Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,484 members, 7,801,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day (48253 Views)

After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by eyinjuege: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
mrphysics:

I think the husband didn't understand where it was coming from-which is his wife. And he has no right to beat his wife no matter the reason.

But when it is coming from someone who has no business in your life, then the above from you doesn't make sense and I don't have the strength to argue further.

Yes, a stranger just meets you on the way and tells you your haircut makes you look like a kid. Indeed. Bye
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by BRATISLAVA: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ardar:
What are you still doing in that marriage? Is it when he finally kills you that you'll understand that your horseband is gradually turning into a beast.

I don't know when women in abusive marriages will get sense, the day any man lays his finger on me especially when unprovoked will be the end of the peace and sanity in that marriage.

We will fight to our last breath, it's either he kills me or I kill him or we kill each other, but if we both survive he won't try such rubbish again.

She even went to the party to pretend all is well. People like her license battery. He will do worse and expect her to cover it up. The way she's already acted, she probably will. Her children will bear the scars of her complacence with her life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by olaodun: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
Sorry for what had happened if what you said is the true picture however
Please discuss with him to know your offence and let conscience guide you if you are guilty of what he said and apologize and also demand your apology from for beating you and forgive and forget for the sake of your family and children
if he does not listen to you discuss with the close person he respects and listens to to resolve the issue and move on life is more complex than to be busy with with irrelevant issues .This is my little contribution

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by therajah: 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
Attack ftom village!!
He is being remotely controlled
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
[quote author=crackhaus post=85298020]1. I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

2. I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly.

After giving you the benefit of a doubt and assuming this is exactly how it happened - then your husband has definitely gone mad to react to absolutely nothing.
Please politely ask him if there is madness running in his family, make sure you ask him from a safe distance because he will surely use the nearest furniture to kill you.

Madness does not have a cure, but it can be managed.
Arrange to have him put in chains and get him on medications till everything returns to normal.[/quotAt the bolded got me cracking

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by TUANKU(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
Your husband is a monster and a coward.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Originalsly: 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:

1. I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day,

2. he wore another outfit, a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes

3. so I asked him politely to go and change,

4. he got angry at me and [b]told me to keep quiet[/b]and he went inside.

5. He was in our room for an hour

6. he later came out he only changed his top

7. I had decided not to say anything

8. I asked him if we could take a family picture,

9. he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly

Let me be clear... your husband should not hit you.
Now the breakdown..... by now you should know your husband well enough to see the signs when he need to be left alone. From what you wrote... this is how I see it.

1/2. Is he a child for you to pick what clothes he should wear?...to his friend's occasion? He dressed casual.... do you know if after the celebration they planned going fishing?...a football game?...or hang out somewhere where casual is the wear?

3. After not liking his casual everyday dress look..... are you trying to let me believe you would be polite in telling him to go and change? At this point.... you are adding salt to the wound... really treating him like a child. ...picking what he should wear and now he need to go and change.

4/5/6 He got angry... which you knew.... and didn't want to be pissed off by anything else you may say so he asked you to he quiet....went in the room to simmer down before coming out.

7/8 You decided not to say anything ....for peace to reign.... but said something anyway?....and still expect peace to reign?

9. Why are you now surprised that he snapped?

He knows himself and was trying to avoid this situation. Madam when people snap.... nothing is off limit. If you never knew...now you know he has a breaking point... learn to read the signs to stay clear of danger. Know your husband.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by palman(m): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cutehector:
Not that I am supporting him for hitting you ooo.. Never. But take a look at your words

You asked him to take a family picture and he snapped and slapped you just like that? I sha know that women are very good at removing a lot of details when narrating their own side of the story.

Edited: and to all those quoting me telling me on no account should a man hit a woman.. It seems you all have serious issues with reading. Please study the first paragraph before thinking of quoting me.

I support ur point, she might have swallowed up some part of the story but frustration and depression is deep mehn
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by mrdino(m): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
healthserve:
Patiently remember and list the unresolved issues not matter how little you both had before this incidence.. Except your husband likes to beat you for fun, this doesn't make any sense atall. Not in the slightest

I like this approach. In addition, I suspect there's something she might have done secretly, thinking that her husband is not aware, but he refused to confront her. Hence, he's taking the frustration on her.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by back2sender: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group.

On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit, a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him, I even sent the kids in their room to play, he later came out he only changed his top but didn't changed the trousers and trainers. I had decided not to say anything for peace to reign, so as we were leaving, I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.

