Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

How Do You Celebrate Christmas? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Celebrate Christmas? (309 Views)

5 Countries That Do Not Celebrate Christmas (no. 1 Will Shock You) / Believers, Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? / 400 Indians And Nigerians Celebrate Christmas At Yoga Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Akinduyo2(m): 4:44am On Dec 25, 2019
Christmas is the most rosy festive season we always celebrate every year. There are some things that have grown to become a symbol of Christmas

Chicken and rice has grown to become a global symbol to celebrate Christmas during the festive season. But that does not speak for all races of people and religions.

Beside chicken and rice, some religions and races have also developed their own way of celebrating Christmas.

So today I would love to hear your own voice on how you celebrate Christmas in your home, religion or race?

Though Christmas is a Christian festive season, it is now celebrated by all and sundry.
But something has gone wrong, which is the real motive behind celebrating Christmas.

Here in my Nigeria, most people see Christmas as the period to get new clothes and change their outfits beside Chicken and Rice.

Christmas is being celebrated by changing of outfits, getting new clothes, etc.

That is how Christmas is being celebrated in this part of the world I belong to.
While in some religion, Christmas is being celebrated by visiting Orphanage home and spending time with the orphans.

In some religion, the Christmas festive season is celebrated at their hometown. Its more like a get together. Families from far and near gather at their hometown to celebrate the festive season.

The children get to meet one another and families get to form a rapport with one another; children playing outside with one another, and elders discussing about family issues and the rest.
That is how Christmas is being celebrated in some part of Nigeria.

So How do you Celebrate Christmas?

Source: https://www.gdtv.com.ng/2019/12/how-do-you-celebrate-christmas-akinduyo.html

1 Share

Re: How Do You Celebrate Christmas? by doctore212(m): 5:14am On Dec 25, 2019
I will ensure I visit upto 5 Oloshos house today.

My babe traveled.

Am babeless and the weather is not helping matters.
Re: How Do You Celebrate Christmas? by RiyaGoddess(f): 7:12am On Dec 25, 2019
When I heard the sound of "Bangas" I woke up, Smiled and said to myself, It's Christmas, Merry Christmas Shile.
I will go for Christmas service and after that, Join the rest of my online FAM to go out for a Jesus Meal.
Merry Christmas to everyone of you.

Re: How Do You Celebrate Christmas? by cassidy1996(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2019
merry xmas to you all, i like this pic

Re: How Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Akinduyo2(m): 4:36am On Jan 14, 2020
doctore212:
I will ensure I visit upto 5 Oloshos house today.

My babe traveled.

Am babeless and the weather is not helping matters.

May God have mercy on you brother, no be oloshos dey make xmas sweet oh!
Re: How Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Akinduyo2(m): 4:37am On Jan 14, 2020
RiyaGoddess:
When I heard the sound of "Bangas" I woke up, Smiled and said to myself, It's Christmas, Merry Christmas Shile.
I will go for Christmas service and after that, Join the rest of my online FAM to go out for a Jesus Meal.
Merry Christmas to everyone of you.

Hi Riya, what a lovely composition.

How I wish you could continue, I already taught I was reading a book.

Well done and have a wonderful new year
Re: How Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Akinduyo2(m): 4:39am On Jan 14, 2020
cassidy1996:
merry xmas to you all, i like this pic

Hi Cassy,

It a lovely picture.

Hope you have a wonderful new year

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Receive Rent Advance And Pay Monthly / Married Women Date In Venice — The Hues And Cries And The True Story / Aisha Yesufu ... Boko Haram's Hatchet Woman. By Obiaruko Ndukwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.