Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People (32162 Views)

RAF Typhoon Jets Intercept Russian Bombers Flying North Of Scotland / Typhoon Nanmadol Slams Japan ( Pics, Video) / Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 28, 2019
Typhoon Phanfone, which made landfall on Tuesday, caused severe floods and destroyed homes in several provinces.

According to the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council, 12 people remain missing.

The typhoon led to the evacuation of more than 58,000 people and stranded thousands over the holiday period.

Officials said some of the dead were hit by trees, while others were electrocuted or drowned.

Phanfone struck close to regions hit by Typhoon Haiyan in 2013, which killed more than 6,000 people and considered one of the Philippines' deadliest storms.

Typhoon Phanfone, known locally as Typhoon Ursula, made its way through many islands of central Philippines on 25 December. It reached winds of 200kmph (125 miles per hour), leaving thousands stranded as they tried to make their way home for Christmas.

The popular tourist island of Boracay was also damaged by the typhoon, with homes destroyed and mobile phone and internet access cut off.

"Communication lines are down. Electricity is still down," Jonathan Pablito, a police chief in Alkan province, an island neighbouring Boracay, told agency AFP on Thursday.

Tacloban, a low-lying city that was destroyed by Typhoon Haiyan, was also among those affected. However, the city escaped the worst of the damage this time round.

The typhoon is said to have eased in strength on Thursday and has headed towards the South China Sea.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-50921944

1 Like

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Kylekent59: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2019
I commend the op for using december 25th and not Christmas day, before some people would say that Christmas day is demonic.

They can stop the celebration, culture and tradition, but one thing I know for sure is that they can never stop the gospel.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by matrix199(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2019
Kylekent59:
I commend the op for using december 25 and not Christmas day, before some people would say that Christmas day is demonic.

They can stop the celebration, culture and tradition, but one thing I know for sure is that they can never stop the gospel.
Honour the dead first

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2019
Rip to the dead
Those dead didn’t wait and see year 2020

Oma Shea ...

2 Likes

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Typhoon Phanfone, which made landfall on Tuesday, caused severe floods and destroyed homes in several provinces.

We thank God we dont have all these kind of natural disasters in this part of the world.

Our natural disasters are our corrupt politicians.
And everyone of them that fraudulently looted our national treasury will never end well in life.
No be curse,
Na FACT!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by sotall(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
undecided

1 Like

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by noblealuu: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Na wa o, God have mercy.
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by shagasha: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
RIP to d dead
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sweet. So, this news is just getting to NL?

It's almost 400 years old.

2 Likes

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Ayobami7(m): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
eyaah so sad
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Callmemike(m): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Life is transient. People who had houses suddenly are homeless. Those with cars have turned out not having cars again. Possessions gone. All that's left is a good name. The question is, " How would you like to be remembered "

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Kylekent59:
I commend the op for using december 25 and not Christmas day, before some people would say that Christmas day is demonic.

Christian terrorist

Completely cared less about the affected victims, the dead and their families

In as much as the sky sugar daddy son birthday is not disturb

Disaster can happen any day any time of the year stop forcing a correction to your sky sugar daddy who couldn't prevent it - in order to gain cheap sympathy

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by showafrica(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
I know typhoon must hit... Its comes almost every december. Japan should also watch out
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by ken6488(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by laosy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thank God say we no get all these kind natural disasters, the only problem with us is our leaders which I don't think it's getting solve in the next coming decades!
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by airminem(f): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
RIP tongue

Such typhoon is indeed in NIGERIA wiping away our treasury grin

RIP
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by money121(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
R.ip
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Deltayankeeboi: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
We are too many. We need to reduce one way or the other.
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
On behalf of Me and lala's clan we sending our condolences to the families for their loss sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by justman911(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Deltayankeeboi:

I think the reduction should start with you. What an insensitive thing to say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Guestuser: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
Okay
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by itsme01: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
let me text dasola sef... philipine doctor
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by laosy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
post=85287692:

We thank God we dont have all these kind of natural disasters in this part of the world.

Our natural disasters are our corrupt politicians.
And everyone of them that have fraudulently looted our national treasury will never end well in life.
No be curse,
Na FACT!
So you sef know this and you still go ahead praising Dem motherfvckers

3 Likes

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by Kalashnikov102(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Deltayankeeboi:

Guy man go gouge snipper make the earth loose small weight..na God I take beg you

1 Like

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Another Islamic attack undecided
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by vinkihillz(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
mansakhalifa:
Sweet. So, this news is just getting to NL?

It's almost 400 years old.
how?
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by itsme01: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
Deltayankeeboi:

we are not too many as we have millions of hectares unoccupied, Nigeria alone has 42 billion proven barrels of oil not to mention gas steel and other things that greedy politicians hide
Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
laosy:

So you sef know this and you still go ahead praising Dem motherfvckers
who are dem motherfvckers?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by IpobAntidote: 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
[[s]quote author=Kylekent59 post=85278304]I commend the op for using december 25 and not Christmas day, before some people would say that Christmas day is demonic.

They can stop the celebration, culture and tradition, but one thing I know for sure is that they can never stop the gospel. [/quote][/s]

Respect the dead instead of twisting the story to suit your religious agenda.
RIP to the dead.

4 Likes

Re: Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
embarassed

When are we going to have this type of thing in Lagos embarassed

Lagos is very jam-packed and needs CLEANING!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaker Lindsay Hoyle And Kemi Badenoch Clash In The House Of Common (Video) / Man Points Gun At Argentine Vice President In Assassination Attempt (Video) / Largest Library In Marseille Burned Down By Rioters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.