Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. (777 Views)

Wakanow And Airpeace Have Refused To Refund Me / Anambra Airport: Air Peace To Refund Fares To Intended Passengers / Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by BedLam: 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2019
On the 20th of November this year I booked a ticket on wakanow.com from Lagos to Accra which I normally do on Airpeace's website with 100 percent satisfaction. Usually after confirmation, there is nothing else to worry about because this is the what is practiced in the industry and the reason why we go online but on getting to the airport on 23rd of November I was told that there no such ticket or maybe the Reference number was wrong but after several searches, it turned out my ticket was invalid, meaning nothing like that was on the system( something people will call "Audio ticket"wink.

I called wakanow's call center but they couldn't find anything, talked to several people, from Mary to Grace and other names I can't remember. I had to go home and book another flight for 24th. I could have gone to my bank but 23rd was on Saturday so I had to wait until I return from accra which was almost a week later. Got back and filed a complaint for refund but it took 2 weeks to get a response saying they were still on it, I had to go to the bank to know what the delay was all about, I was told Wakanow denied their request.

I had to call Wakanow but the lady told me emailing "refunds@wakanow.com" would be the best which I did and somehow their reply has been denial.
Their argument is the ticket was issued but none of them wants to know if it's valid or not.

Below is the ticket number that was issued:

KVYP6P/710-9480424068

It's barely one month and most airlines still have record up to 3 months after the date of the said flight which wakanow is refusing to check from their end. Anyone can check it.

Photo of their response, anyone can see they are skipping the validity.
Given, ticket was issued but it was AUDIO!
If this was hotel booking, I'd be stranded somewhere in a foreign land.

1 Share

Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by Prodigee: 12:02am On Dec 24, 2019
Na wa o. Everything for this country must always get comma! Things like this dey pain me die. I no wan know the amount, even if na N5 wey don useless. My own be say, deliver the service you are being paid for. If na correct company for better country, situations like this make them panic. They would have quickly resolved it, even compensate you for inconvenience. Because no sensible organisation wants to have a bad service tag. But for here, nobody send o. My guy just keep busting their balls. Use every means available to you, most especially social media. They will eventually succumb. Dem dey mad!

1 Like

Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by Xavi2019: 12:32am On Dec 24, 2019
twitter has proven to be the best place for stuffs like this...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by uboma(m): 5:20am On Dec 24, 2019
This is an eye opener to be careful when booking flights wakanow platform.

Call them out on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by Purplestorm: 6:07am On Dec 24, 2019
Was about booking a ticket on Wakanow. Not impressed.
Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by Ishilove: 6:33am On Dec 24, 2019
BedLam:
On the 20th of November this year I booked a ticket on wakanow.com from Lagos to Accra which I normally do on Airpeace's website with 100 percent satisfaction. Usually after confirmation, there is nothing else to worry about because this is the what is practiced in the industry and the reason why we go online but on getting to the airport on 23rd of November I was told that there no such ticket or maybe the Reference number was wrong but after several searches, it turned out my ticket was invalid, meaning nothing like that was on the system( something people will call "Audio ticket"wink.

I called wakanow's call center but they couldn't find anything, talked to several people, from Mary to Grace and other names I can't remember. I had to go home and book another flight for 24th. I could have gone to my bank but 23rd was on Saturday so I had to wait until I return from accra which was almost a week later. Got back and filed a complaint for refund but it took 2 weeks to get a response saying they were still on it, I had to go to the bank to know what the delay was all about, I was told Wakanow denied their request.

I had to call Wakanow but the lady told me emailing "refunds@wakanow.com" would be the best which I did and somehow their reply has been denial.
Their argument is the ticket was issued but none of them wants to know if it's valid or not.

Below is the ticket number that was issued:

KVYP6P/710-9480424068

It's barely one month and most airlines still have record up to 3 months after the date of the said flight which wakanow is refusing to check from their end. Anyone can check it.

Photo of their response, anyone can see they are skipping the validity.
Given, ticket was issued but it was AUDIO!
If this was hotel booking, I'd be stranded somewhere in a foreign land.

Go and create Bedlam on Twitter and tag rabble-rousers like subdeliveryzone and Omojuwa

4 Likes

Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by kingreign(m): 6:46am On Dec 24, 2019
And to think that I was about using them for my next year holiday flight reservation for two people. Chai, I better carry my two legs go airline office or website and do my thing my own way
Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by BedLam: 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
kingreign:
And to think that I was about using them for my next year holiday flight reservation for two people. Chai, I better carry my two legs go airline office or website and do my thing my own way
Honestly I haven't used their online services before because those who did always said something about calling them for confirmation, I mean why would anyone go online if we had to call your office to confirm a ticket that was book online ?
Re: How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. by BedLam: 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ishilove:

Go and create Bedlam on Twitter and tag rabble-rousers like subdeliveryzone and Omojuwa
Thank you, I have and this is why Nigerians don't do stuff online, doing things online was meant to build trust because this is computer but turns out the people that do it in Nigeria are from a different planet.

(1) (Reply)

I Have N1,000,000 Cash.can It Get Me Both Dubai Visa And Flight Ticket? / Top 10 Most Craziest Buildings That Will surprise You / Worst Road In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.