Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:35 PM

RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (117502 Views)

Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain / Olubunmi Diya Insists Pastor Gabriel Diya & 2 Children Who Drowned Could Swim / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by lalasticlala(m): 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
Police in Spain have named the three members of a British family who drowned in a hotel swimming pool on the Costa del Sol on Christmas Eve.

They were identified as Gabriel Diya, a 52 year-old London-based pastor,his son Praise-Emmanuel Diya, 16, and daughter Comfort Diya, nine.

They died at the Club La Costa World resort on the Spanish coast, about two miles to the south of Fuengirola and about 20 miles from Málaga.

Diya was minister in charge at Open Heavens in Charlton, south-east London, which is part of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), a Nigeria-based network of religious groups.

According to Spanish police, Comfort got into difficulty while playing in one of the 21 swimming pools at the resort.

Her father and older brother jumped in to try to save her but also struggled in the water. Despite poolside attempts to resuscitate them, all three died at the scene. A witness told the Mirror that Diya’s wife prayed as CPR was performed on her husband and children.

Postmortem examinations carried out on Christmas Day confirmed death by drowning, Spanish police confirmed.

A neighbour of the family described the Diyas as “very religious, very friendly, very humble” and said she was “devastated” by the news of tragedy.

Speaking outside her home in Charlton, south-east London, Lara Akins, 59, added: “I still can’t comprehend it, it’s still shocking. They are so nice, that is why everybody is shocked... we are very friendly with each other.”

After the incident police divers retrieved the girl’s swimming hat from the pool’s pump, but found nothing wrong with the pool’s filtration and pump system.

Staff from the resort told Spanish media that several employees had rushed to the poolside when they heard the screams for help, performing CPR and using defibrillators in an effort to revive the Diya and the two children.

Diya’s wife and the third sibling had been given psychological treatment, the reports said, adding that investigators had paid particular attention to the pool’s filter system and taken samples of the water for analysis.

The resort management, which has opened its own internal investigation into the incident, denied any negligence and insisted there was “no problem” with the pool which was “totally fit for swimming”.

The pool did not have lifeguards on duty at the time of incident, according to local reports. It has since reopened to the public.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/26/father-and-children-who-drowned-in-costa-del-sol-pool-named

Meanwhile, Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Central Office, UK announced the demise of Pastor Diya via a Facebook Post:

"With heavy hearts, we extend our condolences to the family, parish, friends and associates of Area Pastor Gabriel Diya who sadly passed away, along with two of his children - Comfort Diya (9 years old) and Praise Emmanuel Diya (16 years old) - in a tragic incident while on a family holiday in Spain on 24th December 2019.

Pastor Gabriel Diya, who was also the Parish Pastor of Open Heavens, Charlton in London was aged 52. He is survived by his wife Assistant Pastor Olubunmi Diya and their daughter.
At this very difficult time, our prayers are for Pastor Gabriel Diya's family, the parishes that were under his supervision, friends, associates, members of RCCG and the general public."

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Riele(f): 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
He was a pastor ! Wasn't he prayerful enough ? .

God , why did you let this happen ? .
What reply will his family give to those who taunts ? .

God , sometimes , you make me doubt your existence .

I'm so sad . I also lost a best friend today . He too served you .

I dedicate this FTC to my friend Isaac . May his gentle soul rest in peace .

237 Likes 17 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
If they all end up in paradise, they would be verrrrrrrry Happy and thankful to God, and would wish his wife and others joined them immediately. This life isn't cool at all.

Meanwhile, one have to be a good Muslim to enter paradise.

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by GOFRONT(m): 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
Chaiiii

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
QUITE unfortunate

they saw 2020 from a distance but couldnt reach it may GOD save us from such death in JESUS name

39 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Zenzu01(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
Enjoyment gone wrong.

RIP

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
I bet he didn't see that one coming. Had he escaped it, it would have been testimony time. Now that it got him, I wonder what his folks think. undecided

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Goldenheart(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
shocked
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by itsme01: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by officialfestus(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
Pastors and native doctors normally don't see visions for their own selves... Well rip to him and others that lost their life today

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Houseofglam7(f): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
OMG
Please No!
May their souls rest in peace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Funkybabee(f): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
Jesus
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by HappyPagan: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
binghamm:
I bet he didn't see that one coming. Had he escaped it, it would have been testimony time. Now that it got him, I wonder what his folks think. undecided
Maybe he sinned. Maybe he wasn't prayerful enough.

It's like people believe being a Christian is some sort of protection against 'accidents' and death.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by ednut1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Prayers can never change the will of.God . This is another example

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Lewisalexander(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
They were having fun with tithe and offering money grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
VANITY

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by wiseone28: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
So unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by uzohrome(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
I feel for them, very bad and I can't question God. I did cried because the pains will much to bear for the wife, Take hrt woman of God. No amount of crying and weeping will bring back the souls of the departed ones. Just take it as woes and sorrow of life. Take hrt Ma and God will give you fortitude to bear the loss.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Davepal: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Does it mean that there was no lifesaving jacket or tube on the said swimming pool.

From indication, the pastor was trying to save his son and daughter and at the same time lost his life.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Dshocker(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Lord have mercy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by LOVEGINO(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Death await u anywhere. RIP

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Riele:
He was a pastor ! Wasn't he prayer enough ? .

God , why did you let this happen ? .
What reply will his family give to those who taunts ? .

God , sometimes , you make me doubt your existence .

I'm so sad . I also lost a best friend today . He too served you .

I dedicate this frontpage to my friend Isaac . May his gentle soul rest in peace .
Life is way deeper than what we see.
Death is inevitable, it's a necessary part of life. The unanswerable question here is "when will it come?"

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
This is why I do not play with water

RIP to them

GeniusWannabe:

Life is way deeper than what we see.
Death is inevitable, it's a necessary part of life. The unanswerable question here is "when will it come?"
Death is not part of life, it is the end of life

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by doggedfighter(f): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Was god asleep?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Pavore9: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Painful.

7 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by iamJ(m): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
See explanations above

God get pr agents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Alvin212(m): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Once oshi.

Na Spain you dey go blow dough

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by chigoziri2403(m): 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
I just don't understand the whole scenerio, father and son jumped into save daughter, three of them died.....the more I read, the more I get confused
RIP

58 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion / Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.