Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,280 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:21 PM

How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs (4621 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Employers Request Irrelevant Information? / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / Types Of Spirits That Make Nigerian Youths Mentally Lazy And Unproductive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by coolestchris(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Am just wondering...

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
Yahoo

5 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by helinues: 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Not only not having jobs, adding more kids while jobless

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Ndibunna: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
With all these recruitment going on, you still don't have job.

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by coolestchris(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
helinues:
the level of stupidity of those people is mind boggling

14 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by coolestchris(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ndibunna:
gimme work na

10 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by donbachi(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
"chairman anything for ur boy".

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by meobizy(f): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
“Mummy, daddy, I need transport fare to and fro to visit a friend.”. That friend hustled to save up some money to buy beers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by kings59: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
There is no need to form online or on a social media, the truth is that I haven't gotten a job.

I reside in lagos, I do apply for jobs, but I haven't gotten any.

I just hope i get one.

I wish to work in a bank, to be a banker or work in a telecom company. Sincerely, I am very hard working, I don't joke with punctuality, i even work under stress. I font allow personal reasons to affect me.

I do pray also, with faith, prayers and being optimistic, I am gonna make it.

graduated 2015, served October 2016 - Nov 2017.

I hope 2020 would bring good news.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by balaclava: 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Some create one no matter how small, then grow it from seed to Sequoia.
#Entrepreneurs #GetRichOrDieTrying. #Legit

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Many Youths have side hustles. You'd be surprised some earn more than actual jobs. The problem is Nigerians are hardwired to think everybody must hold a briefcase and head to work everyday.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by CaveAdullam: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bet9ja or sport related betting has really helped many and from my observations it is now taken as a full time job by some.

Others have relatives abroad who supports them from time to time and eventually those who are lucky finds their way to join their loved ones abroad before kick starting a new life.

Some are continuously taken care of by their parents until the time they find a good job.

The last one I call the resilient ones, they don't have a full time job, they are the Jack of all trade. Even if they are master in few or none, they always endeavor to ensure that there is cash flow so that they won't totally run out of cash.

God has not forsaken anyone, if you definitely believe in the Lord Jesus Christ He will surely make a way. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall sour up with eagles wing, walk and not faint, run and not become weary.

Don't think you can make it through social vices, it last only for a short time but the end is destruction.

No matter how cashless you are, try and look for data to download PDF books of your area of interest, bite and chew all letters and words in them, begin to work out the little you have learnt and don't stop. One day your light shall burst out like the day.

If you have opportunity to learn a skill of interest please do and endeavor to master all its terms and conditions.

Jealous no man, pray for the betterment of all and don't lose faith in God.

Thanks.

God bless.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by czarina(f): 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
kings59:
There is no need to form online or on a social media, the truth is that I haven't gotten a job.

I reside in lagos, I do apply for jobs, but I haven gotten any.

I just hope i get one.

I wish to work in a bank, to be a banker or work in a telecom company. Sincerely, I am very hard working, I don't joke with punctuality, i even work under stress. I font allow personal reasons to affect me.

Why don't you create your own thread in the vacancy/job section. It would increase/boost your chances of getting one.

You may also consider following the vacancy, business and agric sections.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by kings59: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
czarina:
Why don't your own thread in the vacancy/job section. It would increase/boost your chances of getting one.

You may also consider following the vacancy, business and agric sections.

Good luck.

First and foremost, thanks for these ideas and your contribution.

Well, I do follow these threads you mentioned, but the OPs are taking advantage to the situation.

You open a thread, and you see the op booking 16 spaces for comments without describing the job. All most of them do is to add a link of which when you click, you would be redirected.

These are the hard times, everything has been bastardised.

Man must not be in one position, even the earth keeps spinning, it keeps bringing the force of lovely beginning.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by franchasng: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
CaveAdullam:
Bet9ja or sport related betting has really helped many and from my observations it is now taken as a full time job by some.

Others have relatives abroad who supports them from time to time and eventually those who are lucky finds their way to join their loved ones abroad before kick starting a new life.

Some are continuously taken care of by their parents until the time they find a good job.

The last one I call the resilient ones, they don't have a full time job, they are the Jack of all trade. Even if they are master in few or none, they always endeavor to ensure that there is cash flow so that they won't totally run out of cash.

God has not forsaken anyone, if you definitely believe in the Lord Jesus Christ He will surely make a way. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall sour up with eagles wing, walk and not faint, run and not become weary.

Don't think you can make it through social vices, it last only for a short time but the end is destruction.

No matter how cashless you are, try and look for data to download PDF books of your area of interest, bite and chew all letters and words in them, begin to work out the little you have learnt and don't stop. One day your light shall burst out like the day.

If you have opportunity to learn a skill of interest please do and endeavor to master all its terms and conditions.

Jealous no man, pray for the betterment of all and don't lose faith in God.

Thanks.

God bless.
Sad reality of the sorry situation of Nigeria as a nation. This issue do worry me and I really wished my small company could employ more hands and be a source of joy for more people, but unfortunately, it can't hire more or else we won't be able to pay salaries based on the company's monthly revenue now.

This has always been my prayer, dear Lord, help my company grow more so that I can employ more youths and be the pillar of many families.

