Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (79549 Views)

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
I think this should sound as a warning to all of us.

The social media has turned to a place where we go to talk about everything we do, and all our experiences. You get a new job? It goes online. Your heart rob proposes? You want your Facebook and Twitter fans to hear about it.

Even photos of your baby bump, which used to be private are now used to gather likes and comments on the social media. We never know the implications of these things until they hit hard on us.

A Nigerian Facebook user, Igbo Clifford Chimaizuobi recently shared a story on his Facebook wall. According to the post, a lady lost her job because of a jealous friend, and the friend couldn't have heard of it if she didn't celebrate online.

The lady in question is based in Lagos, and the bad one hasn't even been there once. She got a job and posted it online so her friends will send her the normal congratulations!

Things turned out different when the poster's friend, felt it was time to repay her for the evil she has previously done to her, and wrote to the company, telling her she was of questionable character.

You can check out the story on his Facebook wall. It is a lesson to all of us.

Warning To People Who Post Everything About Their Lives On Social Media
I was with a female friend in my room two weeks ago, and we were discussing.

She was scrolling through her Facebook newsfeed and then came across her friend's update, where she was celebrating getting a job in a top Lagos based tech firm.

She felt jealous, and I could easily detect even though she was trying to act cool.

Somehow, she began to tell me about that her friend, and how she spoilt her show few months ago, and she'll do everything possible to get her own pound of the flesh.

Did I mention that the job was to be their accountant?

Well, anty sent them an email, telling them of how the lady was untrustworthy and had to be sacked from the former job.

Few days later, she came to me smiling, the lady has updated again.

The firm texted her to say that they could not give her the job again, stating that the reasons were not ones they could disclose.

She lost her job for a single Facebook post. All the congratulations turned to sorrow. When you update your friends, you also update your enemies.
We're not here to complete with anyone. Stop sharing all your winning stories!

Thanks a lot for reading along. What do you think? If she had decided to keep her cool, her job would have been safe with her till now.

Stop trying to impress an invisible crowd. The social media is an army of unlimited friends and haters, and even your friends who are loosing in life can get jealous when they hear your winning stories.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1212781775779097&id=100011418585682

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
What do you think?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by donbachi(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
If she chose to squander her savings onetime,wetin come concern dem...abi she no work for am?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
if you have a questionable past to the point that your future employer may change their mind about you, then why is that wrong?!?! that friend saved that employer from future sorrow about that questionable individual.

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Ijeoma660(f): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Joseph in the bible told his dreams to people who had nothing to contribute to his dreams but rather to end him and his big dreams...

Keep your success stories to yourself. Let your success tell its story by itself.

362 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by FlordFlorez(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
This is deep. Inside life...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by anochuko01(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Since i learnt to stop seeking validation from people, i stopped posting much on social media.

Bible says "he who whatches over his mouth keeps his life.."
In the same manner i say, "he who watches over his fingers (from posting stuffs online) keepeth his life too"

321 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Sirmuel1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
That's very good!!! Next time, she will learn to live a private life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Ayobami7(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
真棒

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by iamapplord(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
This is a very painful REVENGE!!

My own is that other lady who loose her job must not know her unknown enemy caused it!!

#HappyBoxingDay

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by ednut1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
I smell lies

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by uboma(m): 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
The story is not entirely true except the friend truly presented facts to the employer to back up her allegation that the lady is of a questionable character.

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by realstars: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
One thing I see in social media is that,
It is all about "Abstract." every one are air Mask.
The same friends are the same enemies.

Data can do it all, if you wish.
But all is v a n I t y

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Dottore: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Most of the people who go online to celebrate their success do it to intimidate their less fortunate contemporaries. Others do it to show that they have arrived without knowing that they have just inadvertently ignited the fury of antagonists and inspired vengeance from hidden enemies.

Sorry ma. Welcome to Africa. Nigeria on spot

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by BlackIP: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
grin

YES THE STORY IS NOT COMPLETE ....

THAT'S WHY WE CANNOT COMPETE WITH ANYBODY !!!!

RIP ENGLISH !!!!

6 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Pavore9: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Another tales by moonlight. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by updatechange(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
On a real Nigeria is that hard undecided
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by chukwuibuipob: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
sad village messenger of misfortune. fear friend
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Lalasticlacla sef grin
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Jaking(f): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Bad Belle friends just like some on nairaland claiming you false without even using 1s of their brain to reason

Loyalty pays that's my logo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Oxtertee(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Some have no joy.
Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by DonBenny77(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
I get time to update status?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by DarkandHandsome(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Moral: Learn to shut the f*ck up always. Just like and stroll

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by victorazyvictor(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Audio job grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
This post make sense
Meanwhile............

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by sLentlover7778(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Take heart.. low key lifestyle pay..

meanwhile in 2020 get a comfortable stool,sit down and select your friends like beans...else you'll chew stone again in 2020..

Be guided.. grin grin grin

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by rebelXYZ: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
She can sue such firm.

Looking at it from another angle, this story is very mumuish.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by Situation001(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
the story no sweet

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by qualityovenbake(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Lesson: Is not everything you put on public domain

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by kennyjam: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hmmm,

Gragra,see wetin u cause?

Everything is now being made public, after they will say it is the village people.
Village people that are on their own drinking palm wine and taking bitter cola jejely...

Let it be a lesson to all!

By the way, I haven't even read the story self. In Malam Musa's voice "letimi go checki wetin deya dem dey do dia"

What she did to herself is synonymous to the image below... Where somebody dance dem spray am money,u fit go dance them beat u.

Happy boxing day Nairalanders!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by meobizy(f): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
E no concern me. I will still celebrate my achievements online. I thought it was a case where the company changed its mind after coming across her posts. Since she has bad belle friends she has to suffer a little from her choices. With time she’ll learn to weed non-beneficial humans.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) by UNCL3(m): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
I stopped living my life on the Internet ever since I....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 / 5 Female Employees Of NIS Who Participated In Falz 'Don't Rush' Redeployed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.