Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,134,937 members, 7,749,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 February 2024 at 05:47 AM

"my Father Accused Me Of Witch Craft Before Bathing Me In Acid" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "my Father Accused Me Of Witch Craft Before Bathing Me In Acid" (751 Views)

A married woman accused me of wooing her. What do i do? / 10 Types Of Witch In Your Village! / True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"my Father Accused Me Of Witch Craft Before Bathing Me In Acid" by edoyad(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2010
Father accused me of witchcraft, bathed me with acid

Monday, November 29 , 2010
By Luka Binniyat

Her name is Comfort Sunday, but she is presently in dire need of comfort. Indeed hers is the heart-rending story of a young girl who was declared a witch and member of a secret cult by some members of her family. And in a bid to compel her to confess to being guilty as charged, she was bathed with an acidic substance by her father, James Sunday. As a result, Comfort was not only disfigured but has become a horror figure, a far cry from her former beautiful self. Here she tells her story, while pleading with relevant authorities and indeed all Nigerians to rally to her aid. I am Comfort Sunday; I am 14 years old and in Junior Secondary School 1 , Akwanga South. I played volley ball and I am a fast runner. I will like to be a scientist when I grow up. I presently don' t have any of my past pictures; I had to tear all of them because they no longer represent who I am. Some two years back, when we were on holidays, my dad said I should go and help my maternal grandfather on the farm. He lives somewhere not far from here. But my grandfather said that he did not need help on the farm at that time. He said I should return after a week or so to help one of his daughters (my aunty) harvest beans. So I left to visit one of my sisters who was staying with my paternal grandfather. I was to spend my holidays there. I stayed for a few days. I returned home one Friday so that I ccould attend a wedding on Saturday before going to my maternal grandfather to help his daughter on the farm. When I came home that Friday, I saw a fresh grave behind our house. I asked what happened and was told that my grandfather who had not been too well, fell ill and died. That it was his grave. I wept so much, because he was a very good Baba to me. He loved me very much. Anything I asked of him, he tried to give me. Then the following day, being a Saturday, my father's sister, Aunty Barmani, came with one pasto. . . . . . .
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/29/320.html
Re: "my Father Accused Me Of Witch Craft Before Bathing Me In Acid" by manmustwac(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2010
Part of the reason why we're not progressing is because of this backward thinking about witches voodoo black magic etc.
Re: "my Father Accused Me Of Witch Craft Before Bathing Me In Acid" by Vindy: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2010
With me saying or believing that she is a witch, I must say its very real in this part of the world. Just be prayerful, for we fight not against flesh and blood.
Re: "my Father Accused Me Of Witch Craft Before Bathing Me In Acid" by edoyad(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2010
Part of the reason why we're not progressing  is because of this backward thinking about  witches voodoo black magic etc.

What i can't understand is the destroying of a young girl's future by her own father in the name of witchcraft.

With me saying or believing that she is a witch, I must say its very real in this part of the world. Just be prayerful, for we fight not against flesh and blood.

What type of thinking is this ? So no witches abroad only in Africa right ? Continue in your backwardness.
Re: "my Father Accused Me Of Witch Craft Before Bathing Me In Acid" by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2010
^^^^^^bachwardness indeed!!!

(1) (Reply)

Serious Question / Is Nairaland Slowly Dying? / Hip Hop Dancers Wanted In Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.