Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number (1619 Views)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / Npower: How To Fix "Account Number Already Exist For Another Beneficiary" Issue / Npower: How To Fix "Wrong Account Number" Issue On NASIMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number by Holatunde111(m): 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
Popular Nigerian Police Officer, Dolapo Badmus

Police PRO Dolapo Badmus has taken to social media to advise Nigerians against allowing friends use their account to receive money.

According to Badmus, fraudulent money could be transferred to their account, causing them to be implicated in a crime.

In her words;

“Don’t ever “borrow” anyone your account number to receive money, your account should be for your own usage..someone is in custody for borrowing a “friend” his account, he never knew the money they are transferring through him is fraudulent.Ignorance isn’t an excuse before the law.

Apart from her speech, I have heard of several cases of those that have fell victims of such act. I heard about a car dealer sometimes ago. Some young men came to his shop to price a car. When they concluded on the price to pay, they collected his account number and assured him that the money would be sent to him and they would come to take the car. Unknown to him, those men are kidnappers. They have kidnapped a young girl and asked for ransom.......... click the link below to continue reading

https://holarsblog..com/2019/12/don-ever-borrow-anyone-your-account.html?m=1
Re: See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number by punisha: 1:45am On Dec 24, 2019
Click which link?
Re: See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number by davillian(m): 7:34am On Dec 24, 2019
We should not buy suya at night too.
Na from buying of suya at 10pm
Police arrest person labeled him an armed robber on the spot
Like play like play the person de serve for kiri kiri

5 Likes

Re: See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number by freethesheeple(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2019
punisha:
Click which link?

hhaahahahhahahahaha click the ling to view ads and read his nonsese no true story made up.
Re: See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number by greenmonk: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2019
davillian:
We should not buy suya at night too.
Na from buying of suya at 10pm
Police arrest person labeled him an armed robber on the spot
Like play like play the person de serve for kiri kiri
Don't mind them.
The Nigerian police are just plain stupid. Is it hard to get any persons account number?
So if money is paid into an account by error the police' ll just tag the person a criminal without verifying if he is aware of the transaction or if he made any effort to withdraw the money?
What of those who transfer money to wrong accounts everyday in error?
Re: See Shocking Reasons You Shouldn't Borrow Anyone You Account Number by davillian(m): 11:44am On Dec 24, 2019
greenmonk:

Don't mind them.
The Nigerian police are just plain stupid. Is it hard to get any persons account number?
So if money is paid into an account by error the police' ll just tag the person a criminal without verifying if he is aware of the transaction or if he made any effort to withdraw the money?
What of those who transfer money to wrong accounts everyday in error?
Nigerian police are just plain stupid
I think its high time courts rejects confessions from the police...
So they can start investigating crimes instead of saying "he confessed " all the time...
I don't understand why its only Nigerian criminals that are so nice that they love to confess .

(1) (Reply)

I'm Confuse Please Advice A Brother / How Mich Does Level 8 NADDC / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.