Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' (20381 Views)

Amaechi Attacks Wike Over Igbo Denial? / Bayelsa: Wike Says Dickson Traded Off Bayelsa To APCBut Was Blocked By Silva / Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Ctorch: 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
Bayelsa governor, Seriake Dickson, has warned his counterpart in Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, not to see Bayelsa as an annex of Rivers State.

“Let me put it on record, this is the first time I will formally respond to Wike’s childishness in this formal way. I have always ignored with pain and regret all the previous vituperations and his attempt to belittle and intimidate this state and our leadership.

“His unfriendliness towards this state is not hidden. It’s not just me, it’s about our state and our people, he has done that a couple of times but I decided to stomach it for several reasons,” Mr Dickson said on Saturday while briefing reporters in Yenagoa.

Mr Dickson’s remarks at the briefing is contained in a statement issued on Sunday afternoon by his spokesperson, Fidelis Soriwei.

The governor was reacting to Mr Wike’s outburst against his (Dickson) visit to a traditional leader in Rivers, the Amanyanabo of Kalabari kingdom, Theophilus Princewill.

The visit took place in April, almost eight months ago before Mr Wike came out to speak publicly against it two weeks ago.

Governor Wike had said Mr Dickson’s visit was a breach of protocol since the Bayelsa governor did not notify the “appropriate authorities”. He accused him of trying to destabilise Rivers State.

Mr Dickson said he visited the traditional leader to condole with him and his people over “the killing of Ijaw sons and daughters of the area during Mr Wike’s own gubernatorial election”.

Mr Dickson said he tried to reach Mr Wike but could not, and that his chief of staff and security detail, on his own directive, contacted the security details and a senior aide to the Rivers governor on his planned trip to Rivers.

“I want to make it clear as governor of this state, either me or any other person who will be governor, we don’t need Governor Wike’s permission to visit our traditional rulers and elders in Port Harcourt or any part of Rivers State.

“Since he doesn’t understand courtesy and is not prepared to show courtesy, then that courtesy will not be extended to him. Bayelsa is not an annex of Rivers State that he can intimidate at will,” the governor said.

The statement from the Bayelsa Government House quoted Mr Dickson as saying he would lead other Ijaw leaders “to participate in any activity that might be put in place to celebrate the foremost monarch, the Amanyanabo of Kalabari who would turn 90 in January 2020”.

He accused Mr Wike of having a hand in the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and also fighting oil wars with neighbouring states like Imo and Akwa Ibom.

He also accused Mr Wike of trying to destabilise Ijaw ethnic group in order to promote “ethnic supremacist political agenda”.

“The Good people of Rivers State should not be preys in the hands of Wike who want to promote disunity and hatred in Ijaw land because he is promoting an ethnic supremacist political agenda in the state.

“And I want that recorded, that Governor Wike is deliberately inciting disunity in Ijaw land because of his ethnic supremacist political agenda which he knows that Bayelsa, particularly Governor Dickson and my agenda will not support. That’s what he’s doing.”

“As we speak, because of the level of social and business interactions, most of our people and leaders live in Port Harcourt, and so I have been very reluctant since he started his unreasonable hostility towards us.

“I have been very reluctant even to respond publicly, out of respect for our historical ties, respect for the good people of Rivers State itself, whom he is misrepresenting, and the other point is yes Wike can attack Bayelsa, because he doesn’t have his indigenous Ikwerre people in Bayelsa State.

“But the Governor of Bayelsa has his indigenous Ijaw people who are major stakeholders in Rivers state. So as a result of these, for the past four to five years, since he started his childish and unguarded drunken behavior, I’ve been very reserved responding.

“But I have had to formally do so and Governor Wike knows that I’m not someone who shies away. I have had to hold myself because the Governor of Bayelsa represents much more than governorship of a state. Out of respect for our people in Rivers state, I’ve always held back, but this time, no, he has gone too far,” Mr Dickson said.

Disputed oil wells – the Soku oil wells – is fueling the rift between the two governors.

An Abuja Federal High Court reportedly declared that the oil wells belong to Rivers, but the Bayelsa government said such did not tenable since, according to them, the Supreme Court struck out a case brought by Rivers before it on the disputed oil wells.

