Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue (2479 Views)

How To Ivest In Stocks In Nigeria- Proven Steps / Investing In Stocks In Nigeria Do"s And Dont"s / Help Please Tell Me How And Where To Buy Stocks In Private Placement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by philipmay: 10:00am On May 27, 2007
I dont know when to buy or sell sharesin secondary issue not the IPO/PO.It is compulsory to have broker because i got a broker that intoduced me to but Nigerian Brewery at N150 in 2004,since then their stocks was so it is.That means i got a bad broker.Please,HOW DO I OR YOU KNOW WHEN TO BUY AND SELL STOCKS IN SECONDARY ISSUE?Do you Pay,read books,newspaper or you have an insider in the floor market.
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by enolase(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2007
What you need is a stock analyst. I offer this service on subscription basis at http://www.nairastocks.com

My personal experience has shown that many brokers do not know how to analyze stocks. They simply make buying and selling decisions based on market and personal sentiments. Whether you win or lose, they collect their commissions.

A broker had made a relation of mine lose close to N150,000. I came in and remedied that situation by selling that stock at a loss and putting the money in another stock that not only covered the loss, but made more money on top. That initial losing stock has not made any appreciable progress in the last 18 months! shocked (See the story on http://www.nairastocks.com)

Trading stocks (buying low, selling high) or speculating stocks is where the money in the stock market is, not buying long term and waiting for bonus or dividend.

Let me illustrate this.

A client of mine had 70,000 units of NAHCO. He called me to find out whether to sell this stock, or hold it and await the three for two bonus and 30 kobo dividend that had already been announced. I told him to sell, based on a simple calculation:

The choice was between these:

Sell 70,000 units of NAHCO at =N=70 (the price then) = N4.9 million. Remove commission charges, and that comes to N4.7 million.

OR

Hold 70,000 units; get three for two bonus (that is 3 X 70,000 units/2 =105,000 units). Total after markdown =175,000 units. Get 30 kobo dividend per share (N0.30 X 175,000 = =N=21,000).

NAHCO was marked down eventually to N26 per share. Therefore, worth of shares after markdown = 175,000 units X =N=26 = N4.5 million. Add value of dividend (N21,000)
Total is now N4.521 million.

Now subtract this figure from the pre-markdown figure, i.e. N4.7million - N4.521million = N179,000.

So by holding on to this stock, a guy with 70,000 units will lose =N=179,000.

Now at the time, I did not know the mark-down level, but after using his holdings to calculate his breakeven point using several possible mark-down prices, I asked him to sell, which he did, and the above calculation is how it all worked out.

I advised him to re-enter the stock after it had initially got down to a low of N26. He re-entered at =N=29.00. This stock is currently N36.69 and will still rally before the intended public offer comes up.

This is what you will get from someone with a sound knowledge of how to analyze stocks and how to maximize gains from them. You will hardly get this from brokers, especially if you are a small player who doesn't bring in millions.

That is why I set up http://www.nairastocks.com, so that the ordinary Nigerian can take advantage of the opportunities that are found on the NSE.

That is exactly how to maximize your gains from stocks.

So if you need to know when to buy or sell, subscribe to http://www.nairastocks.com. You will get the following services:

1) Stock buying and selling decisions
2) What to do with public offers
3) How to Make Your Share Certificates Functional
4) How to benefit from private placements
5) Get access to a whole lot of insider information you may never get elsewhere, among others.

Cheers. wink
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by philipmay: 6:50pm On May 27, 2007
@ENCLOSE
Are you a stock broker,how do you know when to buy and when to sell,that is my question.this is the only way www.nairastocks.com that you know.if there is any member that have use nairastocks services i need more info.
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by otokx(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2007
People dey wonder dey wonder dey wonder, left - right, left - right, left - right (one more time)
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by enolase(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2007
philipmay:

@ENCLOSE
Are you a stock broker,how do you know when to buy and when to sell,that is my question.this is the only way www.nairastocks.com that you know.if there is any member that have use nairastocks services i need more info.

Okay.

I am going to issue you a challenge.

I want you to go and meet a stockbroker, and then get advice on two stocks to buy, estimated Returns on Investment (ROI) within a particular time frame. Let him also tell you the reasons for his pick.

