Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

"House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! (5279 Views)

The Worrying State Of House Of The Rock Cathedral Lagos / Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? / Picture Of Pastor Paul Adefarasin of HOTR Holding A Sword Ready For Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by martinosi: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2010
When i was in Nigeria in 2008, myself and two friends drove over to
the Millenuim building project of House on the rock in Lekki.

We took a tour of the building and at that stage is was still in early development.

I have just heard (Correct me if i am wrong) that the church now
meets at a different venue now. its no more the moson centre, somebody
told me they use Eko Hotel now.

My Question is when will the Millenium Project be completed as i do believe
all this renting is consuming alot of Funds (Renting any of the well known
venues on the Island is not cheap!!!)

Thanks for the reply
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by nwakaibe(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2010
[quote author=martinosi link

Thanks for the reply
[/quote]

Though not a member. The project will be completed asp if you bring the funds. wink wink wink wink wink
it will be completed very fast if sirjohn, kunleoshob,nuclearboy bring their tithes and first fruits to the house on the rock. tongue tongue tongue tongue
sneaks out thru the back door and peers thru the curtain[color=#006600][/color]
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by martinosi: 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
House ont he rock Members make una talk now,
i would like to know, ?
abi no one is privy to what is going on?
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by doremifaso: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
okay......strangely, i just stumbled on this thread, after so long. I do hope you've got an answer to this question now.
I am a member of HOTR and this response comes in peace smiley, and yes i agree its taken a while to build the permanent site. but just like how it is building a residential house, and we remain tenants in costly places for long-its the same scenario here. judging by the size, we would agree it takes a lot to complete it. no matter the rent, its still cheaper, cos service has to go on while we are building..... we still meet @ our base- muson centre(3 services) but an occasional combined service at eko hotel-this actually prepared workers to be ready for the crowd we are not used to at muson centre.....Anyways, work is done at the site yayyyyy grin and we move this christmas. If you are in town soon, pls pass by the site- you'll see, it was worth the wait. take care
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
2 years later and its still not complete? Wt the hell r u guys building? New church or new heaven?
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Ptolomeus(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
You are very anxious. You should understand that the pastor has difficulties in completing the work, change the car, buy a house with a pool, and complete payment of his new private plane.
As a good man of faith, limit you to tithe or God will punish you.
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by MrAnony1(m): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ptolomeus: You are very anxious. You should understand that the pastor has difficulties in completing the work, change the car, buy a house with a pool, and complete payment of his new private plane.
As a good man of faith, limit you to tithe or God will punish you.

Na wa for una o! If they finish building it within 6 months you will call the pastor a thief. Now it has taken 4 years, the man is also a thief what can be done to appease you? Or are you just jealous of oga pastor's wealth?

1 Like

Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by dekung(m): 12:30am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Na wa for una o! If they finish building it within 6 months you will call the pastor a thief. Now it has taken 4 years, the man is also a thief what can be done to appease you? Or are you just jealous of oga pastor's wealth?
No oooo, its not 4yrs ooo. It has taken more than 12yrs. I was in my final yr in the University when the foundation was laid some 12 yrs ago.
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Murphy7h4: 4:56am On Jun 22, 2012
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

How foolish and biased can one be? If the govt does the same, won't you criticise them? The difference between govt thief and pastor thief is CHRIST abi?
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by MrAnony1(m): 5:55am On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto:
How foolish and biased can one be? If the govt does the same, won't you criticise them? The difference between govt thief and pastor thief is CHRIST abi?
Oga listen. If the government takes too long to complete a building, they are incompetent. If they complete it on time, they are commended.(different result, different evaluation)
On the other hand, if a pastor completes is church on time he is a thief where did he get his money? If he takes too long to complete the building he is also a thief he is using the money for private jet (different result, same evaluation).
It seems you have already condemned him as a thief before he even started building his church...Now who is really biased?
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Oga listen. If the government takes too long to complete a building, they are incompetent. If they complete it on time, they are commended.(different result, different evaluation)
On the other hand, if a pastor completes is church on time he is a thief where did he get his money? If he takes too long to complete the building he is also a thief he is using the money for private jet (different result, same evaluation).
It seems you have already condemned him as a thief before he even started building his church...Now who is really biased?

