Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi (45876 Views)

Banky W Laughs At Airline Calling Naira Marley "A Bunch Of Useless People" / See The Sextape Of Pastor, Chris Omashola That Called Naira Marley a Demon / Deji Adeyanju Calls Naira Marley "A Nuisance To Society” Over Strip Club Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Flier: 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
macklef:

Well, it may please u to know that he n cardi B are both delinquents. Useless muscians to the highest order they have nothing positive to teach u just arrant depravity. Am not a pastor or holy holy guy o, but i know useless music wen i hear them n i dont sing song because i too want to act current. Thats most of yall problem " i too know it, i belong" syndrome.
Baby boy you are Puta
Don’t take life too serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Patojargz: 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2019
Enemy of progress... No doubt!

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by bezimo(m): 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2019
Very aptly written..very stupid set of youths we see these days...they didn't see an inspiration figure to aspire after...na marly..they call themselves Marlians and you wonder why such bunch of deranged and banal youths don't deserve an inept leader like Buhari..
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by engrglover(m): 12:00am On Dec 24, 2019
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Moz22: 12:28am On Dec 24, 2019
ItzBabyBlimz:

mafo
abi moti fo nii

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by InvertedHammer: 12:43am On Dec 24, 2019
Blazebond:
As far as I am concerned,the day u start talking all this "I am a marlian" nonsense,Na that day your mumu start,believe me,all of Una when dey claim marlian no get sense,adults go dey misbehave that claim say na "marlian" Dem be.
/*

Unemployment after graduation will reset their brains.

*/
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Rilwayne001: 12:52am On Dec 24, 2019
The system is rotten. From head to toe. There's no beating a dead horse here.

You dare not speak ill of NM offline. Even some educated fools are his fan, and they are ready to cast aspersion on you the moment you say something that don't want to hear about him. But how come we've gone terribly low in our cultural values and morality?

I repeat, the system is rotten.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Brandstudio01: 1:04am On Dec 24, 2019
nextstep:
Leaders who don't provide good schools, good hospitals, good roads, and instead steal all the money... are they the ones who should be complaining about the youths that they raised?

But seriously, every generation since Plato has complained about the deterioration of morals in the youths.
Imagine what Nigerian parents were saying about those 1960's highlife kids who just want to dance and drink and hang out in music joints. Then another generation complained about the kids of the disco 70's who just wanted to dance and smoke. Then they complained about those kids in 80's who just want to breakdance and wear jerry curls. Now those parents who danced and smoked in 60's 70's 80's are complaining about kids doing the very same thing in 2010's.

And I won't be surprised to read that Naira Marley himself complains about "kids these days" in 2040's.
Have you wonder why we have more mad youths than elderly men and women like before?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by laosy(m): 2:00am On Dec 24, 2019
Woss, ki lo tun ni Marley shey!!!??... all these oyinbo that naira Marley himself no understand, ogbeni leave Marley alone and focus on your government!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Ryocaj(m): 2:13am On Dec 24, 2019
Bbbwings:

How many Nigerians got killed through robbery this year.
His was just a high profile case.i t could happen to anyone
We know that.. RIP 2 him..I just feel its dumb 2 crucify some ppl coz they r fans of a certain musician.. it's a choice.. if u don't like Naira Marley like other musicians.. they r about 500million all over the world
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by vaca1: 4:03am On Dec 24, 2019
Blazebond:
As far as I am concerned,the day u start talking all this "I am a marlian" nonsense,Na that day your mumu start,believe me,all of Una when dey claim marlian no get sense,adults go dey misbehave that claim say na "marlian" Dem be.
Talk about trashcans abi Titans too. If you go to Twitter, you go shame for naija youths, even married ones.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by vaca1: 4:05am On Dec 24, 2019
YorubaKing:
You think Politicians are the only problems of Nigeria? The citizens are the biggest problems indeed.

>90% of Nigerians have various forms of mental illness. angry

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by vaca1: 4:11am On Dec 24, 2019
milemimi93:
Am i the only one who doesnt listen to naija music or watch football?

You're not alone. Lost hope in this country 4 years ago
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by ronyman(m): 4:27am On Dec 24, 2019
Really true bro, nice write up. The truth is bitter so expect some hoodlums aka marlia s for their attack. But you are an excellent writer
POG4011:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2019/11/naira-marley-a-true-reflection-of-a-large-chunk-of-the-nigeria-youths/
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by ronyman(m): 4:29am On Dec 24, 2019
He opened our eyes to existing reality we keep shying away from.We are our problems!
Aidejay:
President Muhammadu Buhari: A true reflection of the large chunk of Nigerian eldery

OP your post ended up being you throwing blame here and there and factoring naira maley into it. Bad leadership=rotten youths. Rotten youths= bad leadership. No solutions provided just write and go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by vaca1: 4:29am On Dec 24, 2019
okenwaa:
Stupid write up.

The government should be your major concern and not an individual.

Before NM broke into limelight, the youths have started doing drugs,fraud,prostitution etc. The system made them this way.

Do a write up on bad leadership and poor parenting and act like you have SENSE for once.

Naira is least of your problems!!!

