Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,286 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:47 AM

Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) (42504 Views)

Trending Nigeria National Anthem In Yoruba Language (Video) / Herbs And Spiritual ( Solutions To Life Issues) Youtube Spirituality Teaching / Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by grandstar(m): 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
On Facebook, a Nigerian dad was teaching his son Esan in Europe. Someone remarked he should his child a better Nigerian language instead of Esan.

The backlash and the insults he received were one of the worst I've ever seen on Facebook. People should learn to keep their mouths shut if they have nothing sensible to say.
Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by Monotica670: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
see below
Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by petitejolie(f): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
She really tried. Tell me why d husband will want to Av a Nigerian wife as most of dem do at d end
keryj:

The woman is in Nigeria right now for Xmas. They dont miss village every xmas and she ensure to take them out doors to see places and learn more about their tradition.

My dear, why should i be ashame to proclaim where i come from. I laugh at people when they tell me i sound igbotic at times, how else should i be sounding biko cheesy
Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by chinchum(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
YorubaPikin:

Thank you, much appreciated! We both are entrepreneurs so there is no time or patience grin for homeschooling. They speak only Finnish at the daycare. We have been consistent with the language and once they ask us smth in another language we correct them and say it in ours as many times as needed. In your case, I would advise in the beginning switching the language at home, so she knows that she can speak English at the daycare and Yoruba with you. Make it fun, sing in Yoruba etc. or send her for some time to the grandparents (if they speak Yoruba) smiley
Wow, nice tips, the grandparents are in Nigeria, we are not in Nigeria. She ask all things in english by saying "what is this ?" , and at that point i typically get confused as to whether to provide the english or yoruba meaning? grin grin Now i know what to do. Thanks
Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by naijacentric(m): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
ContractKiller:
[img]https://images./6hTzyi2etDaUpZlUnhTHKi.jpg[/img]
shut up must dey marry naija women are not all women wats so special marrying from ur country

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by naijacentric(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
ContractKiller:
"No sense" is the story of several generations of your family.

u no well at all
Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by keryj(f): 1:23am On Dec 30, 2019
Liposure:
Honey, u are a true daughter of your father.its good 2 remember ur roots.u look stunning by d way.compliment of the season.may all ur dreams come :Dtrue IJN

Amen. I wish u the very best.

Love from here for your warm appreciation.
Re: Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 1:45am On Jan 01, 2020
Kingrexyl:
He's a great dad, unlike some that are embarrassed to speak their language to their kids.

You are RIGHT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin’s Unfulfilled Plans Before His Death / Warri Parables: Words Of Our Popsi's / Ika People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.