg no body should separate dis fight grin I love it like dis

world war3!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
helinues:
Hmmmm

Continue deceiving yourself.
Political oblivion my foot.
Ganduje is not a coward .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Hienna(m): 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
smiley
Drama everyday...
Inside AC news...
Listening and commenting inside sun...
Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
Sanusi deserves what he is getting

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Bolatitto56: 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
This is getting more serious

1 Like

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by tonididdy(m): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
Not surprised the disrespect to the throne... Obviously it was a case of the highest bidder

... This nansense cannot happen on the throne of the Oba of Benin Kingdom, the governor will just run mad in office.

9 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by itsme01: 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
cool
Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by obembet(f): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
Thier problem, I don't care

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Dpaulie(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ganduje will soon drag kane tradition into mud, it's not a fight against emir but against that throne
Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by tete7000(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
Sanusi personality does not fit the traditional office he occupies. He shouldn't have ventured into that role. Even if a new governor comes in, he is likely still going to have the same problem. A traditional ruler is expected to be docile and dance to the tune of the political governor, he can't be a vocal critic like Sanusi. You can't bite the finger that feeds you. It won't work. The constitution places the traditional stool under the governor.

16 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Sunnycliff(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
None have the interest of the masses at heart....they should do as it pleases them

5 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by studentofTruth: 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Who knows about these people?

https://www.nodcredit.com/

Great idea but appears like a fraudulent scheme run by these good-for-nothing people to gain access to people's account. If only these evil people can use their ideas for something useful

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by englishmart(m): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
No peace for the wicked

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by babyfaceafrica: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
tonididdy:
Not surprised the disrespect to the throne... Obviously it was a case of the highest bidder

... This nansense cannot happen on the throne of the Oba of Benin Kingdom, the governor will just run mad in office.

Hahahaha.. Why didn't the white men who banished the then ọba of Benin(Oba Ovonramwen,) rún Man?.. Kip deceiving yourself

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by MEGAWATCH: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
crownwealth:
[s][/s]

Irrelevant gibberish!

Is this your views? please give us your own view, that the procedure for a forum discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by nini007(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2019
Then he should remove Sanusi now. That's his biggest enemy.
Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by dapsoneh: 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2019
LOTS OF DAMAGES HAVE BEEN DONE ALREADY

Re: Ganduje VS Sanusi: Northern Elders Lead Peace Mission To Kano by Antara0503(m): 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Hahahaha.. Why didn't the white men who banished the then ọba of Benin(Oba Ovonramwen,) rún Man?.. Kip deceiving yourself
hmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout The Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Allison-Madueke's Son Ugonna In The US(Pics / Raid On Edwin Clark’s Home Illegal, Officers Detained - Police / Best And Worst Performing Governors In North Central Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.