He is. He is a contributory factor
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Ubdavis(m): 6:29am On Dec 24, 2019
Bbbwings:
And where has your religious values taken you? Your country is still a shithole
im only pointing out facts...im not a religious person in caese u may ask
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by kamgbeEshi: 7:18am On Dec 24, 2019
WHOEVER is naira marleys publicist,is a true genius,like how does a father of 4 suddenly becomes this way if not through carefully planned,consciously orechestrated methods and its paying,he is getting his money and your "insults" is helping him
lets analyze it a bit more critically,most youths in this country are IGNORED,just plain ignored,like i know a kid that had all A's in waec,like not a B in sight,no one knows him,the media doesnt talk about him,like plain nothing,
lets compare that with naira marley with his so called "rambunctious lifestyle" and all attention is on him-media,parents,youths,adults even police yes,they may be insulting but its still attention,something most youths are starved off,no attention by parents,peers,leaders,nothing
so following this line of thinking,what do you think these youths do,they follow him,they copy his lifestyle and guess what,it works
a day after identifying themselves as marlians,their dad who is always too busy calls them reprimanding them(ATTENTION),their friends who havent talked to in 2 years,would call them asking them whats going on (ATTENTION),so what do you think the person the person would continue to do
i may be the only one who has the view but if you really and i mean really look at it,you will just see naira marley is filling a vacuum,so it is high time we stop giving him attention by raining insults on him or what not and put our attention where it needs to be,on our kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by chukel(m): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2019
This is the unfortunate truth. We have a wasted generation. The future is very bleak.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by fish23(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2019
I’m not a fan of Naira Marley, I listen to his songs, but I think we all have our lives to live, y’all criticizing this n*gga do some real shiii behind the camera. It’s his life let him live it how he wants it.
“LIVE AND LET’S LIVE”

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by ideatoprince18(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2019
Blazebond:
.... U wey get sense use your sense change our useless politicians na ...... Oponu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 8:00am On Dec 24, 2019
xxxtedyxxx:
Leave Marley alone, and focus on your destiny.

Leave him and his style of music alone. Every artiste has what works for him/her.

A typical example of what the writer is talking about
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2019
Tumbulum:
Marley is not the one that carry gun to kill hapless and men and women at night.

Marley is not the one that is dragging peoples ancestral land to give to his brothers.

Marley is not interested in including sharia in our constitution.

Marley is not BH or Armed Fulani Herdsmen.

Marley is not the president who disobeys court order and make nepotism his lifestyle.

Marley is not sarz that frame up innocent Nigerians in order to extort money from them.

Therefore Op leave Marley alone and let's get down to the real problem facing our country.

Just like some Americans against Gun Control will say - Guns don't kill people, people kill people.....no be so?
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2019
somehow:
You are preaching to a lost generation!

My submission too

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2019
nochillatalll:
Most nigerians are stupid i swear!

You will listen to American rappers and play their songs on repeat with all the vulgar content but yet criticize someone here doing the same

is that not madness? angry

The person that wrote that article should quit being a hypocrite!

What I think is madness is you re-directing the context and focus of the writer's objective and making arguments the writer did not advance. How did you come to the conclusion that or what in the OP's write-up suggests he listens to American rappers?

I think you just want to provide alibi from Mars to rebut the writer's arguments which you're done badly at. It is not dishonourable to read again and get the crux of the writer's argument
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Tocheagle(m): 8:24am On Dec 24, 2019
Naira marley and his supporters are never do wells period
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by Ruby97: 8:32am On Dec 24, 2019
Blazebond:
I say na Undergraduates,and graduate own pain me pass....choi

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2019
Liposure:
Lets be honest wit ourselves.if our elders had laid a good foundation. do u tink nairamarley would trend.

1. So we should continue to hold "our elders" as responsible while our lives and that of our children gets destroyed?
2. Not in all cases is the fact that parents left a bad legacy, many did leave a good legacy, but bad influences likes nairamarley's creeps in like the serpent temptation with the apple
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
The likes of Naira Marley will always exist, it is your job as a parent to know what your kids are watching/listening to. Blaming Naira Marley for some stupid peoples mistake is wrong, there is nothing like bad influence, if a [b]marlian smokes weed it's not because NM smokes weed, it is because he wants to smoke weed. We should learn to stop blaming people for our misfortune.[/b]
I AM NOT A MARLIAN grin

I think you misunderstand the writer's intent. The writer is not blaming Nairamarley nor making him the reason for decadence. The writier is actually pointing to Nairamarley as the sign-post of the decadence. In other words, there is a Nairamarley in the average Nigerian youth already.

I believe it is somewhat lazy to adduce issues like this solely to parental upbringing. Several evidence suggests thing are more complicated than that. I read on twitter the case of a Pastor who woke up to the news that his car was among the ones towed to the Police station from Quillox. How come? His 3-kids and nephew who took the car out were supposed to be at the Choir practice (vigil) probably in preparation for Christmas Carol. The odds are the pastor gave them a very good and biblical upbringing. The rest go-figure....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by mapet: 8:57am On Dec 24, 2019
meobizy:
The title does not correlate to the write-up. I wanted to see how his image fits in with the Nigerian youth. All I saw was a long winded description of the guy and his career. Nigerian writers are losing it.

Honestly he doesn’t represent the educated Nigerian youth. He instead personifies the illiterate and downtrodden. Those have no hope for tomorrow and focus on living today to the fullest, hence heavily consuming marijuana during times they could spend thinking up a business idea.

Unfortunately, you did not understand the focus and objective of the write-up.
Re: Naira Marley: A True Reflection Of Large Chunk Of Nigeria Youths - Peter Omoniyi by harmonyAris(f): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2019
wristbangle:

Am sure u are not a lady because looking at your dp shows a camouflaged broke dude wearing wig and fake butt pads deceive guys.

Pervert! What are you tryna find out who I am for. Male or female what has that got to do with my opinion here. A girl cannot share opinion in peace. Stupid pervert.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sensational Bamidele Survives Auto Crash / Don Jazzy's Parents Pose With D'Prince's Baby / #bbnaija: Cocoice Returns To Nigeria, Begins Media Tour (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.