Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? (349 Views)

N5.5bn SUVs: If Democracy Is Expensive, Try Dictatorship - Adedayo Adeyeye / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by judgementyard(m): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Let's be sincere to ourselves, are we happy with the system of government we are practicing.?
Are we okay with the way things are going in our present day society?
It's true that every society has it's ups and downs, but I honestly believe that ours is unique and saddening at the same time.
A country so blessed with human and natural resources,yet the majority of 'her' children are 'suffering and smiling' (fela)!
I see the youths and citizens of Hong Kong,Iraq and..... Protesting against the government of the day, demanding for what they the majority see as their right and I look at my people and cry.
It's high time we let go of our differences be it religious, ethnic or political and work things out before it's too late.
Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by Brandstudio01: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
Even at that, their supporters will come at you Op. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
judgementyard:

It's high time we let go of our differences be it religious, ethnic or political and work things out before it's too late.

You are asking for a miracle which will never be performed, the country is irredeemable.
Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by budaatum: 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
Ours is in no way unique apart from our own helplessness. Hong Kongers feel responsible for their existence, which is why they are on the street trying to create the country they desire, while we are obviously content with ours and get on with it, or we too would be trying to fix the bits we dislike.

As to your question about democracy, did you not vote? Are you one of those who thinks a vote does not count? If so, I blame you. Next time speak up at election time by voting, campaigning, and even writing a manifesto and asking us to vote for you!

As a wise man once said, we are the architects of the mess we are in.

Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by judgementyard(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2019
byrron:

You are asking for a miracle which will never be performed, the country is irredeemable.
Yeah, you right my brother.
What do we do then?
Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
judgementyard:

Yeah, you right my brother.
What do we do then?

Self redemption and liberation is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by judgementyard(m): 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2019
[quote author=Brandstudio01 post=85272606]Even at that, their supporters will come at you Op. Mark my words [/quote
I'll be right here grin
Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by judgementyard(m): 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2019
[quote author=byrron post=85273135]

Self redemption and liberation is the way to go.[/quote
Thanks
Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by judgementyard(m): 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
budaatum:
Ours is in no way unique apart from our own helplessness. Hong Kongers feel responsible for their existence, which is why they are on the street trying to create the country they desire, while we are obviously content with ours and get on with it, or we too would be trying to fix the bits we dislike.

As to your question about democracy, did you not vote? Are you one of those who thinks a vote does not count? If so, I blame you. Next time speak up at election time by voting, campaigning, and even writing a manifesto and asking us to vote for you!

I did vote in the last election (Atiku/Peter)
Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by judgementyard(m): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
budaatum:

I did vote in the last election,(Atiku/obi)
Re: Democracy: Is It Really Practiced In Nigeria? by budaatum: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
judgementyard:

I did vote in the last election (Atiku/Peter)
Well, sorry, but you lost. Better luck next time, and try harder.

I wonder though, if you'd be asking if we were democratic if the Atiku/Peter you voted for had won.

(1) (Reply)

Against varsity pronouncement, ICPC clears embattled FIIRO DG's PhD / Breaking: Court Sacks Ihedioha, Declares Apc’s Uzodinma Winner Of Election / Newsislamic Group Reacts To Attempt To Bomb Living Faith Church, Mocks CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.