I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine, no quarrel at all, I just don't understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God, I didn't say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out, his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reach hubby on the phone, I told him we are coming.

I cleaned myself, changed my clothes and I left with the kids to his friend's house, to my surprise he was already there, we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son's room. I just don't know what to do again
Naa your mouth dey kill you.

If your husband like he can wear pant to the party that's its business and not yours.

The most important thing is that he provides for his family his primary priority all other concerns is secondary.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by paparazi1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group.

On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit, a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him, I even sent the kids in their room to play, he later came out he only changed his top but didn't changed the trousers and trainers. I had decided not to say anything for peace to reign, so as we were leaving, I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.

I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine, no quarrel at all, I just don't understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God, I didn't say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out, his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reach hubby on the phone, I told him we are coming.

I cleaned myself, changed my clothes and I left with the kids to his friend's house, to my surprise he was already there, we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son's room. I just don't know what to do again
Call his attention
on a good day, start with an apology even when you did him no wrong, a simple apology like, start with the name
you usually called him and say, if i have wrong you in any way pls forgive me bec two wrongs can not make a
wright they say. Make sure you dress in that outfit that usually seduce him. You may also pray b4 approaching
him if you are a believer. thk me latter.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by midnighter(f): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
adegbiji:
Whatever wrong the woman had done in the context of the story she had narrated is no justification for the kind of assault she suffered. Except you're privy to a more detailed account than the one here presented, the party that ought to bend the knee in apology is the man, who did not only wrong his wife, but also violated the psychological wellbeing of his children. A wrongdoing cannot be corrected by another wrongdoing. Someone absolutely different from the wife needs to call the man to order.

It's not a justification but still a reason. That person has a point.

We can give OP the benefit of the doubt that she "politely asked him To go and change" but if she knows that her tone was disrespectful then that's another angle.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Glorygrace(f): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
I think you offended him by your speech so he reacted by beating you. Apologize and make up with your husband. Watch your words subsequently. Compliments of the season.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
adegbiji:
Whatever wrong the woman had done in the context of the story she had narrated is no justification for the kind of assault she suffered. Except you're privy to a more detailed account than the one here presented, the party that ought to bend the knee in apology is the man, who did not only wrong his wife, but also violated the psychological wellbeing of his children. A wrongdoing cannot be corrected by another wrongdoing. Someone absolutely different from the wife needs to call the man to order.

My dear forget. Do you know if shes been doing it before and.d the mans been pilling it up for her. In fact I just saw one of her responses to someone that, she used to say worst things and do worst to the hubby but he never beat her for it bla bla bla...so its prolly as a result of pent up feelings that the man unleashed. Who knows maybe the man feels.if he doesn't end it with beating they might get to the friends house and she'll begin to show herself again. So the man kukuma teh pause to it�. You see that at the friends place, she come maintain. She could not even utter a word. The man deliberately did that to resett her brain and it worked.

It is well.
Person like me mor like beating ao I dey sabi code ahead to avoid story that touch.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by AmeLonRo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Also tell us what you did to him to earn his beating. grin
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by fireback: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:

you must have brushed his ego. The way you shouted at him to go and change his clothes like he was your house boy in front of the kids. You must have used insulting words while telling him to take a family picture. There's no way he can just slap you like that without reason, it's not just possible.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MariaAngeles: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
LINTUNE:
keep quiet,na so una go de make mouth..its ur type that will mumu pass for such men, grin the man fit De beat u, come de rape u join tongue
What!?

I ma ihe I ga emerem ebe ahu I no ugbu a ? Sekpuru ala, kele Chineke no n'eligwe that I'm not the mood, if not ehn...
Laa n'udo!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
TUANKU:
Your husband is a monster and a coward.

Just like that?
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by bugativeron: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
Hi sorry about this. If I may ask, for how long have you been married? See it is obvious your husband is under pressure from certain things, it could be work, health, finances or other issues and he may be holding up a lot.
It doesnt mean he is no longer in love with you.
I am a married man, some times my wife push me like that and later want picture, I sometimes want to burst out or even slap her. The only difference is I haven't done it. But it doesn't mean I don't love her.
Just chill for him and stop pushing him on anything he doesn't feel like for now until whatever pressure he is going thru is resolved. He will come around. But if the beating continues then run for ur dear life.
Mrsprissy:

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by apolonius(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
Op, sorry about the beating and hoping your marriage grows from the conflict, fight and clash.

