Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,737 members, 7,802,219 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Are Hebrews Really Black People ? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Hebrews Really Black People ? (17469 Views)

Jewish Rabbinical Court Ruling That Igbos Are Hebrews (continued) / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
ZiriMane:
I love constructive arguments in which one can learn from or get to impact others with knowledge. However, when these can not be obtained, I refrain, as I find it detrimental to the general good of man!

If you were really wanting to get information other than chastise me from differing from your view, you'd have been careful to note that I never mentioned missionaries as the ones that took Judaism to the Ethiopians. The Ethiopians could have gotten it through the quest of seeking for the one true God. Conversion can happen by choice regardless of the efforts of missionaries, by force, or by persistent swaying.
The point here is the Ethiopians got to be practising Judaism due to one of these factors and not because it was their native religion. Do not pick one/any of this factors and make it a major

My brother, according to these people, they said Egyptians were blacks. They also claimed the Semites were blacks too.

Okay, now Ishmael a patriarch of the Arab nation descended from a Semite father (Abraham) and an Egyptian mother (Hagar). In fact, Hagar arranged for Ishmael to marry an Egyptian girl.

I wonder why the Arabs are not viewed as blacks today. Isn’t God wonderful cheesy

Perhaps we should start calling Arabs and Middle Easterners blacks too.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
Since we have the Kaifeng Jews in China, can we also argue the original Hebrews were mongoloids too? grin grin

Breaking news: The original Hebrews are from China.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Are you scared to check who Josephus Flavius was? cheesy

I thought you’ll put screenshots of your findings here na.

Are u blind or intentionally daft?

Josephus Flavius is a European Man and have absolutely nothing to do with Hebrews who are middle easterners.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:
Since we have the Kaifeng Jews in China, can we also argue the original Hebrews were mongoloids too? grin grin

Breaking news: The original Hebrews are from China.

Be wise.

Jews and Hebrews are entirely 2 different people. Kaifeng jews in china are just mere Chinese people who follow judaism as a religon. Nothing special.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Be wise.

Jews and Hebrews are entirely 2 different people. Kaifeng jews in china are just mere Chinese people who follow judaism as a religon. Nothing special.

No o, abeg Jews were originally mongoloids. They migrated from China to the Middle East and ended in Subsaharan Africa as Negroes.

Rubbish! We can all be mad together.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Are u blind or intentionally daft?

Josephus Flavius is a European Man and have absolutely nothing to do with Hebrews who are middle easterners.

Please google Josephus Flavius and bring evidence that he was an European man na. Are your fingers heavy? grin

Let me make it much more easier for you. Check Yosef Ben Matityahu aka Josephus Flavius, first century Jewish historian. You have to be worse than Yakubu to miss this “open net”
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by MuttleyLaff: 11:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
BlueAngel444:
this known facta u just dey here dey repeat, den born u with am abi na still person tell u or e be like u dey there.
Ah I wan know o
I wan know why hin come dey gif you sifia pains, that much, you need to know weather den born me witram, abi na still pesin nack me stori, or e be sef, like I bin dey there. Nwanne, even if I wasnt born, wasnt told or I wasnt there, what is to stop me from refering to facts, hmm? Did you not read how Henry Ford formerly pushed his anti-Semitic views and the fact that he later renounced them. Well this is a fact that PrecisionFx is denying and hence why he's asking for credible proof of Henry Ford's apology, lol.

2 Likes

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
Flavius Josephus (a.k.a. Joseph ben Matityahu in Hebrew) was a Jew who grew up in Jerusalem at the beginning of the Common Era. He was well educated, knowing both Jewish texts and the Greek language (although his Greek grammar was faulty).