I want to also encourage young people still hoping for a job not to turn down any job just because the salary is small. In Nigerian setting, it is not easy to get your desired job immediately so you need to work your way up gradually by gaining experiences and acquiring sellable skills based on your field of study or interest.

And lastly, dear youths, don't think your unemployment status now will remain forever, have faith in yourself and trust in God...you can form a business startup group with two or three of your friends with like minds and pull your resources together to startup a joint business but make sure the terms are well stated and documented and if possible you guys can involve a lawyer.

God will see you all through, its unfortunate that I cannot help now by offering you guys a job, but remember me in your prayers so my company can grow so I can offer more jobs to our hardworking and honest youths willing to work and better their lives cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by ednut1(m): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Parents and siblings help put

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
The elites & leaders think d rate at which unemployment dey increase for dis country no concern them as long as their kids & close relatives get good jobs. To hell with d others.

They seriously believe d youths will be docile 4 ever. The way anger, frustration & crime dey increase for this country is alarming. Forget d statistical bullshyt being churn out yearly.Its 100 times worst!!!!

Am already here, but my kids?, by d grace of God, I WILL DO ANYTHING & EVERYTHING LEGALLY POSSIBLE TO MAKE SURE THEY AIN'T NIGERIANS. I will make sure they become citizens of a country that works & actually cares for its citizens.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
They don't know what it means to be employed at first so they won't know the difference,that's why they voted a stack illiterate as president and Sharia chief of justice both illiterates.where on earth does a Fulani man run an economy?some one very premitive and backward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Chapter1vs6(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
I survive writing for various blogs even though the pay is poor. Imagine writing 1 naira per word... 800words is equivalent to 800naira. Can you imagine the mental effort and time demanding such write up could be?? Yet, atimes after collection our write up, some will block us on whatsapp.

Christmas went just like that but I am hoping to get a gig, before new year... Make I fit buy Malt or very chilled coke. Man must survive

helinues:
thats what fela called DOUBLE WHALAH FOR DEADI BODYI

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Twizzy30(m): 11:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
helinues:
I fee this is wickedness, Some are getting married without a job or comfortable roof above their head.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nnaemiemax: 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
kings59:

I reside in lagos, I do apply for jobs, but I haven't gotten any.

I just hope i get one.

2020 would definitely be your year by the grace and mercy of God in Jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 27, 2019
Yahoo

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 27, 2019

1 Share

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by iamharkinwaley: 2:10am On Dec 27, 2019
I pray God help us, I've got no job to.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by ogongogames(m): 2:33am On Dec 27, 2019
Every time I read about the youth employment situation in Nigeria I just SMH. I finished serving Autumn 2014, then I traveled back to the UK. Started working in January 2015 as a Rail Consultant and have been in employment since. I still have friends from NYSC that I'm in touch with, some managing with teaching jobs others still in unemployment! (either doing bet9ja or commission selling). It's painful to think about as I know these are people who are hardworking and have the brain. I look at the experiences I've managed to gain in that time (e.g. published a research paper) and I'm still relatively young at 27.

One thing I will say though is it's true what they say...connections are quite important but this has been the case for decades. A close NYSC friend of mine managed to get a job at the CBN, although it took a while another that I went to the same Uni with in the UK, has been working for a bank for roughly as long as I've been working.
However I would also like to appeal to many of you to stay focused. I've also seen a number of people get into workforce by giving themselves an advantage. For example, LinkedIn can be a great resource, a Nigerian graduate contacted me enquiring about job opportunities in my sector. I told him I wasn't based in Nigeria but directed him to a couple of companies he should try writing to. Some months later, he actually got a job I believe with one of these companies.

Good luck to all of you job seekers entering into 2020. I'm always praying for a you guys success.

10 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by Dpaulie(m): 3:15am On Dec 27, 2019
Bet9ja and other betting methods, parents scamming, small, small yahoo etc...jobless life, the most miserable life
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by FVckmannabbQ: 6:05am On Dec 27, 2019
Ndibunna:

Audio recruitment.

Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by oboy81: 6:06am On Dec 27, 2019
alexxiswrites:
Many Youths have side hustles. You'd be surprised some earn more than actual jobs. The problem is Nigerians are hardwired to think everybody must hold a briefcase and head to work everyday.
Some nigerians are hardwired yes deoends on the area.
The only Job i Could do atm is to teach, but the thought of teaching in A Nigerian Private Secondary School alone is Sad to me, i just Can't work there at all, at alllllll
The money i get from "german german" is still equivalent even higher than that

1 Like

Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by enawt: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2019
Interesting thread
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by TopeQs: 7:12am On Dec 27, 2019
balaclava:
Some create one no matter how small, then grow it from seed to Sequoia.
#Entrepreneurs #GetRichOrDieTrying. #Legit

not everyone can thrive as an entrepreneur, we need to know that.
Re: How Do Nigerian Youths Survive Without Having Jobs by fatymore(f): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2019
In as much as you can,don't try and stay idle.

Happy Resumption to all workers.

God would pick our calls one day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Recruits 500 For Refuse Evacuation / Please Share Your First Hand Experience Working With Opay / Npower Osun State let us meet here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.