Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,417 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? (43229 Views)

10 Things To Improve On This New Year, 2019 / New Year 2019 Celebrations Around The World / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 5:12am On Dec 31, 2019
My dear I wanted to and contemplated suicide several times grin

I hit rock bottom bro , imagination can't even begin to

I quit my job with so much gusto based on this
Liquidated everything I owned after sending all the money they needed even for Lufthansa first class ticket or so they sent me. grin

I just dey ball around Lagos telling all my friends we should have on last hoorah before I relocate permanently

It was a five year work contract wages etc calculated fully plus allowances , I could bring my fiancee , after 6 months , men I was already imagining how our kids would be citizens and how they would thank me for not giving birth to them in Nigeria

I was just dashing property left right center feeling.funky like a Hollywood santa Claus grin

That's how I lost everything bro

From living in push Abuja to nothing grin

It's at this point you realize friendship is overrated

The friends I put up with from Abuja to Lagos each milked me for money while I was staying with them till I couldn't put up with it ..

This was how I moved from Abuja to three different locations in Lagos

Till I had no where to stay in Lagos , because excuses where either my wife's family is around or my sibblings came to visit or our home is too small

This isn't a joke bro .. brothers mostly resided outside Lagos and I didn't want to go back to Abuja out of shame and besides no where to stay

And I believed I would get a job in Lagos .. this is how I spent about three months crashing from one odd place to another , I could barely eat .. I missed so many interviews cause I couldn't afford to go and remember I was planning to relocate I gave out suitcases of clothes saying I would buy winter clothes there and summer ones in summer grin

Men it is like a bad movie ... I had been estranged from family for years cause I was doing very well and so was everyone else but worst still is I was a very very rude younger brother.. I virtually insulted all my elder ones at every opportunity to o er the years to the extent that my.elsest brother and I hadn't spoken in over eight years prior to this

I slept in empty shops in Lagos with my bag all my certificates and two pairs of jeans, four t-shirts , a face cap, lighter for company and spent time with a friend who had lost his wife some years earlier

He was struggling financially but I was always good to him sometimes in the past so he managed at some run down hotel in isolo where some nights he paid 2k for a cockroach infested room while other nights we slept in an empty shop on the street

This isn't a movie this was my reality .. and I was so ashamed because from graduation till date everyone always knew me as successful and I was estranged firm my family so which was was I to go?

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 5:12am On Dec 31, 2019
My prayer is for everyone to learn some.measure of contentment

That was my biggest undoing

I was never satisfied, I felt I always deserved better

I felt I needed more , no matter how much I had

In my.mind I justified it as wanting to make sure my family never lacked when I got married but even that so called marriage never came to pass did it ?

Well ambition is good but when measured

I always switched jobs as I pleased , for bigger pay checks and benefits

I didn't care how my employers felt, in my mind after all if anything happens to me.they will replace me

Anyways that is that

This Christmas was the worst in years .

It's easy to hide behind past pictures on affluence on social media that's the benefit of having lived a life of luxury since graduation..

But there was no depth to any of it, it was all shallow like a sand castle that washes away at the slightest current

All it took for my.life to come crashing down was on push the Indian lady cheesy

Anyways that was how it all went

I have been having insomnia, for months , they say I have hypertension stage 2, though I finally quit smoking and drinking , but still haven't slept in a long while , I mean really slept in over six months .. it's been just those half awake sleeps that lasts for two hours

In Port Harcourt, now trying to clear my head and see what early next year brings , I missed alot of interviews cause of no where to stay in Lagos so I am looking at opportunities outside Lagos too

But not many are open to someone my age and with the experience I ha e sometimes they just assume you are too expensive and don't get back to you

It's been a long journey, and part of the thing that made it so had is I went through it alone..

All alone grin

I don't blame.my ex though I deserve it ..

I should have listened.. I have had several nights I woke up screaming hoping this was a night mare I was trapped in and I would wake up in my third floor apartment in Abuja spread out on my couch in the sitting room. grin

But nah, it's just mosquitoes and heat...

It takes an unimaginable amount of mental strength not to commit suicide or go insane I must tell you

At some point faith would mean nothing to you, you just have to dig deep down and find that strength to hold on

That was what I did

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by michealoluwaseyi(m): 5:14am On Dec 31, 2019
the loss of my dad just a week ago,rest in peace dad

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Chimaobi302(m): 5:14am On Dec 31, 2019
Lost my loving Dad. I still feel the space he left, no body cares as he does, but I still thank God for the man I'm becoming..
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by seancombs617: 5:16am On Dec 31, 2019
1 game cut my 39million bet9ja ticket..and guess what it was earlier in the season when they beat Barca...Barca stopped me from being a multimillionaire embarassed

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ilyasom(m): 5:17am On Dec 31, 2019
Losing 850k to a federal job that didn't materialize. Fire service. Now I am jobless and depressed.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by deybholar(f): 5:23am On Dec 31, 2019
Chai, this one is loud. It is well with you bro.
Realtalk20:

Long story

Was offered a job abroad , work permit and accommodation I had to make some down payments for all . Was alot of 7 figures

Smh I just tire bro

Hit me so hard financially.. I believed I was relocating to start a new job... Based on international work resources grin

Sold off my assets , gave alot of stuff out like.santa claus

Liquidated everything I owned

Put off my.wedding to my fiancee all in excitement grin

She warned me and I shouted her down telling her how this was for us and how she didn't want me to go to the next level

I accused her of being selfish and just wanted us to do a wedding when she knew I needed to send money abroad to this company to finish processing

So I put everything into this, allmy savings , our combined funds,wedding money, sold my car , I was believed I was making initial mortgage payments on a home grin

And paying for fast tracked working permit and all grin

Look I don't want to remember all this

Omo I nearly commited suicide

She broke up with me after it turned to be a scam we did get back together briefly after some months but it was never the same and we ended it

Life huh?
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by usman3688(m): 5:25am On Dec 31, 2019
Realtalk20:
Was defrauded by an Indian lady based in China of several millions

Hit me very hard

Invested in a business and lost about half a million, still recovering Sha but I believe it's a learning process and I'll get over it very soon. In Sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 5:26am On Dec 31, 2019
deybholar:
Chai, this one is loud. It is well with you bro.

