Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? (10080 Views)

Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) / Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 3:42am On Nov 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

correction -- a lot of Baggage.

Fashola has made it clear that he has no intentions of running.

Then we need to launch a campaign to draft him. DraftFashola.com? Your country needs you! smiley
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 3:45am On Nov 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

correction -- a lot of Baggage.

Fashola has made it clear that he has no intentions of running.

Even if he were to be interested in running
I still do not understand how Fashola would help/enhance Buhari''s candidacy

Either ways ACN is badluck
You cannot become the president using ACN as a platform; the whole "we sucked Awo's dick" isnt going to fly anywhere beyond the SW.

Atiku tried it, he failed woefully.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Nov 30, 2010
Fashola is not the man for the job!
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 3:47am On Nov 30, 2010
igbobuigbo  , what do you mean. I can become the president of Nigeria, in a free and fair election. I am favour to become the president of Nigeria, than any of this people based on the politics of Nigeria. In a free and fair election. I would win.

Let me tell you the reason. I have been saying make the north majority. We have satellite pictures. And the united nation has just told you that kano is 4 million. I know the politics of Nigeria. The north would not agree. The north would agree with my plan.

I am the only candidate with the intention of making the north majority. And I am also Yoruba. And I would get the Yoruba vote(OPC  would support me) and the Northerners have no choice to  vote for me and been president and make the north majority.  If the north dont vote for me, they would end up minority.
OPC agree with my plan.

Nuhu Ribadu want to keep the north  a minority.

Jonathan want to keep the north  a minority.

Atiku want to keep the north  a minority.

Pat utomi  want to keep the north  a minority.
IBB  want to keep the north  a minority.

Becomrich want to make the north majority.

You can go and ask northerners if they would not vote for me, if I make them majority. You dont know nigeria politics. If you know nigeria politics. You would not say so.

It is expensive  to run and nigeria has too many villages, town.

I would have love to help the northerners.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 3:48am On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

You cannot become the president using ACN as a platform; the whole "we sucked Awo's manliness" isnt going to fly anywhere beyond the SW.

I disagree. If the PDP alienates GEJ and the Ijaws, then the presidency is ripe for the taking with a Buhari/Fashola ticket. Why will GEJ help them rig elections if they won't let him be president, for example?

Atiku failed because nobody likes or trusts him. If you are a northerner, you'll vote anybody halfway decent over him. Buhari >>>> Atiku in the North.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 3:56am On Nov 30, 2010
It is hard to run a muslim /muslim ticket in nigeria.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 3:56am On Nov 30, 2010
igbobuigbo:

You, Hitler himself, calls me a tribalist? Wonders shall never end.

Yes, you are a tribalist
Arent we all?

BTW, It is "wonders shall never cease," not "wonders shall never end."
What can you do without me? And be extension, what can the Igbo race do without the Yoruba race
Think about it.

Anyway, on a more serious note, why did Ojuyobo allow Igbokwe to be ACN head in Lagos?
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by igbobuigbo: 4:04am On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

Yes, you are a tribalist
Arent we all?

BTW, It is "wonders shall never cease," not "wonders shall never end."
What can you do without me? And be extension, what can the Igbo race do without the Yoruba race
Think about it.

Anyway, on a more serious note, why did Ojuyobo allow Igbokwe to be ACN head in Lagos?
Wonders shall never end is simply a naija lingo. So you have nothing to correct me about that. It is like correcting me from saying naija to Nigeria. And no, the question is, what can Igbos do with a race ably led by Tinubu, a renown a drug pusher/money launderer/murderer and certificate forger all rolled in one?
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 4:04am On Nov 30, 2010
DapoBear:

I disagree. If the PDP alienates GEJ and the Ijaws, then the presidency is ripe for the taking with a Buhari/Fashola ticket. [b]Why will GEJ help them rig elections if they won't let him be president, for example?[/b]Atiku failed because nobody likes or trusts him. If you are a northerner, you'll vote anybody halfway decent over him. Buhari >>>> Atiku in the North.

lol
Very funny

Rigging of election is not a one man job
You need to have the machinery in place to rig
I doubt GEJ even knows how to rig, that is where OBJ comes in

GEJ is just a pawn in all of this, he really does not matter
Trust me GEJ won't win his ward
The guy is just there because someone has to be there.

