Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,558 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... (430 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 26, 2019
It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But Not Only On Christmas Day

There are 365 days in a year, and it's a good thing to give to those in need in any one of those days, which also includes the day of Christmas, so it's indeed a good thing to help the poor on Christmas day.

However when giving to the needy only takes place on Christmas day it is not a good thing, because Christmas day is just 1 day out of 365 days in a year.

So we don't have to wait until Christmas day to show some love to the needy because:

1. The needy are not only there for us to show some love to them on Christmas day, but 365 days of the year.

2. What we have to give to the needy may not be able to wait for them till Christmas day, so if we don't give it to them when we have them, but wait for Christmas day, by the time Christmas day comes, what we wanted to give to them may no longer there.

3. Not everyone who is needy would be able make it to Christmas day, and what we have to give to the needy may be what takes them to Christmas day.

So please let's show love to those in need while we yet have the love to show to them, and not wait till it Christmas day, because love is meant to be shown to the needy 365 days of the year and not just on Christmas day.

God bless you mightily as you do so.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 26, 2019
THEM NO NO
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 26, 2019
"Inasmuch As Ye Have Done It Unto One Of The Least Of These My Brethren, Ye Have Done It Unto Me." - Jesus
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by mrZENographer: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2019
No Christian said Christmas is the only time to give.
These are unnecessary chandelier
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 27, 2019
mrZENographer:
No Christian said Christmas is the only time to give.
These are unnecessary chandelier
Who said any Christian said that?

It wasn't me.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by mrZENographer: 10:33am On Dec 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
Who said any Christian said that?

It wasn't me.

I said that because you took time emphasizing why Christmas is not the only time to give.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2019
mrZENographer:

I said that because you took time emphasizing why Christmas is not the only time to give.
I took time emphasizing that because I thought it needed to be emphasized.

There are many who don't give until during Christmas period, so it's imperative that they know that they don't have to wait until it's Christmas before they give, for Christmas is just as every other day of the year.

If that message isn't necessary to you then you have every right to think that way.

But to me it is an important message that people need to hear, hence my sharing it.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by mrZENographer: 7:46am On Dec 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
I took time emphasizing that because I thought it needed to be emphasized.

There are many who don't give until during Christmas period, so it's imperative that they know that they don't have to wait until it's Christmas before they give, for Christmas is just as every other day of the year.

If that message isn't necessary to you then you have every right to think that way.

But to me it is an important message that people need to hear, hence my sharing it.

Thanks and God bless.

Even many unbelievers feel the need to go to Church on Christmas day.
Christmas carries a powerful divine influence.

That's why the devil and his agents are fighting hard to blackmail Christmas and turn it into a pagan's day with the help of ignorant/gullible Christian masses.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Splinz(m): 7:58am On Dec 29, 2019
mrZENographer:

That's why the devil and his agents are fighting hard to blackmail Christmas and turn it into a pagan's day with the help of ignorant/gullible Christian masses.

What powerful divine influence in a world deceives by Satan the devil?

Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by mrZENographer: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2019
Splinz:

What powerful divine influence in a world deceives by Satan the devil?

Whether you know it or not, God will build his church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

But the times must be fulfilled, when the devil....
"and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished." Daniel 12:7
"
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Splinz(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2019
mrZENographer:

Whether you know it or not, God will build his church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

But the times must be fulfilled, when the devil....
"and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished." Daniel 12:7
"

Enjoy your devil influenced Christmas celebration. That is just what it is my brother.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 30, 2019
mrZENographer:

Was it the devil and his agents that sent the worst disaster in living history, the Asian tsunami on boxing day in 2003 which killed over five hundred thousand people who were celebrating Christmas as you do?

It seemed to me similar to what Jesus said happened with the flood during the days of Noah's and which is similar to what would happen on the last day.

Matthew 24:37-39 (KJV)

But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away;
so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So because of the magnitude of the disaster and the day it happened, I thought it showed what God really thought about what you people do on Christmas day, and to also serve as a warning of what would happen on the last day, but maybe you think it was the devil and his agents that were also behind the Asian Tsunami.

https://www.nairaland.com/4845571/remembrance-asian-tsunami-gods-warning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by mrZENographer: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
jesusjnr:
Was it the devil and his agents that sent the worst disaster in living history, the Asian tsunami on boxing day in 2003 which killed over five hundred thousand people who were celebrating Christmas as you do?