During the Great Revolt from 66-73 CE, Josephus served as a general of the Galilee. When the Roman army overcame his forces, Josephus and 40 compatriots fled to a cave. They agreed to commit suicide. Josephus fixed the lots so that his name would come out last. After the others killed themselves, Josephus convinced the remaining fighter to surrender with him.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/josephus-flavius

Precisionfx, you were saying Josephus Flavius was an European hmmm? cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by ZiriMane(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

I wonder why the Arabs are not viewed as blacks today. Isn’t God not wonderful cheesy
Perhaps we should start calling Arabs and Middle Easterners blacks too.
I dey tell you!
imagine one calling himself something president here saying there would be s£x in heaven in one of his post www.nairaland.com/5247102/there-sex-heaven?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqt93K44SS3X82B . The bunch of people we are having these days would make you wonder where logic or intuition has disappeared to, and these are the bunch we are here arguing with. If they want to believe Hebrews were originally black skinned or dark skinned I cannot help them again. Pikin wey no wan learn book go learn trade.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I wan know why hin come dey gif you sifia pains, that much, you need to know weather den born me witram, abi na still pesin nack me stori, or e be sef, like I bin dey there. Nwanne, even if I wasnt born, wasnt told or I wasnt there, what is to stop me from refering to facts, hmm? Did you not read how Henry Ford formerly pushed his anti-Semitic views and the fact that he later renounced them. Well this is a fact that PrecisionFx is denying and hence why he's asking for credible proof of Henry Ford's apology, lol.

Lol, Precisionfx is also telling us Josephus Flavius is an European that has nothing to do with the Jews grin

It’s been fun today mehn grin
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
ZiriMane:
I dey tell you!
imagine one calling himself something president here saying there would be s£x in heaven in one of his post www.nairaland.com/5247102/there-sex-heaven?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfqt93K44SS3X82B . The bunch of people we are having these days would make you wonder where logic or intuition has disappeared to, and these are the bunch we are here arguing with. If they want to believe Hebrews were originally black skinned or dark skinned I cannot help them again. Pikin wey no wan learn book go learn trade.

That ones case is special cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Flavius Josephus (a.k.a. Joseph ben Matityahu in Hebrew) was a Jew who grew up in Jerusalem at the beginning of the Common Era. He was well educated, knowing both Jewish texts and the Greek language (although his Greek grammar was faulty).

During the Great Revolt from 66-73 CE, Josephus served as a general of the Galilee. When the Roman army overcame his forces, Josephus and 40 compatriots fled to a cave. They agreed to commit suicide. Josephus fixed the lots so that his name would come out last. After the others killed themselves, Josephus convinced the remaining fighter to surrender with him.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/josephus-flavius

Precisionfx, you were saying Josephus Flavius was an European hmmm? cheesy

""Joseph ben Matityahu""

Joseph is an English name.

Flavius a Roman name.

These are basically European Men. Europeans aren't middle easterns, Europeans are whites.

Common sense is what most africans lack.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Please google Josephus Flavius and bring evidence that he was an European man na. Are your fingers heavy? grin

Let me make it much more easier for you. Check Yosef Ben Matityahu aka Josephus Flavius, first century Jewish historian. You have to be worse than Yakubu to miss this “open net”

""Flavius, first century Jewish historian.""

There is nothing like Jewish in the bible grin...The only thing wey dey bible na israel n hebrews.. grin

Jew is anyone that practices judasim, being a Jewish man from Europe doesn't make anyone a hebrew

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
PrecisionFx:

""Flavius, first century Jewish historian.""

There is nothing like Jewish in the bible grin...The only thing wey dey bible na israel n hebrews.. grin

Jew is anyone that practices judasim, being a Jewish man from Europe doesn't make anyone a hebrew

So Josephus Flavius that was born in Jerusalem wasn’t a Hebrew abi?

I thought you said he’s European and has nothing to do with the Hebrews cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 11:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
PrecisionFx:

""Joseph ben Matityahu""

Joseph is an English name.

Flavius a Roman name.

These are basically European Men. Europeans aren't middle easterns, Europeans are whites.

Common sense is what most africans lack.

Jesus is a Greek name, hence Jesus is a Greek man and not a Hebrew. He has nothing to do with the Hebrews.

An apt application of your logic. cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 04, 2020
OkCornel:

Jesus is a Greek name, hence Jesus is a Greek man and not a Hebrew. He has nothing to do with the Hebrews.

Jesus isn't a greek name grin
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 04, 2020
OkCornel:

So Josephus Flavius that was born in Jerusalem wasn’t a Hebrew abi?

I thought you said he’s European and has nothing to do with the Hebrews cheesy

He's Jewish.

White Europeans.