Alienating GEJ does not mean you alienate the ijaws
Alienate GEJ, just look for another Ijaw man, and there are many Ijaws willing to take his post. It is their one time in 40 years opportunity. All you need is a warm blood from Ijaw.
Moreover Ijaws arent really significant in the scheme of things

OBJ alienated Atiku, that did not change his standing with the powers that be.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 4:05am On Nov 30, 2010
In nigeria, what they do is run a christain/muslim or muslim/christain
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by reporter1: 4:10am On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

You cannot become the president using ACN as a platform; the whole "we sucked Awo's manliness" isnt going to fly anywhere beyond the SW.

Fashola brings a lot to the table. He is very popular amongst progressives, a lot of people like him for the job he is doing in Lagos.
Buhari is very popular in the North, without rigging, Buhari will flog any candidate in the North.

On issue of  AC, Nigerians still vote party line, AC will sweep SW, Edo, Kwara. Given these circumstances, Buhari can win it all!
If Buhari wins, expect to see progressives from all regions to play active role. I have confidence in Buhari than the rest of the lot. Ribadu would get my vote if he were to
run though.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by DapoBear(m): 4:14am On Nov 30, 2010
Becomrich}:

In nigeria, what they do is run a christain/muslim or muslim/christain

Westernized Muslims are fine. I can vote for a Muslim/Muslim ticket like that. It isn't as if Fashola or Tinubu are religious zealots, sharia proponents, etc. In fact, it is hard for me to think of any nutcase Yoruba Muslims. I've never met or heard of any, though I guess they have to be some somewhere in the world.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 4:19am On Nov 30, 2010
No. you can not pair a muslim / and a muslim. They dont do that in nigeria.

Even Tinubu is out of it. Most people are not going to vote for him. He has problem already.

And who told you a southerner can not be president. Why cant the north wait.

A southerner can be president, why must it be a northerner. Where did you get that in the books.

If a northerner becomes president, there would be civil war in Nigeria.

Look Yar adua use 3 years, are you saying another north would come and use 8 years. You are not serious. It is not possible. There would be war. I have told you  what to do.

what it mean, is that northerners would use 11 years. it is not possible.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 4:19am On Nov 30, 2010
reporter?:

Fashola brings a lot to the table. He is very popular amongst progressives, a lot of people like him for the job he is doing in Lagos.
Buhari is very popular in the North, without rigging, Buhari will flog any candidate in the North.

On issue of  AC, Nigerians still vote party line, AC will sweep SW, Edo, Kwara. Given these circumstances, Buhari can win it all!
If Buhari wins, expect to see progressives from all regions to play active role. I have confidence in Buhari than the rest of the lot. Ribadu would get my vote if he were to
run though.

Kwara is firmly in the grips of Saraki
Kwara votes for whomever Saraki wants them to vote for

I dont buy the crap that Kwara will vote AC, they never voted for AG, and did not vote for AD, why would they vote AC
Not sure if Ogun will vote AC overwhelmingly
OGD is not a novice
Also, OYO and Osun, not sure if they will go with AC all the way.

AD won Oyo and Osun because of Bola Ige, now he is gone, and there is no one like him around
Bisi Akande is not well liked in Osun
and the other old guy from Oyo, the former goevernor, is not that articulate

Anyway, Tinubu can only do so much!
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 4:23am On Nov 30, 2010
Kwara would vote for me. I am 100% confident. 1000% self confident of this.

Do you see the name of Tinubu on the ACN list, go to their website. You cant find Tinubu name there. What does that tell you.  Akande is in control.

Why do you think fashola has been dissociating himself from tinubu ,  Because fashola is not ready to loss the election. So he does not want tinubu to pull him down. He has been saying I dont know this person call Tinubu, I have never seen him before or even heard of the name. he is just been smart.

Watch fashola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPgJttYFIws&feature=player_embedded

Who do you think help ACN to get back Ekiti and Osun state. Do you think is Tinubu, NO. I know who is behind it. I dont want to tell you, what went behind.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by reporter1: 4:40am On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

I dont buy the crap that Kwara will vote AC, they never voted for AG, and did not vote for AD, why would they vote AC
OGD is not a novice
Also, OYO and Osun, not sure if they will go with AC all the way.

AD won Oyo and Osun because of Bola Ige, now he is gone, and there is no one like him around
Bisi Akande is not well liked in Osun
and the other old guy from Oyo, the former goevernor, is not that articulate

Anyway, Tinubu can only do so much!