It seemed to me similar to what Jesus said happened with the flood during the days of Noah's and which is similar to what would happen on the last day.

Matthew 24:37-39 (KJV)

But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away;
so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So because of the magnitude of the disaster and the day it happened, I thought it showed what God really thought about what you people do on Christmas day, and to also serve as a warning of what would happen on the last day, but maybe you think it was the devil and his agents that were also behind the Asian Tsunami.

https://www.nairaland.com/4845571/remembrance-asian-tsunami-gods-warning

Hmm you again.
I already beginning to doubt you are a real Christian.
"God has no pleasure in the death of sinners but that all should come to repentance".

In this matter, how are you different from the Athiests that claim God Almighty is wicked because he is responsible for the misfortunes, deaths, sorrows, disasters the world has been experiencing.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
mrZENographer:

Hmm you again.
I already beginning to doubt you are a real Christian.
"God has no pleasure in the death of sinners but that all should come to repentance".

In this matter, how are you different from the Athiests that claim God Almighty is wicked because he is responsible for the misfortunes, deaths, sorrows, disasters the world has been experiencing.
Who said God had pleasure in the death of sinners?

You keep drawing erroneous assumptions from what someone says.

So if someone says the Truth as Jesus did concerning the flood God sent to destroy all of mankind in the days of Noah, that would make someone to sound as an atheist, or is that how Jesus who said that sounds to you? Did Jesus sound like an atheist for saying the Truth?

Or did God destroying the whole of mankind in the days of Noah mean that He derives pleasure from the death of sinners?

This has nothing to do with atheists or atheism for atheists are usually Godhaters, so whatever they say about God is usually ulterior motivated, but that doesn't mean that a believer should not say the Truth about the reality of God sending sinners to eternal damnation if they don't repent.

God is the righteous judge, and He is perfect regardless of what He does.

The same way God sent the flood in the days of Noah, i believe it's the same way He sent the tsunami as sign and a warning to mankind.

But make no mistake that it means that God is responsible for the evil in the world Because man is responsible for it not Go, for it's the evils that men do that makes God have to bring such evils upon them.

You know that God didn't even spare His people Israel, so you need to learn about God more, because God does bring evil upon man, but He never does it except He has to and man asks for it via his wickedness.
Re: It's Good To Give To The Needy On Christmas Day But... by mrZENographer: 9:40am On Dec 31, 2019
jesusjnr:
Who said God had pleasure in the death of sinners?

You keep drawing erroneous assumptions from what someone says.

So if someone says the Truth as Jesus did concerning the flood God sent to destroy all of mankind in the days of Noah, that would make someone to sound as an atheist, or is that how Jesus who said that sounds to you? Did Jesus sound like an atheist for saying the Truth?

Or did God destroying the whole of mankind in the days of Noah mean that He derives pleasure from the death of sinners?

This has nothing to do with atheists or atheism for atheists are usually Godhaters, so whatever they say about God is usually ulterior motivated, but that doesn't mean that a believer should not say the Truth about the reality of God sending sinners to eternal damnation if they don't repent.

God is the righteous judge, and He is perfect regardless of what He does.

The same way God sent the flood in the days of Noah, i believe it's the same way He sent the tsunami as sign and a warning to mankind.

But make no mistake that it means that God is responsible for the evil in the world Because man is responsible for it not Go, for it's the evils that men do that makes God have to bring such evils upon them.

You know that God didn't even spare His people Israel, so you need to learn about God more, because God does bring evil upon man, but He never does it except He has to and man asks for it via his wickedness.

Since grace and truth came into the world (Jesus- John 1), the judgement of God has been reserved for the day of vengeance (After the rapture) and everlasting Judgement.

The problems mankind is experiencing today are caused by man's wickedness to man and the devil and his evil forces. They are not the hand/judgement of God. God simply does not intervene because men have despised and ignored him.
"And because men loved darkness rather than light" (John 3: 19)

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages Of Using Juju / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Someone Is Begging You For Food / Where Did Cain Get His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.