Governor Dickson at the Saturday briefing insisted that the oil wells belong to Bayelsa, saying they are located in Oluasiri, Nembe Local Government Area of the state.

Bayelsa was created from the then Rivers State on October 1, 1996. The two states share a lot in common in terms of culture, tradition, and politics
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/369471-dickson-attacks-wike-says-bayelsa-not-annex-of-rivers.html?fbclid=IwAR12EvDDz6pYaGKVKnksv6JIBr-SNGzjUnygM8ibytlhE5FSez-9CjgyKKg

4 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Ndibunna: 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
The south south Dem.

Niger delta republic in action.

He accused Mr Wike of having a hand in the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last governorship election in Bayelsa and also fighting oil wars with neighbouring states like Imo and Akwa Ibom.

Wike fighting Oil wars with Imo and Akwa Ibom.

Wike should remember that when the gods becomes too powerful, the people will have to remind it that it was carved from the wood.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by RoyalUc(m): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
Abeg, I dey stand between the two of una. Make una drop the bottle wey dey una hands before una go use am break the heads of ordinary people for street.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by omenka(m): 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2019
Dickhead is just pissed to his marrows Wike worked for Lyon to sabotage his (Dickhead's) plans to install his stooge in government house. cheesy

Good night Oga Damjuma.

20 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by HarryDuce(m): 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
Mtcheew.

Even a child can see through this two-faced epistle.

Dickson should focus on his life after vacating the seat. It certainly won't be a free ride for him.

Wike is still an arrogant bullhead that needs to keep his tongue in check.

7 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by DelTel(m): 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
Dickson finally got his mojo back, speaking out albeit late!

Wike has been treating and talking to most if not all PDP Governors like his houseboys. Only Fayose he accorded some respects. Dickson's led committee did alot to stabilize PDP when Fayose and Wike sold out the party to Sheriff cos of their greed and selfish interest.

Though Wicked Wike can not be blamed for PDP's loss of Bayelsa but Dickson himself.

Clannish Wike visiting and working for Buhari in the night and talking tough against Buhari in the day.

Soku Oil shouldn't be an issue since Dickson enjoyed the windfall while it lasted and the original owner Rivers State is getting it back. Soku Oil was majorly between GEJ and Ameachi, Soku was erroneously mapped to Bayelsa by the National Boundary Commission few years ago which the Commission admitted to subsequently but curiously the powers that be refused to accept the correction and kept paying Bayelsa State the derivation as GEJ was President and Ameachi outburst against the Federal Govt and policies like Sovereign Wealth Fund and even contesting and winning the NGF chair against GEJ choice, preference and undemocratic acceptance of Jang as NGF chair led by Akpabio.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by HopeAtHand: 5:03am On Dec 23, 2019
Dickson should keep quiet if he has nothing to say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by careytommy37(m): 5:43am On Dec 23, 2019
See governor wey mumu cheesy
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by aguiyi2: 5:48am On Dec 23, 2019
Ijaw ethnic nationality hitting Wike left and right.A man is powerful depending on the loyalty of his foot soldiers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by chrisxxx(m): 5:49am On Dec 23, 2019
I wish Wike would not popularise Dickson with a reply.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by AyakaDunukofia: 5:50am On Dec 23, 2019
Ethnic demarcation and clannism. That's where the southern idiiots called politicians are good at. Then, they would go cold at the federal centre where it matters. Leaving southern Nigeria impoverished politically. Disgusting set of human beings.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 23, 2019
Dickson is only trying to create a fight where there is none.. wike only raised an issue on disrespect to customary practise.

Wike only wondered why a PDP Governor, a neighbouring state, a party leader could not pay courtesy visit to him before embarking on internal visits to traditional chiefs?

Even obasanjo had to visit el-rufai before proceeding for internal meetings in Kaduna..

The Governors usually welcome Buhari at the airport, then take to the traditional leaders before accessing the people..

