Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106455 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by RiyaGoddess(f): 3:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
skentelelady:

It was a service televised all over the world. No issues but it was clearly said today that mfm doesn't celebrate Xmas I guess for new members.

Oh OK. Thanks for informing me
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by blueAgent(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
cyrilamx:
Aint u bothered that the bible u so proudly but ignorantly quote was put together by the catholic church you love to hate? Tell me in the gospel where Jesus asked any of his disciple to put down an account of his life...The only instruction Christ gave was that his disciples should go and teach all nations and not go write stories of his life which in the next 300 years will require a council of the Catholic church to decide and affirm. Pope St. Damasus approved of the canons of the new testament as we have it now. If the catholic church relied so much on the power Christ gave her in Matt. 16:13-18; 18:18, to decide the books of the scriptures and subsequently naming those coedified books the Bible, and u accept such bible, then why r u hypocritical about Sunday worship, Easter feast, etc set by the church? Lest i forget do away with days of d weeks cos they are named after pagan gods. To you now all those evil forests and land dedicated to idols and later re-dedicated to God and churches set up on those lands should be destroyed cos they standing on land previously used by idols...?

Which Bible did the Catholic church put up?

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
paxonel:
who created the day 25th December, is it idol or God?
If idols were celebrated 25th December are they not thieves like that and God is taking back his day he created?

Merry Christmas to even the idol worshippers Jo, let them accept Jesus.
Im sorrry even if i celebrate christmas u really sound childish n stupid. Idols stole d date, God created 25th dec, he is taking it back..
Bro u should stop talking
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by blueAgent(m): 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

If the apostles of Jesus could worship on Sunday and Christ celebrated with them, who am I? I have to follow the footsteps of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and his apostles that were before me.

Jesus and his disciples never worshipped on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by jacoik(m): 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
paxonel:
who created the day 25th December, is it idol or God?
If idols were celebrated 25th December are they not thieves like that and God is taking back his day he created?

Merry Christmas to even the idol worshippers Jo, let them accept Jesus.
lolxxxxx haha na hot slap dey hungry u
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Gallantrugged: 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
fippycbk:
Why do we go to church on sunday instead of Saturday as instructed in the bible?

This how a true believer should behave, ask questions and seek for answers instead of forming defence out of another ingnorance.
We Muslim always ask and you must convince us before adopting any form of worship or act or we throw it out in the backyard. You can't deceive a true learned Muslim be what ever you or your religious status...
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Roycemadeit(m): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

You must be one religion or atheist, but if you belong to non then you re the most confusing jiva

Lol.
You have no Idea, where I am...
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by PrincewithGod(m): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sabby1:
Regardless of date or origin, If I no celebrate Christ at least once a year, wetin I gain.

Happy Christmas Nairalanders
You celebrate Him for that day and then back to your normal old self. He should be celebrated everyday by the way we live our lives not by setting aside a day for feasting and reveling only to return to our lives dedicated wholly to the pursuit of worldly things.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
7. FREE NATION IN CHRIST
We at the Free Nation in Christ, founded by Daddy Freeze, do not celebrate Christmas. Yeoshua never asked us to celebrate his birthday.
Solidkay:
Christmas celebration has become rampant among the Christians. Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

But some Churches refuse to be celebrating Christmas and below are the 6 Churches that don't celebrate Christmas.

1- JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
This religious organization is one of the biggest groups of Christmas-Shunners. Once upon a time, Jehovah's Witness used to observe Christmas. This was until 1928, after further study bynone official. The official found that this is based on "false religious beliefs or activities". Deseret news reports that this is explained in a 1993 book, "Jehovah's Witness-Proclaimers of God's Kingdom".

2- SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
Just like Jehovah's Witness, this is Church is also against Christmas celebration.

A publication from them reads: "We do not celebrate Christmas as the Birth of Christ per say since Christ was not born in December".

He did not want us to celebrate his birth or He (Christ) would have told us when he was born. It has become a money-making celebration with Christ mixed in. It is a paga ritual.

3- DEEPER LIFE
A few years ago, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, the head of the Church announced to the world that his Church does not celebrate the popular Holiday. Explaining at the 2013 retreat. He said: "We don't celebrate Christmas nor sing Christmas carol; because Christmas is of idolatrous background "

4- GOD'S KINGDOM SOCIETY (GKS)
GKS believes that there us no single evidence that Jesus was born on the 25th of December. Rather, they believe he was born on October and that Christmas originated from a "noisy pagan festival in honour of the god of the sun".

The church was started by St. Gideon MeriodereUrhobo in 1934 after leaven Jehovah's Witnesses with the headquarters found in Warrior.

5- RELIGIOUS SOCIETY OF FRIENDS AKA QUAKERS.
This church believes that " every day is a holy day", so there is no need to single out just one day to celebrate.

