Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,988 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen (25183 Views)

Super Eagles: Why I Turned Down Advice From NFF Officials – Rohr / Odion Ighalo Turned Down Inter Milan And Tottenham For Man United (Screen shot) / Premier League: Jose Mourinho Warned Arsenal Despite Wining Newcastle 1-0 > Peer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by reportminds: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen has revealed why he decided to sign for German club Wolfsburg ahead of Arsenal despite speaking to former manager Arsene Wenger.

Osimhen who is currently in Nigeria on winter break, also disclosed why, aside from Arsenal, he also rejected offers from European heavyweights like Barcelona, Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid, to sign for Wolfsburg.

“After the tournament (2015 U-17 World Cup) I actually got down with my family mostly my elder brother, and my agent released the list of teams that were interested,” Osimhen said on Lagos-based radio stations, Nigeria Info.

“It had big European clubs like Barcelona, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Ajax, Anderlecht, a lot of them. Wolfsburg was there also, Spartak Moscow.

“So we sat down and looked at the possibility when I turn 18 so I can start playing immediately. They said Arsenal wanted to sign me, they are desperate to sign me. I spoke with Arsene Wenger on the phone he told me how he wanted me to play but first team wasn’t promised.

“I spoke with my brother and he gave me some candid advice and said I should choose Wolfsburg because the coach wanted me so much more than the rest that we have spoken to. And I should look at the project they have for me that it will be nice that we should give it a shot. So I said okay, fine, we will go to Wolfsburg then.”

Osimhen however expressed sadness that things did not work out well for him at Wolfsburg.

“So for me Wolfsburg was a perfect choice but sometimes life is like this, what you imagined is not what you get.

“It didn’t work out well and I was really sad it didn’t work out well because I really had a point to prove but life is like this so I had to accept.”

Osimhen spent two seasons with Wolfsburg from 2017 to 2019 but failed to score in any of his 16 appearances for the club.

He then joined Belgian club Charleroi on loan from Wolfsburg which turned out to be successful as he netted 20 goals in 36 appearances.

In July 2019 he signed for Lille OSC and on 11 August 2019, made his Ligue 1 debut scoring a brace against Nantes. The match ended 2–1 in favour of Lille.

In October 2019 he became ‘Player of the Month’ for Ligue 1.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/why-i-turned-down-move-to-arsenal.html?m=1

11 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Well, life is the master of disguise... A move to Ajax would have cemented his place as one of the most dangerous striker's in Europe....

Good thing he's playing first team football at Lille and he's doing well.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Sirheny007(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Lies.
Almost every player claim to have turned down Arsene Wenger at some point.
It has even become a 'sensational media' vantage point for players.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Jestin: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Do not despise the days of your little beginning. You have a bright future a head

3 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by helinues: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Even though Na lies but kwantinu

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Zenzu01(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Always do whatever makes you happy

But I believe if you had chosen Barcelona, you could have become a very good option for Suarez who has not really been impressive.

This will also given you the opportunity to be compared to the likes of Mbape, Dembele, Nicholas Pepe and the rest.

It could also make you spend more time on the beach than the field.

So this brings me to my first sentence.

Always do whatever makes you happy grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by FuckThreadOwner: 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
If he had sign for Barcelona, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Arsenal he would've been another Sanogo because he is an average player.

28 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by tstx(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Okay
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by thundafire: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ok dats good to hear
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by profilemessages: 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
prof Wenger, mention any big star that wasn't prospected by Wenger?
the man is dope! RESPECT!!!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Bewiseedet(m): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
Enjoy ur time at Lille and remember to earn enough money cos that is what really matters

2 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
OsiGOAL

7 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by drizslim(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
FuckThreadOwner:
If he had sign for Barcelona, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Arsenal he would've been another Sanogo because he is an average player.
i concur!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by asatemple(f): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
Part of what makes you
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Edopesin: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Best decision you you could have made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by samaikapawon: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
shocked cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:
Even though Na lies but kwantinu

Everyone can't be like Lai Mohammed who was appointed by his boss to lie 4 him.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by DarkJeddi(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sirheny007:
Lies.
Almost every player claim to have turned down Arsene Wenger at some point.
It has even become a 'sensational media' vantage point for players.

So?

We should believe you,above him that said he spoke with Wenger?

The only person running on hearsay here,is you.. angry

11 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Whizbuzz(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
Cool guy..saw him at the park behind shoprite Ikeja on Xmas along with my family...that's me on a black duraj... Very humble..

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by YungMillionaire: 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
cool
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by 24kmagic: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
kiss
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Whizbuzz(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
He was even attentive to my dad's advice 3days ago...the sky is your starting point brother....

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by SweetPreeq(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
Lies

All lies
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by enemyofprogress: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
His brother's advice l killed his destiny

1 Like

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Ayobami7(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
真棒
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by sankky: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
If he had signed for the Gunners too early in his career, he would have been a goner. He is talented though.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
Erediauwa:
Well, life is the master of disguise... A move to Ajax would have cemented his place as one of the most dangerous striker's in Europe....

Good thing he's playing first team football at Lille and he's doing well.
many strikers have gone to Ajax and fail. for two seasons now, they have been playing without a striker.
he is doing perfectly fine at where he is now

4 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by xcelentattitude(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
"When I turned 18" grin

That part cracked me up grin

Even me wey I be 25 self, I no say na my senior bros him be age wise grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by spafu(m): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals / Pogba: Manchester United 'Need To Change Something' After Losing At Leicester / Arsenal Sign Cedric Soares On Loan From Southampton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.