Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song (33049 Views)

Opinion: Cast By Shallipopi Is The Most Trending Immoral Song In Africa / Should Parents With Little Kids Have Househelp / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by blackboy2star(m): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
That's the situation we find ourselves... I hope they're not registered marlians cheesy
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Hotzone(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
Teach ur kids moral and censor ur Dstv and also be mindful of who they spend time with after school and during holiday

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by philip0906(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
faithfull18:
Lol, format their memories. If you are Christian, play gospel songs in the house, there are gospel songs for children too. I remember growing this way till today no interest to deliberately listen to secular songs and even when others play it around me, I am irritated and it doesn't stick.
Is this our spirit filled sister??
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
blackboy2star:
That's the situation we find ourselves... I hope they're not registered marlians cheesy
They are already registered....say the truth and shame the devil.....for a kid of that age to sing opotoyi he or she is a confirmed Marlian....nobody should quote me....am currently on drugs grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by socialmediaman: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:
My Two adorable daughters at age of 5 and 10 years have being cramming up what I thought to be immoral songs lately.

One of them sang Naira Marley's 'Opotoyi' when she was doing house-chore this morning.

I have almost put all my electronic gadgets on parental lock just for them not to be carried away by immorality.

One of them is even singing 'Omo oni di rabata', I almost beat the hell out of her.

Have bought them various educational song CDs and all sort of things

Help!

Before you beat, don’t forget you could be arrested and charged for violence against a child. This is 2019

2 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by kushercain: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
I remember when I was young, me and my sister were always singing this song 'so ji ye, ko ju idi ye, soji ye ko Judi ye ko re di ye'
We just liked the vibe and didn't know the meaning until the day mumc heard us singing it. She was shocked and told us not to sing it and explained the lyrics. The way she said the translation was so funny and we still use it to laugh till today.

This one you're saying you beat the hell out of her because she was singing a song she doesn't understand the lyrics. What happened to communication. Sit them down and educate them.
This is what makes a real father okay? So Wake up mister man

6 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Sterope(f): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
My dad didn't play his music until we were much older

Good decision!

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
This is pretty light compared to my own experience last year (2018). I saw a little girl, not up to 10 yo dancing "one corner" and rocking a pole like a stripper. I couldn't believe my eyes that day. The society is feeding our young ones with crap and it appears to be getting worse. I fear for the future generation, tbh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by jayextra(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
stupidity:
I traveled down to Edo state few weeks ago.
Went out to get something when I heard girls of about 10 to 16 singing and dancing to one song I don’t know the singer but I could hear them shouting “body fineee, toto sweeeeet” grin
They really emphasized on the “toto sweet”
What is happening to Nigerians and it’s parenting system?
Song name-opor...Naira marley ft Lil kesh grin grin

2 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by chigoizie7(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:
My Two adorable daughters at age of 5 and 10 years have being cramming up what I thought to be immoral songs lately.

One of them sang Naira Marley's 'Opotoyi' when she was doing house-chore this morning.

I have almost put all my electronic gadgets on parental lock just for them not to be carried away by immorality.

One of them is even singing 'Omo oni di rabata', I almost beat the hell out of her.

Help!

Bad things no de hard to learn

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by IDnoble1: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:

Help!
They learn it from the society, most especially at the school parties. And some schools do play most of the songs even when there's no party in the school
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by martowskin1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
bigass123:
Truth be told, good parenting is increasingly becoming more difficult.
It takes a lot of discipline, commitment and close monitoring of your ward. You can control what they're exposed to within your house but what of when they get outside the house. The school, among friends even the church. They pick up stuffs from their peers.
May God help us in this generation

We have a lot of cracked parents this days as well, a cracked parent can't bring up reasonable kids
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by miraculous4life(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Good evening guys. Have been a nairalander for the past 7 years as a guest. I never knew I can register and be a member where I can post stuffs in different sections. Last 3 months I became aware and register but the thing is I don't know how to post stuff as a caption. Please anyone can help me with some directions, I will be glad. Thanks
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by KingKayxCee11(m): 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
i actually gave up on my neighbours 3 and 5 year old.

Madam sales close to a shop where they sale beer and barbecued 404 and beef. Those children sings songs that want to make me yell.

Yours is an in-house case, so to cut it short is easier.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:

Help!
I feel your pain bro. But we are in a Nigerian society that sees immorality as an avenue or platform of self discovery and self awareness. And everyone that take a stand against it is seen as been hypocritical and possessive.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by tfelicityk(m): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:

Help!
for how long will you lock the garget? It is best for you to let them understand what they are singing by interpreting the song to them. However, can you stop listening to other children who sing the song at school, party and whenever they go for vacation and mix up their peer group?
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by DexterousOne(m): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
dangotesmummy:
Lol.its their age

If you like lock all the gadgets in your house,shebi they'll go to school

Solution: this is the time and opportunity to communicate.dont just lock up all electronics.let them know the reason and let them know the negative impact it has on them

The problem old and new generation African parents have is lack of communication.they think everything is force.its your job to make them see reasons with you so that even at your back they won't play that song

What you are only doing is raising them to be pretenders and actors.e.g playing Christian songs in your presence and nasty songs at your back

You have spoken well

2 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Ybaby: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:

Help!