Then send me an email. I will advice you on two stocks to buy, and their estimated ROI within a particular time frame, and I will tell you the reasons for my pick.

Buy my pick and your broker's pick.

At the end of the contest, you judge for yourself.
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by easimoni(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2007
philipmay:

@ENCLOSE

I don't use enolase's services but based on his webiste and previous posts on nairaland, he is clearly more educated about buying/selling stocks than most stockbrokers I've met. I'd encourage you to take his challenge and sign up for his services if you have not had much success on our own. Most importantly, educate yourself.

I lost money of my first market deal based on bad advice from my broker. I have since educated myself and managed my own portfolio. I'm up more than 100% since this January!
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by philipmay: 8:45am On May 29, 2007
enolase:

Okay.

I am going to issue you a challenge.

I want you to go and meet a stockbroker, and then get advice on two stocks to buy, estimated Returns on Investment (ROI) within a particular time frame. Let him also tell you the reasons for his pick.

Then send me an email. I will advice you on two stocks to buy, and their estimated ROI within a particular time frame, and I will tell you the reasons for my pick.

Buy my pick and your broker's pick.

At the end of the contest, you judge for yourself.

@Enolase,
This is my email add lawtycoon325@yahoo.co.uk,i need your advice on two stocks to buy as you said.
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by philipmay: 8:47am On May 29, 2007
@Enolase,
This is my email add lawtycoon325@yahoo.co.uk,i need your advice on two stocks to buy as you said.
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by maneasy: 8:52am On Jan 23, 2008
Eniolase, your website is not opening to register
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by abudupp: 8:05pm On May 04, 2008
hello, i'm new to the stock market o! and i need quite a lot of advice on what stocks to invest my money in (coz it is really hard-earned) I like the analysis and precision of enolase and crazyt. i wouldnt mind advice from you two and any other person thats willing to help. thanks a lot
Re: How Do You Know When To Buy And Sell Stocks In Secondary Issue by peribiz(m): 5:33pm On May 18, 2008
Hello

I am excited to share with you this piece of information that I know will empower you for the years ahead.

Do you know that if you make an investment of N20000 and it has the capacity to make an hundred percent returns 12 times, your N20,000 would become N81,920,000?

Currently the global arena has become charged by equity investing. Forbes has rated Warren Buffet as the world's richest man. What is he into? He is a trader. He trades on stocks, currencies, options, futures.

You too can leverage on the expertise of other trading companies and become a profitable trader too. Warren Buffet had a profound opportunity to buy the DOW when it was less than $300 even against a friends advice. Today, the DOW has risen to over $12,000 per share.

If you visit resource sites like: www.pennystock.com www.agorafinancial.com You will be intrigued by the fact that you are missing a lot of opportunities to have a great financial future.

You are the reason we are here. To provide you the access to these international markets where you can buy stocks that have the capacity to do over 1000%.

PECT GLOBAL LTD. RC 725922 offers direct access to major US, European and Canadian equity, options and futures exchanges by partnering and/or affiliating with well regulated market makers and brokers in any of the countries the exchanges are located.

PECTStocks.com Offers online day traders direct market access to each of the following stock, option and futures exchanges.
- London - Paris

- Nikkei - Brussels
- Spain - Mexico
- Xetra - Lisbon
- Russia - Helsinki
- Copenhagen - Thailand
- Dublin - Milan
- Austria - Netherlands
- Canada - Malaysia
- Australia - Athens
- Hong Kong - Singapore
- New Zealand - South Africa
- Switzerland

You are offered leverage with Pectstocks from 1: 2 to 1:10 and the account creation process is very easy.
Account Creation Details:
- Only Members of the PectOnline Community are allowed to trade with the PectStocks platform. To join the community click here
- Minimum opening balance is $250 (N30,000)

PectStocks Application Form

Click on the link below to download the PectStocks application form: http://www.pectonline.com/StocksForm.pdf

For further details contact us.

Sunano Otemabor Favor
Chief Operations Officer
PECT GLOBAL LTD.
55 Opebi Road Ikeja, Lagos.

+234 8033854195
+ (0)1 8542247, 8543261, 8542808
www.pectonline.com
www.omavo.com
www.fxmoneysolutions.com

(1) (Reply)

The Dollar To Naira Is #173 To $1 / BVN For People Living Overseas. / Withdraw Foreign Currency In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.