Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Help on Abscond group loan members - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help on Abscond group loan members (537 Views)

Help On IBEDC Aptitude Test / House Help On Banana Island Wanted.... / Please I Need Help On The Company PEDABO Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help on Abscond group loan members by tunjikunle30: 7:41am On Dec 25, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders, please I need your help and advice. I work with a microfinance bank. We do group loan where will give customers loan and they pay back weekly.

So, I have a particular group that happens to be my best group close to 2years, some members of the group have been collecting loan from the bank since 2014, some are in their 12th cycle. The least person in the group are in their 4th cycle. This group have never defaulted for a week, they are 15 in number. But for about 2 months now the group are giving me issues, their repayments are not always complete anymore, when I called some members they will say they have giving their group leader money, some members have absconded from their houses. some will say it is their leader they collected money for. My colleagues have been to the group with me several times. Though they pay but not up to their weekly repayment.

The bank management are now saying am doing fraud, that why are they now giving me issues? Is it because we move from one location to another? All this talk make me sick and depressed. Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and started crying, because am so tired of all this statement. There was a day when I got there with my colleagues I was just crying profusely am just confused. I don't know what to do.

The bank are not helping in terms of recovery. They only focus on SME recovery.

Please what can I do? Am just tired of all this talk.

Thank you all.
Re: Help on Abscond group loan members by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 25, 2019
Maybe you need to discuss one on one with the management. If there are loan defaulters in your group, I believe it is a crime under the laws of this country and since you have their data, you might as well take it up with the police to reduce the burden on you...

1 Like

Re: Help on Abscond group loan members by tunjikunle30: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2019
eduman365:
Maybe you need to discuss one on one with the management. If there are loan defaulters in your group, I believe it is a crime under the laws of this country and since you have their data, you might as well take it up with the police to reduce the burden on you...

Thank you for your response.

I have discussed it with my boss who is a senior manager of the bank.

He said I should just get the money.
Re: Help on Abscond group loan members by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
tunjikunle30:

Thank you for your response.

I have discussed it with my boss who is a senior manager of the bank.

He said I should just get the money.

It is well... wink
Re: Help on Abscond group loan members by nerolistick(m): 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
what u need to do is try and fixed a convenient date with the leader and talk to her as mother and child, by letting her know if u happen to be are child what will be are wish 4 u. Knowing full well that u need to recover the loan and probably before u get ur full salary.
u don't need to be rude to her.
Re: Help on Abscond group loan members by Modupetemmy1(f): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
deduct every weekly defaulters loan from the each group member saving account. that's how its been done in my area, if you start deduction the money the members would fight whoever is defaulting since they know that it would be deducted from their savings account.
Re: Help on Abscond group loan members by tunjikunle30: 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
nerolistick:
what u need to do is try and fixed a convenient date with the leader and talk to her as mother and child, by letting her know if u happen to be are child what will be are wish 4 u. Knowing full well that u need to recover the loan and probably before u get ur full salary.
u don't need to be rude to her.

That is what I have been doing, and the members are paying little by little but not up to their weekly repayment.
Re: Help on Abscond group loan members by ekehopp: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2019
lsdf

(1) (Reply)

Apply For 2020 Corporate Finance Institute Scholarship Program To Become A Certi / YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program / At Last, Customs Shortlists 163, 399 Out Of 828, 333 Applicants For Aptitude Tes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.