Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide (28588 Views)

Babatunde Babajide: Even While Fasting, I Read A Minimum Of 8 Hours A Day / Snake In FUTA Akindeko Male Hostel! / 12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by babson9jata(m): 11:52am On Dec 24, 2019
*MY SUCCESS STORY IN FUTA.*
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

The 20th day of December, 2019 was a very special day for me as I was awarded a First Class Honors, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Accounting, Federal University of Technology Akure.

To the glory of God, I entered FUTA on 3rd of December 2015 as an undergraduate. I had a four man squad and we all strived to be successful. In a nutshell, first semester result 100 level result was out and it happened that I had the lowest GPA of 3.80 in the squad. I was so disheartened that I had the lowest GPA and I was a bit happy that I didn't scored too low � despite my political office as NUASA pioneer General Secretary (with Aluta-P led executive) and my position as the National President, Jnr/Int RAN. I informed a brother, Bosun Egberinde of the situation at hand and he encouraged and motivated me to keep moving and aim high.

Second semester 100 level result was released, I had 4.44 (was so annoyed because I had a C in CSC102, a three unit course which hindered my chance of making a first class that semester). I will never forget, a friend out of the 4 man squad who made a statement that struck a cord in me, he actually had a 'B' in a 4 unit course and he was like, "if ordinary BBM could have an 'A' BIO 102, then he should definitely have more than that" (with the impression that he is far better than me). This drove me high and mad �.
200 level first semester, I started reading for an average of *8 hours in a day and once read for 16 hours on a stretch.* Guess what, I had a 5.00 that semester.

We were two that actually had the 5.00 then and that was the first of its kind in Accounting and the faculty, SMAT (except IT report) according to history. I was so amazed because in 4 of 9 of the courses, I had 70 -72 (A). (Isn't God faithful? ���). The news went viral throughout the faculty and we became the talk of the devil for a while.

Not to bore you with this long story, Second semester 200 level, I had 4.67. I actually spent my lecture free week at a National camp ☹. God is good!

First Semester 300 level, I had 4.63; was scared of dropping because I started my professional exam ICAN-ATS in that semester and officially launched my enterprise, BBM WORLD (Graphics Design).

Second semester 300 level, only had 11 days to prepare for school exam due to my second stage of my professional exam, but guess what, I made a 5.00 as well �. First Semester 400 level, again, I made a 5.00. It was a back to back, hit to hit �. Should I burst your burble? I wasn't in school in the first week of exam, I was in Lagos for my ICAN-ATS induction, also represented the university in an inter-university competition (Annual Conference for Accountant at JABU) yet, God did it. And in the last semester, 400 level second semester, I had 4.88 (a 3 unit course actually hindered me from having a 5.00 for the fourth time. I had a 'B' ☹.

However, I bless God because only 6 out of about 95 students had an 'A' in a 6 unit project � and I was honoured to be among them. Also represented FUTA at an inter-university summit or competition at OAU in October which lead to a competition/teasing between OAU and FUTA (#OAUvsFUTA on tweeter). I and my team made them know that FUTA is the best!.

Today, I graduated as the 5th best graduating student in the department of Accounting with a CGPA of 4.68 from 3.80 of 5.00 scale.
_I am a true product of Grace._

*Charge:* In whatever thing you do, strive to be the best. Yes, the best!

*Babatunde Babajide M. Bs.c (Akure), AAT.*
Accountant | Financial Analyst | Project/Data Analyst | Graphics Designer | Debater | Academician | Public Speaker | Curator | Entrepreneur

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy

294 Likes 33 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by oteneaaron(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2019
Impressive.

��

Congratulations.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Dvd4: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congratulations Sir!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by TooGod942: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
NICE ONE

Congratulations!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Yustash001(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congratulations!!!!

9 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Abcruz(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congratulations!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by LordIsaac(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congrats sir

7 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by kennyjam: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congrats bro........ Better is not good enough ,the best is yet to come.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by veli1(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
I think say na engineering sef

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Papacypaul(m): 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
I thought any course in University of Technology is 5yrs, well and accounting ain't technology course. Congratulations to you op

6 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Rilley(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congrats bro, but make sure you have a skill, because life after school is hard unless you have someone that knows another person, some month's back i was gobsmacked when a first class graduate told me life is hards, and he earns 25k monthly teaching in a private school, I was weak, can you imagine? 25k that I spend in a sitting or more than that in a day that's what someone is earning in a month..

This country has really failed alot of youths, politicians have already sunk this country, it's only God that will help..

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by femi4: 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congratulations

A classical example of "show me your friends and I ll tell you if you ll excel"

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by davbravo(m): 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congratulations
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by peppo4live: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by iaamxavier(m): 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2019
Wow this is really amazing
You've really inspired me
I can make first class too
Just that pharmacy school ehhh angry

11 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by ZiriMane(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
I pray this would be the beginning of many more success stories

6 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by engrjosefz(m): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
kudos... more wins...
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Heloct(f): 1:43am On Dec 25, 2019
Your friends gingered you. Thank God you didn't go for the wrong company.
Being a Futa graduate is hard work. Congratulations.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by STENON(f): 2:47am On Dec 25, 2019
I doff my hat for you bro... congrats
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by sarmuel97(m): 4:15am On Dec 25, 2019
Congratulations bro
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Lagbaja01(m): 4:23am On Dec 25, 2019
Someone who has already launched his graphic design business while studying....if you could have time to type all these then I guess you shouldn't be too busy to read...
Rilley:
Congrats bro, but make sure you have a skill, because life after school is hard unless you have someone that knows another person, some month's back i was gobsmacked when a first class graduate told me life is hards, and he earns 25k monthly teaching in a private school, I was weak, can you imagine? 25k that I spend in a sitting or more than that in a day that's what someone is earning in a month..

