Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please (9888 Views)

Nigerian Men Are Not Intelligent - Baddie / My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hi everyone, i dont want to bore you with long talk.
I need your advise on this issue,
Me and this girl have been in a relationship for over a year now, she posses some of the features i want in my woman but she's lacking one thing which is intelligence, i always be the one to bring up a topic we can talk about, I've never meet her for advice or anything that bothers me because i know she can't proffer any solution to it, we don't use to chat on WhatsApp after saying hi and i reply, how was your day that's the end, I'm the only one that bring up issue to discuss everytime but now am tired of it, I've complained to her several times but she said she don't what to say, I've sent her some books to read but she didn't read any of them. I'm thinking of breaking up with her because i can't cope with her again and then i decide to give it a second thought that's why i put it here if there is any other tips i can use to build her up to my taste

Advise me please!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by LordIsaac(m): 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Truth is, if it is a burden now that you see eachother occasionally, how would it be when you stay with her for 30years plus in marriage... So, my brother, not all the ladies we date can end up as our spouses.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Wisdom555(m): 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
This is really serious. Fluency is not a measure of Intelligence per se. What are her interests?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by zionmde: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
lilwetdick:
you want to give someone daughter books to read
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by MEGA4BILLION(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
The worst thing in life is living with a boring person. Problems in marriages and relationship arises from poor or lack of communication. When there is no communication, the relationship will be boring. To make up this deficit aspect of the relationship always results in either or both of the partners cheating. Sit her down, discuss this with her, observe her for some time then weigh out your options. But don't waste her time.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Wisdom555:
This is really serious. Fluency is not a measure of Intelligence per se. What are her interests?
Interests??
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Lonestar124: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
I hope the disscusion is about how to better one life not politics and celebrity lifestyles

Everybody can not be talkative!

11 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
MEGA4BILLION:
The worst thing in life is living with a boring person. Problems in marriages and relationship arises from poor or lack of communication. When there is no communication, the relationship will be boring. To make up this deficit aspect of the relationship always results in either or both of the partners cheating. Sit her down, discuss this with her, observe her for some time then weigh out your options. But don't waste her time.
Thanks for this
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by 1beat(m): 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
if that is the only reason you considered to leave her you might regret later .. look for mature and responsible married woman let her tutor ur girl friend. I sense you are not a good teacher. her environment and upbringing is reason for her actions

19 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
Lonestar124:
I hope the disscusion is about how to better one life not politics and celebrity lifestyles

Everybody can not be talkative!
Not at all.. Its about how to better our lives
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:
Thanks for this
Any time
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
1beat:
if that is the only reason you considered to leave her you might regret later .. look for mature and responsible married woman let her tutor ur girl friend. I sense you are not a good teacher. her environment and upbringing is reason for her actions
I suspect this too because that is how her younger sister is too. Thanks i will put this into consideration

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Rapmoney(m): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
She's timid or naive, maybe due to her environment or upbringing. That doesn't make her unintelligent. Do you really know what intelligence mean?

33 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Roroapple: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
grin cheesy grin mine den all she no na God is in control nothing more to advice on, nor chart about bored ASF

5 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by 1stNumeroUno: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
I'm sure you can still help bring the best out of your babe.

You have to be patient with her and look out for her interest (as someone ask you above about her interest I've not seen your reply).

If the wifey virtue you've noticed matter to you at all, endeavor to break through the wall of unintelligence (according to your words).

Then you got to KNOW her background, her past and personality.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Roroapple: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bro all I will say is let her go cos u can't put a fresh wine in an old bottle,I use to have one like dat for ur own good

4 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Wisdom555(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:

Interests??
she may have interests, try moving the conversation along that line and see.
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
i tire o! telling a youth to read in this economy is a herculean task. that she is socially awkward is not a sign of lack of intelligence. what do i know?
Wisdom555:

3 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by moscow406(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
undecided
Op just used his girlfriend as a case study from the sample size called "most uninterested Nigerian ladies".

How can you ascertain for a fact that she isn't intelligent ; because she doesn't bring up topics?