Ignore many of these kids telling you the ideals you must hold your marriage to. They know little or nothing about marriage and life.

You tried dictating to hubby how he should dress. He grudgingly went in to change. Then came out with a changed top only. He was already angry that you will tell him how to dress for a visit to HIS FRIEND’s place.Possibly, you told him in a patronizing way.

Your error: you asked him to take a picture. The message he got is that you wanted him to change his clothes for you to take pictures to satisfy your social media audience.

If we dig in objectively, you will admit that he is not one who likes you posting pictures on social media, and possibly considers it a fake lifestyle.

For him, you pushed him to change his clothes to enable you take pictures for the audience you are determined to satisfy.

Sensitivity to mood and a very respectful approach in nudging a spouse to do what we want is crucial.

Pick the lessons as I know he will pick, and soldier on.

All married people will tell you it takes hard work, patience and high tolerance to make marriage work.

The slap is bad, but a very small thing compared to the huge crises that marriages go through. Soldier on.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by AlphaStorm: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
Abeg lets hear from the Husband before making any conclusions
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by recentelder(m): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
Honestly. your husband has no excuse to beat you in the first instance.However. two things can trigger men anger this period . 1 if he failed to meet his expectation compared to his friends at the end of the year.2 if you of recent start to deny him of sex instead you suddenly become boss.However, the solution is in you hand, be your husband best frnd this time. Pls, he needs you in time like this.Pls,play ur wedding video, show him love, be submissive,surprise him with gift this season.Treat him like little baby and thereafter call for pillow talk.He wl open up.I wish you hitch free marital journey
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Pataricatering(f): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ur not a wise person - so stop trying to speak like ur one . If a wife beats her husband every six years - is this d advice ul give ? U people view women like animals - who can be maltreated anyhow .
healthserve:

Probe and apply panacea is how life is. About not being spiritual, I laugh in Cantonese. To ba kan e, o ma ye e

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by onadana: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
thorpido:
That must be his own way of celebrating Christmas with you.

The guy just started beating her,just like that.Women with their razor blade mouth.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Tats(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
baby124:
I think your husband is cheating. He may think he’s in love with this woman and you all are an inconvenience all of a sudden. You would be surprised how some married men can fall in love. Crazy ones I tell you. OP, maybe the side chick bought the shirt that you said was not nice cheesy. On a serious note, it’s either he’s cheating and had plans that day. He tried to thwart the family plans but you get strong head.

Or he’s got a psychological problem. Please report this to your family and his. Get to the root of the matter. In the mean time find a safe place to stay and consider what is best for you and your kids. The next time he snaps, you may not survive it.

Possibly the best explanation about what happened.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by karli4nia(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
MariaAngeles:

Raise hands ? Me ? Nooo
I kuku do not have the strength to fight o, but God Almighty blessed me with 3strong brothers ( tall hefty men at that o), so I'd like to see the bastârd who dares to hurt their sister ( princess like me kee )

Isi Aki! Isi okpo!
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by meobizy(f): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
It's good this is not my regular account. That way nobody can identify me from this comment.

Assuming OP is telling the truth then the man obviously misses his life as a bachelor. At least back then nobody disturbed him on cloth choices and he could go anywhere he wanted. With this beating he has cemented something: if he dresses casual his wife has to dress down also, stay at home or receive another beating for questioning his choice.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Andrez123(m): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
The referee has cheated Arsenal today, that's a clear 2nd yellow card for Jorginho who went along to score the equalizer for Chelsea. He wasn't supposed to be on the pitch.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Twoclans(f): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
safarigirl:
your name is Bluntboy and youu are saying OP should not be blunt?

If her husband is dressing like a trader in Upper Iweka, shouldn't she help with his style? Man is probably sporting a pot belle and wearing tight body hug to accentuate his man boobs.

If his style is wack, she has the right, as his wife, to pick out his outfits. That is what most wives do with their husbands; they buy them clothes and help select their outfits. Why can't OP do same for the Grinch she married?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by NamedByGod: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
He is disliking you already, there is another woman out there, you will suffer small but he will come back to his senses later, a man that beats you for no reason obviously was a mistake, we cannot conclude because we don't even know where you are located and also the kinda person you married cos some people marry for money before they get themselves later

Mrsprissy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Couple Who Met During NYSC Celebrate 22nd Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) / Ex-Husband Gives Current Husband Appreciation Gift For Taking Care Of His Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.