Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,040 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (617580 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (265) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Loggerstrip: 1:03pm On May 21, 2022
mustyy:
Please, is it only MWA or plus outstanding salary
only MWA is being paid
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by danjaD(m): 8:06am On May 22, 2022
Fkj2021:
NOUN Access bank confirmed. I got 74k because I resumed late 2019. It is still worth it
do u mean you got the job in 2019?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 22, 2022
Gooodlife2021:
Is unizik not among the universities that will receive minimum wage?

Please did you later receive alert? Heard Bursar's are heading to Abuja for it's payment, there's problem o.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Gooodlife2021: 6:50am On May 23, 2022
Ninisun:

Please did you later receive alert? Heard Bursar's are heading to Abuja for it's payment, there's problem o.
I didn't, better for them.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by NollyMedia(f): 11:04am On May 23, 2022
What sort of salary payment system do we have in this country?? So shameful!

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Dvdpity: 3:54pm On May 23, 2022
NollyMedia:
What sort of salary payment system do we have in this country?? So shameful!

They are not paying staff that resume from MAY 2019 down. Only those that started before April 2019.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Loggerstrip: 4:25pm On May 23, 2022
Dvdpity:

They are not paying staff that resume from MAY 2019 down. Only those that started before April 2019.
that statement is incorrect. I chatted with someone that was employed august 2019 and still got paid last week 75k contiss 7 step 3 on Telegram
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 7:49pm On May 23, 2022
Loggerstrip:
that statement is incorrect. I chatted with someone that was employed august 2019 and still got paid last week 75k contiss 7 step 3 on Telegram
Maybe. His appointment and payment was backdated sir.
These days, you'll receive appointment letter today but its carrying 2021 date.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Loggerstrip: 8:30pm On May 23, 2022
Medianna:

Maybe. His appointment and payment was backdated sir.
These days, you'll receive appointment letter today but its carrying 2021 date.
dats fairly true but not in all cases. In my institution the year you are recruited is the exact same year on your appointment letter. Thank you. Infact what's the source of your information please. Who said staff employed in 2019 are not entitled to NMWA?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Loggerstrip: 8:33pm On May 23, 2022
Dvdpity:

please what is the source of this information
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Medianna(f): 9:57pm On May 23, 2022
Loggerstrip:
dats fairly true but not in all cases. In my institution the year you are recruited is the exact same year on your appointment letter. Thank you. Infact what's the source of your information please. Who said staff employed in 2019 are not entitled to NMWA?
I never said 2019 employees are not entitled sir.
Im only saying its very possible the letter may have being backdated by months because I've seen some cases like that including myself
(It not everything that detail that someone will open up na)
I was only soposting what Dvdpity said.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2022
Has payment of NMWA stopped?

Abi Zenith never receive?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 9:05am On May 24, 2022
uniquelyspecial:
Has payment of NMWA stopped?

Abi Zenith never receive?

My own university hasn't been paid, what is actually the problem??
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2022
Ninisun:

My own university hasn't been paid, what is actually the problem??
Mine has been paid, but haven't received yet
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Dvdpity: 9:32am On May 24, 2022
Loggerstrip:
please what is the source of this information
Unizik staff that started work from MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER 2019-DEC 2019 didn't get any minimum wage arrears. IF you have any one in unizik in such category you can ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Dvdpity: 9:35am On May 24, 2022
Loggerstrip:
Unizik staff that started after April to Dec 2019 hasn't received any minimum wage arrears. According to ippis, they started paying minimum wage from February 2020.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Loggerstrip: 9:41am On May 24, 2022
Dvdpity:

Unizik staff that started after April to Dec 2019 hasn't received any minimum wage arrears. According to ippis, they started paying minimum wage from February 2020.
this is from FTI WhatsApp. Let's the payments be finished by weekend before jumping into conclusion. Thank you

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 10:06am On May 24, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

Mine has been paid, but haven't received yet

Which of the universities please, mine is an Agric Uni. Wetin dey sup na?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Loggerstrip: 12:42pm On May 24, 2022
Information reaching us in the ongoing ASUU meeting in my school confirms that specialized universities were truly omitted from NMWA payment. But this issue has been resolved. Therefore, specialized universities like MOUAU, FUTO, FUNAAB etc. will surely receive theirs this week. Let's be patient and disturb our peace less. Thanks. Copied from telegram

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 24, 2022
Loggerstrip:
Information reaching us in the ongoing ASUU meeting in my school confirms that specialized universities were truly omitted from NMWA payment. But this issue has been resolved. Therefore, specialized universities like MOUAU, FUTO, FUNAAB etc. will surely receive theirs this week. Let's be patient and disturb our peace less. Thanks. Copied from telegram

Thanks to God but FUTO has received.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by BuharisBoy: 5:44pm On May 24, 2022
UBA, NMWAs received.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 24, 2022
BuharisBoy:
UBA, NMWAs received.