Answer the following questions
1. Is she a graduate or an undergraduate?
2. When exactly do you initiate conversations? When she's tired or energetic ; online or one on one?
3. Do the both of you stay within the same region or do you have a lot of things in common?

A lot of girls aren't as bright as they seem on social media, so they borrow hashtags when they post and reply with the archaic 'K' during conversations. But you can't really blame them, they have very little exposure to books and other sources of knowledge hence, they turn blank on most occasions. Ask them about BBNaija, the latest social trends, and voila, their cerebrum starts firing on full cylinder.

Op, you are not dating a mute, it's either she is a very quiet type; but if she likes you to an extent, that problem should be alleviated if she has feelings for you or she is not really interested in the relationship and is just enduring you and your excesses (I too know).

Bro, since you think highly of yourself as a very intelligent male of the human specie, it is expected of you to move more with people of the same calibre, intelligence wise since you're seeking a partner that can challenge you in conversations, tickle your intuition and widen your scope in whatsoever field you might be attracted to.

SUMMARY : The questions are for you to think about what you might be doing wrong. In layman's language : what you seek isn't in the vessel you call your partner, find another. Goodluck

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Geniemoi01(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:
Me and this girl have been in a relationship for over a year now, she posses some of the features i want in my woman but she's lacking one thing which is intelligence, i always be the one to bring up a topic we can talk about, I've never meet her for advice or anything that bothers me because i know she can't proffer any solution to it, we don't use to chat on WhatsApp after saying hi and i reply, how was your day that's the end, I'm the only one that bring up issue to discuss everytime but now am tired of it, I've complained to her several times but she said she don't what to say, I've sent her some books to read but she didn't read any of them. I'm thinking of breaking up with her because i can't cope with her again and then i decide to give it a second thought that's why i put it here if there is any other tips i can use to build her up to my taste

Advise me please!

She's not very attracted to you. She's not so interested in you. Trust me she's flowing very well and laughing at the jokes and even flirting with other guys. I have been in this position before. I just hope you are not a boring bf to her. On a whole she's not so into you. Let her go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Ramanto(m): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

I also noticed you aren't intelligent too. Your write up says it all. You are incoherent and unfiltered with your punctuation and grammar. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have put effort into noticing your errors but if you can summarize a girl for not being intelligent, I reserve the right to also spot the difference.

Both of you should consider yourselves as dumb and work together to uplift eachother. You both need eachother.

Richdad
But the OP's complaint wasn't about her grammar. This your assessment is uncalled for

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:

Advise me please!

Look at intelligence in a wife from 3 aspects. Her function to you, her function to the kids, and her loyalty.

Bro, for function to you, just get your gender roles right. When you want advice and gist, you go to your bro mates, not your wife. A man cannot discuss what he thinks are serious topics with a woman. What would interest an average woman; no matter how intelligent; is hardly likely to interest you and vice versa. Plus their analytical skills tend to focus on emotions rather than logic. Only a woman would advice you firmly and confidently: "I don't like it" without being able to profer a single logical reason as to 'why'.

As for function to the kids, intelligence in a woman is still somewhat important when it comes to nurturing them, otherwise, you will find yourself doing most of the work of bringing them up and teaching them things. And her lack of intelligence can even put members of the family in danger sometimes, like when she cannot forsee the consequences of some of her actions.

As for infidelity, both types are equally likely to cheat; one because she gets bored easily and likes variety, and the other because she has no idea when she is being set up sexually until after the deed.

So overall, I would say that an intelligent wife is much better for the sake of the kids, but if you are ready to do all the nurturing and teaching, it doesn't really matter.

Oh and you can't 'build up' intelligence. She is how she is.
Good luck.

15 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by TallPck1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
The OP needs to school her. I think that's your responsibility and not trying to leave her. You need to answer the question someone ask up there... Her interest ? Educational background.
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by chigoizie7(m): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
This one pass me
Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
MEGA4BILLION:

It is not the boring aspect that makes a relationship bad, it's the unrealistic expectation that you put on your partner to make it interesting for you. To make their lives interesting, men want their wives to be mental Einsteins (I couldn't think of an equivalent woman to cite) and women want their husbands to be financial Bill Gates. So they both see the marriage as boring when their expectations are unfulfilled.