Last i checked, you were the first one to use the word 'thief' on this thread. I asked a simple question - how come it's taken them so long to build whatever it is they are building?

You hear its a church and a pastor and immediately you become defensive. I doubt you know anything about who's involved in the building project, yet you've already started attacking those who seem to criticise them, afterall na ur christian brother, abi? Everyone has biases, dont just let yours keep you from calling a spade a spade..
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 22, 2012
And you're doing a good job ignoring dekung's post...
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by MrAnony1(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto:
Last i checked, you were the first one to use the word 'thief' on this thread. I asked a simple question - how come it's taken them so long to build whatever it is they are building?
I was replying Ptolomeus comment. And by the way you know quite well that it is not necessarily the word "thief" that is in contention. I was only wondering why whichever way the wind blows oga pastor must be condemned for fraud even when fraud is not the reason. Perhaps it has taken so long because of limited funding or planning permissions or the pastor has developed cold feet e.t.c. It doesn't necessarily have to be because oga pastor is collecting money as he is being criticized for.

You hear its a church and a pastor and immediately you become defensive. I doubt you know anything about who's involved in the building project, yet you've already started attacking those who seem to criticise them, afterall na ur christian brother? Everyone has biases, dont just let yours keep you from calling a spade a spade..
Perhaps it is you who hears church and immediately becomes offensive I also doubt you know anything about the building project and yet you are happy to criticize. Everyone has biases yes but right now we cannot even see any spade or shovel. Why are you calling out of the blue a spade you cannot see and expecting me to call it a spade too.(I'm addressing you now because you have chosen to take it up)

For your information: I am totally against all crimes carried out in the name of church all I am saying is that a building delay is just a building delay let us not read further meaning into it just so that we can amuse ourselves with some more pastor-bashing.
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by MrAnony1(m): 7:04am On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto: And you're doing a good job ignoring dekung's post...
So it's been 12 years, how does that affect anything?
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I was replying Ptolomeus comment. And by the way you know quite well that it is not necessarily the word "thief" that is in contention. I was only wondering why whichever way the wind blows oga pastor must be condemned for fraud even when fraud is not the reason. Perhaps it has taken so long because of limited funding or planning permissions or the pastor has developed cold feet e.t.c. It doesn't necessarily have to be because oga pastor is collecting money as he is being criticized for.
Cold feet? Really....

Mr_Anony:
Perhaps it is you who hears church and immediately becomes offensive I also doubt you know anything about the building project and yet you are happy to criticize.
Substitute 'church' for 'fraud', and yes I become offensive... and this is not a criticism
musKeeto: 2 years later and its still not complete? Wt the hell r u guys building? New church or new heaven?
Every sane human will wonder why it's taken them so long...

Mr_Anony:
Everyone has biases yes but right now we cannot even see any spade or shovel. Why are you calling out of the blue a spade you cannot see and expecting me to call it a spade too.(I'm addressing you now because you have chosen to take it up)
You cannot see a spade or shovel,cos you're blinded by your religious brethren mentality... hence this statement
Mr_Anony:
So it's been 12 years, how does that affect anything?

Mr_Anony:
For your information: I am totally against all crimes carried out in the name of church all I am saying is that a building delay is just a building delay let us not read further meaning into it just so that we can amuse ourselves with some more pastor-bashing.
Beautiful... criticism of pastoral work amounts to pastor-bashing.. I hail u...
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 22, 2012
double post
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by MrAnony1(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2012
musKeeto:
Cold feet? Really....
Substitute 'church' for 'fraud', and yes I become offensive... and this is not a criticism
Every sane human will wonder why it's taken them so long...
You cannot see a spade or shovel,cos you're blinded by your religious brethren mentality... hence this statement
Beautiful... criticism of pastoral work amounts to pastor-bashing.. I hail u...

Dude, please scroll back up and read Ptolomeus post that I actually responded to and stop this self righteous attitude of yours.

A building delay is simply a building delay. It has no direct connection whatsoever to a pastor's morality/immorality and you know it. You are criticizing something unrelated to the issue of an incomplete building.

Besides, telling me that I am blinded by my religious pastor brethren mentality shows you don't know me at all neither are you paying attention. I will criticize a pastor when he errs but not because he is having difficulties completing his church building considering the fact that I don't know any details concerning the delay.
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Dude, please scroll back up and read Ptolomeus post that I actually responded to and stop this self righteous attitude of yours.