The entire SW will vote AC. There is an avalanche sweeping thru the SW!  The momentum has changed in SW in favor of AC. PDP is seen all across the SW as a party of evil.
Do you for once believe that Ogun peeps want to see the likes of OGD again or the likes of Akala in Oyo? It is over for PDP in SW.

kwara will follow suit as well in due time. Ilorin is different from kwara. Saraki has Ilorin on lock but not Kwara; the rest of Kwara are Awoists, and will vote AC next general.
Even if the entire kwara state does not swing AC, a big chunk will vote AC, enough to give Buhari some crucial votes.
Anyway, this development is good if it is true. PDP is Nigeria's worst nightmare.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Becomrich11: 4:43am On Nov 30, 2010
I am telling you, I would win Kwara state. No matter the party. The code name is Baba Jimoh.

I am telling you one secret now. OPC is on my side. we would do anything to make sure our people do not get involve in this thier civil war, that they would start.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Spitzer: 5:39am On Nov 30, 2010
My ideal ticket is Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala under the banner of ACN
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 30, 2010
Buhari/Tinubu ticket, though very strong, will not fly, given the religious and regional sensitivity. All Buhari needs is Tinubu's backing, ACN merging or forming alliance with CPC. He can then go and pick his running mate from SE or SS.

Information from my friends up North says the Buhari whirlwind is sweeping across the entire North now. If election is conducted today, CPC will sweep Kano, Jigawa, Katsina, Kebbi and a good showing in Kaduna. Many PDP politicians, having seen the trend, have even started crossing to CPC.

SW is AC's for keeps. If the election is free and fair, only Ogun can retain PDP today. And SW and NW have the largest voting population, let's not forget.

A working understanding between CPC and ACN will give PDP a run for their money.

In Kwara, my state, PDP is still in overwhelming control, but AC will put a good show in the southern part of the state. I just came back from Offa, and the the massive support ACN is enjoying surprises me.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stranger: 8:40am On Nov 30, 2010
^^^

Kwara is a very difficult terrain
Over the years, I have learnt never to question Saraki

It is always difficult to predict how Kwara state is going to turn out
Olusola Saraki is a colossus, probably bigger than Kwara itself

He has done it before, more than once, and can do it again
I bow for that old man.
I still don't think ACN can take Kwara

As long as Saraki is still in PDP, it will be difficult for ACN to compete
and I doubt Tinubu's ability to orchestrate ACN's victory in Kwara

He is good, but not that good.
Kwara is just unpredictable

My prediction: Kwara is for PDP for keeps, ACN will not even come close.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 30, 2010
^^^^
No question about that. But from what I saw in Offa last week, AC has Offa.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Ymodulus: 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2010
i dey laugh oo
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Abagworo(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2010
When I analysed this possibility earlier on ,some of my brothers were on my neck.Now If this turns out to be true,PDP has lost.The north and SW are 70% of Nigeria's agreed population.They will sweep SW and most of the north plus Edo State.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Hadone(m): 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2010
Becomrich}:

[size=18pt]Could you kindly recall the SDP presidential candidate and his Vice during the June 12, 1992 election?[/size]
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by stanlink(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2010
Hello Depobear

pls i kind of get lost each time i try to post something on Nairaland homepage help me out

thanks

stan.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by violent(m): 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2010
W is AC's for keeps. If the election is free and fair, only Ogun can retain PDP today

Wrong!

@post

Buhari/Fashola ticket is very competitive and is capable of winning Atiku+GEJ+IBB+OBJ. . .
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by confetti(f): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2010
Becomrich}:

Becomerish, with the present situation on ground, If GEJ fails to win Pdp's primary, Then this is 100% possible.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Pukkah: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

Didn't Kwara vote UPN?
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by vicenzo(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2010
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by OCCULTIST(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2010
When will nigerian woman come out and run for presidency? Is happening all over the world,or are nigerian women only good in bed and kitchen? With their amala,eba and draw soup grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Eziachi: 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2010
Not supporting or disapproving any of Nigerian crooked political permutations, but I had to say that I quite admire Bola Tinubu as a politician.
Irrespective of all the allegation of corruption being peddled against him, but not proven, he is very consistent in his politics compared to most Nigerian politicians.
His fight back against PDP in the South West in the face of brutal force from the Abuja had to be admired.
But I think, the role he is playing now as the kingmaker suits him better than jumping into the fray,
But, Hey! he is a Nigerian, they know how to dig their own grave.
Re: Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? by Eziachi: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2010
stranger:

Now that is enough
At least, he is not a tribalist like you!
He allowed Joe Igbokwe to remain as Lagos ACN's party head!

Now go get me some spare parts in Alaba from Emeka.

Trust a pihead.
You started with some good and valuable point, especially with the case of Joe Igbokwe, but spoiled it with your juvenile rant and tripe in the end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 / Petitions Flood Senate Over AGF Nominee / Enugu LG Polls: Ugwuanyi, Ekweremadu, Others Campaign For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.