12 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Rekhina(f): 5:51am On Dec 23, 2019
Ikwerre and their oil pride , y not let ur fellow nigerdeltans enjoy brotherly love in peace , I hope u don't involve anioma when the time comes! Mtchewwwwwwwwww

6 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by semyman: 5:52am On Dec 23, 2019
Gospel preachers are the Satan they warned you about
Only the elect may understand

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Rekhina(f): 5:55am On Dec 23, 2019
semyman:
Gospel preachers are the Satan they warned you about
Only the elect may understand
naiveboy do you see him do the rape ...A wiseman once said believe half of wat u see ,n none of what u heard , now u heard n u are believing it in-toto

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by MVLOX(m): 5:56am On Dec 23, 2019
Lol..... I just dey laff....
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Kulverstukas(m): 5:58am On Dec 23, 2019
They have started again. See Dickson claiming to love Ijaws and deliberately trying to start a war between Ikwerres and Ijaws, knowing fully well the implications as Rivers is multitribe and its indigenes/residents quite violent in nature. Lol. We Don wise, those stale political propaganda are a thing of the past. Dickson who stole Bayelsa blind and packing money in cartons to his Sagbama home was his major occupation as a Governor now trying to distract Wike after he failed woefully trying to install his cousin as governor which Wike tried to kick against in the interest of Bayelsa and the PDP. Is it the same Dickson who alienated all PDP foot soldiers ranging from even Barnabas Edure, his brother from Sagbama to Fred Agbedi, Kakas, Boyloaf, Sidoni and others too numerous too mention that's complaining about Wike? In fact, while Bayelsa and Rivers politics are always somewhat intertwined, Dickson from inception never honored this relationship due to greed and selfishness, and became the first governor of Bayelsa to aleniate Rivers entirely from its affairs. Wike never ranted publicly despite all these debacles during his tenure. Now Dickson has failed and been rendered irrelevant politically, him come know say Ijaw na im brothers. He's looking for political and public sympathy from the Ijaws to re-launch his political career and knows the ethnic/tribal card is the best to play here, hence these his inactions. You love Ijaws, Bayelsa has just 8 local governments, predominantly ijaws and a monthly FG allocation of 13 billion, asides the huge IGR from OICs and Oil players, yet no good school, road network, security, infrastructure etc. Even water to drink na problem. Yet they're your brothers, keep deceiving yourself till you get out of office, probed and subsequently go into political oblivion. You are no match for Wike, we the Ijaws know your game plan and it has failed from inception. We would never trade Wike despite being Ikwerre for a failure like you.

Peace Out!

9 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by JudasNaCarrot: 6:05am On Dec 23, 2019
Dickson is looking for scapegoat for his misadventures in the last election in Bayelsa.

How can you visit a state without reaching out to the governor of that state.
It is not seeking permission rather a matter of protocols.

Dickson! Dickson!! Dickson!!!

How many times did I call you....

Dont drag Ikwerre and Ijaw people into your stupidity so they'll start killing each other.

Be wise.

8 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by zoedew: 6:07am On Dec 23, 2019
You can’t have oil wells that ain’t yours no matter the bile!
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by JudasNaCarrot: 6:08am On Dec 23, 2019
Rekhina:
Ikwerre and their oil pride , y not let ur fellow nigerdeltans enjoy brotherly love in peace , I hope u don't involve anioma when the time comes! Mtchewwwwwwwwww
I can see your stupidity is glaring....

What's your business in Rivers politics.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by AfonjaBoston: 6:10am On Dec 23, 2019
Lol Wike will die by 2020
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 23, 2019
Coming from someone who couldn't win his state
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Bahamas95(m): 6:24am On Dec 23, 2019
My friend wan come visit me for compound, he see my popsy and ignore am unto say na me be he friend.

Na beta friend be dat?

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Cantonese: 6:28am On Dec 23, 2019
AfonjaBoston:
Lol Wike will die by 2020

Go kill am na. MUNTULA.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by AfonjaBoston: 6:31am On Dec 23, 2019
Cantonese:

Go kill am na. MUNTULA.

Watch and see
Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by Tjah: 6:41am On Dec 23, 2019
Rekhina:

Were dem dey call anioma?? Watin dem get?? Who anioma help??
Anioma ko, animal ni!

3 Likes

Re: Dickson Attacks Wike, Says Bayelsa Not 'annex Of Rivers' by frankmoney(m): 6:47am On Dec 23, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Elders Forum Knocks Senate Over Move To Review 1999 Constitution / Video And Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Anambra / FG Launches Power Outage Reporting App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.