How judgemental of you to beat a child in your care for singing a song..... immoral or not
They are human spirits not goats .... beating will alienate them from you and your eye will clear

Teach a child the way to go and when they are GROWN they will not depart from it.
Your voice in your child's ear explaining is stronger than Naira Marley's voice.... I don't like the lyrics of any of the street songs either - lyrics are filthy. My son understands that he is not to play it in my house but he can use his earphones to listen to it.

Look children are here in this world of contrast - good and bad so they can choose - when you keep speaking to them about good - they may choose good and you keep picturing them in your mind as good children they may choose good BUT the choice is always thiers - they may learn to pretend to you but that is so dangerous. Do your part and stop beating your children.... they are intelligent beings. No one trains a dog by beating how much more a human being.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by ghost3040: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
You are worse than the kids.. undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Gordson: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Leave them joor, knowing bad songs doesn't mean they'll turn out to be bad children..that's if you do your job very well as a parent.

I grew up in a crazy area with dem bahd guys but I no bahd like dem.

Thanks to my Mama for constantly formatting my head with backhand when necessary cheesy
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by AZeD1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
I grew up with friends who attended deeper life when TVs were still called the devil's box and guess what.... Those guys knew everything that happened on TV even though there was none in their house.

As far as your kids interact with society, they will learn things you don't approve and when you beat them, they will adjust and know that song x should not be sung infront of daddy.

They do not know the meaning of the song which means it's a phase that would have passed with the next "in thing" but your beating would most likely increase their curiosity.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by emerged01(m): 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Educate them,let them know the reasons they need to stop singing such songs. Taking action like putting parental care on Dstv is not enough. You are just furious on top nothing, be calm and talk to them because the environment is there to influence them.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by baby124: 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Some songs are catchy and these are the songs children learn quickly and sing... lol. I am sure they don’t really understand the context of what they are singing.

Daddy girls, you are going crazy. But you will be looking at women outside and thinking same thoughts as if they are not other men’s daughters grin. But your own angels must not even know such songs exist
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Ajibel(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
stupidity:
I traveled down to Edo state few weeks ago.

Went out to get something when I heard girls of about 10 to 16 singing and dancing to one song I don’t know the singer but I could hear them shouting “body fineee, toto sweeeeet”

grin
They really emphasized on the “toto sweet”

What is happening to Nigerians and it’s parenting system?

Lol opor by lilkesh and naira marley who sang that part grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Ladycewhy(f): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
ghost3040:
You are worse than the kids.. undecided undecided
lol FBI

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by ladykolly(f): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
If those were my children, I wouldn’t even know they are singing naira marley song.
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by 360command: 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
CANDYDADDY:

Help!
Las Las them go spoil. If u are not training them to be nun, all other things , forget it.

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Amanda4life: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
So long as there's no evil association yet, there's no cause for alarm.

They can't relate the wording s of the song to real life stuff, but if they watch the song along side the video there's a problem. Because music videos this day is more like blue film

In school those days , I can sing different songs, both good and bad, but because I wasn't watching the video, so no connect ion between the wordings and action. Because i learnt those somgs thru the radio.

So , I don't know if you allow them to watch African musical videos. Its bad.

They will practice the actions they saw in the school toilet
Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Trimque2k1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
Lol... Just ban them from singing it/stop adults from playing such songs in your home while you can. There were songs my aunts and mom would kill us for if they heard us singing it.

E.G

Flavor's "Ashawo", Zule Zoo and some others back then.

But in reality, did those things that they stopped us from viewing or listening to have any impact in our lives today...

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Naijaarchive(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
lilmax:
You have two marlians bro

They might not finish secondary school

Ah

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by munaGod07: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
An Igbo adage says close door does not stop the entrance of spirits

1 Like

Re: When Your Kids Have Crammed Immoral Song by Naijaarchive(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Gordson:
Leave them joor, knowing bad songs doesn't mean they'll turn out to be bad children..that's if you do your job very well as a parent.

I grew up in a crazy area with dem bahd guys but I no bahd like dem.

Thanks to my Mama for constantly formatting my head with backhand when necessary cheesy

Correct Kaspersky Anti-virus grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Sex On First Date Make A Lady Look Cheap? / Family Photos Of Five Female Generations / Is Flirting Classed As Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.