Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Unskilled Immigration: The Uncertainties And Risks Involved. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unskilled Immigration: The Uncertainties And Risks Involved. (424 Views)

Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. / Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Convoy Of Borno King Heading To Kaduna For Durbar Involved In Accident (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unskilled Immigration: The Uncertainties And Risks Involved. by themaestro08(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
With the economic situation of Nigeria one may think the best option is to emigrate. Yeah to search for Greener pastures. However, these days, It seems only skilled immigrants are in-demand in almost all developed countries, as such they are paid better and tend to have an easier path to PR or even citizenship.

However, on the hand unskilled migrants, with no skill or talent are faced with lots of difficulties. From securing visa to getting the job itself to the most crucial which is work permit. The uncertainties are numerous. To the best of my knowledge emigrating as an unskilled worker is quite risky and unpredictable. From The U.AE to
Qatar, Malaysia and Turkey, the systems are some how the same - Enter via a tourist visa later change it to an employment visa , Afterwards your employer will secure your work permit (except turkey). In some developed countries you have to go back to your country pending when your employer get your work permit. And even more, the pay is meagre , the working conditions nothing to write home about.

I know a mammoth number of my compatriots are on the verge of taking this route ( a mate just left a couple of months ago). Here is the question does it worth it? Any viable option out there?

Guys what's your take on this issue.

(1) (Reply)

Black Man Stopped From Entering A Shopping Mall In China / Germany Student Visa Application : How Do I Go About It? / North Korea Blows Up Liaison Office In Kaesong Used For Talks With South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.