Nothing else.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:08am On Jan 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Jesus isn't a greek name grin

Oh please tell us what it is then cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:09am On Jan 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

He's Jewish.

White Europeans.

Nothing else.

White European born and raised in Jerusalem abi?

White European that fought against the romans in the Jewish revolt abi?

Well done. cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:12am On Jan 04, 2020
The “Hebrews are blacks” crew are running out of lies to tell. cheesy

These folks are jokers never to be taken seriously.

Imagine someone even going as far as telling us Brazil had “pure blacks” that are gradually being “exterminated” through interracial marriage.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by BlueAngel444: 10:15am On Jan 04, 2020
OkCornel:

I am baffled really, because if part of the reason according to Precisionfx as to why Egyptians aren’t blacks today is as a result of the Arab incursion, doesn’t it already contradict the claim that Arabs (who descended from Ishmael) were blacks in the ancient past? cheesy

ask him na? shocked
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by englishmart(m): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

The hebrew language is an extinct language Oga.

grin grin So nobody speak the language anymore?

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by englishmart(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Can u speak the three Nigerian languages undecided

Wait are you a Nigerian shocked
If Nigeria had a generally accepted local language, why won't I be able to speak it? Nigeria doesn't have three languages, the have over 500 languages. 3 of which are mostly spoken based on the preponderance of those who speak them.

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
englishmart:
grin grin So nobody speak the language anymore?

Nope, no single human on earth can speak the hebrew language, Or don't u know the meaning of extinct?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by oaroloye(m): 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
MISHIGAS!

BlueAngel444:

I have read every other thing in this post but please share your reference for the bolded, I want to read it.

It's a bit different from what I have read somewhere else.

I see no evidence that you read anything in my Post.

Why should I care what you want?

Why should I care when you are too lazy to even hit GOOGLE?

I am not your Servant.

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/index.html
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
Discovering "lost" Jewish communities around the world is what Freund does.

He is the founder and chairman of the independent non-profit organization Shavei Israel. According to its media spokesperson Arik Puder, Shavei Israel is the only organization in Israel that focuses on finding descendants of the legendary lost tribes.

He says the Israeli government does not recognize ethnic communities in various countries claiming to be descendants of lost tribes.

"They cannot prove that they have a Jewish grandfather or grandmother," Puder says. "But they do have an interesting story."

Freund says he has received numerous letters and emails from Nigerians trying to connect to Israel. But with a rising number of groups around the world attempting to link their ancestry to the ancient Israelites, he is aware that some of those claims are "wishful thinking." He hopes that the future will yield strong genetic evidence to help the search for the lost tribes.

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/index.html

The bolded in red says it all. Wishful thinking by deluded fellows.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by englishmart(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Nope, no single human on earth can speak the hebrew language, Or don't u know the meaning of extinct?
Please stop misinforming the public. I'm in Israel as I type, our official language is still Hebrew. Stop saying what you're not sure of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
englishmart:
Please stop misinforming the public. I'm in Israel as I type, our official language is still Hebrew. Stop saying what you're not sure of.

grin grin

How does u being in israel mean that the hebrew language isn't an extinct language? cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2020
englishmart:
If Nigeria had a generally accepted local language, why won't I be able to speak it? Nigeria doesn't have three languages, the have over 500 languages. 3 of which are mostly spoken based on the preponderance of those who speak them.

The way Nigerians proudly display ignorance is alarming. Pls Nigeria has only 3 languages and 3 ethnic groups, not 500 languages and 500 ethnic groups.

Even China with over 1.3 billion people have only 50 ethnic groups. Gosh
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by englishmart(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
PrecisionFx:

The way Nigerians proudly display ignorance is alarming. Pls Nigeria has only 3 languages and 3 ethnic groups, not 500 languages and 500 ethnic groups.

Even China with over 1.3 billion people have only 50 ethnic groups. Gosh
I used to think you were smart. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by ZiriMane(m): 12:31am On Jan 06, 2020
englishmart:
I used to think you were smart. Bye.

I also thought the same thought you thought. Until I thought better, then I came to realize I only wasted my thoughts!
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by lilianofentse(f): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
OkCornel:

Yahusha is his real name not Jesus. That's just latin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Reason Why Many Will Not Make Heaven / December 31 Without Crossover Service.. / Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.