This country has really failed alot of youths, politicians have already sunk this country, it's only God that will help..

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by HarunaWest(m): 7:25am On Dec 25, 2019
Congrats dude....Never knew FUTA offered accountancy...That's a weird one mehn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by emmahoney(m): 7:36am On Dec 25, 2019
HarunaWest:
Congrats dude....Never knew FUTA offered accountancy...That's a weird one mehn.
Some universities of Technology in Nigeria are offering it, lautech has been offering it since 2004. They named it Accounting Technology!

5 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by HarunaWest(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2019
emmahoney:
Some universities of Technology in Nigeria are offering it, lautech has been offering it since 2004. They named it Accounting Technology!
lol...u can imagine...I schooled in FUTMinna..It was purely science courses.
..there wasn't anything like accounting then..cant say of now though
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Kirinwa: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2019
babson9jata:
*MY SUCCESS STORY IN FUTA.*
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

The 20th day of December, 2019 was a very special day for me as I was awarded a First Class Honors, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Accounting, Federal University of Technology Akure.
To the glory of God, I entered FUTA on 3rd of December 2015 as an undergraduate. I had a four man squad and we all strived to be successful. In a nutshell, first semester result 100 level result was out and it happened that I had the lowest GPA of 3.80 in the squad. I was so disheartened that I had the lowest GPA and I was a bit happy that I didn't scored too low � despite my political office as NUASA pioneer General Secretary (with Aluta-P led executive) and my position as the National President, Jnr/Int RAN. I informed a brother, Bosun Egberinde of the situation at hand and he encouraged and motivated me to keep moving and aim high.
Second semester 100 level result was released, I had 4.44 (was so annoyed because I had a C in CSC102, a three unit course which hindered my chance of making a first class that semester). I will never forget, a friend out of the 4 man squad who made a statement that struck a cord in me, he actually had a 'B' in a 4 unit course and he was like, "if ordinary BBM could have an 'A' BIO 102, then he should definitely have more than that" (with the impression that he is far better than me). This drove me high and mad �.
200 level first semester, I started reading for an average of *8 hours in a day and once read for 16 hours on a stretch.* Guess what, I had a 5.00 that semester. We were two that actually had the 5.00 then and that was the first of its kind in Accounting and the faculty, SMAT (except IT report) according to history. I was so amazed because in 4 of 9 of the courses, I had 70 -72 (A). (Isn't God faithful? ���). The news went viral throughout the faculty and we became the talk of the devil for a while.
Not to bore you with this long story, Second semester 200 level, I had 4.67. I actually spent my lecture free week at a National camp ☹. God is good!
First Semester 300 level, I had 4.63; was scared of dropping because I started my professional exam ICAN-ATS in that semester and officially launched my enterprise, BBM WORLD (Graphics Design).
Second semester 300 level, only had 11 days to prepare for school exam due to my second stage of my professional exam, but guess what, I made a 5.00 as well �. First Semester 400 level, again, I made a 5.00. It was a back to back, hit to hit �. Should I burst your burble? I wasn't in school in the first week of exam, I was in Lagos for my ICAN-ATS induction, also represented the university in an inter-university competition (Annual Conference for Accountant at JABU) yet, God did it. And in the last semester, 400 level second semester, I had 4.88 (a 3 unit course actually hindered me from having a 5.00 for the fourth time. I had a 'B' ☹. However, I bless God because only 6 out of about 95 students had an 'A' in a 6 unit project � and I was honoured to be among them. Also represented FUTA at an inter-university summit or competition at OAU in October which lead to a competition/teasing between OAU and FUTA (#OAUvsFUTA on tweeter). I and my team made them know that FUTA is the best!.

Today, I graduated as the 5th best graduating student in the department of Accounting with a CGPA of 4.68 from 3.80 of 5.00 scale.
_I am a true product of Grace._

*Charge:* In whatever thing you do, strive to be the best. Yes, the best!

*Babatunde Babajide M. Bs.c (Akure), AAT.*
Accountant | Financial Analyst | Project/Data Analyst | Graphics Designer | Debater | Academician | Public Speaker | Curator | Entrepreneur

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy

For him to get 4.68 and still be the 5th best in the department not even faculty means its very competitive.

Targeting to hit Project 'A' can make the difference.

This dude is truly disciplined academically: sitting down to study for 16 hours is no mean feat.

Getting up can see you carrying the chair on your bottom.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by TuneChi369(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2019
Congratulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by StarUp: 10:19am On Dec 25, 2019
My brother, nobi by First Class o... better hustle well make dem no use your teeth do Coke opener for family reunion.

8 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by handsomeyinka(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2019
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by mrZENographer: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2019
It is well with you.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by handsomeyinka(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2019
veli1:
I think say na engineering sef
Wetin concern you...

5 Likes

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by shollish(m): 10:20am On Dec 25, 2019
Omoluabi to the world

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics / Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / IMSU Suspends Dr Desmond Izunwanne For Slapping Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.