6- MOUNTAIN OF FIRE MINISTRIES (MFM)
According to the founder of the church, Pastor D.K. Olukoya, " We don't celebrate Christmas because the root is demonic "
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
macklef:

Im sorrry even if i celebrate christmas u really sound childish n stupid. Idols stole d date, God created 25th dec, he is taking it back..
Bro u should stop talking
idol stole the date is figurative statement which means any religion have the right to fix any date for their annual religious celebration, so Christians have the right to fix 25th December irrespective that the same date was set aside to celebrate idols.

Don't tell me you were that stupid not to think and understand this before commenting.

Idiot!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:
Jesus Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December, but 25th December was chosen to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So what's wrong with it?
overdo is dangerous in religion. Did Jesus ask u to celebrate his birth? He rather actually asked us to mark his death! Do u know of any godly man that celebrated his birthday in the Bible?
watch ye, if ye are still standing...
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
cerpvad:
7. FREE NATION IN CHRIST
We at the Free Nation in Christ, founded by Daddy Freeze, do not celebrate Christmas. Yeoshua never asked us to celebrate his birthday.
deeper life at some point also thought their church members that Yeoshua never asked them to be watching television. why are you people at the free nation watching television?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by thinkmoney(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
mgbadadike:
Jesus Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December, but 25th December was chosen to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So what's wrong with it?
overdo is dangerous in religion. Did Jesus ask us to celebrate is birthday? He rather actually asked us to celebrate his death! Do u know of any godly man that celebrated is birthday in the Bible? Did ur forefathers celebrate their birthdays? Don't just swallow everything thrown at u because it looks good or taste good. It's nutrition value may be at best zero if not poisonous.
'watch that ye keep standing...'
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Janosky: 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2019
mastermaestro:

Satan's slave. cry cry I know someday you will be free in JESUS' name!
Jesus doesn't know you.
Stop using his name in vein.
Jesus Christ &his followers NEVER paid membership fees, only cultists pay membership fees under the guise of Christianity or religion.

You regurgitate the junk you're being spoonfed in the business centres of gods of men.

Cult this, cult that. You're just making baseless allegations without proof.
Go & free yourself from bondage to gods of men /pastorpreneurs, before it's too late.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by jcross19: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
cyrilamx:
because you fail to grasp the meaning of oral tradition. How do we continue to carry out traditional marriage rites and other customswhen it is obvious non was documented. But they were certainly handed down from generation to generation by words of mouth. That was how Christianity thrived for 300 years without a codified bible, rather oral teachings of Christ was handed down.
that 300 years of what sir oooh , every thing was written down like a scroll and letters but was put together in one piece after 300. that stories that were not written were not fully original many lies will be added to it more truth will be removed.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
AgentNairaland:

Ignorant Muslims or what?? Are you now saying Late prophet Muhammad and allah were both IGNORANT to have recognized Jesus Christ according to these verses of Quran:-

Quran 43:57 And when the son of Maryam (Mary) is quoted as an
example [i.e. ‘Iesa (Jesus) is worshipped,
behold! Your people cry aloud (laugh out at the example).

When the angels said: “O
Mary! Allah gives you the good
news of a Word from Him, whose
name is the Messiah, Jesus son of
Mary, who is illustrious in this
world and the hereafter, and who
is one of those brought near [to
Allah]. (Quran 3.45)

Obviously, we're saying different things.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Kennitrust(m): 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
Some attributes Christmas to something else but to me, I refresh my memory on the significant contribution of Jesus Christ for the salvation of the man.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Legendguru: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
hmmm
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cyrilamx(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
that 300 years of what sir oooh , every thing was written down like a scroll and letters but was put together in one piece after 300. that stories that were not written were not fully original many lies will be added to it more truth will be removed.
oga you have dysfunctional knowledge of history. You said everything was written down like the authors knew their write up will make up the bible? Go and read about the councils of carthage in 393 and of Hippo in 397. These were chaired by St. Augustine- Bishop of Hippo. The council was saddled with the task of deciding which of the numerous books supposedly linked to the apostolic era is canonical--adjudged to be inspired. Thus the fathers of the church relying on the power granted by Christ in Matt. 18:18 selected from these extant books-- shephard of hermes, gospel of Pilates, protoevangelium of James and numerous hundreds of book only 27. It was submitted to Pope Damasus in Rome for approval who formally christened these collections of codified books, the Bible. So if church is found today, i know it wont tell u d truth so u will be set free.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cerpvad(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2019
Are you high on tramadol? Where did you read it that Free Nation members are not allowed to watch TV?
paxonel:
deeper life at some point also thought their church members that Yeoshua never asked them to be watching television. why are you people at the free nation watching television?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Emeribenu(m): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
[quote author=ZombieTERROR post=85199206]Those are not churches.....

Really
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by macklef(m): 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2019
paxonel:
idol stole the date is figurative statement which means any religion have the right to fix any date for their annual religious celebration, so Christians have the right to fix 25th December irrespective that the same date was set aside to celebrate idols.

Don't tell me you were that stupid not to think and understand this before commenting.

