Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! (91104 Views)

NAFDAC: Mama Put Food Sellers Are NOW Using PARACETAMOL To Cook / Nigerians Use Paracetamol To Cook Meat: Concern As More People Use It / Siji Olamiji And Egbemode: Using Paracetamol, Bleach To Process Garri Is Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by ZACHIE: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
This guys is raising a false alarm

1 Like

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Hopzin(m): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
chai
is one shock me o!
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Hoodbilonia: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
I must learn how to cook soup.
2020 buka with restaurant and fast food nor go see me again.
Na only God know wetin man son chop
My God
From using engine oil to fry chicken
To using paracetamol to boil meat
Jesus must not visit naija abeg

3 Likes

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
Sad
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
What will busy bachelors like us do ?. We just gotta buy this food mehn.
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by oluwaVaz(m): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
Some they use bunch of nail to cook meat too
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Chidex50(m): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nawaoooo..ppl sef
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nonsense. How many paracetamol will they buy to cook meat everyday? Stuppid fabricated stuff you read online.

1 Like

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by achiever1991: 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
I never heard that before in my life
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by thundafire: 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Jeez who discovered dis one again Kai Christmas for area boys house I know go
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Heffalump(m): 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Who is discovering and encouraging this rubbish practice
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by chiefolododo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
ademi87:
Hmmmm... Nkan nbe

2 Likes

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by BrutusOj(m): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hmmm...naija the land of new discoveries. cheesy
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Omogelle(f): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
Aderewah:
lol. Nigerians like doing foolish things. Thats how some people used salt to bath during ebola without any logical or medical sense.
like seriously I followed bath with salt even rubb anoting oil join

3 Likes

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by ikorodureporta: 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
e no go sweet na
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Ofemmanu1: 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
They have shifted from sugar, 7up and Lacasera.
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Mummyfour(f): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
No wonder some ponmos and meat bought from all those bukas are unnaturally tender. Honestly with this exposé,I don't think all those bukas buy extra kerosene or wood or even understand what a meat texturizer. Which means hmmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by crazygod(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nawa o. Will they ban paracetamol too?/ embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by sagtav(f): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
I've also seen some people using nailbor potash to cook pomo and meat; but paracetamol,..... God help us all.
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by habsydiamond(m): 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Too many desperados in this country. Na only God dey protect man wet be say him mouth na dumping ground for any kind of food. undecided

1 Like

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Fabricated nonsense angry
prof2007:
There are reports of many people (especially food vendors) using paracetamol to cook meat. Their reason for this is to quickly tenderize the meat and avoid long boiling times.

However, putting paracetamol into food has very serious health implications. When the drug is used for cooking, it is hydrolyzed (broken down) into 4-aminophenol, which is highly toxic to the kidney. Also, high consumption of analgesics over many years is a well-known cause of kidney damage.

Paracetamol poisoning usually causes liver failure which may also be accompanied by acute renal failure. High doses of aspirin or paracetamol can cause acute renal failure. Therefore (for health reasons), use of paracetamol for tenderizing meat must be highly discouraged.

Toughness of meat comes from the collagen (the connective tissues). During cooking it slowly breaks down into a substance called gelatin, and the meat becomes soft.

Without using paracetamol, you can tenderize meat by:
1. Cooking with a pressure cooker.
2. Brining (salting). This involves soaking the meat in a highly concentrated salt-water solution, typically for about 20 hours, before cooking.
3. Slicing the meat. This helps to sever muscle fibres and thereby hastens softening while cooking.
4. Pounding meat (e.g. with a mallet) before cooking.
5. Marinating (soaking) with acid in the form of vinegar, citrus juices or wine before cooking.
6. Marinating with enzymes. Pineapple, kiwi, ginger, Asian pear and pawpaw contain enzymes that can help tenderize meat.
7. Velveting the meat. This involves coating/soaking pieces of meat in a mixture of cornstarch, rice wine, salt, sugar, egg whites, and sometimes soy sauce, for about 30-45 minutes before cooking.
8. Slow-cooking the meat.
9. Using commercial meat tenderizers, which are sold in powder or liquid form. They should only be used sparingly, to avoid the meat becoming unpleasantly soft.

If you know anybody that uses paracetamol for softening meat, please advise them to desist forthwith!

This is an original article, published here for the first time.
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Ridorz: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
orisirisi, paracetamol to cook meat

1 Like

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Ridorz: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
orisirisi, paracetamol to cook meat
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Tapout(m): 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
I'm just hearing this for the first time oh sad
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Mplify(m): 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
Chia. 2020 I'm not eating out again.
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Kaybaba5(m): 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hearing for the first time
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by ppogba: 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
I always wonder how Nigerians come up with these researches.

First, it was using LACASERA drink to deal with any stubborn screw/nuts/bolts that is proving difficult. If you think this is a lie, ask your mechanic. Dem no born the screw well.

Second, it was boiling meat with 7up.

Third, it was putting a single nail (yes nail!) in a pot to make the meat soft quicker.

Naija! I hail una.

4 Likes

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by AreaFada2: 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
Haba!

The meat say he get headache Abi fever? shocked grin cheesy

Which absurdity will one not hear in this country? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by Mustack: 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
Humphrizy:
There is nothing wey musa no go see for gate undecided

Big yansh small yansh
Re: Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! by michealdeco: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nawaoo

Wetin Ned Stark no go see for king's landing

This is too much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Cause Of Waist Pain / How I Got Infected With HIV / Coronavirus: 4 New Cases In Lagos, Nigeria Confirmed By State Ministry Of Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.