A building delay is simply a building delay. It has no direct connection whatsoever to a pastor's morality/immorality and you know it. You are criticizing something unrelated to the issue of an incomplete building.

Besides, telling me that I am blinded by my religious pastor brethren mentality shows you don't know me at all neither are you paying attention. I will criticize a pastor when he errs but not because he is having difficulties completing his church building considering the fact that I don't know any details concerning the delay.
A building 'delay' can't be simply a building 'delay'. Anyone is free to try to ascertain the reason for the delay hence the Op's post
martinosi: When i was in Nigeria in 2008, myself and two friends drove over to
the Millenuim building project of House on the rock in Lekki.

We took a tour of the building and at that stage is was still in early development.

I have just heard (Correct me if i am wrong) that the church now
meets at a different venue now. its no more the moson centre, somebody
told me they use Eko Hotel now.

Thanks for the reply

Remember he made this post in 2010, and claims he was there back in 2008... so a building delay can not be a building 'delay'...

I don't need to read Ptolomeus' post. You made this about me when you said
Mr_Anony:
.....are you calling out of the blue a spade you cannot see and expecting me to call it a spade too.(I'm addressing you now because you have chosen to take it up)

Self righteous attitude? Nna na wa..
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I don't know you. I don't need to know you. This remains an ANONYMOUS forum, proof that WORDS speak louder than ACTIONS tongue.... *EVIL GRIN*
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 22, 2012
...this is what happens when churches try to build overly magnificient mansions to serve God.
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by MrAnony1(m): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2012
uhonmora: ...this is what happens when churches try to build overly magnificient mansions to serve God.

Another careless reply.............in other news the dana airlines plane crash is what happens when people arrogantly try to defy gravity

musKeeto:
A building 'delay' can't be simply a building 'delay'. Anyone is free to try to ascertain the reason for the delay hence the Op's post
Remember he made this post in 2010, and claims he was there back in 2008... so a building delay can not be a building 'delay'...
I don't need to read Ptolomeus' post. You made this about me when you said
Self righteous attitude? Nna na wa..
Anyone is free to try to ascertain the reason for the delay outrightly criticizing the pastor personally has nothing to do with ascertaining the reason for the building delay don't you think?

musKeeto:
I don't know you. I don't need to know you. This remains an ANONYMOUS forum, proof that WORDS speak louder than ACTIONS tongue.... *EVIL GRIN*
Lol, Fair enough.
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by doremifaso: 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
hmmmmm, now this is getting personal embarassed. i was just hoping to shed light on the matter (hence my statement "this response comes in peace"wink. its taken a while to complete; agreed! i've seen individuals build houses in that long too; things in life sometimes take longer than expected. ps the HOTR pastor has no large fancy house nor jet# there's a committee & members get updates every now and then - we are free to ask questions 'nicely' smiley
(church aside,) we may however want to be careful judging people when we don't know for real. eventually, the truth will alwayssss show itself.
anyways, the initial question has been answered. sorry if my first response lead to misunderstanding up here; let's just enlighten ourselves...peace out kiss
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
do-re-mi-fa-so:
hmmmmm, now this is getting personal embarassed. i was just hoping to shed light on the matter (hence my statement "this response comes in peace"wink. its taken a while to complete; agreed! i've seen individuals build houses in that long too; things in life sometimes take longer than expected. ps the HOTR pastor has no large fancy house nor jet# there's a committee & members get updates every now and then - we are free to ask questions 'nicely' smiley
(church aside,) we may however want to be careful judging people when we don't know for real. eventually, the truth will alwayssss show itself.
anyways, the initial question has been answered. sorry if my first response lead to misunderstanding up here; let's just enlighten ourselves...peace out kiss

Great explanation...
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by Ptolomeus(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2012
Mr_Anony:

No, no, Pastors have a right to enrich themselves at the expense of the fools who believe them.
Re: "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! by MrAnony1(m): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ptolomeus:
No, no, Pastors have a right to enrich themselves at the expense of the fools who believe them.
......and of what relevance is that to a building project that is being delayed?

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice / Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? / God Is Literally A Stupid Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.