Thanks sister

It's all good
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Realtalk20: 5:26am On Dec 31, 2019
usman3688:

Invested in a business and lost about half a million, still recovering Sha but I believe it's a learning process and I'll get over it very soon. In Sha Allah.

I would gladly trade places with you in aheart best bro
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by ajbf: 5:27am On Dec 31, 2019
Sudden death of my beloved father, just last month at the emergency section of Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital College, Ile-Ife on 7th of November, 2019.
cry cry embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Baba AJIEYE W.O, sleeps on in perfect peace.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by johnkey: 5:35am On Dec 31, 2019
ronyman:
shocked coming from a totosucker
I'm a chameleon man, I can be anything at anytime, I fit in everywhere.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Expert17: 5:38am On Dec 31, 2019
I HV never BN so EMOTIONAL reading Nairaland comments........ embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

11 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by sosospence(m): 5:44am On Dec 31, 2019
Areaboy2:

Me too cry
Take heart
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by sosospence(m): 5:45am On Dec 31, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
RIP to him. Sorry bro
Thanks
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by seunfape(m): 5:49am On Dec 31, 2019
My first daughter
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by wonyi: 5:55am On Dec 31, 2019
donbachi:
Borrowed 170k from my wife to add fix hilux i hires to companies...took a cab from rumuola to ikoku,reach ikoko money i no see again...i loss memory for 1week.my wife had to emback on 3days fasting asking for Gods intervention.

That's pH for u. I lost hp laptop and phone to one chance in a 3 minutes journey

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Reallv: 5:59am On Dec 31, 2019
i lost my wife,i almost follow but the kids!
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Successmind(m): 6:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Lost every property I acquired for seven years and had to start all over again.. cry

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by pahen1991: 6:05am On Dec 31, 2019
Prophet777:
Someone packaged & sold a car with a bad engine to me. It was a car I intended to use for uber business. Now, I am at a huge loss... My mechanic conspired with him to defraud me.

What a world!
which car was that
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Chibuchris: 6:05am On Dec 31, 2019
My business crumbled all thanks to my good friend who I thought was helping me not know its all for his personal gain.

Well thank God for life and good health, prayer 2020 will be great for all of us amen

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Olamide940: 6:14am On Dec 31, 2019
Mine was my mother no sickness nothing she just slept and never woke up... R.I.p mummy my younger sister Alwys ask me brother when will Mummy come back?

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Gracejeri(f): 6:14am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my daddy, I lost my friends cos they said I am to churchy, they betrayed me.. I boldly walked away from them both girls and guys.. It pained me shaa but I think their friendship isn't needed anymore
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by yanjutomi(m): 6:16am On Dec 31, 2019
lost my mum she was my QUEEN RIP MUM
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Nreebge: 6:18am On Dec 31, 2019
Lost a dear brother and friend on the 7th of November 2019 and he will be buried today the 31st December 2019. Right from the day he died i have been wondering what life is all about. Then i realized that God is life and when we die we will return to him. Though i wake up in the middle of night, while taking shower, while walking to cry for him and my loss of such a dear brother and friend. Today am going cry again at his grave side and put up the hope to see him again when Jesus will come the second time. He was just 39 years and what makes so painful is that the wife refuses to come either to meet with the family, to explain to them how it happened even until last night few hours to the burial the lady is nowhere to be found. Precious Chidiebere KANU ,Good night my brother and friend. I can't stop crying

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by aragon4realz(m): 6:20am On Dec 31, 2019
Chuknovski:
Lost a pregnancy, twas terrible
don't let it happen again please go treat yourself of stds it might be on your system and you might never know it
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by AmUmokeme(m): 6:23am On Dec 31, 2019
I and my family paid his family on d 1st of January dis year ,we had a great time,for d 1st time with his family because I was in yobe state wen he got married had a baby girl LIGHT on d night of 4 February ,I was called that he died by accident along Benin auchi rd.RIP UBONG E OBOT.I always pray that may God raise helpers for your 2Lil daughters.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Roon9(m): 6:28am On Dec 31, 2019
Kwem:
No more this is deep.. all hail nairaland for one rotten meat seller is gone grin grin grin... Attacking permit was your biggest mistake cool cool

Having unloyal fellas who always take the advantage of my good gesture cry cry

Please what happened to that yeye boy
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by afanda(m): 6:30am On Dec 31, 2019
26 October 2019. Lost my Sister!
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 31, 2019
MJBOLT:
Barça losing a 3 goal first leg lead to liVARpool in the UCL angry
So you never forget that Anfield debacle? Expect more of that bro.
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by aragon4realz(m): 6:37am On Dec 31, 2019
Jerkules:
Wasted my sperm masturbating to shyla stylez' video not knowing she's dead. What a painful loss sad
worst loss ever
Re: What's The Most Painful Loss You Had This Year, 2019? by Majid1990(m): 6:39am On Dec 31, 2019
I lost my only sister

Very painful

Later lost my laptop

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) / Origin Of Some Common Nigerian Pigin / A Snake In My Room!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.