Which uni please?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jessyjames100(f): 8:23pm On May 24, 2022
Am using Eco bank am yet to receive while most people have been paid in my Uni
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ladychioma: 5:59pm On May 25, 2022
Dvdpity:

You are very right.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by ladychioma: 6:00pm On May 25, 2022
Dvdpity:

Unizik staff that started work from MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER 2019-DEC 2019 didn't get any minimum wage arrears. IF you have any one in unizik in such category you can ask.
What you said is a fact.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Ogwo2020: 12:36pm On May 26, 2022
Please can someone tell us why some of us (Umudike) are yet to receive the NMWA ? It's really disheartening
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by edogu(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2022
Ogwo2020:
Please can someone tell us why some of us (Umudike) are yet to receive the NMWA ? It's really disheartening
The funny part is that the school bursar is yet to brief us of the outcome of his travel to Abuja same with union leaders.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Fabregas1109: 4:04pm On May 26, 2022
The Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) has shared N636.602bn for April 2022 from the Federation Account Revenue to the Federal Government, States and Local Government Councils.

This is contained in a communiqué at the end of a virtual meeting of the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) for May 2022.

The N656.602 billion total distributable revenue comprised distributable statutory revenue of N461.189 billion, distributable Value Added Tax (VAT) revenue of N166.522 billion, the sum of N8.891 billion being Excess Bank Charges Recovered and augmentation of N20.000 billion.

In April 2022, the total deductions for cost of collection was N29.609 billion and total deductions for transfers and refunds was N147.651 billion.

The balance in the Excess Crude Account (ECA) was $35.377 million.

The communiqué confirmed that from the total distributable revenue of N656.602 billion; the Federal Government received N257.611 billion, the State Governments received N201.256 billion and the Local Government Councils received N149.251 billion. The sum of N48.485 billion was shared to the relevant States as 13% derivation revenue.

Read Also: FG fails to deduct $418m from States FAAC allocations

A gross statutory revenue of N635.037 billion was received for the month of April 2022. This was lower than the N933.304 billion received in the previous month by N298.267 billion.

From the N461.189 billion distributable statutory revenue, the Federal Government received N217.412 billion, the State Governments received N110.275 billion and the Local Government Councils received N85.017 billion. The sum of N48.485 billion was shared to the relevant States as 13% derivation revenue.

In the month of April 2022, the gross revenue available from the Value Added Tax (VAT) was N178.825 billion. This was lower than the N219.504 billion available in the month of March 2022 by N40.679 billion.

From the N166.522 billion distributable Value Added Tax (VAT) revenue, the Federal Government received N24.978 billion, the State Governments received N83.261billion and the Local Government Councils received N58.283 billion.

The Federal Government received N4.684 billion; the State Governments received N2.376 billion and the Local Government Councils received N1.831billion from the N8.891 billion Excess Bank Charges Recovered.

The N20.00 billion augmentation was shared as follows: the Federal Government received N10.536 billion, the State Governments received N5.344 billion and the Local Government Councils received N4.120 billion.

According to the communiqué, in the month of April 2022, Petroleum Profit Tax (PPT) and Excise Duties increased marginally, while Oil and Gas Royalties, Import Duty, Companies Income Tax (CIT) and Value Added Tax (VAT) all recorded significant decreases.

News News Update
Related Posts
JUST IN: Abe dumps APC, withdraws from Rivers Gov race
Adebutu, Sowunmi emerge factional Ogun PDP Gov candidates
JUST IN: Supreme Court reserves judgment in Buhari, Malami’s suit against EA 84(12)
Ashiru beats ex-Gov Yero, Shehu Sani, others, picks Kaduna PDP Gov ticket
Interpol arrests Nigerian leader of SilverTerrier transnational cybercrime syndicate
Tears as Fatima, four children are buried in Anambra
Barr. Caleb Mutfwang wins Plateau PDP Gov ticket
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Partick60: 5:05pm On May 26, 2022
Dvdpity:

I'm also expecting mine too. Started work in April 2019
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Amein(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2022
PRESS RELEASE

LABOUR MINISTRY URGES CALM, AS PAYMENT OF CONSEQUENTIAL MINIMUM WAGE ARREARS TO EDUCATION SECTOR WORKERS COMMENCES

The attention of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment has been drawn to complaints emanating from leaders of some education sector-based unions that their members were yet to receive the arrears of the Minimum Wage Consequential Adjustment, which the Federal Government had since approved and started paying from the Office of Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF) for disbursement to the affected employees in the Education Sector.

On receiving the complaints, the Honourable Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Dr. Chris Ngige has contacted the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning and the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF), which both confirmed that payments had since commenced. The Minister further elicited firm assurances that all workers who are yet to receive their payment, would be paid before the end of the week.

Among those affected are the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), the Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU) and the National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT).

Consequently, the Honourable Minister appeals to the unions to remain calm, assuring that the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning, remains committed to meeting its obligations to them on this issue of the payment of the Consequential Minimum Wage arrears as agreed at the last conciliation meeting. Sen. Dr. Ngige also said the Federal Government had made strenuous effort to cash-back this payment, necessitating the release of the ongoing payment by the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning since May 19, 2022, one month earlier than the agreed date of June 16, 2022, as a sign of good faith to enable the affected unions to call off the present in
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by harrisonfo: 10:27am On May 27, 2022
This one that FAAC has happened. Any hope for university lecturers salary
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rinoxy: 6:26pm On May 27, 2022
May salary paid this morning, MOD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (265) (Reply)

ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.