Idiot!
Idols stole the date. Like u dont know that idols dont talk,move or even steal. Christians are not entitled to on thier own fix any religios date. Christians are neither God or Jesus christ. They are only meant to be followers of christ not leaders of christ that fix dates. If jesus is ur leader follow him obediently. He fixed no date for his Birthday not because he was stupid, he didnt want to. So no one has a right to decide for him what he should or should not want.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
cerpvad:
Are you high on tramadol?
calm down, we are not fighting

Where did you read it that Free Nation members are not allowed to watch TV?
read the question i asked. I didn't say that Free nation members are not allowed to watch television. My question is, why are you people watching television?
Yeoshua never asked you people to be watching television did he?
why then are you people watching television?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Strategical: 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

We worship on Sunday because it is the day our Lord Jesus Christ broke the bounds of death and resurrected. His resurrection is the reason we have power over all religions and can conquer sin nd the devil.

His resurrection is of more significance than hi birth

And who told you that Jesus Christ resurected on Sunday?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by jcross19: 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
cyrilamx:
oga you have dysfunctional knowledge of history. You said everything was written down like the authors knew their write up will make up the bible? Go and read about the councils of carthage in 393 and of Hippo in 397. These were chaired by St. Augustine- Bishop of Hippo. The council was saddled with the task of deciding which of the numerous books supposedly linked to the apostolic era is canonical--adjudged to be inspired. Thus the fathers of the church relying on the power granted by Christ in Matt. 18:18 selected from these extant books-- shephard of hermes, gospel of Pilates, protoevangelium of James and numerous hundreds of book only 27. It was submitted to Pope Damasus in Rome for approval who formally christened these collections of codified books, the Bible. So if church is found today, i know it wont tell u d truth so u will be set free.
lol I laugh in lamalaki see all these are in Wikipedia if I want to check it okay!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by paxonel(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
macklef:

Idols stole the date. Like u dont know that idols dont talk,move or even move

bia!

were you not thought literature in English in your secondary?
So, you want to pretend that you don't know what figure of speeches are abi?
You don't know hyperbole, synonyms, metaphor or even simile yet you want follow Christians who are more intelligent with these things to talk abi?

Sorry for you
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by cyrilamx(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
lol I laugh in lamalaki see all these are in Wikipedia if I want to check it okay!
Go to a through encyclopaedia...The catholic encyclopaedia and then visit Wikipedia. I guess u will swallow ur pride.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

God commanded the Israelites to convocate twice a year

And he mentioned Easter?

1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by templeinyou(m): 6:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
Please are we all blind? If not 25 December, state categorically the day and month and back it with facts

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Janosky:

Jesus doesn't know you.
Stop using his name in vein.
Jesus Christ &his followers NEVER paid membership fees, only cultists pay membership fees under the guise of Christianity or religion.

You regurgitate the junk you're being spoonfed in the business centres of gods of men.

Cult this, cult that. You're just making baseless allegations without proof.
Go & free yourself from bondage to gods of men /pastorpreneurs, before it's too late.

It is a cult. Your rants won't change the truth. grin grin Leave the cult!

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mgbadadike: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
thinkmoney:

overdo is dangerous in religion. Did Jesus ask us to celebrate is birthday? He rather actually asked us to celebrate his death! Do u know of any godly man that celebrated is birthday in the Bible? Did ur forefathers celebrate their birthdays? Don't just swallow everything thrown at u because it looks good or taste good. It's nutrition value may be at best zero if not poisonous.
'watch that ye keep standing...'

Where was it written in the Bible that celebrating someone's birth is a sin?

So celebrating that our Lord Jesus Christ took human flesh and came into this world to save us is a sin?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mgbadadike: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
IMASTEX:

Absolutely nothing is wrong but wouldn't that be doing what you weren't instructed, If the Bible is to remain the constitution. As like Moses, touch the rock he stroke it instead. The two actions were close but got punished still. Now Christ specifically recognised His death & instructed the memorial. Could He have forgotten His birth if it was important? He also mentioned the end of a thing been better than the beginning, what was He thinking? Personally, I think people are successfully replacing Christianity with custom & tradition of men. And are doing so with a specific interest. What then do you say about Christmas Carol, Santa Claus & the use of red & white as the celebration colour? If you study closely the teachings of Christ & what He holds value for, you will notice that His death marks the beginning & the end. If celebrating His birth is a Christian practice even though not instructed. Then the woman "Kings mother" that gave birth to Him should also be celebrated & idolized.
Paul once said, some consider a day special others say everyday is great. Let all be as long as it is into the Lord.
Best regards.

To you and others mentioning me, if you think that John 1:13-14 is not worth celebrating then show me where it's written in the Bible.

God taking a human flesh just to redeem us worth celebrating every single day of our lives.

Without him taking the human flesh and coming into this world, He wouldn't have died on the cross to save us. Christ's birth is worth celebrating every single second of our lives.

It doesn't matter which date it was fixed, what matters most is who we're celebrating; the Lord Jesus Christ our saviour and our redeemer, who came into this sinful world and died just to save us.
Peace!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo) / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.