Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion (27114 Views)

DSS Shoot To Disperse Protesters Seeking Sowore’s Release (Photo) / Sowore’s Release A Victory For The Rule Of Law---serap / Ondo Women Protest Topless, Demand Sowore’s Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by ColonelEmeka: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Babatunde Gbadamosi, former governorship candidate of the Action Democratic Party (ADP) in Lagos state, says his statement on the release of Omoyele Sowore and Sambo Dasuki was quoted out of context.

On Tuesday, Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation (AGF), asked the Department of State Services (DSS) to release Sowore, pro-democracy activist, and Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA).

Gbadamosi was reported to have said they were released to divert the attention of Nigerians from the “unsuccessful attempt on the life of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan” which happened a few hours earlier.

“A couple of days ago, I posted a tweet where I thanked God for the release of Sowore and Dasuki and I said further in that tweet that I could not shake the feeling that it was timed to divert public attention from the attack on President Goodluck Jonathan, ” Gbadamosi said.

“This was simply my personal opinion and observation. I was quoted out of context.

“I felt like the government might want to douse tension that might be generated from the attack on Jonathan by focusing the public attention on the release of the two gentlemen while carrying out investigation on the incident at Otuoke.

“What I simply stated was an opinion, a suspicion to which I’m entitled to. And if the public space has become one where an opinion cannot be stated, then we really are in trouble in this country.

“My opinion should have generated a public discussion. But certain elements in authority seem to think otherwise. This kind of intolerance does not belong in a democracy. My intention was to ignite debate.”

https://www.thecable.ng/gbadamosi-my-statement-linking-sowores-release-to-attack-on-jonathan-mere-suspicion

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by ColonelEmeka: 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
This era of hate speech and fake news is a very serious issue. He made a definite claim with his initial comment and is now trying to claim it was quoted out of context and was said out of mere suspicion

The government should hurry up and pass the bill. I have had enough of this hate speeches which are mostly false and targeted at a cross section of the country

82 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by sweetonugbu: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:
This era of hate speech and fake news is a very serious issue. He made a definite claim with his initial comment and is now trying to claim it was quoted out of context and was said out of mere suspicion

The government should hurry up and pass the bill. I have had enough of this hate speeches which are mostly false and targeted at a cross section of the country
soon you will get tired of defending the actions of this clueless government.

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by ColonelEmeka: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
[s]
sweetonugbu:
[/s]

Thank you for the unsolicited advice

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Afamed: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
You will explain to DSS in due time

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Lagosfinder(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
Oga this kind suspiscion can land you in kuje o

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by ColonelEmeka: 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
He says his intention was to ignite debate... REALLY?

He must think everyone is stupid

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by nkwuocha1: 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
[s]
ColonelEmeka:
He says his intention was to ignite debate... REALLY?

He must think everyone is stupid
[/s]

Not everyone...First, General Muhammad Buhari supporters.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Charmingrascal(m): 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
If he is eventually arrested and asked to prove his unfounded claim some pple wll be saying he is being persecuted

He said what he said just to turn GEJ's loyalists and PDP members against APC and Gen M. Buhari's govt.

He tried to cause confusion
He is sitting in Lagos & he thinks he knws Bayelsa affair more than Bayelsans.
Obviously he uses his mouth before his brain

I wish he would be arrested for pestering falsehood and making false allegation against the Office of the President

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by helinues: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Yohh: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
Mumu, if they arrest this one now, other mumus go start shouting..

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by oshdam2015: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
This one just sit dey find general bubu and DSS trouble, saying he wants to raise debate. Dem go soon debate ur matter if u r not careful.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by olaboy33(m): 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
I like this man but he goofed in his earlier statement.

There is no way he can explain that he wasn't trying to heat up the polity in his statement, opinion, suspicion or whatever .

22 Likes

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by IpobAntidote: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
sweetonugbu:

Sooner or later you will get tired of wailing and crying.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by LagosWahala: 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
DSS have cut this one warning���

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by ainas247: 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
shocked Smart Guy, His Governorship debate was great...

Rank your website on Google
get real traffic with
Best SEO practice
chat up
Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by hisexcellency34: 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Afonjas and fear>>>

14 Likes

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Louisananda7(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Baba is talking like a novice, you're a politician for Christ 's sake. It's a Russian roulette game, don't talk at all.

3 Likes

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by babyfaceafrica: 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Why can't you just keep quiet

8 Likes

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by RichDad1(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Who takes this worthless and failed politician serious again?
He’s a known fake news merchant.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
VANITY
Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Chukwurah003: 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
This fool needs to be arrested

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by thundafire: 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
He never accused government of attacking GEJ directly he gave his opinion I wonder how people support dis government

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Luckysbab: 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
Where's that guy that sells loaded hard drives from PH sef?
Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by Frankyboy1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
Never say what you are not sure of, or you will be made to sound foolish later in life, when its time to eat back your words

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by jaytee01(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

You are free to leave the country with your fake moniker or advise your paymasters to do the right thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by SenecaTheYonger: 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
I spoke out against hate speech bill and fake news, but I really fvcking hate all these fake news and hate speech. A lot of tension and even war have been started due to false information.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbadamosi: My Statement Linking Sowore’s Release To Attack On GEJ Mere Suspicion by beardedboy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
I read the full article of his first statement. Only two kinds of people would have misunderstood his statement;

- a lazy youth who read only the headline and refused to read the complete article.

- a bigot who has a negative and hateful mindset.

And big thanks to the news media that twisted the article just to gather attention.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Considers Accepting Yuan Instead Of Dollars For Chinese Oil Sales / Wike Replies Senator Ireti Kingibe (Video) / Osinbajo Meets With Oba Of Benin, Ewuare (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.