5 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by chiefolododo(m): 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

I also noticed you aren't intelligent too. Your write up says it all. You are incoherent and unfiltered with your punctuation and grammar. Ordinarily, I wouldn't have put effort into noticing your errors but if you can summarize a girl for not being intelligent, I reserve the right to also spot the difference.

Both of you should consider yourselves as dumb and work together to uplift eachother. You both need eachother.

Richdad
richdad, you are extremely terrible

3 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Brock202: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
moscow406:
undecided
Op just used his girlfriend as a case study from the sample size called "most uninterested Nigerian ladies".

How can you ascertain for a fact that she isn't intelligent ; because she doesn't bring up topics?

Answer the following questions
1. Is she a graduate or an undergraduate?
2. When exactly do you initiate conversations? When she's tired or energetic ; online or one on one?
3. Do the both of you stay within the same region or do you have a lot of things in common?

A lot of girls aren't as bright as they seem on social media, so they borrow hashtags when they post and reply with the archaic 'K' during conversations. But you can't really blame them, they have very little exposure to books and other sources of knowledge hence, they turn blank on most occasions. Ask them about BBNaija, the latest social trends, and voila, their cerebrum starts firing on full cylinder.

Op, you are not dating a mute, it's either she is a very quiet type; but if she likes you to an extent, that problem should be alleviated if she has feelings for you or she is not really interested in the relationship and is just enduring you and your excesses (I too know).

Bro, since you think highly of yourself as a very intelligent male of the human specie, it is expected of you to move more with people of the same calibre, intelligence wise since you're seeking a partner that can challenge you in conversations, tickle your intuition and widen your scope in whatsoever field you might be attracted to.

SUMMARY : The questions are for you to think about what you might be doing wrong. In layman's language : what you seek isn't in the vessel you call your partner, find another. Goodluck
Answers
1)She's still an undergraduate
2)Online and whenever we're together too we barely talk about serious issues. Few weeks ago she complained about how i stopped chatting with her on WhatsApp and i said it to her face that i'm fed up of bringing up topic everytime, she nearly cried that day she said its not her fault that she don't what to say i should teach, that's when i sent her some books for women
3) We are not from same region

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by LotusFan: 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

Savage !!!

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by Gofwane(m): 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
lilwetdick:
you want to give someone daughter books to read
The guy resembles Airforce1 grin

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brock202:
Me and this girl have been in a relationship for over a year now,

so for a year you have been happy with this babe?!?!?

she posses some of the features i want in my woman but she's lacking one thing which is intelligence,

so she possesses EVERYTHING you want in a woman but intelligence...and how is that a problem (after a year)?

i always be the one to bring up a topic we can talk about,

bringing up topics to talk about has absolutely NOTHING to do with intelligence

I've never meet her for advice or anything that bothers me because i know she can't proffer any solution to it,

but you dont have/know the solution (or right advice) yourself, yet you call yourself intelligent?!?!?!

we don't use to chat on WhatsApp after saying hi and i reply, how was your day that's the end, I'm the only one that bring up issue to discuss everytime

talking on social media or via chat app is irrelevant with being intelligent.

but now am tired of it, I've complained to her several times but she said she don't what to say,

.. and she is right. so you expect this woman to be like YOU desire her to be, while you should instead accept that she simply AINT!
men like you who try to change people into what they are not, are failing miserably in the long run.

I've sent her some books to read but she didn't read any of them. I'm thinking of breaking up with her because i can't cope with her again and then i decide to give it a second thought that's why i put it here if there is any other tips i can use to build her up to my taste

stop wasting your time and free the babe so she can go and be happy with someone else... she is NOT the babe for you. give it up and stop wasting energy trying to model her after what you desire

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Wetin Dey Hungry Me [Picture] / Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic / Is 4 Years Too Long For Courtship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.