Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen (25191 Views)

Super Eagles: Why I Turned Down Advice From NFF Officials – Rohr / Odion Ighalo Turned Down Inter Milan And Tottenham For Man United (Screen shot) / Premier League: Jose Mourinho Warned Arsenal Despite Wining Newcastle 1-0 > Peer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Khaleell001(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:
Even though Na lies but kwantinu
na you own come be truth? Some of you here are something else.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Khaleell001(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
SweetPreeq:
Lies
All lies
very very stupid moniker. very foolish!
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by greenprince(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
Erediauwa:
Well, life is the master of disguise... A move to Ajax would have cemented his place as one of the most dangerous striker's in Europe....

Good thing he's playing first team football at Lille and he's doing well.

How are we sure he'd have met a patient coach considering the wealth in attack at Ajax in 2017?
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Reussite: 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
That's life for you.
Things do not always work out exactly the way we plan them.
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by bigbeats: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by SeishinSenshi: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
I listened to his interview on Nigerian info.
Big ups to FATG for bringing him to the studio. I believe his decision was the right one at the time even if it didn't turn out as planned.

I hope he continues to grow and improve on his game.
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Seun360(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
many strikers have gone to Ajax and fail. for two seasons now, they have been playing without a striker.
he is doing perfectly fine at where he is now

You are right, even Dolberg had to japa to Nice before they stole his wristwatch.
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
Seun360:

You are right, even Dolberg had to japa to Nice before they stole his wristwatch.
Ajax is know for developing midfielders
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by AreaFada2: 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ajax prepares you for total football. Most players who leave Ajax after youth level or early part of senior career make it across Europe.

But I believe he wanted to go to a smaller club, make a name for himself before going to a bigger club.

But German clubs are a bit unique in that they put discipline, following instructions accurately and hard graft as more important than sheer natural football skills only. They believe those other characteristics can make just an above player achieve great things.

Look at the German side that won FIFA WC in Brazil. Probably the most average side to have ever won the cup.

1 Like

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Kfed4ril(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
FuckThreadOwner:
If he had sign for Barcelona, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Arsenal he would've been another Sanogo because he is an average player.

Yaya Sanogo for FM that year ehh
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by chewwie(m): 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sirheny007:
Lies.
Almost every player claim to have turned down Arsene Wenger at some point.
It has even become a 'sensational media' vantage point for players.

Wenger signed Nwakali, almost signed Chukwueze, and you think he didn't try to sign the tournament's highest goalscorer and the highest goalscorer in the history of the U17 World Cup. God gave you brain, use it.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by chewwie(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
SweetPreeq:
Lies

All lies
Are you his agent? Boy is out there making a name for himself and his family, you are here talking nonsense
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by chewwie(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
xcelentattitude:
"When I turned 18" grin

That part cracked me up grin

Even me wey I be 25 self, I no say na my senior bros him be age wise grin
Does Osimhen look older than Fikayo Tomori? Does he look older than Naby Keita or Dele Alli? Or is it because he was born in Nigeria?
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Bawofss(m): 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
ur Arsenal dreams can still be achieved if u work really hard at ur present club.......this guy is better than Tammy Abraham
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by xcelentattitude(m): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
chewwie:

Does Osimhen look older than Fikayo Tomori? Does he look older than Naby Keita or Dele Alli? Or is it because he was born in Nigeria?

You know the Nigerian factor na.

There can only be + to the age and not -
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Legendguru: 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by Arkeray1: 12:34am On Dec 29, 2019
Sure odd of 2 for 2morow game

Arsenal vs chelsea... Arsenal to score

Mancity vs Sheffield united...mancity 2 win

Bristol city vs Luton...over8.5 corner

Empoil vs livorno... Empoli to score

Follow me at arkeray10 on Instagram For more games
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by grandstar(m): 1:47am On Dec 29, 2019
This guy looks 24/25. I'm not saying he's lying grin grin
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by sleek82(m): 6:54am On Dec 29, 2019
Bawofss:
ur Arsenal dreams can still be achieved if u work really hard at ur present club.......this guy is better than Tammy Abraham
I don't totally agree with this, tammy is playing in chelsea (EPL) presently, Osimen is in Lille (French league)...the difference is long abeg
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by sleek82(m): 7:00am On Dec 29, 2019
One of the hardest decisions for a very younger player is choosing the right club to grow in, yes it may have worked for him like it did for Thierry Henry as Wenger sure gives young talents enough time to grow and it could have easily gone bad as well. I urge him to work on his present form, he will get even better with time
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by henryhemon(m): 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
Erediauwa:
Well, life is the master of disguise... A move to Ajax would have cemented his place as one of the most dangerous striker's in Europe....

Well said.
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by gibzzhd: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
sleek82:
I don't totally agree with this, tammy is playing in chelsea (EPL) presently, Osimen is in Lille (French league)...the difference is long abeg
Both are one season wonder beko.I would just them in 2 season time.just remain consistent like Kane and vardy those English monsters.Abu is the best striker in the world forget lewandoski
Re: Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen by toprealman: 7:36am On Jan 01, 2020
Erediauwa:

Don't forget that Ajax with one of the best youth academy are not short of youngsters like him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lobi Stars Vs Mamelodi Sundown: CAF Champions League - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Arsenal Sign Cedric Soares On Loan From Southampton / Manchester United And Leeds Fans Clash Before EPL Match (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.